main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AE- spoiler for ANH on DVD

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Stilleon, Jan 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stilleon

Stilleon Jedi Youngling

Jan 10, 2004
    Hi,

I work in the post prodution field and have a friend who freelances a lot in the North California area. She is an excellent 3D animator who was hired by Lucasfilm for a few weeks (I don't want to say more in case she gets in trouble) but it was for a film unrealted to Star Wars. While there a Lucasfilm fulltimer showed her what he was working on:

A REPLACEMENT FOR THE GREEDO SHOOTS FIRST SCENE!!!

Most exciting is that they have modeled both Han Solo and Greedo as 3D digital characters. The scene she saw was half done. In it Han does not ready his gun. Instead Greeso fast draws his own gun and Han leaps up knowcking the gun away. They restle. The rest was not done but the animator said that as they restle Greedo reaches for the gun, grabs it, and accidentally shoots himself!

According to the animator, his boss told him Lucas felt that Han still seemed too unheroic in dispatching Greedo, and this would leave Han completely free of guilt in the death.

There you go!

Stilleon

EV Edit: Redirecting to AE/SE thread.

2. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I'm going to redirect this to the SE/AE dvd thread.

I must say, out of all of the rumors going on for the dvd, this one I actually hate. Han needs to kill Greedo in cold blood and not in self-defense and certainly not Greedo doing himself in.

Oh, and welcome to the boards.

3. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    TEH FUNNY is weak with this one.

Rick McCallum loves you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.