Beyond After Forever: Not the way we planned it(J/K/J/TK/J/T/L/M/OCs) Link to sequel posted!!!! 2/20!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Daughterofflame, Sep 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. RevaDurron Force Ghost

star 5
    Interesting!

Yay Kyppie! [face_love] [face_love]
  2. Sekot_Seedship Jedi Knight

star 1
    Force, this is one excellant story! Not only that, the emotions given off by your writting are amazing, I felt the grimness, the happyness, and the frightfulness in the story!

Way to go DoF! here is my applause:
    =D= =D= =D= =D= =D=
  3. Myria Jedi Knight

star 1
  4. Daughterofflame Jedi Master

star 4
    Thank you's:

Smuggler_Shidakis I loved the hustled tone of the post. Everyone sounded sort of hectic "Have we got this? Is this guy still AWOL?" Cool. That has always been both most difficult and favorite parts to write in a fic. I'm always afraid I overdid it, but I love being able to picture all the chaos. :) Thanks for replying!

TahiriSoloFan :D

Jedi_Whispers Wow...that was very powerful. It was?? :eek: Cool. :D I almost cried. *sniffle* Please, please, please don't kill Tenel Ka???? Hmm... Still thinking on that one... [face_devil]

LoneRanger ¡Hola! Welcome to the thread! :) Hope to continue to see you around. :)

Jedi_Master_Mouf ¡Muchas gracias! It is very good to be back. :)

pregnantpadme So you're not a fan of killing Tenel Ka, huh? Don't worry. I'm not either. :D

AvenKiel That's the spirit! :D

RevaDurron New reader! :D Nice to have you aboard. :) Hope you've enjoyed the fic so far!

Sekot_Seedship New Reader!!!! I'm glad you've liked the fic so far. :) It's always good to hear I've still got some readers' attention. :D

Myria Just finished reading this story, and I love it. Glad to hear it! :D

I like the religious element that you are bringing in with Jacen and Tenel Ka. What is with Tk's tattoo? I'm glad you liked it. I think I may have lost some readers over that element, but it was I risk I knew I was taking. I meant to work a little more of it into the fic, but I never could make it fit in the places I wanted to. There will probably be more in the sequel, though. As for the tatoo.... That will come later. :)

Well, you've all been patient enough, so here's a new post!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

When the rescue came, Jacen was not expecting it.

He sat there, cradling Tenel Ka in his arms as her breathing became more and more labored, wishing she would stir so he could say goodbye.

Because goodbyes were all that was left. He had very little hope remaining in a happy return home; in hazy dreams of a perfect day and solemn promises; of laughing grey-eyed children running through the halls; of a couple, old, grey, and content.

He combed her hair with his rough, swollen fingers, her skin?s searing heat reminding him that even if the infection that had so obviously spread to her lungs didn?t kill her within the day, her internal temperature likely would.

Jacen could hear the voices in his head mocking him, for once again, he had let far too many things go unsaid. Had fate not given him a second chance the last time around? They had both somehow miraculously managed to survive the last war, and he had thrown away all the opportunities therein.

Had he snubbed his nose at God?

Part of him recoiled at that slip of unconscious thought. There was no higher power beyond the Force, and even if there was, it was definitely not one worth believing in.

Another, nearly-alien part of him, though, wished only that he had understood what Tenel Ka had been trying to tell him when he had mocked her faith.

He didn?t know if a god of any sort existed, In fact, he doubted it much, but if someone so wise and so close to him, someone he trusted as completely as he did Tenel Ka, believed in an almighty being, it did bring a new dimension to his struggle.

And it was just that. He felt as if two halves of his one whole being were wrestling with each other, viciously tearing at the other?s weaknesses. He wished one of them would simply win so the fight would end.

A muffled whump brought his inner war to a temporary but firm halt.

His eyes, unfocused from extreme hunger and dehydration, sought out the sound?s origin, as if he could see through walls.

In response to his thoughts, the noise, not nearly so muffled this time, repeated itself.

Jacen wondered if he had contracted Tenel Ka?s infection, and this was the sudden fever-induced delirium. In reali
  5. Jedi_Whispers Jedi Master

star 2
    Bravo!!!! =D=

They got rescued!!! Yes! That's fabulous!

Wonderful Job!

~*Whisper*~
  6. Smuggler_Shidakis Jedi Master

star 4
  7. mastersolo Jedi Knight

star 1
    Awesome! BTW, this is SilSolo, just forgot the password 'til I gave TFN the email to retrieve the one for my hitwoman sock.
  8. Jedi_Master_Mouf Jedi Master

star 3
    good post, enjoying this stuff very much, some hope at last for Jacen and Tenal Ka to get out alive
  9. Sekot_Seedship Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wonderful post Dof! =D=
    Jacen's feelings and the fight scene were beautifully done!

I look forward to the next Post.
  10. LoneRanger Jedi Knight

star 3
    awesome post...just wow..I'm speechless
  11. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Okay, I just read this whole thing. For some reason, I didn't remember anything at the beginning, but the nookie confusion was familiar. Hmm.

Anyway . . .

This story's amazing! When will there be more? I absolutely LOVE the K/J stuff!

Dana
  12. Daughterofflame Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow. :eek: Dana posted on my thread?

*dances jig of glee* The J/K goddess has graced me with her presence! :D

Glad you've liked the fic so far, Dana ! The K/J stuff in this fic is mostly a lead in to the main plot in the next part of the trilogy. Lol. This fic started out with the intention of being J/TK with a little K/J hinted at here and there. But the bunnies wouldn't leave me alone...

New post should be coming soon. I'm sick, and the campus nurse has given me a mandated of no more than 2 classes a day. :D I get to skip the classes I want to ! :D That, and I'm in a writing mood. :D

~*~Austyn
  13. pregnantpadme Jedi Master

star 4
    *gaps*

*puts fingertips to mouth in dramatic sign of disbelief*

I forgot to post after I read your update!

*slaps own wrist*

Bad knocked up Senator!

The update was superb! The defeated tone of Jacen's POV was so tragic...the only thing two things I can think of that would be worse is if Tenel Ka still dies, even though they've been rescued (like on a medical frigate or something) Or if Jacen doesn't finally tell her he's madly in love with her and get it on...so to speak.

Now; the only thing that could probably make me happier than J&TK getting together is if Tahiri found a nice boy, and by nice boy I mean human, unshaped, non YV...not a wookie or a falleen...an actual real life in the flesh non Force Projection Image homosapien male...who isn't a clone of someone else...or a cyborg...or a Chiss...

*pregnantpadme leans back in desk chair and dreams of the possibilities...*

Anyway...Great update Austyn, and thanks for the PM.

The Senator
  14. Daughterofflame Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, if your hopes for Tahiri are that specific, you might be disappointed. :p Sorry, but a plot bunny bit me a while back (like a year and a half ago) and I'm rabid! :D

~*~Austyn

Ps. New post coming soon!
  15. RevaDurron Force Ghost

star 5
    Nice! :)

Can't wait for you're next post. :*

Love it all! [face_love] :* [face_love]

-Becks-
  16. TahiriSoloFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Hurray! =D= I'm so glad the calvary has arrived! Jacen & TK were so pathetic! :_|
  17. Daughterofflame Jedi Master

star 4

FINAL POST!!!!!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------

?You?re awake.?

Jacen glanced up from the open datapad in his lap and offered a slight smile to his sister. ?Yeah. The side effects of that bantha-sized dose of whatever they gave me finally wore off.?

Jaina sat down beside the bed. ?If I were Tahiri??

?You?d tell me the drug name, manufacturer, dosage, side effects, and mode of administration, only she already has.? Jacen?s face lifted in a wry half-smile.

Jaina laughed with him. ?Come on, you gotta admit, for a little sister, she?s not half bad.?

Jacen nodded with another smile.

?What are you reading? Jaina asked, noticing the datapad. ?Please don?t tell me that?s Taan?s analysis. I?m going to lose my job if a non-combatant, recovering-POW reads the report before I do.?

Jacen chuckled, shaking his head. ?No, actually, it?s something of Tenel Ka?s."

Jaina frowned. ?A letter??

?Sorta.? Jacen shrugged. ?Have you ever heard her use the name ?Yeijion???

?A few times, yeah. Why??

?He?s the god of her faith.? Jacen explained. ?This is a book about it, I guess.?

Jaina eyed him, weighing her words carefully. ?Do you believe the same way she does??

Jacen paused, looking down at his hands. ?I don?t know.? He said honestly. ?Maybe.?

Jaina said nothing, but looked down and began fiddling with the small band on her finger.

?Jaina?? Jacen caught the movement, his eyes wide now as they fixed on the ring. ?Is that? When??

Jaina?s right hand moved to cover her left automatically. She looked up, a sheepish grin spreading over her face. ?Kyp asked right before we left. The ceremony?s in eleven days.?

Jacen smiled and squeezed her hand. ?I?m glad he?s made you happy. Are Mom and Dad coming??

Jaina nodded, still grinning. ?It took a while to convince Dad we weren?t pulling a trick on him, but he?s happy about it. Mom was the weird one.?

Jacen watched her. ?Was mom upset?? he asked, already knowing the answer.

Jaina grinned. ?That was the funny part. I expected her to be mad or something, but when answered the comm., she was smiling, and I think she already knew."

Jacen grinned. ?It?s Mom, Jaina. She knows everything.?

?For once, I?m inclined to believe you.? Kyp?s dry voice caused the twins to look up.

Jacen tilted her head back and smiled at him as he came to stand behind her, his hands on her shoulders.

?I take it she told you.? Kyp addressed Jacen with an unashamed grin.

Jacen chuckled. ?Actually, I noticed. I?m not blind, you know.?

Kyp laughed, squeezing Jaina?s shoulders. ?You?re aunt wants to see us. I think she?s going to go to give you some advice.?

?Ten ways to kick your husband where it really hurts.? Jacen quipped.

Kyp winced with a nervous laugh. ?Ouch.? He squinted one eye at Jaina. ?Maybe we shouldn?t go.?

Jaina laughed and murmured something in his ear with a sly grin.

Kyp?s eyes slowly widened with appreciation. ?Jacen, we?re going to leave you now. Hope you don?t mind.?
    Jacen could no longer contain his laughter as Kyp pulled Jaina out of the chair.

?Eat your gella. Drink your protein.? Kyp was propelling a laughing Jaina out the door. ?Get some rest. Go seem that girl of yours!?

Jacen was still laughing when they finally left.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Jacen wished the dripline hanger didn?t make so much noise. He was sure every medic in Eclipse could hear him every time he took a step as he inched down the hall.

Not that it mattered. If they wanted to know where he was, they would find out pretty easily. Silence wouldn?t change that much.

That was at least one of the troubles with Jedi: no privacy whatsoever.

He couldn?t believe how much effort it took to put one foot in front of the other. This was why it took months to relearn to walk. It was easy enough to think left, right, left, right, but making your feet do what your mind thought was quite a bit harder. He could see how the frustration could make you mad after a w
  18. Jedi_Whispers Jedi Master

star 2
    *sniff* That was so beautiful!!! :_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

I'm glad Jacen and TK are going to be married. They should have been married a long time ago.

That was wonderful, DOF. By any chance could the be an epilogue? If we really, really beg for onw per chance.

Once again, that was beautiful!

~*Whisper*~
  19. Smuggler_Shidakis Jedi Master

star 4
    AWWWWWW.

There was some BEAUTIFUL mush. Jacen and Tenel Ka's scene was absolutely beautiful.

Where are they going? [face_worried] I'll be waiting for the sequel to find out!

Great job, Austyn. I loved it!
  20. RevaDurron Force Ghost

star 5
    I loved it! :)

You did a good job with Tenel Ka and Jacen, not to mention that the J/K part was good.

I love J/K! [face_love] [face_love]

Post More! ;)

~RD~
  21. Jedi_Master_Mouf Jedi Master

star 3
    that was truly amazing, even though everything isn't perfect, well for Jacen and Tenal Ka it is because there together. but even though there not with the rest of their family's there happy. and Kyp and Jaina who ever thought it would be that simple?
  22. pregnantpadme Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They're together!

Jacen's proposal was beautiful.

The meanies are tracking his Force Signature? Huhm...I feel a Sequal in the future. That would make me happy. AFter all they had to go through...I'd love to see what you do with J&TK as a actual couple. ANd as parents.
  23. LoneRanger Jedi Knight

star 3
    absolutely magnificant =D= Loved the ending

Is there going to be a sequel?
  24. Daughterofflame Jedi Master

star 4
    The End

A/N following:

We've finally reached the end! Can you believe it?

There will be two sequels. The next one in the trilogy will focus more on Kyp and Jaina and what they are going to endure.

I've started writing this one already, but I would like to get several chapters into it before I begin posting. All likelihood, though you can expect the sequel to appear before the end of March, at the latest. :)

I've really enjoyed this fic. It's been so much fun to write, and you readers have made me feel like a true author.

I can't believe I actually finished a fic. :eek: The idea is simply so foreign, it's almost funny! I can't wait to get into the sequel.

I hope you all have enjoyed reading this fic as much as I have enjoyed writing. :) It's been great being able to interact with each one of you. :)

When I get the sequel up, I'll PM the link to all of you. Hope you enjoyed the ending. :)

~*~Austyn
  25. AvenKiel Jedi Master

star 4
    YES! THANK YOU!!

I looooovved it! *cyber hug*

That was so fantastically great, I loved it. Oops, I think I said taht already. I can't wait for the sequel!

Who's going to run Hapes while Tenel Ka's gone?

*smacks back of hand* I know I know, don't ask spoiler questions.

Yay!
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.