main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

After Legacy?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by nom_anor_no_more, Mar 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StaryKnight

StaryKnight Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2006
    Okay, that sounds promising. But you do know that when I said "central good guys" I was refering to Luke, Mara, Leia, Han, Lando, Kyp, Corran, R2, C-3P0, Saba, Lowie, Zekk, Tenel Ka, and all the rest of them don't you?

2. StaryKnight

Nov 12, 2006
    With or without any of the OT characters?

3. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    People do get ridiculous on these boards, so no. I do not want Dark Horse doing novels, 2) I hope that Del Rey gets the contract again and we see more novels in different eras, preferably in the KOTOR era, several good ones in the clone wars and of course the dark times. After LOTF, they should take a break from the big three after NJO time period. Let the Legacy comic book tell there story and then eventually, go back to adding that period between LOTF and Legacy. Make that the big super duper story, no punches pulled kind of stuff.

4. THRAWN007

THRAWN007 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 3, 2002
    With some of the OT characters like Luke as an aged Jedi Master in his seventies. I hope there will be more SW novels post-LOTF with Tim Zahn doing a post-LOTF novel with Luke,Mara and Ben if Luke is not killed off in Sacrifice. I personally hope he will be frozen in sacrifice,be forzen for a few years and be thawed out in a Zahn post-LOTF book where Mara and Ben journey to the Unknown Regions to resuce Luke.

I hope the first post-LOTF book will be out sometime in 2009 or 2010.

5. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    If Artoo is the Sacrifice, I am so done with SW. :p

6. StaryKnight

Nov 12, 2006
    That sounds nice, but what about the Solo's?

7. StaryKnight

Nov 12, 2006
    Not that killing a droid would qualify as a Sith sacrafice anyway, but I find it interesting how you would be alright with killing off the Grand Master of the Jedi but not a little astronomech that could easily be rebuilt if smashed or sliced. Not that I don't like Artoo mind you, I love the little guy, but you get the idea.

8. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    Puh-leez, it's Artoo's story more than it is Luke's.

Look back into the OT. Luke is nothing (certainly nothing exciting) without Artoo. He would've been a pile of debris fused to the trench wall if Artoo hadn't locked down that stabilizer. He would've been farming moisture on Tatooine until the day he died if not for Artoo, and he certainly never would've started or finished his Jedi training without Artoo. He couldn't have saved Han without Artoo. An ImpStar's Tractor Beam would've been quick to pick them up as they were attempting to escape Bespin if Artoo hadn't bravely sliced the information from the Cloud City Computers and then reactivated the hyperdrive.

I won't even go into his PT heroics.

Luke's one theophilosophical triumph in ROTJ and his lucky shot in ANH are mere child's play compared to R2-D2's near-constant heroism.

And that's why the death of one tiny little astromech -> the death of SW

9. Randy1012

Randy1012 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 26, 2007
    Let's not forget that Luke would have been screwed on Tatooine if R2-D2 hadn't been kind enough to smuggle his lightsaber into Jabba's palace for him. :p

10. Darth_Shpydar

Darth_Shpydar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 31, 2006
    My mistake, then. :oops: Wasn't DH owned by or a publishing-partner of DC (or something like that) at some point in its life-span? Or perhaps i'm thinking of another indy publisher and confusing the two in my mind. I've been a comic fan since the 80s, and there's been so many smaller "non-Big 2" companies during that time i may just be mixing things up in my head. :confused:

11. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    I lumped that all under "Saving Han"

12. ATimson

ATimson Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 19, 2003
    You are, in fact, grossly mistaken.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.