main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Advisory Council Update - Week Ending Oct. 17th, 2002

Discussion in 'Communications' started by UK Sullustian, Oct 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Basically, anything that's mentioned in here was brought up in the AC (obviously), so we'll just bring it up if we find it important enough.

Thanks for the update UKS, great one there, and I think it's having its intended effect! :)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I think the idea is for everything discussed in the AC to get a bullet point on the updates. jp mentioned he was going to be absent from the boards for a bit, so that made it into this week's update. If he made another thread on the same topic in the Mod Squad, I guess we'll all be reinformed of his pending hiatus in the next Mod Squad update. :)

3. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    well, i have had the view for a while now that since there doesnt seem to be any limit on the number of forums in this place why get all heated up over the particular role of another.........

the ampitheatre may double up on other forums, hell it may even lower the average quality of the JCC/or improve it, depending on your point of view..........but who cares, there is obviously a community there who supports it, i have even posted there once or twice........let it be i say

4. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    > I guess we'll all be reinformed of his pending hiatus in the next Mod Squad update.

You may even be informed of the baby's weight, sex and name in the next MS update.

Anyway, I informed the MS and AC I may be paring back non-Games Forum duties for a few weeks (ie. AC, MS & Comms discussions) to help the family adjust to the new addition...

As said prior the announcement in MS was too late for the MS update, but well in time for the AC one.

5. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    About the Amphitheatre: it does seem to be serving its purpose as an arts and culture forum, and I don't see any reason why it should be merged back into the JCC. I'm in there fairly regularly, though I only post in one or two threads and just browse the others, and it does seem to be avoiding the "fan club" idea that could have plagued it.

6. bright sith

bright sith Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 1999
    When discussions about creating an arts and culture forum were raging, many members provided specific, detailed thread ideas. Some of the most popular threads in the Amphitheatre right now, or at least in size thread, are the opposite. Generalizations are typical in the forum. A few specific threads, such as Jeff 42's thread on the symbols of Minority Report, are what is needed in the forum. That great thread eventually degenerated into a "I like this movie" thread, but what Jeff did, to be specific about one topic he was interested, provides the best guideline as to what threads are needed in the forum.

Perhaps the mods and original proponents of creating the forum could create threads that deal with a smaller range of topics head on, instead of broad generalizations. There certainly were many good topics in the original discussions about creating the forum. The topics are there, they just need to be posted.

7. Jedi Master RussDog

Jedi Master RussDog Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 26, 1998
    Back. And in full support of that #VII.

8. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Guys, thanks for your opinions on the Amphitheatre. Keep them coming, if you'd like. I promise you that your thoughts and feelings aren't in vain :)

9. LittleJedi

LittleJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    I posted in the Amphitheatre a couple of times when it first opened though time constraints, and other commitments have stopped me spending much time there since. But it's a nice place for intelligent discussion and I'm quite happy for it to stay as it is. I can't see how it could be broke so don't fix it. :)

LittleJedi

10. shinjo_jedi

shinjo_jedi Jedi Master star 5

May 21, 2002
    Wonderful Update :)

11. Yodave27

Yodave27 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2001
    I like the Amphitheatre. Leave it as it is. BTW, I'm glad these updates are becoming more frequent. Good job all.

12. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
  13. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Beat me to it, KW ;)

14. Iwishiwasajedi

Iwishiwasajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    ?Without specific knowledge of or opinions on a given subject, the Amphitheatre really doesn't hold my interest. Most people don't have opinions beyond "X is cool" or "I hate Y" when it comes to art/music and don't desire to go beyond that.?

There are a lot of rules there now to stop that, but I have to agree with you on the no intrest point.

I stopped going there for 2 weeks because topics didn't intrest me. I started a thread on my intrests-it must have been a chevy-like a rock.

15. EmpressPalpatine

EmpressPalpatine Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 31, 2001
    as circumstances prevented me from doing this earlier, I'd just like to offer my heartfelt congrats to the members of the AC on their selection to serve. I have faith in their abilities to do a wonderful job.

16. YODA the all powerful

YODA the all powerful Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    Yoda the All Powerful on alcohol, (The subject not substance!):

So certain are you???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.