main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends After Forever: Not the way we planned it(J/K/J/TK/J/T/L/M/OCs) Link to sequel posted!!!! 2/20!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Daughterofflame, Sep 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daughterofflame

Daughterofflame Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003

New post!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

?Jaina??

She looked up from the dish in front of her, unable to mask the disgusted face she was wearing.

Zekk was watching her, trying to hide a smile. ?Better not show that to the cook.?

?Sorry.? Jaina smiled. ?I never liked ptadrako.?

?Well, if I hadn't already known that, it would've been no secret now.? Zekk laughed.

Jaina grinned and pushed the plate away.

?So, when do the Twin Suns start up again?? Zekk pulled her rejected plate towards him and stabbed into it with his fork.

Jaina crossed her arms on the durasteel table. ?Kyp sent the assembly command out with Jag. Everybody should be at the rendezvous point in a couple weeks, the you, Kyp, and I will head out to join them.?

?What about the rumor that's been going around about us getting second pick of rookies out of the flight Academy?? Zekk shoveled another mouthful.

Jaina jerked, frowning. ?I don't know. I guess? I forgot.?

?Oh. Well, you might get ahold of General Antilles and find out.?

Jaina nodded.

?Darn.? Zekk's voice was anything but mild. ?I was hoping to be gone by the time he showed up.?

Jaina was already grinning when she turned her head to see Kyp coming towards them, carrying his own dinner.

Jaina sent a warning glance at Zekk for his sour look.

?Hey, Jay.? Kyp sat down beside her with a small smile. ?Zekk.? He nodded at the other man.

?Durron.? Zekk acknowledged him stiffly.

?We were just talking about the assembly command.? Jaina told him. ?Oh, and I need you to load our wings onto the Defiance while I talk to Wedge about the academy recruits we may or may not be getting.? She made a face. ?Mine has a wonderful record of acting up on long hauls across the galaxy.?

?Right.? Kyp managed to nod.

?Good are you going to take your precious time with that??

?No. I'll get a box and-?

Jaina had already turned back to Zekk. ?We'll be leaving now, Zekk. We're on standby, so you check out your fighter.? She stood and motioned to Kyp. ?Let's go, Durron.?

Kyp picked up his cuisine box and followed Jaina silently.

A few long strides later, they stood in front of their barracks room while Jaina keyed in the security sequence.

The moment the unlocked door hissed shut, Jaina jerked him to her with such ferocity, Kyp was surprised he retained the presence of mind to throw up his uncaptured hand to prevent the flimsifoam box in its grasp from being crushed between them.

?Rain?? he murmured under her lips.

She ignored his warning and pressed closer to him, deepening the kiss until the ground gave way under his feet.

Then, just as abruptly as the kiss had begun, she ended it, leaning back slightly to look at him.

Kyp could've sworn on the Old Order he saw a brief glow of satisfaction flicker bright henna eyes at the way he was sure she knew she affected him, clouding his senses, leaving him reeling for any hold on reality.

?You know,? he was grasping blindly for one of those footholds now, ?you never told me about the General's offer about the rookies.?

Jaina raised both eyebrows, almost amused. ?I gathered that.? She rubbed her forehead. ?I almost blew it on that one when Zekk mentioned it.?

?Find any other holes?? Kyp asked kindly.

?Just two.? She admitted, easing out of his arms and heading into the other room.

Kyp followed her. ?Mind if I ask what they were??

Color sprouted on her cheeks as she sat on the edge of her bunk. ?One was an extremely personal question from my mother, which I am thankful to all things sacred you had absolutely no knowledge of.? She covered her eyes and shook her head vigorously as if to dispel any thought on the matter.

?Oh, do tell.? Kyp leaned forward mischievously, eyes sparkling. ?After all, after the other night, I doubt I have any secrets. Why should you??

Jaina shuddered briefly. ?Never.? She vowed emphatically.

Kyp only grinned, dropping the subject. ?What was the other one??

?Oh.?

2. Ars_longa

Ars_longa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 26, 2004
    Oh. That's the Jaina as I love to see her. Strong, smart and in love with Kyp. :) I don't know why, but I've always disliked Zekk, probably because the copy is always worse than the original.

But what the kriff did Leia ask her about? I'm intrigued...

A.

3. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Yes, what was Leia's question??

I agree with Arina...with Kyp's memories she's acting a lot more like the old Jaina. Even if she doesn't remember being her, she remembers him remembering her being her (ack! say that three times fast!)...

*loses train of thought*

Anyway, good good update. And yes, who really cares what everybody thinks?

~Abby~

4. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Woa amzingly good post here!

5. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    I'm still waiting to see what happens next with Jacen and TK.

6. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    Luke winced suddenly, as if assaulted by an especially loud noise or garish sight.

?One thing's for sure, though.? He mumbled, rolling over and shoving his head under a pillow. ?We have got to teach that girl basic shielding.?

[face_laugh] Too funny!!!

I like the way you write Tann.

7. Smuggler_Shidakis

Smuggler_Shidakis Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    More loverly K/J mush!! Yay!
    Jaina's description of herself was prettyful.

Now I MUST know what Leia asked her...

Awesome as always!

8. Daughterofflame

Sep 11, 2003

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jacen awoke that morning to find the walls of their cell had begun closing in during the night.

Was the Yuuzhamnaka's plan to whittle away at their space until he had cut away all their sanity, too?

Tenel Ka slept on, mercifully unaware of his discovery, still cradled in his arms.

Jacen leaned down to check her breathing.

It was faint, but detectable.

For a moment, he was content to only sit there and look at her.

Her face was peaceful in sleep, contradicting her tattered armor and the way her hair spilled around her face, and the numerous slashes that criss-crossed her arms and throat, already showing signs of infection.

He picked up one of her hands, feeling her weak pulse through her searing fingertips

It suddenly hit him, how easily he might lose her. The Yuuzhan Vong were known for their engineering of lethal pathogens. How much further, then, would this new race have gone?

Had the Yuuzhamnaka's plan all along been to break him by allowing him to watch her die?

He could feel the ever-present despair wrapping its damp blanket around him.

Jacen shook it off angrily. She wouldn't die; neither of them would. He had two children to raise, and she had the entire Hapan Empire to rule, and maybe, just maybe?

Still, life's frailties had a way of coming back to mock you at the most inopportune times.

He brushed one hand across her hair, sweeping it to one side.

He frowned, his gaze catching on the tiny mark on the back of her neck.

When he looked closer, his dread suddenly gave way to surprise.

It was an image of a bird with a strange symbol emblazoned on its outstretched wing.

A tattoo.

Jacen shook his head in mild disbelief. He had a feeling that he could spend the rest of his life- and probably a good amount of whatever eternity lay beyond- trying to comprehend Queen Mother Tenel Ka Chume Djo and never truly succeed.

She stirred in his arms, her shallow breathing coming to a halt.

Fear swallowed him whole.

?No.? he denied it. ?Oh, please, no.?

With a slight shudder, she inhaled again.

Jacen wouldn't let himself breathe a sigh of relief. It could change all too easily.

?If you let her die?? the words seemed to blurt out on their own, but having said them, he paused to consider.

What kind of deity turned his back on his followers? Or was it another requirement of belief, giving up everything, even your life?

Guilt washed over him. Was it maybe, that she was suffering for his unbelief?

The guilt swiftly reverted to anger.

?You want me, you come at me straight on.? He muttered.

Only the darkness answered.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9. green_eyes

green_eyes Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    Oh Jacen, you have to find a way to save Tenal Ka and get out of this mess. How will he do it?

great post! You always leave me wanting more.

*green_eyes*

10. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    A tattoo, hot damn! I've been thinking about getting one. I'm going to wait until I'm absolutely sure though. A-B-S-O-L-U-T-E-L-Y Sure!! Those aren't removable. I had henna on my hand once, it drove me nuts!! A tatoo might not be the best idea...

Anyways, awesome post! Please don't kill her!! (Although it would be a really awesome plot twist if you did...) *ducks thrown bricks*

11. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Oh no! Jacen, you better use that smart ass braqin of yours!

12. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    NOOOOO TK DON'T DIE!!!

13. Smuggler_Shidakis

Jul 26, 2004
    Isn't Jacen supposed to be some sort of uberwise Jedi philosopher-type thing??

THEN WHY CAN'T HE SAVE HER?!?!?!?!

Please don't kill Tenel Ka!! NO!!!!!!!!!!

14. ruffem

ruffem Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2001
    Well, don't kill Tenel! Kill...uhhh.......I dont know, but don't kill Tenel...

15. TahiriSoloFan

May 20, 2003
  16. Daughterofflame

Sep 11, 2003

New post!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

?So when are we leaving for the rendezvous point??

Kyp sighed, loving the weighted feeling of her head pillowed on his stomach. ?A little less than a standard week from today.?

Jaina glanced up at the x-wing they had been working on, playing with the fingers that dangled over her shoulder. ?That's not that long.?

?Nope.?

?I'm kinda nervous about flying again.? She admitted. ?There are a lot of holes in that area.?

Kyp couldn't help smiling as she kissed each knuckle on his left hand. ?I bet ninety-nine to one it'll come back when you climb into that cockpit.?

?Solo's hate hearing the odds, remember?? she shifted her head on his stomach so she could see him.

?Even when they're in your favor?? Kyp grinned.

?Hmm.? She seemed to think it over. ?Maybe not.? She rested their joined hands over her heart. ?Can I ask you a question??

Kyp was fighting to stay lucid wit the sensation of his hand so close to her skin threatening to electrocute him. ?Umm-hmm.?

?Were we like this before??

Kyp hid his wince. ?No. Jay, we need to talk about-?

?Then I'm glad,? she interrupted him, ?that I lost my memory.? She gazed up at him, pushing up off his stomach to face him. ?Because this,? she leaned in and kissed him, slow and lingering, ?is worth losing everything.?

Kyp knew he needed to tell her, but he found couldn't speak past the lump that had formed in his throat, so he just burying his face in her neck.

?Force, Rain?? he murmured into her hair. ?I love you.?

Her fingers forked into his hair, playing with the strands of silver that were starting to appear.

It started out as another innocent kiss, but it quickly heated into something much more urgent with her hands sliding up under the hem of his tunic.

Kyp broke away, noticing that he wasn't the only one breathing heavily.

?We need to talk about this rendezvous thingy.? He kissed her forehead before falling back onto the floor and staring at the ceiling.

Jaina leaned over him. ?Why??

Kyp reached up and touched her cheek. ?Because you just proved a point of mine.?

?Which point??

?That I'm flying my x-wing while you pilot the Defiance .?

Jaina scowled. ?That sounds like the dumbest thing you've suggested in a long time. Your x-wing never makes it three light-years without screwing something up.?

?That only happened once.? He lied. ?Ok, twice.?

?Liar.? She smacked his stomach. ?Something's gone wrong every time!?

Kyp sighed. ?There's a downside to this memory sharing thing.?

Jaina grinned and kissed him again, teasing him as she trailed kisses down the side of his neck.

Kyp caught one of her traveling hands and gently pushed her off of him. ?This is why I'm flying the x-wing myself. You and me alone on the same ship for a three day flight is asking for trouble.?

Jaina's cheeks fired. ?Oh. I hadn't ??

?You didn't realize I'd think of it as trouble?? Kyp finished for her.

Jaina shrugged self-consciously.

'It's OK. I don't expect you to read my mind. I'll just tell you now: I want us to wait.?

Jaina nodded, laying back beside him. ?Can I tell you a secret??

Kyp chuckled. ?Sure, Jay. Secrets are always fun.?

?I'm glad.? Was all she said.

?Good.? If Kyp had any discomfort, he covered it smoothly. ?That makes it easier for me not to compromise.?

The two were quiet for a moment.

?Can we change the subject?? Jaina asked finally.

?Sure.? Kyp smiled.

?Actually, can we just think for a while?? she scooted closer to him, moving a ratchet and fusion cutter out of the way, and laying her head on his chest.

Kyp wrapped on arm around her and closed his eyes. ?Fine with me.?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

17. AvenKiel

Oct 18, 2003
    He wants to wait? That doesn't make any sense to me, didn't they already do it?

18. Daughterofflame

Sep 11, 2003
    HUH? When? Huh? Hold on. Ok. What? I'm confused. No. THey didn't. Did I imply it? Oops. Didn't mean to. Can you tell me where you read that? I can't figure out exactly what you're talking about. I'm really tired, and so I'm really confused. But no. The answer is no. Anyway, I should go to bed.
    ~*~Austyn

19. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    I think it was the part where Luke was telling Mara that they needed to teach Jaina some shielding...I know you explained that it wasn't "nookie", but probably some people didn't see that.

Anyway, good little postie...far far too short, though. I like the sweetness mush in this one :)

~Abby~

20. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    That sounds like Kyp, a very sappy Kyd...

21. AvenKiel

Oct 18, 2003
    It was definately the part where Luke was talking about shielding, and before that. I think Kyp and Jaina were left alone and then you wrote something about a current of passion or love through the force or something like that. I 'll try to be more specific later, gotta go to class now.

22. green_eyes

green_eyes Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    I agree, I thought they had already done it. When Mara was going to kill them, and Luke said he needed to teach Jaina some shielding.

Great mush in this postie. I wonder how she will feel about everything when she gets her memory back.

*green_eyes*

23. TahiriSoloFan

May 20, 2003
    Sweet post! I never thought I'd see a sweet Kyp.

24. Smuggler_Shidakis

Jul 26, 2004
    I thought they'd already doine it too.

Okay, everyone say it:

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

I love Kyp. Especially mushy sweet Kyp.

25. Daughterofflame

Sep 11, 2003
    (*stumbles in gasping for breath*) OK. I'm back. Freshmen retreat ran longer than we all thought it would. But I did go track down EXACTLY which post you guys were talking about, and I realized my problem. See, the problem was, I meant to post that L/M post with the K/J post with the whole memory thing as a double post, so you guys would get the time thing, but I totally forgot, so it seemed like the L/M was a reaction to a different situation. It wasn't, though. Jaina's emotional reaction to the kiss and memory thing, though, was rather explosive, I guess, so THAT'S what Luke and Mara were agonizing over. :D Sorry about all of the confusion. Let me go fix it. But, no, that wasn't a nookie, or anything of the sort. I really don't like that kind of stuff. Sorry if you were hoping it was. :p Anyway. Moving on. Should have a new post up for you guys in the next few days. Gimme a little while to get caught up on my homework, though. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.