main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

After EpIII, do you believe Countinuy (sp) problems should be fixed?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by ILLUMINATUS_JEDI, Feb 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ILLUMINATUS_JEDI

ILLUMINATUS_JEDI Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Anything that clash with the flims, etc.
    So the flims say one thing and the books then say the same.

Do you get what I'm saying?

2. barnsthefatjedi

barnsthefatjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 17, 2001
    Yes, any EU which contradicts the movies should get a big fat infinities label on it. Problem solved.

3. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Dan Wallace the EU continiuty guru doesn't believe the infinities label will be used that way, he has said that continuity fixes can and will be aplied.

4. Elite_Guard

Elite_Guard Jedi Master star 2

Oct 7, 2001
    just as long as no already published material is edited or re-labled cause then wed have a huge mess!!!!

5. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Yes. Fixes will be applied.

LFL are aware of the Alien 3 fiasco that Fox caused in 1992, they will not commit an error of that magnitude.

Everything will be fixed, by hook or by crook.

Jedi Ben

6. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

LFL are aware of the Alien 3 fiasco that Fox caused in 1992, they will not commit an error of that magnitude.

Thanks. I had all but forgotten this.

7. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    To be accurate...I assume LFL remember Fox's gigantic screw-up but I could be wrong.

Jedi Ben

8. ILLUMINATUS_JEDI

Nov 29, 2001
    So, they confirmed they would correct all books after EpIII?

And what's this Fox Screw up and/or Alien 3 Thingy?

9. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    The film Aliens came out in 1986. Alien 3 came out around 1992. In the intervening years between the two films DHC published a number of comics series chronicling further Aliens adventures, some directly continuing the story Aliens told.

Then Alien 3 came out, totally nixed DHC's stories, irked the fans who'd bought the stories and sent DHC into manic fix mode as they altered their stories to fit, having to republish in some instances.

There is no way LFL will do allow something like this to happen with the Prequels, there'll be minor quibbles but there'll be fixed, either by the fans or by LFL.

I'm just hoping LFL are actually bearing Fox's error in mind in how they handle the Prequels.

Jedi Ben

10. ILLUMINATUS_JEDI

Nov 29, 2001
    Okey Dokey, Thanks!

Although it will mean re-buying all my SW Books.

11. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Eh?

Jedi Ben

12. exar-tull

exar-tull Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 22, 2001
    rebuying all my star wars books is a scary thought. [face_plain]

13. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

Then Alien 3 came out, totally nixed DHC's stories, irked the fans who'd bought the stories and sent DHC into manic fix mode as they altered their stories to fit, having to republish in some instances.

This had a lot to do with why I hated Alien 3 so damn much. I have ALL of those comics. Plus I thought it was completely adbsurd that they killed of three very interesting characters- including Newt, one of the first child sidekicks that I didn't want to see flayed alive Hellraiser-style.

I wonder what Alien 5 will be about. I know it takes place on Earth, but that's it.

14. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    Well,I betcha trhere will be barns in the movies.

15. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    I say "all films of George Lucas are infinities"

16. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    Well... I'm pretty much *the* authority on 'Aliens'. :)
    I kid you not -- check out http://alienencyclopedia.homestead.com/home.html -- my website. :)

Yeah, FOX kinda ignored DHC's comics, but DHC came back and fixed it, by republishing all the comics, and issuing out a dozen or so "novelizations" (like.. written books) of the various comic arcs that were affected. The continuity still has some flaws, but they're negligible.

17. BobaFetts_Clone

BobaFetts_Clone Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2001
    since you ar *the* authority.....what about the post above saying there's going to be an aliens 5, is it true

yeah, kinda off subject

18. Syntax

Aug 1, 2001
    Well.. there's dozens of rumours, and *nothing* confirmed. Latest stuff is, Ridley Scott (director of 'Alien') wants to make an 'Alien5'. A theoretical script for Alien5 has been around for like.. 2 years (Sigourney Weaver has referenced its existance multiple times), and Scott may scoop it up. No actual *facts*, yet.

19. SithSpit777

SithSpit777 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 3, 2001
    *chants mindlessly*

but there are no continuity errors...

everythings perrrfeeeccct.....

...ack..ah..ahem, sorry.

Just reliving the last time I tried to point out continuity errors on these boards.

But yeah, I do agree with going back and slapping an infinities logo on stuff that breaks with continuity.

Seriously, I think it would be kinda neat if they put the infinities stuff into 2 different separate universes, each with its own continuity, and then have thre regular sw universe as separate from those 2. This way, each universe gets its own separate flavor, and would make stuff rather enjoyable.

20. Syntax

Aug 1, 2001
    Eh, a lot of fans tried to do that with the Aliens universe, but they ran into some problems. It eventually turned into fans totally disregarding the 200-odd comics, 15 novels, and 10 or so games that'd come out, and everyone was becoming a Purist (or, rather, Mystery Men, as I term them). For all intents and purposes, the EU didn't exist. If LFL split the EU and the films, you'd split the fanbase, have lots of fights, and eventually the EU would drift off, because EU fans would realize that all their favorite characters and such don't exist within GL's universe, and they shouldn't care about them.
    However, with the Aliens universe, I popped out of nowhere and spent lots of time compiling data, to find links and fixes for the continuity errors. Now, we've still got some Mystery Men in the Aliens community, but they're outnumbered by the Stonecutters (my group, those that accept the EU). Of course, to join in the debates, check out the AvP Forums. I'm "Xenomrph".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.