main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST After ROTJ and Before Episode 7

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Ubraniff Zalkaz, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    We had the clone wars tv series and now rebels, do you think we might see a tv series that focuses on what happened after ROTJ and before episode 7?

Not exactly sure what section this should be in and mods feel free to move to a better spot if you want to.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    TV series after Rebels finishes, damn skippy! Novels and comics should constrain themselves to the fringe ends of each movie (close after Ep 6 close before/after Ep. 7) so there'd be a decades-spanning era to play with. I was actually thinking the TV series was going to be post ROTJ before Rebels got announced.

3. SithPug

SithPug Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 18, 2014
    Yeah, I think it's a pretty good assumption to think the next animated series we get after Rebels is set between VI and VII.

4. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    Absolutely we will get a cartoon to fill that void in time. Its a huge time frame to play with that stars all our favorite OT characters in there primes.

5. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
    Who said it would be an animated series? It has been reported that Lucasfilm has multiple live action TV series in development

6. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Agents of Imperial Intelligence ;)

7. Twwwon

Twwwon Jedi Padawan

May 7, 2014
    I think that it's more likely that there will be a series set after VII which ties into the new trilogy, like how Clone Wars (the original one) led into Episode III. A post ROTJ show would be awesome, though. They might even be able to get Mark, Carrie, and Harrison to voice themselves in a special or something

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  8. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    They will fill the gaps with comic strips placed on the back of select cereal boxes.

9. Redimet

Mar 2, 2014
    They can't do the series live action because the actors are to old.

JediFan215 and SithPug like this.
  10. SithPug

SithPug Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 18, 2014
    Because an animated series means you can have Luke, Leia and Han in it.

11. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    I can see that. Disney might want to focus on the ST and the new characters. I would just love to see Han, Luke, and Leia right after ROTJ. Either way, the more Star Wars the better.

Twwwon likes this.
  12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I am quite impressed that they are going to use traditional animation techniques.
    This looks sooooo good!
    [​IMG]

13. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
    Very true. But the series does not have to include Han, Luke, and Leia for all we know. Even if it does, they could recast.

Lurknomore likes this.
  14. Redimet

Mar 2, 2014
    Um after ROTJ it should and I would want to guess who could show up in that cartoon? THRAWN!

15. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001

I definitely think that after Episode VII comes out, we *will* get books and probably an animated TV show about what happened to the characters and in the galaxy between the trilogies. However, if Luke *does* end up being a hermit and no one knows where he is for 30 years as some of the rumors claim, then there won't be many stories to write about. There won't be any stories about Luke, and since he's the only Jedi at that time, there won't be any Force usage. If he hasn't trained Jedi, the stories can't involve Jedi either. So, the stories would be rather bland and uninteresting for SW stories, I think. So, I really hope those rumors are wrong.

JediFan215 and Claire1976 like this.
  16. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    Sort of like this, but with lightsabers?

17. Redimet

Mar 2, 2014
    Just because he went off doesn't mean nothing happened to him and who says right after ROTJ he went off it might have been a few years and then he did that or ten or even twenty years plenty of time to do a show and tell stories.

18. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Even a whole cartoon series can't possibly cover 30 years. There is plenty of time for comics and novels, too. Just make them cover different portions of the 30 years. It's not like the Clone Wars era, where there are only 3 years to play in so everything gets jumbled together. 30 years is a huge span of time, so there is no reason that they cannot fit lots of story into it. Even 6 seasons of TCW didn't cover more than 3 years; if they did a post-ROTJ TV show I'd assume it'd be about the same (only maybe more time skips, so it could cover 6-10 years). That still leaves 20+ years for comics and novels to cover.

19. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Nah it'll be fan fiction that you can find on Facebook.

20. Redimet

Mar 2, 2014
    Don't mean to kick a dead horse but something to do with Heir to the Empire for the cartoon?

Revanfan1 likes this.
  21. David N.Quire

David N.Quire Jedi Youngling

Jul 7, 2014
    I'm sure Disney is already working on a project to fill in the gap...

Redimet, Darth Rycbar and DarthIshyZ like this.
  22. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002

A series without Jedi would be fine. And the Force is always going to be there. Jedi and Sith don't NEED to be in a Star Wars story.

I was always more interested in the starships, technology, aliens and strange planets. The Force stuff was just "there". If it wasn't there, I really wouldn't mind.

Twwwon and darklordoftech like this.
  23. Redimet

Mar 2, 2014
    Well what would the show be about if not the main gang the adventures of retired and rouge Admiral Ackbar?

[​IMG]

24. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    That picture is awesome.

25. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    "Yeargh me belly can't handle a bottle of rum of this magnitude!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.