Chic, IL AFI Lifetime Achievement Awards - George Lucas

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by JediGeek, Jun 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediGeek Jedi Master

star 2
    If anyone is interested, it looks as if the USA network is going to be airing the "2005 AFI Lifetime Achievement Awards - A Tribute to George Lucas" starting this Monday, June 20th. The dates/time slots are as follows (Central time):

MON June 20: 8:00 PM
    MON June 20: 10:00 PM
    SAT June 25: 1:00 AM
    SUN June 26: 8:00 AM

Here is the link for more information:
    http://www.usanetwork.com/specials/georgelucas/#
  2. ohblee Jedi Knight

star 1
    And, William Shatner with a chorus line of Stormtroopers sings George a song! That is definitely worth watching.
  3. darthgoat Jedi Master

star 4
    SHATNER FOR GOD!!!!!
  4. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    Shatner is GOD.....and needs a starship.

Bosh
  5. DarthAstuart Jedi Master

star 4
    he also needs his pain.
  6. JediGeek Jedi Master

star 2
    Bumping....Just as a reminder, in case anyone is interested.
  7. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    I saw the promo for this at work today. I will tune into it tonight, so long as it isn't too boring. :)
  8. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    This is me on the far right leading the way out, with another San Diego Fanforce member (Tom) behind me as Shatner's Footman. LOL

[image=http://www.theforce.net/holonet/newspics/afi-shatner.jpg]

It'll re-air on Saturday at 2 AM and Sunday at 9 AM for those of you who missed it.

I got shown twice without my helmet on.. I totally was NOT expecting that. Maroon 5 had their dressing room right next to ours and we ended up doing a lot of our rehearsal the last day in front of their dressing room. We rehearsed from 9 - 6 on Tuesday June 7th (with an hour or so off for lunch), Bill Shatner arrived around 2pm to rehearse with us. He loved the idea of the troopers picking him up and was great to work with. Then on Wednesday we got to the theatre around 1:30 to rehearse some more prior to dress rehearsal but we were waved off. George Lucas was there and we were supposed to be a surprise for George, so we had to go hang out at the Hamburger Hamlet across the street until we got the "All clear" to go over to the Kodak theatre to rehearse, then we had dress rehearsal later that evening, where I took most of the photographs. Then we returned on Thursday for more rehearsals, and at 7:45 were headed over to the stage, and at 8:15 we were doing the opening number with Shatner. It is too bad you guys didn't get to see the WHOLE dance number.. it was great. :D

Here are the photos from the rehearsal.. oh, and Mark Hamill stood back stage talking to us for a good 20 minutes and he signed my armor!

http://public.fotki.com/MaraJade/afi/
  9. DarthAstuart Jedi Master

star 4
    once, when I was like ten, i was on the bozo show.
  10. Hazmatt Jedi Master

star 4
    I thought it was every morning, in front of the bathroom mirror?
  11. DarthAstuart Jedi Master

star 4
    that's...a different show. mature audiences only.
  12. JediGeek Jedi Master

star 2
    Those are some awesome pictures MJF!! You guys must have had an incredible time!! Thanks so much for sharing!
  13. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    WOW! That's impressive! I've never seen anyone spam a message about themeselves in so many FF boards at once. SWEET! Do you actually type that out 20x or did you cut n' paste? Be honest now.

Bosh
    "Oh me!"
  14. DarthJurist Admin Emeritus

star 5
    And thank you Mr. CR/former president, for gifting us with your usual rays of sunshine. We're so pleasant and welcoming around here, sometimes I have to resist the urge to slap the lot of ya.

Anywho, looks like you had fun MJF, glad things are going well for you. :)

~H~
    ?Welcome to Chicago. Now @#@# off.?
  15. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Nah, I only posted it in the few FF chapters who had a thread going on about it. I only started a thread on the San Diego Fanforce board, and the Idaho Falls board (by request of a good friend there), the rest were existing threads. I am surprised that a lot of people didn't even know about it. Its a good thing that the USA network tends to repeat its shows over and over.

Thanks Heather, I hope to get out to Chicago one day for real. I was hoping that CIII would have been held there instead of INDY so I could have had an excuse for flying out there. Two of my club members get to Chicago from time to time though.
  16. Mos_Eisleian_Radio FanForce CR Secretary Chicago IL US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Thanks for the photos, Linda. I remember you back when Jedi Talk was alive and kicking. Someday I will make it out to San Diego Comic-Con, but not this year.

Phil
  17. Bosh_Talk Jedi Master

star 4
    Ahh, well, I guess when you put it that way, it no longer looks like unsolicited braggadocio. I was most likely wrong in my first assumption. Besides I promised DarthJurist I'd be nice to people.

Bosh
    "I saw that guy who plays Boba Fett talk at a convention once."
  18. DarthAstuart Jedi Master

star 4
    You wanna know how you do it? Here's how, they pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. That's the Chicago way.
  19. MusicTrooper Force Ghost

star 4
    Linda,

much thanks for the post on your AFI activity.

Ed

self-aggrandizement is ok with me when it's about Star Wars,

"say it loud say it proud"

there can never be enough excitement about Star Wars.

Ed
  20. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Thanks Ed. We are hoping to do the dance number at Comic Con this year and get Mark Hamill to do the Shatner role, of course with changes to the script. Mark loved the dance routine so we figured there is no harm in asking him, besides, he'd be a LOT easier to lift than Shatner. ;)
  21. Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Hush now, I"ll have no Shatner bashing.
  22. DarthAstuart Jedi Master

star 4
    me neither.

although i do wonder if it was shatner's girth or ginormous (and well-deserved) ego that made him so difficult to lift.

like i said, i was on bozo once.
  23. Schph_Gochi Jedi Master

star 4
    I was on "Chic-a-go-go" (Chicago Public Access) dancing with Lionel...we were both in Jedi costumes....I guess that doesn't count for much...
    [face_laugh]
  24. DarthAstuart Jedi Master

star 4
    hey, that makes THREE people (phyllis, lionel, and my brother in law) who I know that were on Chic-A-Go-Go! sweet. :)

i am slightly disappointed no one has yet bit on my bozo admission. my grandma had to put in for tickets when i was born. it took like eight years to get in.
  25. Hazmatt Jedi Master

star 4
    After the tragedy involving Dave's father, we try to avoid the mention of clowns. Have some tact, dude.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.