main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST After 7...

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by GoJohnnyGo, Dec 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoJohnnyGo

GoJohnnyGo Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 19, 2012
    I guess without even seeing Episode 7, specifically the new actors and their relationships to the big 3, it may be to early to ask this question...

But is anyone concerned that after Episode 7 is over and all the excitement of the Big 3's return has passed and (as we are assuming) when the Big 3 are gone from Star Wars forever that episodes 8, 9 and beyond will feel completely foreign and not like Star Wars.There will not be the familiarity of Obi Wan or Vader/Anakin as we had in the PT to keep the connection.

Episodes 8 + look to have both a completely new cast and characters... What if the audience does not make a connection with Finn and Rey, what if Kylo is simply a poor man's Vader with a cheesy light-Saber?

For the record, I am optimistic that Daniels is right and Episode 7 will have the same type of magic as Empire, but I feel that will mostly have to do with the return of the big 3.... Beyond that, I am beginning to wonder...

2. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    Is it confirmed that Luke, Han and Leia's will all be out after 7? For some reason I can see Luke hanging around longer.

3. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    A cheesesaber - I like it

4. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    Yes, they are very Gouda.

yogacat, cdgodin, Cyreides and 6 others like this.
  5. mratm23

mratm23 Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2014

No. Some rumors say Han dies, some say 8 and 9 focus on Leia and Luke. Rumors are all over the place these days so nothing is certain.

6. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    Ok
    Ok, I was just wondering. I think Luke will end up passing the torch at some point in Episode 8 to Boyega or Ridley. Luke and Leia will be in the movies but more in the background, and I don't think Han is making it out of 7 possibly 8. After positioning the new characters, I think fans will start to relate and like the new characters.

7. SkywalkerOG

SkywalkerOG Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 19, 2014
    The music..

cdgodin, TKT and DaddlerTheDalek like this.
  8. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    After 7 comes 8 and after 8 comes 9.:D:p

cdgodin, TKT, DaddlerTheDalek and 2 others like this.
  9. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    I love me some After 7. 80's and 90's R and B is where it's at.

10. danmcken

danmcken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 7, 2003
    Im waiting till after 8

TheBBP likes this.
  11. LionHeartV1

LionHeartV1 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 27, 2014
    Why would none of the big 3 not be apart of 8 or 9. Luke not being a part of it in any capacity would be extremely head scratching to me. He's to important of a character to not have any type of role. It wouldn't have to be a main role but just because they are older now doesn't mean they shouldn't be apart of it. Star Wars has always had Older actors in the sagas. Its part of the series.

TKT and burg2774 like this.
  12. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Why was ROTJ afraid of TFA?

Because TFA 8 9.

Jcuk, Force Smuggler, Seagoat and 8 others like this.
  13. Luke the Oneironaut

Luke the Oneironaut Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 2, 2014
    Cutting the big 3 out of the trilogy just for the sake of it would be silly, and poor writing. The biggest headscratcher for me is when people assume Chewbacca will join Han in a retirement home or gets killed off along with him. His muscle is always needed.

It'll be as natural as Saved By the Bell: the New Somethingorother, or the New Beverly Hills 90210. OK bad examples.

14. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    Or,

[​IMG]

15. Pondscum

Pondscum Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 10, 2014
    Personally I felt the teaser trailer put rest to these concerns. No recognizable characters and yet it felt like it was enough. The idea that all those other guys are coming back too feels like an added bonus.

I think it'll be a while before the series is free of familiar faces though. They'll drop off, but not immediately after this film. Chewbacca could be around for decades still. 3-PO and R2 could be around forever. But by the time these characters all drop away, we should feel that Rey, Finn et al are as connected to the events of the other films as Obi Wan and Anakin are in the PT.

16. burg2774

burg2774 Jedi Master star 1

Sep 1, 2008
    Yes, absolutely. If there is no established Jedi Order, or even just a few padawans around in the TFA, Luke still essentially needs to pass on what he has learned. There certainly is a place for the older cast going forward story wise in my opinion.

Force Smuggler and TKT like this.
  17. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    I am not even going to worry, as Pondscum mentioned the teaser trailer made the new heroes very compelling. Perhaps I will answer this again AFTER seeing Episode VII. :p

TKT likes this.
  18. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    Exactly. If you look at the Saga in order, we catch up with characters familiar from the PT in the OT and those characters stories are concluded, while new ones are introduced. In the ST we'll catch up with the OT characters, and see how they end up and things will continue forward. ;)

Hopefully, Chewie and the Droids will remain constant throughout.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  19. Pondscum

Pondscum Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 10, 2014
    If anyone is worried, just remember Han Solo. Chronologically, he comes out of nowhere and has no precedent for getting involved in the events that the PT set in motion. But by TFA he's vital, he's a huge and important figure. No one would question that. Hopefully we'll feel that way about some of the new characters eventually, particularly the ones who aren't related to previous characters.

Yanksfan likes this.
  20. run_luke_run

run_luke_run Force Ghost star 4

Feb 18, 2004
    First of all, I thoroughly enjoy the PT and what it offered us. That said, the excitement of the ST for me is even greater, simply because for the most part we all knew exactly how the PT was going to end. There were very few surprises, aside from new characters like Mace and General G.; but we all knew exactly what the fate of the main characters would be from day 1. The fun was simply seeing how it all unfolded.

In this case, we are all flying blind and no one outside of the production really knows exactly where we are headed. Which is exactly why the OT was so much fin the first time around.

21. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I'm looking forward to getting to know new characters but I also fully expect some familiar faces to stick around post 7.

plaidphoenix likes this.
  22. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I'd be dissapointed if the Big 3 were not in VIII and IX...but I'm pretty sure they will be. I don't think we have to worry.

Force Smuggler and TKT like this.
  23. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    If we needed to kill off a character, why not have it be Chewbacca? He really doesn't need to comeback for another film.

dekaneas likes this.
  24. run_luke_run

run_luke_run Force Ghost star 4

Feb 18, 2004
    That's racist.

TKT and danmcken like this.
  25. Sum-Wan

Sum-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2013
    I think the new Star Wars movies will be successful even if the Skywalker lineage ends. That's why some of us want to see movies based in the old republic era..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.