main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends After Forever: Not the way we planned it(J/K/J/TK/J/T/L/M/OCs) Link to sequel posted!!!! 2/20!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Daughterofflame, Sep 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Ms. Coeburn would like her loyal readers to know that this 'fic is now up:

...here! :D

:D :D :D

~*~The Imperial Ewok
    pp Daughterofflame

2. Daughterofflame

Daughterofflame Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003
    I hate computers. Hate 'em, hate 'em, hate 'em. Seems like they break down just when you need 'em. *sigh* Do you guys want an update??? I might be able to give you one! :D

Hang on. I'll be back!

~*~Austyn

3. Daughterofflame

Sep 11, 2003
    You guys, I'm an idiot.

I'm so sorry. I brought all of my files home on my computer, but I don't think I grabbed the written-out copies of the next few posts, that I haven't had a chance to type up yet. :( I'm going to go tear my backpack apart to make sure, but at the moment, it looks like there will be no update. :( I'm sorry!

~*~Austyn

4. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    ~*~Austyn?! :eek:

:D

:eek:

:D

:eek:

[face_dancing] [:D] [face_dancing]

Welcome back!!

:cool: [face_mischief] :cool:

:p But no, I mean it! ;)

- The Imperial Ewok

5. Smuggler_Shidakis

Smuggler_Shidakis Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    Austyn!

Hi!

Welcome back!

[:D]

6. Daughterofflame

Sep 11, 2003
    You all may not believe this, but I guess the stars finally alligned for me, because not only have I found all of my missing writing, and not only do I finally have a working internet connection, but I finally got the school network to stop blocking this site! :D

Therefore, you can expect to see a brand new post within the week. Possibly... tonight! :D

~*~Austyn

7. Ars_longa

Ars_longa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 26, 2004
    Can't wait! :)

A.

8. pregnantpadme

pregnantpadme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 25, 2004
    YYYEEEEEAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited!

9. Smuggler_Shidakis

Jul 26, 2004
    In the eternal words of Han Solo....

YEEEEEEEEE-HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

10. pregnantpadme

Oct 25, 2004
    OK...read last several pages again...up to speed...plaese please please post!

11. Daughterofflame

Sep 11, 2003

Finally! A new post! :D School just started, so I'm taking advantage of the lighter work load to get this fic back on its feet. I didn't realize until today just how close it is to being finished. About... maybe 6 posts, and it's done! Then I can move on to part 2. :) We'll have to see how this whole Comp 2 thing goes. I walked out of the classroom this morning thinking it was going to steal my soul. *sigh* Hope not.

Well, I think you all have waited patiently enough. :) You've earned a new post!!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------

The situation was becoming desperate.

Jacen held Tenel Ka as she thrashed feebly, crying out intermittently in each of the languages she spoke.

?Miet! Miet!? she called. ?Neinte!? she tried to pull from his arms. ?No! Do no hurt her!?

?It?s ok.? Jacen attempted to soothe her. ?They?re gone. You?re all right.?

?Father!? she continued shrieking. ?Stop them!?

Jacen smoothed her hair the way he wished he could smooth her soul.

?D?na!? she snarled at an enemy only she could see. ?Tovashk?anat sucadzon-pratt!?

Jacen tightened his hold on her as she struggled, feeling the searing heat roil off of her.

?Isan!? she cried, slapping at Jacen?s hands. ?Let me go! I can help him!?

Jacen remembered how she had been prevented from coming to the Hapan man?s aid by those who feared she would be captured fro ransom.

?Neinte.? She muttered feverishly, fingers rubbing the tattoo on her neck as if to remove it. ?I will not tell where he is. Neinte. No, Miet, do not worry, I will not tell them.?

Jacen wondered as she mumbled about keeping her mother?s secret, if she was reliving a past conversation, or if the fever had brought on hallucinations of the dead woman standing before her.

?Shh.? He stroked her cheek with his thumb. ?I won?t tell either.?

That seemed to calm her some, though she still plucked at his hands, trying to push him away.

?Aevin!? it seemed more surprised than desperate, as the other outcries had been. ?He is so tiny, Mother.? She rubbed the tattoo again.

Jacen was beginning to realize just how frightening delirium could be. He could see where the infection from the lashes on her back was streaking across her shoulder, leaving a fierce red handprint over her collarbone.

The last time he had seen anything like it had been in the slave camp on the worldship during the Yuuzhan Vong war. Without bacta, any infection could be deadly, but something this serious would be.

?If a higher power existed, now would be a good time to find out.? He muttered sarcastically.

Tenel Ka suddenly jerked in his arms, a rasping cough causing her body to spasm.

Jacen rubbed her arm gently until the cough released her and she slumped against him again, trembling violently, mumbling once more.

Her words to the Yuuzhan Vong were as full of contempt as any he had ever heard from her mouth the first nasty curses he had known her to use were directed at the invaders, whether the ones from the past, or the ones who threatened them now, for having stolen something of hers.

Jacen frowned, unable to decipher one of the phrases she was throwing at her imagined adversaries. It was a combination of words he had never heard before.
    Her fever was rising again. He could feel it in the heat radiating from her, and in the shivers that racked her weak body.

If her core temperature rose much more...

?Jacen!? she suddenly bolted upright, screaming. ?No!?

?Tenel Ka.? Jacen raised his voice, trying to be heard above her frantic cries. ?I?m right here.?

?Neinte!? she yelled, her voice becoming raw as she thrashed wildly. ?Yeijion! Yeijion, help! He does not know! Jacen! Forgive me, Yeijion, he does not know.?

Her voice broke, whether from emotion or sheer lack of energy, Jacen did not know.

She was silent, going limp against him.

Jacen waited for her to begin screaming again, but she never did.

When her breathing changed, he knew a coma had seized her.

It hit him then.

She was going to die

12. Smuggler_Shidakis

Jul 26, 2004
    YAY! POST! YAY!

Tenel Ka! *eyes water*

*bawls*

She can't die!

SAVE HER, JACEN!

Great post, Austyn.

*resumes yelling at Jacen*

13. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    Very hard to sit and watch suffering and not be able to do anything about it!

14. Jedi_Whispers

Jedi_Whispers Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2004
    AHHH! No! She cannot die! She's not allowed. Poor Jacen. he had to go and risk his life to save her and now he's risking hers! That bonehead! Anyway, I'm very, very happy that you're back!

~*Whisper*~

15. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    Awesome post!!

At least if she dies, Jacen will be there to hold her. It would actually be a really interesting scene to read. Jacen would totally go sith though.

16. pregnantpadme

Oct 25, 2004
    Yeah...DOTF! You're back and with a short but powerful post.

Booo!!! Tenel Ka can not die!!!!!

17. Daughterofflame

Sep 11, 2003
    Smuggler_Shidakis Yell at Jacen all you want. He's kinda stuck. :p Thanks for the reply!

TahiriSoloFan Nice too see you again! Thanks for the reply!

Jedi_Whispers I never meant to make Jacen the bad guy, per say, in this fic, but you guys all seem to think he ought to be. :p Thanks for the reply!

AvenKiel Thanks for the reply! Actually, I've toyed with that idea exactly. Still waiting to see if I'll use it...

Thanks for the fast replies, and your patience with me throughout the wait. :)

~*~Austyn

18. Daughterofflame

Sep 11, 2003
    New Post!!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

?No, no! I said ?turn it on ? not ? off ?! Stang it, Durron, this droid of yours has got to go!?

?Taan, I need those readouts.?

?Anybody seen Tahiri? She was supposed to be working on supplies.?

?How are those coolant levels looking? We?re running behind schedule.?

?Tam, watch where you point that thing! If you shoot my transmission dish off again, I?m going to shoot you!?

Kyp could almost see the olive-skinned, endless-black eyed young man gulping, his hands recoiling off the turbolaser?s controls. His fingers flew over the controls of the Forceful Defiance , checking readouts and system diagnostics. ?Goddess, did you send out a notice to the Suns about rendezvous change??

?Yeah. Waiting on two replies, Dameon and Taleah.? He could hear the familiar preoccupied tone in her voice that meant she was messing with the controls on her x-wing. ?I gave the coordinates for Ziost along with a new secondary transponder signal to be broadcasting for ID.?

?Knowing Dameon and Ley, they?ll show up late, but together.? Kyp heard the others laugh over the commlinks, mostly because they all knew it was true. ?Out of curiosity, why Ziost?? He turned to key the coordinates into the Navicomp.

?It?s the best jump from where Master Skywalker thinks that?s where they have Jacen and Tenel Ka. ? Tahiri broke in as she passed him, bearing a stack of containers.

?What is all that?? Kyp wanted to know.

?Medical supplies.? Tahiri supplied, letting the stack slide to the deck with a thump. ?There?s more.? She pivoted and headed back down the ramp.

?Coolant levels looking good. Might wanna run her through a pre-start so I can check for leaks and chemical balances.?

Kyp nodded, forgetting the voice in his ear couldn?t see him. ?Sure thing.? He amended, punching in the control sequence for the pre-flight warm up.

?Zekk, I?m still getting an iffy read-out on that aft stabilizer. Can you check the secondary back-coupling?? Jaina?s half-attentive voice spoke into his ear.

?Are you about ready?? Master Skywalker came over the ground link on the comm.

?Almost.? Kyp replied. ?Tam? Alyres?? He spoke into his headset link to the belly gun turrets. ?How are you two coming? We?re about ready to jet out of here.?

There was no reply.

?Hey, Jamin!? Kyp purposefully shortened the younger man?s hyphenated surname. ?Wake up! We don?t have all day.?

There was a muffled thud, and the rustle of cloth, causing Kyp to turn his head to look back into the ship.

It was Tahiri, wearing a nauseated grimace.

?What?? He frowned at her.

?They?re, um, a little?? she shuddered. ?Busy.?

Kyp?s eyes widened appreciatively, then narrowed into a scowl. ?Not on my ship they aren?t.? He muttered, leaving the controls, stalking past Tahiri toward the belly guns.

Tahiri was shaking her head in disbelief. ?Who knew those two??

She winced at the mental image of the two timid Jedi being the ones to fire the menacing looking turbolasers that would protect the rest of them. She pushed the thought away, pressing one finger to her earpiece. ?As soon as I finish loading supplies, we should be good to go.?

?It is finished.? Tahiri turned around to see Illeysa Chuth?nar straightening, a large, neat stack of crates and storage containers stacked where there had been empty space moments before.

?Thanks.? Tahiri nodded.

The other woman?s face was inscrutable, but Tahiri thought she detected a hint of some emotion behind her dark eyes. ?It is nothing.? She said.

Tahiri suddenly understood why the woman looked so torn. ?Why aren?t you coming with us?? she asked carefully.

The woman shrugged, her dark hair rippling. ?I made a promise.? She said simply, turning to go.

Tahiri wondered if that promise had anything to do with the way the woman guarded the Solo children with almost ferocious loyalty, but she said nothing.

?All right, Master Skywalker, we are ready to go.? Kyp reentered the cockpit, lo

19. Smuggler_Shidakis

Jul 26, 2004
    ?No.? It was Tahiri?s quiet voice that broke the silence. ?It?s Tenel Ka.?

A very powerful line.

I loved the hustled tone of the post. Everyone sounded sort of hectic "Have we got this? Is this guy still AWOL?"

Cool. :D

20. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    Dunh, dunh, dunh! :eek:

21. Jedi_Whispers

Jedi_Whispers Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2004
    Wow...that was very powerful. I almost cried. *sniffle* Please, please, please don't kill Tenel Ka????

~*Whisper*~

22. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    great post,I as a fan of Tenel Ka I ask of you not to let her die,please

23. Jedi_Master_Mouf

Jedi_Master_Mouf Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2004
    awsome post, glad to have you back

24. pregnantpadme

Oct 25, 2004
    Thanks for the PM DOTF I'd have hated to miss this up lifting post!

Actually, I'm just mad that it's now a forgone conclussion that Tenel Ka is toast...

Please make it not that way. Doesn't Jacen deserve some happiness? Somewhere?

25. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    Alright Kyypie, go get 'em and bring 'em back!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.