main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

after LOTF whats next?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by darth187, Jun 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Furyan_Jedi_13

Furyan_Jedi_13 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 6, 2007
    As for what they should do next? Hm, bringing back Anakin Solo is a little late by now, and rebooting to before the NJO doesn´t work, because of Legacy.

I still think it's possible. But then, I'm probably being either overly-optimistic, desperate, or who knows what!

But yeah, it could still be possible to tie it in to the comics somehow. I think. I hope.

Legacy is the best thing to happen to Star Wars since the Thrawn Trilogy IMHO.

Legacy, the KOTOR games, and the KOTOR comics completely pwn The Thrawn Trilogy.

Nope.

Until someone can show me that Legacy and KOTOR have saved a license that was knocking on deaths door, they will never be as important or as special as The Thrawn Trilogy.

Well, the KOTOR games were fantastic beyond all measurement (at least according to me), but in regards to the SW license knocking on death's door, all I can say is that I finally understand why my brother stopped reading the EU a long time ago.

But seriously, the Thrawn trilogy was awesome! It set the stage for the entire post-ROTJ EU! I'm just annoyed that Del Rey chose to stuff it up!

2. darth187

darth187 Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2008
    I agree with mostly everything vong 333 said above. I think the problem gerorge lucas and del ray, dark horse have had with star wars is how they tell the story.

they write stories in the future and that limits what they can achieve. like ideally edisode 123 suffered because of this as does the clone wars and live action because you knosw nopthing major can happen.

to the person who dsiad they can undersatnd why there brother stopped readinEU, i can too. i hope i read it forever though

3. Furyan_Jedi_13

May 6, 2007
    Yeah, that was me. My brother first read the Thrawn trilogy, and I was intrigued by the idea. I liked that Han and Leia were married and expecting twins. And I find it upsetting that this has been effectively destroyed by Del Rey.

I also loved the YJK series, and what happened to them all in NJO was an absolute tragedy, in my opinion.

My bro stopped reading because he felt that they took it a bit too far. Now he doesn't really care about Star Wars at all. And when I told him about the plot for LOTF, his expression clearly read "WTF?!"

So, yeah, I understand his reasons now. I used to love the EU, but it's too depressing now.

4. Kol_Skywalker

Kol_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2006
    Is there an existing discussion thread on this upcoming novel?

5. Kyp

Kyp Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    They've killed the EU.

Legacy, Legacy of the Force.

I wish we could erase those two.

6. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    [face_plain]

I don't care if you hate on LOTF, but Legacy is boss in my book.

7. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    Shouldn't be, considering that information about it is full of spoilers about Invincible. It has been talked about in the main Invincible thread and in some of the authorized spoiler threads.

8. Kol_Skywalker

Kol_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2006
    Ahh... didn't realize it contained spoilers. I haven't even read Invincible yet myself! ;)

9. Kyp

Kyp Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    I haven't read a single one of the comics. I don't read comics. Star Wars EU has always been about books for me, with the comics/games acting as sidekicks. That's how I've always seen it.

Comics set that much into the future with no Han/Leia/Luke.. not my fill of Star Wars.

10. Rouge77

May 11, 2005
    Luke makes the occasional guest appearance as a Force Ghost, but why he bothers - except to lure in new readers;) - considering his descendant Cade's reactions, I don't know.

11. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    Actually, there is an existing thread, because the existence of the novel was known before the blurb in the back of Invincible. You can join the ongoing discussion here. :)

- Keralys

12. Rouge77

May 11, 2005
    I forgot about that.:oops:[face_blush]

EDIT::oops: again...

13. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    To each his own, but since you haven't read it, don't dog it.

14. Valhoun

Valhoun Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2008
    That would be a great idea for a series of novels... Master/Knight and Knight/Padawan pairings were the novels could even be standalone stories. Sure, various pairings could still work together and characters could make cameos but the focus would be on the two Jedi protagonists of each story. With such horrific conflicts, the every day Jedi actions have been lost in the fold. Such a series of books would be a refreshing change of pace and would simply have the "feel" of SW.

15. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    I got it: Ben finds out that the real Anakin Solo and Jacen Solo are beiing held captive by Vongerella.

16. Rouge77

May 11, 2005
    I hope so.;)

17. jaded_jewel

jaded_jewel Guest

I would like to see some filler novels. For instance, we don't know what happens between Union and the NJO. We have a whole, what, 6 years between DNT and LotF that haven't been expanded on, and isn't there a year or so between the Corellian triology and The Hand of Thrawn Duology? I don't know about you guys but there is so many possiblities with any of the characters in these eras. (L/M, H/L, the Solo kids, Ben, Corran and the rogues) The list goes on and on.

18. Furyan_Jedi_13

May 6, 2007
    They've killed the EU.

Legacy, Legacy of the Force.

I wish we could erase those two.

I feel your pain buddy! I wish we could erase the NJO as well, as from the beginning they either altered or simply ignored my favourite YJK characters.

Basically, I would erase everything that happened from 25 ABY onwards.

I don't care if you hate on LOTF, but Legacy is boss in my book.

Although, in spite of my previous comment, I am willing to give the Legacy comics a chance. I still haven't read them, but I feel strangely easy towards it. (Is "easy" the right word? I'm not too sure.)

Although I AM irritated by the way both fans and authors try to tie the events of LOTF in to it, and they do so rather sloppily.

So yeah, erase everything that Del Rey made, at least.

But I guess all I can say is good luck getting that to happen.[face_frustrated]

And like I said, I finally understand completely why my older brother stopped reading the EU a LONG time ago. They just took it a little too far. I guess LOTF was just the final nail in the coffin, so to speak.

19. Sabrajaguar

Sabrajaguar Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 22, 2001
    And they Get resuced by Tenel ka

Jacen Solo: Uncle Luke?mom? dad? thanks a LOAD! myone armed girlfriend figurd it out will you idiotshad your lightsabers up your exhastpots! And give me Back my DAUGHTER! your awful parents! your not kriffing up a 4th kid!

20. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    We kinda do. ;)

21. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    Tenel Ka versus Vongerella= pure 100% awesomeness

And to have Tenel Ka be the big hero and save the guys would be great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.