main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

After Ep 3 George Lucas should be working on

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by jp-30, Sep 1, 2004.

?

After Ep 3 George Lucas should be working on

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. New Star Wars (movies / TV / Animation etc)

41.3%
  2. Tinkering with existing Star Wars

6.3%
  3. New Indiana Jones

19.7%
  4. Developing existing non-SW properties (THX-1138)

2.4%
  5. Tinkering with old non-SW properties (American Graffiti)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Somethink totally new

28.4%
  7. Other (please specify)

1.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    ... giving us the original Original Trilogy on DVD.

2. DJ_RMC

DJ_RMC Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 30, 2005
    I would like to see him do something new. I have faith in him that he could make a good movie that does not deal with sci-fi at all.

3. Jedi_Ford_Prefect

Jedi_Ford_Prefect Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2003
    I'd like to see Lucas go back to his THX-1138 roots. Perhaps seeing him do a film based on somebody else's work would be freeing. Call me crazy, but I'd love it if he did The Illuminatus! Trilogy.

4. master_organa

master_organa Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 5, 2004
    Something new.

5. masterjedi343

masterjedi343 Jedi Master star 5

Jan 26, 2005
    hello everyone i am from the jedi council fourms and a padawan in training and im hoping that i may find recruits(i need 5) if ur interested you can go here. may the force be with you i have only 48 hrs

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=15638311&start=18265373

6. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    I heard somewhere that he might do historical films. That would be interesting to see.

7. malducin

Oct 23, 2001
    Well he has mentioned that before. Young Indy was an attempt to have a sorta historical TV show. An he tried to develop Red Tails for years and years as well.

8. Han_Solo_Fan_03

Han_Solo_Fan_03 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2005
    George Lucas should put all his concentration on making Indy 4 to be the best movie it can be. After Indy 4, I'd like to see him do something new.

9. DARTHMORDOR

DARTHMORDOR Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    as much as I would like the new indy movie I would rather see him take on a new project. he has been talking a lot about doing something in the vain of thx 1138. so I would like him to make mor avent garde films. make people think again. more then just entertainment

10. malducin

Oct 23, 2001
    Problem is people now don't want or like to think :p

Yeah get cracking on Indy and make Red Tails

11. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    In the latest interview with Lucas in Wired, he mentions more about future TV projects he's developing.

One is about the media.

The other is about slavery(which he's mentioned before on Charlie Rose).

The interesting things about these projects too is that he said both would be controversial, perhaps too controversial, and that one would take place in a present-day setting while the other would be a futuristic one.

Now, he didn't specifically say which one was present day and futuristic, but let me speculate.

I think it's likely the futuristic one will be about slavery and AI.

That's just a guess, but it seems to fit a little more than the media one being in the future and slavery in the present day(although slavery exists today).

12. Darth_Patton00

Darth_Patton00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2005
    MORE STAR WARS!!!!!!!!!! although I know he won't do that. (well there is the planned tv series' but he's not directing those)

And a new Indiana Jones would be nice. They are doing that right? But who will play Indy?

13. Ben_Skywalker

Ben_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 20, 2001
    yeah, honestly, being a hardcore starwars fan, I'd love Lucas going back to do 3 more starwars movies after a few years. i know its kinda selfish but whatever. It'd be awesome to see Episodes VII - IX.

but right after ROTS, Indy sounds good.

14. jedimasterkyle1

jedimasterkyle1 Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2005
    George Lucas is my hero!

15. LordSilvertouch

LordSilvertouch Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2003
    Well i would hope he would learn from his mistakes and so NEVER make VII to IX.

I'd like him to finish Indy IV (while it's in the process, may as well get it out the way), then settle back and produce films for up and coming directors. It seems like it's the sort of thing he'd do... give talented, luckless directors a chance.

16. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    Maybe a small movie. Nothing really big but it should also not be really small. But just small enough.

17. generalgreivous4

generalgreivous4 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2005
    I would like to see Mr lucas work on the next Indy movie to be honest...through that would be Speilberg, as he is the one directing...ok, well then he should work on future Star Wars projects, for example, the TV Series.

18. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    Personaly, I'm excited about the confirmed StarWArs TV series :)

19. JediSara

JediSara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2004
    More SW! :D

20. Jedi_Aero-Stone

Jedi_Aero-Stone Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2005
    I wanna see a Star Wars TV series! This should have been done by now. Do it with actors, do it animated, just make it a TV series, and OMIT Ewoks or keep them to minimum at all costs..and hire Mark Hamil!

And please forgive, but I am as anal about sfx as Mr Lucas...I'd like to see a "tad" more tinkering with the Original Trilogy. SORRY! [face_worried]

THEN..after all THAT..I wouldnt mind an Indy flick...but I think it should be where Ford is now the father, discovers a son he never knew and play it like that. I think he's too old to be the MAIN action star, and I have no interest in seeing him with Calista Stickfigure..'er...Flockhart.

21. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    This man has an incredible imagination, a clear vision, and is a true story teller. I'm interested in what he has to tell.

I love Star Wars, THX 1138 and Indiana Jones. The DVDs are already sitting on my shelf, what I look forward to is something new from this man. A new type of film, a different story. It is high time he go out and explore a new type of story. Something just as fantastic as his other projects and equally brilliant.

-Seldon

22. Lord_Titan

Lord_Titan Jedi Youngling

Feb 28, 2005
    I think George should work on another StarWars project that would show the events of the jedi/sith war.

23. XackAttack

XackAttack Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2001
    Definately the man in the hat, Indiana. I love that series with a passion, omg, hell yes.

24. Sith_Lord_Linkoping

Sith_Lord_Linkoping Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 19, 2001
    He should leave Star Wars as it is and work on something totally new.

25. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    I'm not going to vote since I can't decide between Indy 4 or the Star Wars TV series.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.