main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

After Episode 3 we need a whole book on Darth Sidious (Palpatine)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Darth_Nemesis, Jul 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Nemesis

Darth_Nemesis Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2001
    I think it would be great, to learn his past and how he became a Sith lord as well as who taught him. I'd also like to see where he was born as well as how he got into politics. Basically the book could over shadow from when he was born to when he died (yes, that means the second time he died too. aka Dark Empire)

2. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    Nah. Keep him mysterious.

3. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    I really killed this thread. lol

4. I-poodoo

I-poodoo Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2001
    I think Gandolf the Grey has or is making a fanfic like that. He calls it I, Sith(I may be mistaken I've looked and haven't found it yet)

Anyway I think it's a marvelous idea but surely not Palpy's entire lifestory perhaps from when he was a Sith apprentice to when he became Emperor.
    And if that is well received a sequel chronicling him as Emperor to when he died at Endor.

5. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    I'm not sure but I think that Palpatine is from Naboo, considering he was Naboo's senator, but I could be wrong.

6. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    mosr of all what is his damn first name!

7. Silky

Silky Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    We need filling in as COD seems quite contradictory as in this book palpy is rather level heading and seems to have no anti alien bias as shown in the scene where he points to the fact that there is no statues of aliens in a certain square (only read it once) also we have seen no demonstration of his force powers in the guise of palpy even though he would have to have a huge ability to blind Yoda and co. in ep2.

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    A Palpy book thats post-Episode 3 but pre-SOTE would be great, but I don't want to know too much about his origins or even who trained him.

9. Kingpin

Kingpin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 21, 2002
    palpy, i like it.

i wanna know how palpy learnt of the sith ways after they had been long dead! how can he have been trained without sith existing?

10. Nichos_Marr

Nichos_Marr Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    i wanna know how palpy learnt of the sith ways after they had been long dead! how can he have been trained without sith existing?

You're starting to sound like Ki-Adi-Mundi. :p About a thousand years before ANH, Darth Bane created the one master/one apprentice rule. Presumably, it's been one master/one apprentice all the way down to Palpatine. Now we don't know what happens to Palpatine's master, but we (or I) assume he had one.

11. Kingpin

Jul 21, 2002
    good. thn we do need a book.

12. Darth_Basher

Darth_Basher Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2002
    please refer to my signature, line 3.

thank you.

13. Bratty Jedi Master

Bratty Jedi Master Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 1, 1999
    Darth Basher
    I think that was uncalled for.

I'm torn. I would like to know more about Palpy, but I also think that the mystery suits him. I haven't made up my mind on this issue yet.

Bratty

14. Nichos_Marr

Nichos_Marr Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    whats the more foolish, EU or the fool that reads it?

Well it's nice to know that you're capable of living up to your name Darth Basher [face_plain]

Enjoy your limited Universe. :)

15. Master Chbel

Master Chbel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2000
    I'm not sure how much about Palpatine's background I want to know, But I would like to see a book about a young Palpatine (as the aide to the senator from Naboo?) and a young Qui-Gon (and thus Dooku)...

Three stories, that only the reader (and the Sith) know are one.

1. Dooku and Qui-Gon on some bizarre (and dark) mission that involves the senator from Naboo
    2. A young Palpatine accompanying his boss--Gui-Gon seemed almost friendly in his greeting to Palpatine on Coruscant in TPM
    3. A young Darth Sidious on his first solo mission.

Whether we actually learn that Palpatine=Sidious...I would say no, but the clues are there.

16. snarf5181

snarf5181 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    do we know for certain senator palpatine=emperor palpatine? has anyone ever thought sidious may be senator P's brother using him as a puppet, or something of that nature? we know lucas likes secret family twists, and it seems like actually saying siduos=senator has been purposefully avoided for a reason. its been a while since i read CoD, but i think most shady actions we've seen from the good senator could be explained if hes being forced to do them rather than opting to. i dunno, maybe its a dumb idea, but something seems funny about the whole situation.

17. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Lucas said that they are one in the same. There will probably be a scene in EP III where Sidious pulls down his hood and folks who don't know are the same person are shocked to see Palpatine.

18. wixmmm

wixmmm Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2001
    for god's sake... they are the same.

You're trying to make things too complicated... before the PT we ask for an explanation HOW palpatine did that... well Lucas gives us an explanation, a very well thought out one at that... a guy controls both sides = he can play each side against each other = he can take over.

It couldn't be more clear cut... and you guys are all looking for a "deep secret plot point". THERE ISN'T ONE!

Face it, we've been given the explanation, it's been covered, NOW, we just need to see how anakin became vader... simple as that... Star Wars isn't as complicated as some fans would like it to be.

Sheesh.

Cya
    Mike

19. rafterman

rafterman Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2002
    could be cool, I want to know WHY he's so intent on taking over the universe, this guy's Hitler....what happened in his youth to make him hate everything, he's a speciest, a racist, an ego maniac, but why is he so evil...please give us his history, something that could fill in gaps of how he raised Maul and turned Dooku as well....

20. Mareon

Mareon Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2002
    Why is everyone so sure that Paly is a racist? There is nothing in the films that hint that, and Darth Maul was an alien. So why is everyone so sure that he hates alien? Is there a stormtroper thing, that there are only human ones?

21. snarf5181

snarf5181 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    Hey guys, I'm sorry, I don't read alot of interviews and stuff, just watch the movies and read the books. It seemed like its been avoided so far, saying that they are the same (in the sources i follow) and it seems pretty obvious that they are the same, so i thought it might've been a trick. Its not overcomplicating, just a simple plot twist that we've seen before (as in characters not being who we thought they were). I stand corrected, I just didn't know it'd officially been said.

22. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    To answer a few earlier questions:

Palpatine was indeed born on Naboo, which is how he (as Sidious) knows it will be an easy target for the Trade Fed. It also shows just how evil he is to blockade his own planet

And his first name is Frank.
    "I must be frank, your Majesty..." - Palp, TPM ;)

23. Darth_Nemesis

Darth_Nemesis Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2001
    Hey Kwenn, how do you know he was born on Naboo where do get your information?

24. Kingpin

Jul 21, 2002
    I want to know WHY he's so intent on taking over the universe. . .what happened in his youth to make him hate everything, he's a speciest,and an ego maniac, but why is he so evil . . .please give us his history, something that could fill in gaps of how he raised Maul and turned Dooku as well. . .

HELL YEAH!!!

also who trained him, we need details...................DEEEETAILS!

25. Kirnodel

Kirnodel Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2002
    If there was a book on Darth Sidius/Emperor Palpatine then it would ruin the whole mysterius image that he conveys. I would prefer if it was just left up to peoples imagination.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.