main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Affections (Obi, Qui, AU)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Kenobis_Padawan, May 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kenobis_Padawan

Kenobis_Padawan Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2002
  2. Kenobis_Padawan

May 1, 2002
    mmmmmm. Where'd all my readers go.

-------------

Episode 2: Discovery and Deception

Juelan and her guardian walked in opposite directions. The dark figures didn?t even seem to notice them. She kept her footsteps light as she walked. Her eyes staying on Obi-Wan.

Ma-Hamn some how managed to sneak behind the rest of the dark figure who hadn?t ignited their lightsabers. They will soon. She thought to herself watching the battle before her.

Qui-Gon noticed that the Bassador and her guardian had walked back into the room. He thought that they had both lost their common sense. He pushed forward attacking the two figures that were against him.

Parry, block, swing. Every move the Jedi master made, made him more tired and took more strength. He couldn?t figure out why this was taking to much of his energy. He felt through the bond he shared with Obi-Wan and was surprised to find the boy full of energy and blocking every bolt that came near anyone.

Obi-Wan jumped and blocked bolts with every swing. He had already taken out one figure but still 5 remanded. He saw that his master was looking tired, but yet he was still fine as if they had just started fighting. He reached out to the force and gave his master some of his energy. Hoping that it would help the elder man.

Obi-Wan felt something hit his left shoulder. A blaster bolt had managed to graze his shoulder. He shut out the pain and continued to block and deflect bolts back in the direction they had come from, but his left arm was useless now. He saw Juelan behind the group and was surprised that she didn?t look scared.

The small distraction proved fatal as another bolt grazed Obi-Wan?s mid-section. He gave out a loud cry of pain as he fell to the floor.

Qui-Gon felt energy fill him again, but it was his Padawan?s energy. He sped up his attack, but more bad luck seemed to come his way.

Another two figures ignited their lightsabers and ran forward. Qui-Gon stumbled back. He knew he was in a lot of trouble now. That?s when he heard Obi-Wan give out a cry of pain. He spun around and saw his apprentice fall to the ground. ?Obi-Wan.? He called.

?Now.? Ma-Hamn called to Juelan and the two flipped over the dark figures. Ma-Hamn landed near Qui-Gon and Juelan landed near Obi-Wan. They both had lightsaber in hand ready to fight.

Ma-Hamn stood ready for the dark figures. As they came forward she swallowed hard. This wasn?t going to be easy. She spun and blocked every blow that came her way. She soon saw Qui-Gon standing next to her. Fighting side by side. It was a few minutes before the figures decided the wisest thing would be to retreat.

Juelan blocked bolt after bolt. She protected Obi-Wan as well as blocking any bolts that might hit the Jedi behind her. Finally a bolt hit the last figure straight in their chest and he fell to the floor dead.

Juelan quickly went to Obi-Wan and leant down next to him. ?Obi-Wan are you ok?? Her voice was worried and she knew she had a lot of explaining to do.

Ma-Hamn deactivated her lightsaber and placed it back onto her belt before looking towards the Jedi master who stood next to her.

?I guess there is some explaining to do.? Qui-Gon said to Ma-Hamn. He turned and saw Obi-Wan move slightly on the ground and ran up to him. ?Padawan. Can you hear me??

Obi-Wan groaned as his eyes went wide from some dizziness. ?I?ll be fine. Nothing that a bit of force healing can?t fix.? He said as he tried to get up.

3. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    so Jane and I were right, it was a lightsaber that Obi-Wan saw at her belt. So is this an undercover team?

4. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    Ah ha, so they were lightsabres, had me fooled. ;) So, are they Jedi? What are they doing there and who are the villans and what do they want? Yes, explanations are needed. :)

5. Kenobis_Padawan

May 1, 2002
    My readers came back.

YEAH

A post will be comnig shortly with your answers

6. Kenobis_Padawan

May 1, 2002
    next post
    --------------

Qui-Gon wrapped one arm around Obi-Wan?s shoulders and helped the boy walk back to their quarters with Juelan and Ma-Hamn following behind. No one spoke on the short walk back to the living area of the palace. No one wanted to. A lot needed to be explained and fast.

Qui-Gon used the force to open the door and helped his apprentice to an over stuffed chair inside. Then turned and motion for the two females to take a seat on the couch.

Ma-Hamn bowed then sat down with Juelan not far behind. The four sat in silence for a while before Qui-Gon broke it. ?Well. Would you like anything to drink?? He asked.

Obi-Wan closed his eyes and relaxed into the force. Letting it heal his injuries and clearing his mind. He could feel Juelan?s eyes on him. Along with his master?s. ?I?ll be fine.? He said a little irritated.

Ma-Hamn waved her hand slightly, ?No thankyou Master Qui-Gon.? She then turned to Obi-Wan and glanced at his wounds. The boy said he would be fine, but the graze near his ribs seemed awfully deep. She glanced at Qui-Gon. Giving him one of those he-won?t-be-fine-unless-we-do-something looks.

Qui-Gon sighed and went over to his apprentice. ?Padawan. Maybe you should go to bed. Rest will do you good.?

Obi-Wan flung open his eyes and glared at his master, but knew it point less to argue. ?Yes master.? He said before making an attempt to get up and failing painfully. He fell back into the chair with a cry of pain. The force wasn?t doing much to heal him.

Qui-Gon grimaced and decided it would be better if Obi-Wan stay in the chair. Qui-Gon walked to a cupboard and grabbed a blanket then lay it over Obi-Wan. He ruffled the boy?s hair then used the force to make the boy go to sleep. He turned to Ma-Hamn. ?Help me heal him and then you can explain everything.? His voice was strong.

Ma-Hamn kept cool gaze on the Jedi master as she rose and wrapped her dark purple cloak around her. ?Fine.? She snapped. She walked over to the side of Obi-Wan, moved the blanket away from his graze and placed her hands near it. Qui-Gon did the same and the both of them used the force to heal Obi-Wan.

Juelan sat there amazed at what the pair could do. Obi-Wan?s graze had almost completely healed within a few minutes. She glanced at his shoulder to find the graze that was here no longer existed.

Ma-Hamn sat back on her heels when she was satisfied then returned back to her spot next to Juelan.

Qui-Gon slowly pulled Obi-Wan out of the force sleep. He braced himself for what his apprentice was about to say.

Obi-Wan woke up out of the force sleep. He moved his head slightly before opening his eyes and glaring at his master. ?You know I hate it when you do that.? He snapped. ?I?ll get you back one day master.? He managed to say as a smile played across his lips.

Qui-Gon smiled. Last time he had done that. Obi-Wan didn?t talk to him for three weeks. He turned back to Ma-Hamn. ?Now Ma-Hamn, time for you to explain.? He said in his usual voice.

Ma-Hamn nodded and sighed. She glanced at Juelan quickly then began to speak. ?First of all my name is not Ma-Hamn and her name? she said indicating Juelan, ?is not Juelan. I am Jedi master Derane Hev. And this is my Padawan Lekay Ront.? She stopped for a few seconds.

Qui-Gon nodded while Obi-Wan tried to keep his cool about the situation.

Derane continued. ?Yoda is the only Jedi master who knows we are here. There were specific orders to let know one know about our mission except Yoda and the Jedi who would be assigned to the mission. We are to impersonate the Bassador and her guardian until another Jedi team finds out who has made a threat on the Bassador?s life. So while those people who attacked us think that my Padawan is the Bassador. Bassador Juelan is really on the other side of the galaxy. Safe and sound.?

Qui-Gon nodded. He understood the reasons for this, but he still couldn?t figure out why he hadn?t been told. ?Does the Jedi team who is investigating the threat know who you are??

Derane shook her head. ?Like I said. Only Yo

7. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    I keep going back to the comment the other Master made about Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan being such stuffy jedi. I must assume she feels that way about them personally, since she is also a jedi. She sure is cold enough towards them.

8. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    Yes, I noticed the other master doesn't seem too pleased with Qui-Gon. He doesn't seem to know her so perhaps her attitude is based on hearsay, or maybe she wonders what made his previous padawan turn and blames him for it. Well, now we know who they are and why they are here, but as Obi mentioned it looks like the bad guys now know too, or at least they know they are not the Bassador and her guardian. But, the question now is, why do they want the Bassador dead? Looking forward to more. :)

9. Kenobis_Padawan

May 1, 2002
    ok. I suppose I better go over this. It's just a bit of history.

The two master's grew up together. They were best friends but at the age of 12 hey had a HUGE fight and haven't spoken to each other since. That was until now. Derane has always had this hatred towards Qui-Gon since then and that's basicly why she called the Jedi stuffy or stuck up. She was refering to Qui-Gon.

If you ask why Qui-Gon didn't recognise her. It's because people change through time and so she grew older and her looks changed.

If any other things you would like me to answer just ask. I'm always happy to explain or answer.

10. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    any question answered :) Ok- when's the next post?

11. Kenobis_Padawan

May 1, 2002
    The next part finally. Sorry it's taken me so long.

*eyes the pile of homwork she still has to do.*

It can wait. Here you go. Enjoy.
    ----------

The four Jedi talked for a while before Obi-Wan spoke to his master. ?Master. May I please go for a walk? I need to think about a few things.?

Qui-Gon smiled and nodded. He knew that the palace would be safe for a little while. ?Of course you can Padawan.? He said in a friendly voice.

Lekay suddenly looked up at Obi-Wan. ?Master may I go with Padawan Kenobi. I have some thoughts I need to straighten and it would be safer if we stay together.?

Derane thought for a few seconds then looked to Qui-Gon who nodded in agreement. ?Yes Padawan you may. As long as you two stay together.? She said softly.

Obi-Wan groaned inwards. He wanted to be alone for a short time. When he usually said he wanted to think about a few things it was a sign that read. ?I want to be alone.? He glance at Qui-Gon giving his master a disagreeing look before heading out the door.

Lekay walked out after him. ?So where are we going.? She asked in a half happy voice.

Obi-Wan glanced at her. ?You can go where ever you want and I?ll go the opposite way.? He said glaring at her. He didn?t like people that deceived or lied to him.

Lekay was about to say ok when she realised what Obi-Wan had just said. ?Hey. Master told us to stay together. Or are you going to disobey a master?? She snapped at him.
    Obi-Wan rolled his eyes and started to walk towards the gardens. ?Yeesh. I know who you really are for a few minutes and your already bighting my head off. And don?t you have to wear your hood up.? Obi-Wan snapped back at her.

Lekay blushed slightly. She forgot she pulled back her hood. Quickly she pulled it over her face and just followed Obi-Wan to the lush green palace gardens.

Obi-Wan found a nice spot under a large tree with branches full of bright green leaves. He sat down on the soft grass and begun to meditate. Ignoring the fact that Lekay was still following him. He heard her sit down beside him and sighed. He knew meditation was out of the question with her next to him. ?You know. You had me convinced that you were the Bassador. You handled the situations well and didn?t give any suggestion to who you really are. Your master must be proud of you.?

Lekay sat there silent for a few seconds. Stunned at what Obi-Wan had just said. She didn?t think he was the type to give others complements. ?Thankyou. I must admit I am not as good as the real Bassador. And what about you. When the argument between the two royals broke out you handled it extremely well.?

Obi-Wan smiled. The two began to start talking about things. Lekay told Obi-Wan what she had to go through to be the Bassador and Obi-Wan told her of some of his previous missions.

Qui-Gon watched Obi-Wan and Lekay leave the room. Once they had left and shut the door he stood up and went to the small kitchen then returned with two glasses of muji juice. ?It?s been a while since we last talked.? He said quietly.

Derane shook her head. ?I see you?ve put the past behind you Qui-Gon.? Her strong voice made Qui-Gon get a cold chill down his spine.

?So should have you or are you still holding a grudge against me?? Qui-Gon sat down again. A small smile was on his face.

Derane didn?t like where this was going. ?I don?t hold grudges against fellow Jedi.? She said more coldly this time. ?I see you have taken a new Padawan.? She said trying to change the subject.

Qui-Gon nodded. ?I didn?t want to take another after Xanatos, but the force brang Obi-Wan into my life. Along with the help of a certain little green troll. I was reluctant to train him at first, but now I see it was always meant to be and I couldn?t be happier. I also see you have a new Padawan.?

Derane grunted. ?Yes. If you call a Padawan of 15 new.?

Qui-Gon leaned forward resting him arms on his knees. ?How did you two meet?? He asked just out of curiosity.

Derane was thankful that she had managed to change the topic. ?I met her on a mission. She

12. Kenobis_Padawan

May 1, 2002
    mmmm I've lost my readers.

13. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    No- still here...waiting

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.