main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

After NJO...

Discussion in 'Literature' started by slimybug, Jun 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slimybug

slimybug Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2001
    We've got too many "After the NJO" threads about. I suggest finding one of the other threads and going there.

Look, I know that we got this Troy Denning trilogy coming out, but I want to talk about something else. Someone mentioned that the galaxy should get some rest after being in contiuous war since Geonosis. I wholeheartedly agree. But that makes for another great opportunity for a great new series. check it out:

It is thirty years since the Emperor was kiled, twenty five years since Jacen and Jaina Solo were born. Years since the end of the Yhuzzon vong war. The galaxy is finally in peace after decades of war. But even in periods of peace, threats are always present. There are a certain order of people who have devoted their lives to keeping peace and order in the galaxy. These are the Jedi knights. And whenever a threat to the safety of the republic is made, the Jedi Council sends their best knights to do the job. And when the galaxys in trouble...When hope seems gone...You can still depend on one man...

Solo...

Jacen Solo.

Well, whatd'yall think? now obviously, it shuldn't have those Jemes Bond cliches near the end, but I just added them in for fun. But what do you really think of a series of Jacen solo, Jedi Knight, each book racing of against some evil scheme, never the same villain or threat, always something new. Just like James Bond, or Indiana Jones. Or Jack Ryan, or Charlie's Angels, or Alias. Or Dirk Pitt, or Mission: Impossible. Only in the Star Wars universe.

2. Brett_Bass

Brett_Bass Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2003
    I honestly detest Jacen Solo.

3. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Jacen? No, I don't think so.

4. Brett_Bass

Apr 22, 2003
    Jacen's idea of 'playing James Bond' would be to contemplate a border dispute, and then get sad when it errupts into a shooting conflict.

Jacen is a whiny, condecending little hypocrite. I would not read any book(s) specifically about him.

5. -Ace-

-Ace- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2002
    Anyone but Jacen. He would be to concerned with the morals of sleeping with a woman to do anything to stop the bad guy. You would need someone more proactive like Anakin or Poochie ;)

6. JansonYellowAces

JansonYellowAces Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2002
    As long as its not the other Solo Twin. Can you be much more of a (Expletive Deleted) then she is? Kill all the Vong. Vaped another skip. Sword of the Jedi this.

I would read a Jacen Solo novel, if Matt Stover wrote it bonus, he pulls of Jacen perfect. With Stovers love for the blood I'm sure that would turn into a philosophical Rambo, instead of a James Bond

7. YVH-11A

YVH-11A Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2002
    Oh man.. a Matt Stover trilogy on Jacen Solo, after the NJO?

That's like the best thing that could happen to Star Wars. Traitor was awesome. Shatterpoint was awesome. Heroes Die and Blade of Tyshalle are two of my favorite books ever.

Now that is what I'd like to see.

8. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    Aren't there already at least half a dozen post NJO threads that have been recently started?!?

9. Brett_Bass

Apr 22, 2003
    Yes. This one is apparently the dozen-and-first.

10. Sjorensly

Sjorensly Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 15, 2001
    I don't know, maybe it's because I'm a book or two behind, but where exactly are we on the Vong invasion....

You think it's gonna just go away like that?

The NJO is Basically the center point of the Vong threat.... people don't pray for it to leave...

11. russelguppy

russelguppy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2002
    Come here to discuss all your NJO needs, at least then they'll all be in the one place!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.