main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

After NJO, is it finally time for other jedi to start their own academies?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by loontexas, Dec 21, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loontexas

loontexas Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2001

i think the time of the new republic will be looked at by future jedi as the time of the 'skywalker order'.

so after NJO, seeing that the new republic will be completly re-done, will it be time for some of the other masters to stat their own schools of jedi?

i came up with this idea when i started thinking about correllian jedi and their infamy throughout the galaxy. maybe corran could start a 'Halcyon Academy' at correllia or something. feasable?

2. JediPatrick

JediPatrick Jedi Youngling

Dec 16, 2001
    Thats a pretty stupid idea for every jedi with a little pwer to start thier onjedi acadamy, nd what ae you tlking about the infam of the corellian jedi throughout te galaxy lasttime i checked corellion jedi barely ever left corellia so most of them probaly wouldnt even be known outside of the corellian system.

3. tanjokabri

tanjokabri Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2001
    i don't think that a single jedi can start his/her own academy...you can see that before the jedi purge, there were many jedi at each academy...the only reason luke had his own academy was becuz he was the only jedi around...and as more jedi came up through the ranks, they helped lead the academy...

so if another academy is started, i would think it would just be one or two, and it wouldn't be a particular jedi's academy, it would just be another jedi academy led by a group of jedi...

darn it, i'm no good at expressing my views...hopefully you get what i'm trying to say!

4. loontexas

loontexas Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2001

it says in I,Jedi that correllian jedi were well known throught the galaxy, and yes, they didnt leave their system. that implies that most were trained there.

and its not a matter of power, its that the masters, who have reached the level of knowledge that they can train could go off and start their own schools.

we already know that its bad news to have all your jedi in one place training, because its so easy to attack them and get rid of so many at once. also, they could increase their numbers and train more efficiently if they spread out.

a lot of people where asking what if they start a new council, but what use would a council be if they are all basically trained the same way from the same school? there would be litle diversity, and luke would end up reigning as 'supreme jedi' or whatever (pretty much as it is now).

jedi who have different aspects on the force lke corran and kyp should be able to teach their way, rather than having all jedi basically be skywalker clones.

5. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    I think Jedi training needs to have one central location, or else you'll have various Jedi starting different schools of Jedi, which will have conflicting views on how to use the Force, and it probably won't turn out so well.

6. Dev Sibwarra

Dev Sibwarra Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 1999
    It could work- it might give Jedi who grow tired of Luke's teachings an alternative to the Dark Side. However, there should still be a Jedi Council to provide central control.

7. Tsavong_Lah

Tsavong_Lah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 29, 2001
    Of course its a good Idea!

First, it would really make sure there is never a "shortage" of Jedi when the Galaxy needs them. And Just because Luke, Kam, or Tionne isn't the Teacher that doesn't mean the other Jedi suck at it.

Second there were many other Jedi Academies in the Prequel Era, just look at the "Living Force" RPG sourcebook. It talks about one in the Cularin system.

And Third there were hundreds/thousands of different teachers back then. The basic Master/Padawan system!

And there are benefits to this. You have students learning from different types of personalities and "operating styles", this basically helps keep the Jedi from becoming drones that all think and act the sameway to a certain situation (everyone wouldn't think "What would Yoda say" all the time). It keeps the Jedi way from becoming old and archaic, by helping introduce new ways of thinking. Like How Qui-Gon didn't agree with Yoda on some things, and had his own way of doing things.

8. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

When Darth Bane instituted the 'Rule of Two' did this or does this apply to the Jedi as well (were the Jedi already using it, adopted it later)? I mean, can a Jedi Master have as many padawans as they feel they can handle? Or are they restricted as well?

9. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    We are already starting to see other Jedi trained outside of Luke?s system. The Wild Knights where a great Example. There where 3 Jedi not trained in Luke's Academy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.