Beyond After Forever: Not the way we planned it(J/K/J/TK/J/T/L/M/OCs) Link to sequel posted!!!! 2/20!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Daughterofflame, Sep 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Daughterofflame Jedi Master

star 4
    Title: After Forever Part 1: Not the way we planned it
    Author: Austyn Daley Coeburn (Daughterofflame)

Dramatis Personae:

Colonel Jaina Solo, Jedi Knight, Commander of the Twin Suns squadron
    Jacen Solol, Jedi Master
    Tahiri Veila, Jedi Knight
    Kyp Durron, Jedi Master
    Tenel Ka Chume Djo, Jedi Knight, Queen Mother of Hapes
    Colonel Jagged Fel, Twin Suns Three
    Mara Jade Skywalker, Jedi Master
    Luke Skywalker, Jedi Master
    Han Solo, retired General
    Leia Organa Solo, Jedi Knight, former Chief-of-State

Disclaimer: I do not own starwars, George lucas does. I make no money from this. I only own the characters that have obviously never appeared in Star Wars previously. I borrowed a couple for this story, and for that I apologize ahead of time. You can sue me if you want, but I got no money to give you. ( :p )
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"...sure you can do this?"

"yes." Jacen Solo nodded, steepling his hands on the desk in front of him, eerily reminiscent of his uncle.

"Wonderful. You may tell Master Skywalker we are very eager for him to begin training Esivan, and we will see you in a week."

Jacen nodded with a smile. "we will look forward to it."

The comm silenced and Jacen sighed. Between the comm going off and the students playing outside the door, he wasn*ft likely to get anymore work done.

He set the datapad in his hand on the desk with another sigh and pressed the call button on the desk comm.

He waited as it connected, stacking papers on the corner of the desk so he would have room to work tomorrow.

"He'o?"

Jacen looked up with a smile. "Hi, Ben, how are you?"

The three-year-old grinned happily. "I fine, Jacen."

"Where are your mom and dad?" Jacen had a hard time believing the Skywalkers had willingly allowed the little boy to answer the comm on his own.

Ben held up a finger. "Shhh."

Jacen suddenly caught on. "oh, is mommy asleep?"

Ben nodded solemnly. "Umm-hmm."

"ok. Shh." He repeated the gesture. "is your dad home?"

Ben nodded again, vigorously this time.

"Can I talk to him?"

Ben suddenly looked as if Jacen had put him in a terrible predicament.

Jacen saw the problem. "Don*ft worry, I won'ft tell him that you were talking to me." He assured the younger boy.

Ben nodded once with a smile and disappeared.

Jacen tapped the desk thoughtfully as he waited.

"Hello?" Luke Skywalker appeared . "Oh, hi, Jacen."

"Hi, Uncle Luke. I just talked to the Leukin family."

His uncle shifted, crossing his arms. "What did you find out?"

Jacen twirled a stylus in his hands absently. "They're eager for their son to come to the Academy; they think he's very gifted."

"Wonderful." Luke broke in, rolling his eyes " Just what we need. Another student who's parents think he can be the next savior of the galaxy if we just pay him enough attention."

Jacen grinned. "My parents wer like tha once, if I recall correctly."

Luke laughed. 'Maybe. But not to the extreme that some of our parents carry it to."

"True. I think, though, that the Leukins are just proud parents."

"Well, let's hope so." Luke muttered.

"They did, however, ask that their son not be placed in a creche family." Jacen set the sylus down on the desk and leaned back in his chair.

Luke blinked. "And he's what, three?"

"Four." Jacen grimaced. "I tried reasoning with her, but she was adamant."

"Here we go." Luke sighed. " I knew there was a catch."

"You know, Skywalker, you're starting to sound like me." Mara appeared behind her husband.

Jacen grinned. "I was about to point out the same thing."

"it shouldn't surprise you that after all the years we've been married, I've picked up on some of your cynicism."

"Realism." Mara corrected automatically.

Luke rolled his eyes with a smile. "Whatever you say."

Jacen had missed the entire exchange, staring thoughtfully out the viewport besi
  2. KnightHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Not bad so far. Seems pretty interesting. :)
  3. TahiriSoloFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Sounds interesting! Can't wait to see where this goes.
  4. Daughterofflame Jedi Master

star 4
    Why thank you Knighthawk, I'm glad you think so. :)
    And thank you, TahiriSOlofan, I always enjoy some encouragement. :D
    I was planning on posting another chapter today, but I have to leave for Cross country practice in ten minutes, and I don't hve the whole post typed out yet. THErefore, i'll post it tomorrow.
    Hope I'll see you in the land of board threads again soon. :)
    thanks,
    One Daughter of Flame.
  5. Kettch_the_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
  6. Dev_Binks Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  7. Daughterofflame Jedi Master

star 4
    Here's the new post I promised. hope you like it!!
    Oh, and if you're looking for humor, don't worry, it's coming. (especially if you read the sequel :D)

READ ON....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yavin 4.

There was no other place in the galaxy that had stronger grasp on life.

It was the one place in all the known regions of the universe that held the teeming life equal to five worlds on the surface of one small moon.

The only place in the galaxy that could be resilient enough to survive every war the galaxy had faced, and still be unchanging.

And it was the only place she had ever call home.

The tall Massassi trees stretched to the sky in a familiar greeting as she guided her ship toward the Great Temple.

The single river that split the moon*fs surface sparkled, bringing a smile to her face, remembering a few escapades of the younger academy students involving that river.

Even some of the older students had made the river their center of mischief.

The Great Temple was visible on the horizon now, growing larger every second.

Her eyes burned strangely as she stared at the stone structure. She had so many memories here.

All of it had nearly been destroyed.

She closed her eyes momentarily, breathing words of thanks for the chance to return.

There were still craters in the jungle where the plasma from the Yuuzhan Vong warships had fallen, raining down terror and death. Still times when the wind would carry wails and weeping from long ago. When it rained, the smell of blood hung in the air for hours.

The Great Temple had been rebuilt, nearly from the ground up.

When they'd first returned two years ago, there had bee almost nothing left. They'd had to stay in the Temple of Blue Leaf Cluster while they put the pieces back together.

Like they'd put their broken lives back together.

She was glad they'd rebuilt it as it had been. There was something oddly comforting in seeing something that at least looked like what you had known.

Even if it all ended up being nothing like what it had been, she still had her memories.

She looked up at the mountain range looming behind the temple, and was thrown back into her memories.

She switched to low sublight as she eased her ship into the docking bay and cut the sublights to just repulsorlifts.

The ship settled on the stone deck gently, and she reached over to cut the engine.

She checked the log to make sure nothing had come loose on the flight, and then shut everything down.

She wasn't leaving this time.

She turned around and left the cockpit, picking her lightsaber up off the galley area table as she walked by and clipping it to her belt.

She keyed the lights and life support to power-down before pressing the hatch controls.
    She walked down the short ramp to the bay deck, nodding to the maintenance droid that whistled a greeting.

She smiled warmly when she saw the figure leaning against a stone pillar on the other side of the bay, waiting for her.

"Jacen." Her smile grew.

He grinned back. "I thought it was you."

She nodded, her eyes sparkling happily. "I am
    home."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know it's short, but all of my posts are going to be short until I get into the meat of the story.
    let me know what you think!!

~*~Austyn
  8. Kettch_the_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Who's she?

Very captivating and interesting.
  9. Daughterofflame Jedi Master

star 4
    HERE IT IS!!!! The new post!! Hope ya'll like it! R&R!!!!!!!
    Kettch_the _Jedi Thanks for the feedback!!

Without further ado, here is the post!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luke looked up when Mara entered the room.

He frowned. ?I thought I told you to go back to bed.?

Mara shot him a look. ?In case you?ve forgotten, nobody tells me to do anything. And for the record, I?m not tired.?

Luke snorted, but chose not to say anything.

Mara headed for the kitchen.

?Ah, so the lack of exhaustion is only relative to your hunger.? Luke surmised.

Mara sent a dark glare.

Luke said nothing more as he went back to the datapad in his hand, frowning in concentration.

?Do we have any d?yjala cakes?? Mara asked from behind the refrigeration unit door.

?If we do, they?re not in there.? Luke replied absently.

?I know. I?m looking for something to go on them.? She closed the fridge door, leftover bajiin steak and a bag of cheese in her hand.

?Hold on just a minute there,? Luke protested, ?that steak is mine.?

Mara looked sly as she disappeared into the pantry. ?Not anymore.? She called over her shoulder.

Luke smiled behind his hand, and then looked back at the datapad.

?What are you working on?? Mara came out of the pantry, a bag of d?yjala cakes in her hand.

?This transmission I just got from the Leukin family.? He said absently, fingering the scar on his chin.

Mara came to sit beside him. ?They still refusing to let you put their son with the other crèche kids??

Luke nodded slowly. ?They seem to think he?ll learn faster without the distractions of the other children.?

Mara set the mug in her hand clown on the table hard.

?I know.? Luke folded the top on the datapad down. ?I can?t exactly order them to allow him to be with the other young children.? He frowned. ?And I?m not sure that?s even it.?

?If it were me, that?s exactly what I would do. And what do you mean, that?s not it?? Mara took a sip of her caffeine with an incredulous look.

?How would you feel if Ben came home talking about his ?new family???

Mara thought about that for a moment.

?Threatened.?

Luke hid a smile. ?Which is a polite way of saying you?d track them down and erase their memory.?

Mara stood with a half-grin, putting the last bite of her cakes in her mouth. She shrugged, walking over to the comm. Terminal. ?Maybe.? She turned the terminal on. ?What was with Jacen earlier??

Luke frowned. ?I don?t know. Maybe one of the kids that seem to camp outside his door was crying.?

?It was odd.? Mara looked thoughtful. ?I didn?t sense anything.?

?So it wasn?t Jaina?? Luke took her dirty plate to the kitchen sink.

?No.? Mara shook her head, reading the text message.

?Then I have no idea. Maybe one of-? he trailed off when he saw Mara had stilled.

?What?? he asked quickly, alarm rising at the look on her face.

?A note from Bilbringi NRI branch.? Her voice was nearly inaudible. She finally looked at Luke. ?They found the Outlander station. No survivors.?

Luke?s mind stopped.

Mara wasn?t finished.

?And it wasn?t an accident.?

---------------------------------------------

I knew it !!!!!!!!!! There's a bad guy!! :D

(Hold on, I'm writing this one aren't I?) :p
    ~*~Austyn
  10. Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master

star 5

Austyn? Is that your name? Very pretty if it is, very pretty even if it isn't. :p

Well lil' Dof, tis magnificent!! :D

She from the second post = Tenel Ka [I know these types of things [face_mischief]]

Ben is adorable.

LOVE the L/M banter. :D

Jacen ain't half bad.

[face_love] :D [face_love] ME LOVE!!!

11. KnightHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Very interesting characterizations... Extremely realistic. I like it.
  12. Daughterofflame Jedi Master

star 4
    hehe, I love feedback. :D

And I love thank yous too, so here goes.

Agent_Jaid- thank you so much!! Yes, that's my real name. Austyn Daley Coeburn. I've always liked it too. :) ('cept in kinder when all the kids teased my 'bout having a boy's name)
    Glad you liked it! (I agree with you on the Ben thing. Wait 'til you read the rest of what i have planned!!)
    HMMMMMM. YOu might be right about SHE. We'll have to see. [face_devil]

KnightHawk - Thanks! One of the goals I've always had in writing is to make the characters and story believable and realistic.
    It's taken the 4 years since I started writing (I was a innocent, naive 13 year old then) to improve on that goal.

Thanks for the feedback!!
    More posts comin' soon!!
  13. Daughterofflame Jedi Master

star 4
    NEW POST!!!!!!!
    Now you will all see if your private (or loudly voiced) speculations were correct. :D
    HEHEHEHEHe. no matter what you think now, this is NOT going to end in any predictable way, so be prepared to be stunned!!! [face_devil]

Hope you enjoy this!! READ ON!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The halls in the Great Temple were filled with noise as the students milled about, talking and laughing. The older ones walked to their quarters or stood in groups along the walls that made walking through the corridors like weaving through a maze.

"So, how long are you staying?"
    They walked side by side down the crowded halls away from the bay.

Tenel Ka looked ahead as they walked. "I gave my crown regent ylinai telempora when I left."

They stopped for a group of children playing in the middle of the hall. One of the young girls smiled and waved, and Jacen smiled back.

"Forgive the mere civilian's ignorance," Jacen quipped, "but I have no idea what that means."

"I will stay as long as the Consortium does not require me." Tenel Ka rephrased.

"Ah." Jacen nodded. "Aha."

Tenel Ka looked at him. "When did you make a habit of mocking me?"

Jacen stifled a laugh. "I wasn't mocking you, Tenel Ka. I swear."

If it weren't for the fact that it was Tenel Ka, he could've sworn he saw her hide a smile of her own.

"I know this." She replied, nodding once.

Jacen grinned. "Good. Now, let's go find your quarters."

He watched her out the corner of his eyes as they walked. He saw her scan her surroundings, taking it all in.

"It's different, isn't it?" He voiced what she was thinking.

"This is a fact." Her voice was quiet.

Jacen chuckled. "How did I know you'd say that?"

Tenel Ka looked up, an expression similar to amusement on her face. "I do not know. How?"

Jacen shrugged easily as they turned the corner. "I guess it's just cause I know you." He smiled.

Tenel Ka seemed to think this over. "It could be that." She agreed.

"It could also be that you're a one-liner." Jacen amended, hiding a grin.

Tenel Ka almost stopped where she was to mull this over. She eyed Jacen carefully. "This is a joke." She clarified.

Jacen grinned. "What else?"

To Jacen's credit, she almost smiled. "This is true."

They walked in silence for a moment.

Tenel Ka suddenly stopped, taking in her surroundings with an alertness. "Jacen." She looked at him, her eyes flitting around. "Where are we going?"

He didn?ft need to answer. She knew where they were headed.

Jacen stopped in the hall in front of a door.
    "Your quarters, your Highness. I apologize for their humbleness." He made a deep, sweeping bow.

Tenel Ka gave him a brief glance that was vaguely annoyed before pressing her thumb to the bioscanner on the door.

She blinked as the door swished open, hesitating before stepping inside.

Jacen watched her turn around slowly, her mind working through memories to check the images she saw now against the way it had once been. He wondered when her gaze crossed him, if she even saw him.

"Thank you." She said finally. "I do not know how you have done it, but thank you."

Jacen just smiled before quietly slipping down the hall.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, so ya'll were right. Bummer. Yeah, go through yourselves an I-was-right party. Jes' kiddin'. ;)
    Nah, ya'll got no idea where this trilogy (I had an idea for another installment, so I upgraded from a duology :p ) is going. :D
    I'm going to love all your posts with :eek: faces!!!

:D :D ~*~Austyn
  14. Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master

star 5

:D I WAS RIGHT!! WOHOOO!!! :D

*throws an I-Was-Right party*

:p

15. JAGSGURL15 Jedi Master

star 4
    hey this is gettin intresting by the way im a big time j/jer so to read a story not cntered on their romance is a big thing for me just ask my master jedida

will jag and jaina mush in this story
  16. Daughterofflame Jedi Master

star 4
    Someone once told me that i was far to grateful for my own good. Well, they might be right. i just can't get over the thankyous i haven't done, so here goes.

Agent_Jaid Yes, you were right. :)
    (Isn't it great to be one step ahead of everyone else? :p ) thanks for replying!!

JAGSGURL15 Nice to meet you!! I love readers!!! No, sorry, this trilogy isn't going to have any JAINA/jag mush. however.....
    well, you'll see him in the story a lot anyway, and don't worry, i got special plans for him. [face_devil]
    if youre just a diehard j/j fanfic lover, then you might try my other fanfic, cuz there's lots of that there. :D ( i just love mush, don't you?) (not to mention that my other storyarc just got started, and i'm REALLY short on readers. (*Sniff* i have a faithful audience of.... one... at the moment.
    :_| ) Anyway, thanks for the comments!!! Hope to see you around again soon!!

THIS FANFIC WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY UPDATED IN....
    (ok, probly not til Tuesday. hey, i gotta study sometime!)

Austyn, one Daughter of Flame
  17. Angel4evaM Jedi Knight

star 2
    Wow! This is a really good. I can't wait for more and I'm going to go check out your other story. If your a fan of J/J then you could read my story Every Little Thing About You. It follows the life of J/J from when they first start dating.

~Angel~
  18. Daughterofflame Jedi Master

star 4
    Angel4evaM thanks for reading and replying!! :) it made a good day even better. :D

FOr the rest of you lurkers (YES, YOU!) reply already!!

I'll have another post up tomorrow, and it's a really long one! ;)

Be back soon,
    Austyn, one Daughter of Flame
  19. JediMasterKobe Jedi Master

star 4
    Sweet beginning. :) Need more!
  20. Daughterofflame Jedi Master

star 4
    HMMM. not sure all you lurkers deserve this, but here's the next post. :D in return, you must delurk and post a reply!!! ;)
    Hope you enjoy!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yavin 4 was usually a place of peace. A place where one could lose
    himself in the endless near-silence. A place that gravitated more toward meditation than even Master Yoda's solitary hut.

But, then, dining halls are an exception to nearly every rule.

Tenel Ka surveyed the dining hall calmly, watching as two younger students chased each other between the tables.

One of the young boys turned his head to taunt the other, laughing as the
    other boy stopped to catch his breath.

The first boy kept running.

Straight into master Skywalker.

Tenel Ka watched with covert interest as the boy's eyes widened.

Master Skywalker only smiled and asked him a question.

The boy nodded sheepishly, squirming a little.

Master Skywalker cocked his head and smiled in reproach. It took only a
    moment before the boy began to smile, too.

Master Skywalker said something and nodded toward the other boy, who had been standing quite still, watching the conversation carefully.

The boy nodded and ran back to his friend.

Master Skywalker smiled as they walked off arm in arm.

His face changed then, and he turned scanning the room as if he was searching for something.

When he saw Tenel Ka, he stopped, his eyebrows shooting up in surprise.

?Tenel Ka.? He walked toward her, smiling. ?I didn?t know you were here.?

Tenel Ka nodded respectfully. ?Master. I returned for a short visit.?

Luke nodded in understanding. ?I?m sure it must be hard to get away from Hapes.?

?It is difficult.? Tenel Ka agreed.

?Why don?t you come and sit with Mara and I??

Luke gestured at the table behind him where his wife sat, trying to get Ben to eat with his spoon instead of his fingers.

?I will do this.? She nodded again, following Luke to the table.

Mara looked when they approached. ?Luke, did you- oh, hi, Tenel Ka.? She smiled welcomingly.

?Master Skywalker.? She tipped her head.

Mara made a face. ?That?s his name.? She jerked her thumb at her husband. ?Last time I checked, I was just Mara.?

Tenel Ka nodded her assent. ?This is so. I forget sometimes.?

Luke sat down. ?Hi, Ben.?

The three-year-old?s face lit up. ?Hi, Daddy.?

Luke took one glance at the jumbled mass of breakfast foods and knew what was going on.

?Have you been giving Mommy trouble?? he asked sternly.

Ben grinned impishly, shaking his head in a way that said that was exactly what he had been doing.

Luke looked at Mara with one eyebrow raised.

?He?s your kid, Skywalker; what do you think?? Mara asked dryly.

Luke just shook his head with a smile. He pointedly ignored Mara?s rolling eyes and turned to Ben.

?Ben, use your spoon.? He demonstrated carefully.
    Ben watched his father for a few moments, obviously skeptical about the entire matter.

?There you go. See, it?s ? Ow!? his head jerked up with a scowl. ?What was that for?? he demanded, rubbing his shin.

Mara caught his gaze and nodded toward their guest.

Tenel Ka was staring across the room, her eyes following something.

Luke looked back at Mara, puzzled.

?T?iri!? Ben suddenly exclaimed, throwing his hands up in the air.

Luke turned his head slightly and saw Tahiri Veila walking toward them, smiling brightly and waving to Ben.

Jacen followed close behind, bearing a heavy-laden try and a rueful smile.

?Hey, Ben.? Tahiri sat down beside the little boy, listening wide-eyed to his excited chattering.

Luke watched them a moment before turning his gaze to his nephew.

?Good morning, Jacen.? He smiled knowingly at the expression the younger man was wearing.

Jacen plunked the tray down on the table and sighed heavily. He looked up his uncle. ?Remind me never to get in line behind her again.? He rubbed his arms like he was so
  21. KnightHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Dun dun dunnnnn....

I like it. :)
  22. Kettch_the_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    That's my favorite post so far.

BTW, with that whole Mara having weird eating habits... is that a hint for something to come? :)

I have one request. Could you skip lines occasionally (like between paragraphs)? It would make the reading easier.
  23. KataiJade Jedi Knight

star 2
    well, i have decided to come out of the land of lurkers

i love your story

i cant wait to read more!!!

~KJ~
  24. JediMasterKobe Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmmm. Impending fatherhood, do I sense? Meditate on this, I will. Poor guy, young Solo is.
  25. Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master

star 5

:)

Brother mine was smart and found it on his own!!

*pats his head*

Good boy.

:D

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] @ Jacen

I am completely without sympathy for ya' kid. :p

Heh, I'll take a good salad over ceral any day... I can't even remember the last time I had cold/hot cereal..... It's been ages..... Just what I hoped for. :D

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.