main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

After New Jedi Order, do you think they should make a all new alternitve Star Wars galaxy?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by MASTERJEDICALRISSIAN, Dec 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MASTERJEDICALRISSIAN

MASTERJEDICALRISSIAN Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    All those hardcore SW fans out there know that the SW galaxy's heroes are starting to get up there in age. If they do decide to go on after NJO it won't be that interesting anymore and I think that's something we all could agree on! I think they should make a whole new alternitive galaxy so the charaters can be in thier prime once again. There could also be alot of new diffrent story plots, and maybe some characters who died would live in this alternitive time. I think it's a great idea to start over!

2. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Ugh, I won't buy AU at all...

Besides, LFL has already made some Alternate Universe series, that fall under the Infinities lines of comics.

3. SirLancelot

SirLancelot Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2002
    what val said

next i want to see books and or comics set in the far future

4. MASTERJEDICALRISSIAN

MASTERJEDICALRISSIAN Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    I think I'm mistaking some people. What I mean is forgetting about this whole storyline of Star Wars and making a whole new one. There all ready may be a alternitive time, but I'm talking about one big alternitive galaxy.

5. New_York_Jedi

New_York_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Mar 16, 2002
    nope, keep the same one, its good... :)

6. SirLancelot

SirLancelot Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2002
    and i am saying that it is a bad idea to have an EU and an AU, leads to confusion and would lead to endless battles over whbo is right and wrong

7. GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE

GRANDADMIRALAXLROSE Jedi Knight star 7

May 8, 2002
    Del Rey and lucasfilm limited would never ok an "erasing" of the current novels and/or comics. They would lose more money than it would make.

Axl.

8. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    nope, no need for an Alternate universe.......

That's what fanfic is for. 8-}

9. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    No, it would cause too many headaches. They should stick to one continuity.

10. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
    Alternate universes are what lead to serious continuity headaches for DC Comics, leading to a reorginzation in the "Crisis on Infinte Earths" maxi-series. They still have lots of errors, despite may streamlining attempts. Just that reason alone is enough for me to not like the idea of an AU.

11. Coota

Coota Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2002
    I don't know; X-Men's new reimagining in X-Men: Evolution has worked out pretty darn well. I think starting from scratch might actually work, especially if, after Episode III, Lucas has some time on his hands and actually takes an active hand in the direction of the books. Maybe he *can't* direct three new movies set after RoTJ but maybe he *can* direct a new book series based on his ideas for those "after" movies.

12. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    No. There are plenty of opportunities for these kinds of stories in the existing EU, there's no point in creating a whole new alternate continuity.

TC

13. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    If they do decide to go on after NJO it won't be that interesting anymore and I think that's something we all could agree on!

You may feel that way, but obviously we can not all agree with that sentiment. Pulling an alternate reality in order to start over is not as intresting as going on while at the same time saying "this is what could have happened if." There's still plenty of intresting story lines out there for after the NJO to continue on.

14. starwars6554

starwars6554 Jedi Master star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    They should go way into the future. Like 1,000 years after the NJO. New characters, new stories, they could have a completely clean slate where GL wouldn't have any restrictions on who can die and who cant't.

I've been writing a fan fic where it's set in that time, and the Jedi are all but extinct, and the exploits of the fab 3 are the stuff of myths. Luke is actually a story that parents' use to scare their children into being bad, or else "Luke Skywalker will come and get you! :p

But that would be interesting in my opinon.

15. AnddreWicha

AnddreWicha Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 1, 2001
    I had better get my say in here......

Nope that idea is not for me. The only books I read are Star Wars books. I have no need for anything else. and I think there are many many storylines that can be followed post-NJO.

16. Azzgunther

Azzgunther Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    [conan o'brian] The future starwars6554? [/conan o'brian]

Personally...I'd be more than satisfied if they continued on from after the fall of the Vong. I mean...imagine:

"The galaxy was just invaded and devastated by a fanatical extragalactic alien race...many planets are left in ruins...a great deal of the New Republic's government was killed...

Here continues the story of the newly emerged hereos, and the old legends as they face the trials of rebuilding a galaxy, and dealing with the opportunistic Ssi-Ruuk who have a score to settle. The saga continues..."

17. Rogue_Starbuck

Rogue_Starbuck Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2000
    Yeah, no. No I don't think they should. It's fine as it is, IMO. :)

R.

18. starwars6554

starwars6554 Jedi Master star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Azzgunther - ?[face_plain]

I don't get the Conan O'brien thingy ?[face_plain]

19. Coota

Coota Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2002
    I'd be fine if they continued for a hundred plus years after NJO; I just think that if George Lucas ever got around to actually participating actively in the EU, and decided he wanted to personally create his own post-ROTJ EU completely different than the current EU, *I'd* want to read it.

20. WMCoolmon

WMCoolmon Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    I just think that if George Lucas ever got around to actually participating actively in the EU, and decided he wanted to personally create his own post-ROTJ EU completely different than the current EU, *I'd* want to read it.
    Ditto :)

21. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    1000+ years after the NJO isn't such a bad idea...the Tales of the Jedi stories are set up to 5000 years before the films, aren't they?

However, I think if anything like that was going to be started, it should wait until after the NJO - to see if the Jedi win, or the Vong take over - so that they'll be able to craft a future based on that outcome.

22. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    YES

I used to hate the idea. Then I started reading the Ultimate Marvel universe.

Infinities isnt an alternative SW galaxy. It is many alternate tales. Completely different.

And to those saying it is confusing, it isnt. Let's see whats in the Ultimate Universe:

ULTIMATE Spiderman
    ULTIMATE Teamups
    ULTIMATE Daredevil & ELektra
    The ULTIMATEs
    ULTIMATE X-Men

and so on. Is that really confusing? The word Ultimate says it is in the ultimate universe. No difference from how you know a books in the NJO, if not easier.

And it would do well. You know the other month, 8/14 of the top selling comics were in the various Ultimate series?

Keep doing the original universe, fine. But set a time to start (End of ROTJ maybe?) and make your new books. Give a subheading, and let rip. Watch the fun begin.

23. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Humm, I would like to see an Alternate line, I suppose, but if that occurs, I hope the non-Alternate would continue.

24. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Oh yeah, that'd be my hope too :)

25. IkritMan

IkritMan Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 11, 2002
    Three letters:

N
    O

and

Y