main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

After Effect.

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by DarkKnight957, Apr 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkKnight957

DarkKnight957 Jedi Youngling

Feb 7, 2004
    i was wondering if there is any onther cool starwars/matrix or any kind of effect any one else could maybe give me guide on. i wanna start learning to use this so any thing would work. ^_^ thanks

2. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    Try google, Creative Cow, and this site.

3. djr33

djr33 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    Æ

^^^completely unhelpful and OT... (then again, you can look at this as a friendly bump so someone may have another response ;))

4. JediMattster1

JediMattster1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2004
    Alright Darkknight, you've got the sabers, so other options are force lightning, dismemberment, contact flashes, blasters take your pick... Unless you have something else in mind as far as guidance for an effect...

5. rogue_09

rogue_09 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2003
    Well, I'd recommend the manual to learn the basics.

If you're interested in some really good reading that will teach you a lot about AE (or Æ) is Creating Motion Graphics Using After Effects by Chris and Trish Meyer. It's an excellent resource for learning all the basic functions of AE by using them in practical applications.

6. MaskedShuuyu

MaskedShuuyu Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2004
    If you're interested in some really good reading that will teach you a lot about AE (or Æ) is Creating Motion Graphics Using After Effects by Chris and Trish Meyer. It's an excellent resource for learning all the basic functions of AE by using them in practical applications.

Is that online or is it a book?

7. Tech_Krill

Tech_Krill Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2004
    Or you can do what I did, read through Ryan W's lightsaber tutorials for AE and just apply those concepts to other ideas.

Then play with the program a bunch...that's how I learned AE... I hate reading manuals...

*has a bonfire with his manual*

8. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    I hate reading manuals...

Reading* manuals is fun!!!!!

(*assuming reading=looking at the pictures)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.