Advisory Council Update as of December 4, 2002

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Katya Jade, Dec 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
  1. royalguard96 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Dagsy: You're missing some excellent discussion in AOTC. And I will say, that forum has become much more civil since YodaJeff arrived. And I'm not saying that just because he posted in this thread.
  2. Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    "..that forum has become much more civil.."

I haven't seen any such change. Just yesterday, I saw a guy insulting another guy's girlfriend just because he didn't think that Natalie is hot. Another conflict where a guy posted that he hadn't seen the movie, and it was found that he had. Someone told him to leave the whole JC, that he wasn't good enough to post here and is a stupid trekkie. Another guy called him a "basement dwelling virgin."

And that is just in one day. Other forums only get that kind of stuff once a month, if that. And it's been that way for a good long while, no matter which mod tries to put a stop to it.
  3. ReaperFett Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I know I'll be soundly beaten for this, but could the problem be simply that there isnt enough ina single film for a forum? Which makes repetetive posts, which makes anger.
  4. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    I used to run that forum exclusively from April through about July. Then I backed off a few months and did it exclusively for awhile again. It's better than almost all the forums on the boards. It has a reputation that is completely inaccurate.

There is no way Yoda Jeff, I, or any other moderator can predict when someone will flame another, bash, or be a troll. When we see it, we immediately take care of it. But with over 12,000 posts a day on the boards, we miss things. We count on users to inform us of problems in threads they're posting in. If they don't but it's happening, they're equally guilty.
  5. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling

star 6
  6. Gay-LenKenobi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Chill, DS. No one accused you of slacking and no one is blaming anyone for the problems in AOTC. No one asked you to be able to predict flaming either. Just a tad bit on the defensive side, dont ya think?

"But with over 12,000 posts a day on the boards"

That number isn't a fair representation of what a mod has to cover. Plenty of that is in FanForce, and those boards have their own mods. Plus, most mods have assigned forums, so they are certainly not responsible for anything close to 12,000 posts a day. Plus, AOTC specifically is covered by several mods, so whatever fraction of 12,000 that AOTC actually gets a day, there are 3 people assigned to it.

"We count on users to inform us of problems in threads they're posting in. If they don't but it's happening, they're equally guilty."

[face_laugh]
    Well, phew!! I sure am glad that I did report then. I don't want to be just as guilty and just as banned for someone else flaming a friend of mine and his girlfriend. 8-}

7. KitFist0 Force Ghost

star 4
    I used to visite AotC everyday but since the movie has been released it's pointless, because I wanted to discuss spoilers. I don't go to the PSA yet because frankly it's too early. Maybe this time next year there might be something to talk about.
  8. Darth McClain Arena Manager Emeritus

star 6
    In response to Katya's question...

No, I do not visit any of the PT forums on any sort of regular basis. It really doesn't intrest me to discuss potential spoilers three years before the film is released. I didn't like TPM a whole lot, so I don't visit it's forum. I do check in at AOTC in regards to the Geonisis/Jedi Count thread, but that is about it.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.