main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AE CS3 Error

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by fjrsm, Apr 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fjrsm

fjrsm Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 25, 2007
    Hi. I've recently reinstalled After Effects on my PC again and, after the setup, I tried to run it, and experienced the common error.

The little purple splash appeared and a window popped up saying:

After I click OK for the five times the window pops up, another window pops up saying:

This isn't the first time I get this message, and I've fixed it in the past, but I'm not getting it to work this time.
    Can I get a hand please?

2. NickLong

NickLong Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    http://tinyurl.com/3ahjmst

Considering that he says he's been able to fix it before, I think we're past the LMGTFY stage. Come on now.

3. Master_Comyn

Master_Comyn Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2000
    ... aaaaand that's what we call a useless reply. Don't be that guy.

4. Boter

Boter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    That was unnecessary.

fjrsm, you said you've gotten it before and been able to fix it. What have you tried already?

5. fjrsm

Sep 25, 2007
    Well, last time, I believe it was the "AfterFX8.ini", which had "[System DLL Fragmentation Workaround]
    Enable Workaround=0" that value set to 1 and I needed to switch it to 0 and reinstall. This time, that value is already set to 0 and I've tried to reinstall the program. I don't know what I can do, other than that...

6. TrowaGP02a

TrowaGP02a Jedi Master star 4

Dec 24, 2004
    I don't see how Google was a useless reply. A simple searched yielded five different methods for attempting to fix that on the first page alone.

Anyway, try installing on a different machine with the same installer to see if that's your problem.

7. fjrsm

Sep 25, 2007
    It was a useless reply, I tried the solutions available on a few pages.

I have installed it on another PC about a month ago and it worked fine.

8. Boter

Jul 8, 2002
    Though I personally have gotten my fair share of AE errors, this particular one is actually outside of my experience. Sorry I couldn't be too much help :(

9. DarthRicmu

DarthRicmu Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 3, 2005
    Fin and Delete ALL AE files and folders including the hidden ones and the ini's... And then try a reinstall. It seems that there is something left somewhere which shouldn't be there...

Like you said, another pc worked fine :)

10. Boter

Jul 8, 2002
    As long as we're tackling it from there, make sure all of the files in your user folder are deleted as well. I've sometimes run into problems with a file caught in the AE folder there. Could be a preferences file, I don't think those are deleted upon uninstallation...

x:\Documents and Settings\[you]\My Documents\Adobe\After Effects CS3

Replace "Documents and Settings" with "User" on Windows 7, and I'm presuming Vista as well. (Since you said "PC", I'm assuming it's a Windows machine; you'd have to ask someone else for the path on a Mac.)

11. drewjmore

drewjmore Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 15, 2007
    http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/search/index.cfm?loc=en_us&term=manually%20remove%20CS3&cat=support?loc=en_us&term=manually%20remove%20CS3&cat=support

I know in CS2 sometimes you had to edit the registry after an uninstall to really get it out of the system and get a clean reinstall. That link had a good looking set of results, but I did not dig deeper than that; you'd be looking for a list of "HKEY-blah-blah" registry keys to delete.

12. fjrsm

Sep 25, 2007
    Hey, I got it to work!

I mean, I found an empty Adobe After Effects CS3 folder on the My Documents folder and deleted it. Uninstalled, installed, and now it works.

Thank you all for your support. Have a good day ;)

13. Boter

Jul 8, 2002
    Glad we could be of some help!

14. drewjmore

drewjmore Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 15, 2007
    ^^all hail the king of the thread^^
    =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.