main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq AFI Tribute to George Lucas

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by skyra, Jun 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skyra

skyra Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 9, 2001
    USA Network is showing this event tomorrow evening from 7PM to 9PM. I saw the ads yesterday and they showed a brief second shot of dancing stormtroopers and William Shatner being carried off the stage also by stormtroopers. They showed Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher in attendance, as well as our favorite Wookiee Chewbacca. I did not see anyone from the prequels, but that doesn't mean they weren't there.

2. TheResidentEvil

TheResidentEvil Jedi Knight star 1

May 16, 2005
    hmm, maybe i'll tivo it.

3. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    This is me on the far right leading the way out, with another San Diego Fanforce member (Tom) behind me as Shatner's Footman. LOL

[image=http://www.theforce.net/holonet/newspics/afi-shatner.jpg]

It'll re-air on Saturday at 2 AM and Sunday at 9 AM for those of you who missed it.

I got shown twice without my helmet on.. I totally was NOT expecting that. Maroon 5 had their dressing room right next to ours and we ended up doing a lot of our rehearsal the last day in front of their dressing room. We rehearsed from 9 - 6 on Tuesday June 7th (with an hour or so off for lunch), Bill Shatner arrived around 2pm to rehearse with us. He loved the idea of the troopers picking him up and was great to work with. Then on Wednesday we got to the theatre around 1:30 to rehearse some more prior to dress rehearsal but we were waved off. George Lucas was there and we were supposed to be a surprise for George, so we had to go hang out at the Hamburger Hamlet across the street until we got the "All clear" to go over to the Kodak theatre to rehearse, then we had dress rehearsal later that evening, where I took most of the photographs. Then we returned on Thursday for more rehearsals, and at 7:45 were headed over to the stage, and at 8:15 we were doing the opening number with Shatner. It is too bad you guys didn't get to see the WHOLE dance number.. it was great. :D

Here are the photos from the rehearsal.. oh, and Mark Hamill stood back stage talking to us for a good 20 minutes and he signed my armor!

http://public.fotki.com/MaraJade/afi/

4. skyra

skyra Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 9, 2001
    Wow! Mara you are one lucky lady! If it's okay with you, I've decided to leave Albuquerque and come to San Diego, so I can follow you around. :D Just kidding of course!

I watched it last night and thought the bit with the stormtroopers was so LOL funny. I'll watch it again so I can look for you.

5. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Or you can just move and follow me around. LOL I think Bob might get mad at me then though for stealing his members. LOL

6. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    that is too cool! when we were watching it last night Lor mentioned that the person on the far right was a woman and I said I wonder if its MJF. Lol! too funny! I bet it was a blast

7. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Yes, the person on the far right was a woman, Colleen Crosby, I was next to her.. there were three female troopers in the dance number.

If you think of it this way L5 L4 L3 L2 L1 Shatner R1 R2 R3 R4 R5 I was R4. (L4, and R5 were also women - not bad huh? )

Yes, that is me in the opening with my bucket off, and one of the members of Maroon 5 taps my armor, you then see me in the hallway again with Maroon 5 after Peter Jackson speaks.

8. Redgek

Redgek Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 1999
    Speaking of Peter Jackson, where the hell did the rest of him go? Did he stop eating altogether?

9. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
    Yeah he looks like Jarrod from Subway

10. Redgek

Sep 26, 1999
    He's probably dating Lindsey Lohan already.

11. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
    That girl needs to eat a Big Mac

12. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Did you notice anything up above the stage? :D [face_devil]

13. obi_dave_kenobi

obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    Big Mac. Dude she needs a Double Quarter Pounder Meal, Supersized!

14. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    I didn't watch it, but heard about it, and ZOO, it's STILL not "YOURS"! [face_laugh]

15. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    But my name is on it [face_devil] :D [face_mischief]

16. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Yes, I noticed it Zoo. I think YOUR X-Wing is stalking me... it followed me all the way to Comic Con, showed up at Skywalker Ranch on May 6th, and then at the AFI event in Hollywood.... AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

*Contemplates filing a restraining order against the X-Wing* ;)

17. SithLordAaron

SithLordAaron Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    Hey Redgek, lets grab Peter Jackson and Gwen Stefani and go hang ten!

18. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Linda...I thought that was you!!!! You're quite the celebrity now!!!

The trooper part was great..you were all so coordinated - although it seemed Mr. Shatner had a bit of trouble synching up on the leg kicks. So did you get to see Harrison or Carrie up close?

M

19. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Yes, I have seen Carrie up close twice already however. At Celebration II, she literally ran into me. I am a good 7 inches taller than she is and she had these flip-flops on and was looking down and ran right into me. She looked up at me and I thought, "OMG, its Carrie Fisher" yet I was the one to apologize even though she had plowed into me. LOL Harrison sure looked good for a 63 year old man. He sure enjoyed the dance number. He was laughing so hard he nearly fell out of his chair. There was a lot more to it than what you guys saw.

20. Jaina Byrd

Jaina Byrd Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 1999
    I AM FANGIRL FREAKING OUT SO BAD THAT YOU GOT TO HANG OUT WITH MARK HAMILL.

DEAR. SWEET. LORD. Is there any possibility you can bring this piece of signed armor with you next time you come to NM? :D ;)

21. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    LOL.. Yes I can bring it. Mark looked REALLY good that night. We were all so impressed that he spent a good 20 minutes or more after his speach, during the middle of the show, to talk to US FANS! He talked about how our armor was so much better than the stuff he wore in the movies. That the lenses were just clear green plastic on the inside, and that they were really flimsy and if you dropped them they would break etc. We want to reprise our dance number at Comic Con and are hoping that Mark will take the Shatner role with us with changes to the script of course.

22. Redgek

Sep 26, 1999
    That's gonna look gross when she throws it up 5 minutes later...

23. Jaina Byrd

Jaina Byrd Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 1999
    OHMYGOD, I would absolutely die. DIE! To have him reminisce, right there- WITH YOU! Because he knew you knew what he was talking about, and him talking about being ON SET, to that small group of fans. I am so unbelievably jealous, and happy for you. :D

And if Mark took the Shatner role, I'd be there. Tell me how much the tickets cost for the con, and I'll be out there to watch it!

24. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    There are worse things to be stalked by ;) [face_devil]

25. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    It definitely looked as is Harrison was about to bust a gut watching you guys....what a trip!!!!!!! Linda - you have to write a book or something!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.