main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST After having seen ep7, is the consensus that Ren or Maul is more powerful?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Starwars Coffee, Dec 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Order 66

Order 66 Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 18, 2015

If there is one thing we have no doubt Maul has the upper hand at, it is having the most badass facial designs ever. ^:)^

Kiki-Gonn and Shaak Ti like this.
  2. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    I think it was either Ali or Tyson

3. Shaak Ti

Shaak Ti Jedi Master star 3

Dec 22, 2015
    Gimme maul in a duel, but Ren has the most strength with the force we have seen on screen. Only Vader rivals him, and only because oof the Tetimutis on Han's shots. No one else stops a laser in the air, or holds a person still, or does extensive invasive mind reading, or knocks people out with the force DIRECTLY (which may be easier, but would require more knowledge than asphyxiation or blunt force trauma), 0r force pushes someone around 30 feet away and into the air, with plenty of oomph left over. Hopefully Finn is FS and Rey is a trained prodigy who was mind wiped, because otherwise Ren is kinda the worst duelist we have seen yet, by quite a bit (you are not a duelist when it is your first day with a lightsaber, so Finn and Rey are not below him, because they are untrained with the choosen weapon).

4. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    Without any doubt Maul. ;)

5. Pancellor Chalpatine

Pancellor Chalpatine Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 5, 2015
    I put empire Vader at MUCH below Anakin from ROTS.I doubt Dooku or Maul would struggle to stop lasers.

Plus don't forget Rey is a noob , she doesn't know how to react to a force push and doesn't even have a force wall.

Dokku's feat of Pushing back the chosen one and his master in TCW, even a bit with their walls TOGETHER is a feat much more impressive,especially in the middle of combat. And it sent like 40 pikes flying back. Kylo force pushing a Rey who's been tortured and running around all day, with no force wall is not a feat at all. If he did that to say yoda or Obi-Wan, Yeah that'd be impressive. But not to someone who's known the force for an hour.

I think people over hype up Kylo's power. He's not fully trained. He just is special because he uses both the light and dark sides, which is unique. Snoke might be trying to make a new technique or something.

So lightsaber wise-Maul is faster,can block forces from multible people who are MUCh stronger physically and in trhe force. SO he's faster, stronger, more agile and more trained and skilled. Maul wins.

Force wise, he's had more experience, a better master. In the middle of combat after nearly the entire fight was over he disarmed Obi-Wan (Much stronger then Rey) and did so effortlessly. Maul's got more power, experience and self control. Maul wins this too.

Like I said before, Kylo MAY become stronger then Maul or Vader, but right now he's like season 1 Asoka Tano, accept MUCH more special as he's uses 2 types of the force. light and Dark. How strong he will be post training will be seen years from now. Perhaps he'll get something we've never seen that only a gray jedi can do.

6. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    After killing his father Han, I can never see him as a gray Jedi. He is dark and nothing will change this. ;)

7. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    I feel like Maul is clearly the better lightsaber duelist, at least right now. But, at least in TPM, we never see him do stuff with the Force that's all that impressive. Force jump. Force push, really basic stuff actually.

By comparison, Kylo froze a blaster bolt in mid-air, and could literally stop people from moving using the Force. Both of those seem much more impressive than what Maul did.

8. Sable de luz

Sable de luz Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 18, 2015
    Im kind of amazed about how many people said kylo...

Just try to imagine, for a sec, Kylo facing Qui Gon and Obi one.

9. Pancellor Chalpatine

Pancellor Chalpatine Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 5, 2015
    Well Snoke wants him for using BOTH the dark and the light, so he isn't jedi or sith or dark jedi, he's a new bread.

He's the male Kristen stewart with a silly lightsaber.

10. Colm

Colm Jedi Master star 2

May 19, 2005
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Sable de luz

Dec 18, 2015
    ahhh
    jedi master killing count 1

that summs it all.

DaveyWanKenobi likes this.
  12. LordTimCahill

LordTimCahill Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 13, 2015
    I don't even remember exactly who Darth Maul is.

13. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Right now? Maul but Kylo once VIII rolls around will be.

14. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Maul all the way until we see Ren develop more skills.

EternalHero likes this.
  15. Order 66

Dec 18, 2015
    This just about sums it up:

[​IMG]

16. Carth Solo

Carth Solo Jedi Youngling

Dec 24, 2015
    Right now, Darth Maul definitely and its not close in my opinion, but this is just the beginning of the new sequel trilogy and Ren has to complete his training, so that can change very soon as we see episodes VIII and IX.

17. NakkyGraphics

NakkyGraphics Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2015
    I hate when people say that Sidious was more powerful than Yoda. Watch the fight scene again and listen closely. Sidious tries to run away and Yoda says, "If so powerful you are, why leave?" Anyways here's my list

1.Luke
    2.Yoda
    3. Sidious
    4. Vader
    5. Windu
    6. Young Kenobi
    7. Anakin (before Vader)
    8.Dooku
    9.Maul
    10.Qui Gon
    11.Rey
    12.Ren

Many may disagree but we are all entitled to our opinion. Anyways people say that Sidious let Windu win so that Anakin could become stronger with the dark side. Which could be true. But Sidious seriously lost to Yoda and there was no plan for Anakin to come and save him

18. Iamnoone

Iamnoone Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 23, 2015
    Maul was 100% more powerful, we were supposed to be seeing Jedi & Sith close to their prime. Kylo Ren is an unfinished dark side user in an era of few Jedi/Sith

That said, Kylo Ren is a much better developed character. Maul was basically given 4 minutes screen time and then offed. No one cared.

DaveyWanKenobi likes this.
  19. Sable de luz

Dec 18, 2015
    vader is way to up in that list. Windu beasted Sidious.

Probably there should be dozens of jedis between quigon and rey

and houndreds of padawans and younglins between rey and the angry boy

20. Order 66

Dec 18, 2015
    The real question should be this: Mace Windu or Darth Maul? :p

If we're talking about knowledge of the force, then Yoda and Sidious are clearly on top of the list. But if we're talking about the best pure lightsaber duelists in the galaxy, then it's a little different.

1. Windu
    2. Maul
    3. Yoda
    4. Sidious
    5. Dooku
    6. Qui Gon
    7. Vader
    8. Young Kenobi
    9. Luke (in OT)
    10. Rey
    11. Ren

21. Sable de luz

Dec 18, 2015
    for me thats not question at all. mace kicked maul masters ass, according to lucas, in mauls speciallity: sabers duel.

but mace vs palp leads to offtopic, offtopic leads to thread being closed [face_plain]

Order 66 likes this.
  22. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    Kylo is certainly the more powerfully written character.

23. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Maul easily.

24. Sable de luz

Dec 18, 2015
    we have to point out, nevertheless that maul trainning was also not entirely done yet.

after all, he did show no lighting.

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    How?

Anyway I am saying Maul hands down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.