After Clone Wars: A New Young Indy CGI Series?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Narutakikun, Dec 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Narutakikun Force Ghost

star 4
    Hard to know whether to put this in the "Television" section or the "Indy" section...

So those of you fortunate enough to have watched the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles series when it aired on TV will remember that it eventually went off the air essentially not because people weren't watching it, but because the production values on it were so stupendously high - every episode really did feel like a miniature Indiana Jones movie - that it was simply too expensive to keep producing.

You know what obviates that problem? The magic of CGI, as we see in the Clone Wars. With the kind of technology they're using there, anything can be created, and made to look good, within a very reasonable budget.

So how about this for an idea: After The Clone Wars inevitably ends someday, what about DisHasbMarHensoncasfilm producing an all-new Young Indiana Jones Chronicles series as CGI, half-hour episodes? They've got the tech, they've got the talent - what about making this happen?
    Last edited by Narutakikun, Dec 10, 2012
  2. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Force Ghost

star 4
    I could see such a series happening. Having an Indy show in CGI being all in the spirit of Raiders.
    I mean the show series could follow Indy on many adventures connected to many historic and mythic artifacts.

And TCW animation would be great. But not in the "Anakin's character model" style would be horrible... maybe more in the way the have done the characters in S5.
  3. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6
    Agreed with the above -- I can definitely see this happening. And it definitely has the potential to be awesome.:D

And er... yeah, no TCW Season-One-style characters. We are so beyond 2008.[face_not_talking]:p
  4. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Force Ghost

star 4
    And Detours has proven that Harrison Ford can look great in CGI animation. Maybe they can get even the same actor to voice INDY in such a show.
  5. LawJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    I kinda feel like Indy should be old school tech: 2D animation. Nothing against CG animation, but I associate Indy with old school. Do what Dini and Timm wanted to do, and make it in the vein of Batman the Animated Series and Fleischer Superman serials. Make it as divergent from TCW as possible, to show the range of talent and creativity.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.