main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Joaquin, CA AFI Recognizes Most Memorable Film Score

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Tater_Vader, Sep 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Tater_Vader

Darth_Tater_Vader Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    It seems John Williams was finally honored for some of his work..

Check this out

2. The-Bald-Wookiee

The-Bald-Wookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    I wouldn't say finally honored, he's won Oscar's for most of his big Lucas/Spielberg stuff, and been nominated for all the others, plus who knows how many Golden Globes, Grammys, etc.

Okay, I had to go look, 'cause I wuz curious:

5 Oscars; 5 Saturns (Science Fiction Awards) Plus their Lifetime Acheivement Award; 6 BAFTAs (British Oscars); 12! BMIs (Film & T.V. music award); 2 Emmys, 3 Golden Globes; 9! Grammys; and a handful of sundry others...

Good grief, I had no idea it was gonna be quite so long, he's got to have one very shiny shelf in his home.

It was cool to see him there at the top (I would've given it for Raiders myself, but that's just me). I'm also glad to see Jerry Goldsmith, Bernard Herrman, and Elmer Bernstein in the top ten, but I think Ennio Morricone should have been up a little higher. Come on, The Good , the Bad, and the Ugly, how can that not be considered a classic?... Unless it was just for American movies, then I can see how it wouldn't be there. There's some seriously cool music on that list, movie scores are my favorite musical whatchthingy, if you hadn't already guessed. :cool:

3. Darth_Tater_Vader

Darth_Tater_Vader Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    Meant finally honored by the AFI of course. ;)

4. The-Bald-Wookiee

The-Bald-Wookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    Oh. Yeah, that too. 'Cause he's awful good.

5. xdarthsmithiousx

xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Youngling star 3

May 18, 2005
    I think it would be a lot cooler if the band AFI honored John Williams. It would leave a thousand Goth kids speechless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.