main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AFA Grading

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by dimshady81, May 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dimshady81

dimshady81 Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2005
    Does anyone know anything about AFA grading? I'm curious whether it is better to send in sealed cases for grading or open them up and see what I'm sending in? Is the value more if they are uncirculated?

Thanks

2. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    Not trying to sound rude or anything,but I wouldn't get things AFA graded if I were you. The whole thing is nothing but a rip off,IMHO. :)

3. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    ^^^^^ 100% agree. Your paying someone, what $30, to tell you what you have? BS on that. heck, I have a NY toy fair vader in mint condition and I don't need some dude making me pay him money to tell me that. It's a scam.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If I had packaged vintage figures I might spend the money. However, I don't think I would for the modern stuff unless I had something pretty rare, like an error or variant.

5. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    If I say had a rare item such as the bib fortuna figure with a white cape on a walrus man card which I saw at C3 then I would get it afa graded but apart from that I think it is a rip off myself you see it on ebay alot they put the price up on an item cause it is afa graded the way I look at it is if you look after your collection in the first place then you would not need to get it afa graded

6. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    My first figure (Luke Skywalker in Bespin Fatigues) is now 22 years old. Somewhere down the line he broke in two, probably because of an unfortunate encounter with er.... me. He spent some time in a bacta tank and a little super glue helped also. Now, the AFA grade of this figure will be less then zero, but the emotional grade is 100% 100 points! :D

7. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Ya but guys, If you want to sell them on ebay you can count on the cost at least doubling.Especially if its a high price figure in the first place.Just look up AFA on ebay to see what I mean. I have to say I am a BIG fan of AFA. I just love the professional look of the case and the grade sticker's. Just my two credits.

8. Jedijace007

Jedijace007 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2002
    If you're just looking to protect your investment, dont send AFA an unopened case.

Two words...

Star

Case

Put those figs in the 'protech' star case and save $

onward

9. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    I think grading is a waste of time too, it's worse in the card collecting arena.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.