advice

Discussion in 'Rocky Mount, NC' started by Kazuma_Kuahara, Dec 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kazuma_Kuahara Jedi Master

star 4
    Anyone have any advice on ways to legally make some cash that doesn't involve lifting anything more than about 15lbs. By the time i am potentially able to return to work I will have been out for a little over a month. Can you guys think of some, even low paying jobs that I could do sitting down or with out constant heavy lifting?
  2. eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    You do realize what you opened the door up to, dont you?
  3. Entropy Jedi Master

star 4
    Thank you Eddie-wan. It's been all I can do to keep from saying something along the lines of "Joe might need a fluffer for his next movie."

In all seriousness though, I can think of several things, but most of them require specific skill sets that are not typically associated with meat-cutter work. Have you considered contacting a temp agency to look for wordprocessing or data entry work?
  4. joe-da Jedi Master

star 4
    ummm... no comment...
  5. eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Listen to Entropy you should. The temp agencies are pretty good about finding folks work.
  6. JediRiff FanForce CR Rocky Mount NC US

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Eddie-wan beat me to it. ;)

Seriously, Entropy has a good point. Also, what are you good at? Look at that, and see if there are any jobs in line with those types of skills....
  7. Kazuma_Kuahara Jedi Master

star 4
    I have my Associates in Information systems, thanks for the idea about data entry :)
  8. ForceTheologian Force Ghost

star 2
    Well, with my past experience, temp services suck! But, hey, that's me. One thing you can think on, man, is the words of Disney's Aladin. "It's not illegal until you get caught." Just don't do something stupid. You'll be fine.

FT
  9. JediRiff FanForce CR Rocky Mount NC US

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Um.... I wouldnt quite go *THAT* route, Kazuma, I think Entropys idea might be a bit wiser. :)
  10. Entropy Jedi Master

star 4
    FT does have a point about temp agency's though. I worked for one while I was living in DC, and didn't have a very good experience. I wouldn't do it again unless I was desperate for work. To be fair though, I have heard of other people who have had great experiences with them.

If you've got an AAS in IS, I?d suggest trying to make a long term change and start looking for help desk positions in Raleigh. The pay probably will not be much better (heck, it may not even be as good), but the work will be less physically taxing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.