main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Advisory Council Update for the week ending October 31

Discussion in 'Communications' started by YodaJeff, Oct 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998
    "Why would new members be added?"

This has been in discussion, but as far as I am aware, this has been decided against. Though there are lots great guys and gals who are perfect for the AC, I personally feel, and the feeling I get from the thread, is we want to save these members for the next iteration of the AC.

It's not really fair to ask someone to come in halfway through, and just take "half a term", and we all feel we are at a pretty optimum level, numbers wise.

So, all we plan to do is replace Dev Sibwarra with a new person, (whose identity is pretty much decided on but they haven't been asked yet), and rounding up the discussion about the third ex-mod position.

Again, that's just my understanding of where the thread is at the moment©

UKS

©UKS Disclaimer Technologies

2. Darth_AYBABTU

Darth_AYBABTU Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 8, 2001

I've got twenty bucks that says it's spooku.

AYBABTU?

3. Qui Gon Jim23

Qui Gon Jim23 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    Don't make me come over there, AYBABTU.

4. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    You're even more intimidating than usual with that icon, Jim. ;)

Ideally, everyone who posts to a given board should be doing their best to smooth out potential conflicts, especially when they occur among newer members who might not be familiar with the rules. The self-governing nature of the smaller boards here is a good part of what makes them more pleasant than larger boards where mods have to pull combatants off each other kicking and screaming. It would be great to introduce a change like this.

5. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Just a question about the AC: is their presence recognised over all the JC forums? Sometimes we tend to forget that a lot of members don't visit outside of one or two particular forums, e.g. AOTC or EU. Are AC members representative of regulars in all boards, or is it mainly just people who hang out in Comms and YJCC?

I'm just asking because I know there are a couple of people who frequent 3NS who are also AC members, which is great, but I wasn't sure if all the other forums received the same sort of treatment.

6. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    "Are AC members representative of regulars in all boards, or is it mainly just people who hang out in Comms and YJCC?"

Click the link in any of the AC members titles. The thread it links to has a listing of all the forums regularly visited by the ACers.

Amazing.

7. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    Many of the movie boards are represented heavily while the EU oens tend to be less so.

However, thats just for the AC and the next one the Demographics of it might shift.

One final note on the idea of the AC stepping in on feuds. I don't think that would work in the sense of getting both parties to sit down and talk about their problems. That would probably only en up in both sides yelling how the other side started it or is being stupid. Telling people privately that they should step back and take a breather, without saying they're wrong, is probably the best way to calm down a tense situation.

I just wanted to make that clarification.

8. mac-nut

mac-nut Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2001
    thank you.

good discussion.

seasonal icons would be nice. other than that, only GL/LFL stuff, as this is a SW board.

we are family; we all need to look after each other, and help keep the drama to a minimum, hopefully, nonexistent. :)

9. Qui Gon Jim23

Jun 11, 2002
    You're even more intimidating than usual with that icon, Jim.

Don't push me, or I'll scream real good. :D

10. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    you should take the chance to abolish all permanent AC positions, I personally think that all ACers should be rotated, even the exmods, if there is enough supply to fit demand.......which i think there probably isn't

11. Qui Gon Jim23

Jun 11, 2002
    I believe we're going to begin discussions on exactly what changes should be made to the structure of the AC now that we have the benifit of a few rotations.

12. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    As for the ex-mod issue, we decided that "how many and who" would be decided by each new AC group. If the next batch of ACers don't want any ex-mods around, they will be able to make that decision. If they want to bring back some of the same ex-mods that we had, they will be able to do so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.