main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST After ROTJ and Before Episode 7

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Ubraniff Zalkaz, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    Your tongues can't repel flavor of that magnitude!

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Wow Admiral Ackbar Cereal!

3. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
  4. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    a show about Prune face?

5. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    Loki41872 :
    What's the point in having the "force always be there" if no one can USE it???? The Force and the Jedi are what make Star Wars unique. Without them, you just have a generic sci-fi/war story. You don't really have "Star Wars".

We're talking about 30 years of stories between RotJ and Episode VII. If there are no Jedi in those stories and no Force usage, I'm pretty sure that readers/TV watchers aren't going to be happy, interested, or excited for very long. The novelty will wear off pretty quickly if you don't have any Jedi or force usage in any of the books. You can do some stories without Jedi and the Force in the SW universe... the X-wing series, for example. However, even in that series, the main character ended up being a Jedi...

6. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Okay, so plots that would be interesting (to me) during the 30 year gap:

1) Luke's Jedi quest in far flung regions of space
    2) A cold war period between the Republic and Imperial Remnant, with proxy wars
    3) Stories about how the Sith or Inquisitors might survive
    4) Mandalorian conflict
    5) Han and Leia leading the Republic and military

what else?

7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    30 years of stories? Bring it on!

Revanfan1 and Dra--- like this.
  8. DARTHKANISS

DARTHKANISS Jedi Grand Master star 1

Sep 8, 2004
    Ill take anything...

9. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    A new X-wing series? It'd be a dream come true! Let's go with...say...JJM writing it, maybe?

10. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    This needs to happen.

11. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i want the live action "underworld" show. they can put that in any time period. there's always crime.

ForgottennJedi1986 likes this.
  12. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Is he still writing nowadays? I know he was working on a few comics.

13. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Bounty hunters! Lots of bounty hunters!

Dra--- and Force Smuggler like this.
  14. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    Big 'ol huge heck yea to this idea!

15. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001

It's not rum but highly fermented Blue Milk. [face_sick]

Redimet and Dra--- like this.
  16. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    Daisy, John, Oscar and whoever origin stories. What were they doing and where did they come from before Ep VII?

Dra--- likes this.
  17. markdeez

markdeez Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2005
    The more Star Wars, the better!

Dra--- likes this.
  18. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I'm definitely, definitely interested in getting a detailed look at the intervening 30-35 years between Episodes VI and VII.

I cannot wait for the new canon novels which detail this time period, and I'd love a standalone film, live action show, animated series, or any combination of the three, set during this period.

One of the biggest reasons for my intense interest in anything set in his time is, of course, the chance to see the Big 3 in a series of advenntures set a few years (rather than decades) after the events of ROTJ. A film or TV show could pick up the trail maybe 5 or 10 years hence, and give us all the story that, as a kid, I figured was one day coming. You know, the ST that could have been, had it been produced c. 1989/90 (gosh, I wish we could have had that one!).

I mean, how great would that be? The chance to see how the Empire dealt with the turn of events in the immediate aftermath of the deaths of the Emperor and Vader? Was there some charismatic and talented Imperial who rallied the forces of the Empire (as in the novels), or did the whole system come crashing down?

How about how the Alliance went about capitalizing on their big score? How did they eventually take Coruscant? For that matter, were they ever even able to secure the Core systems at all?

Was there still much warfare to be waged out in the open after ROTJ, or was it strictly war by proxy? Did systems rise up by the thousands to defend the Empire from those rebel terrorists, or were they inspired to join the Alliance and fight for the freedoms of the disaffected? What kinds of political upheaval did the GFFA face?

And what about the underground? There must have been quite the power vacuum in the wake of Jabba's demise. And whatever happened to Fett? Did he ever make his way out of the belly of the beast alive, or was his fate sealed?

I'm interested in all of these things, but I can't deny that my biggest questions concern the heroes. How did Luke internalize all which had happened between he and his father? And how did Luke go about his quest to personal Mastery and the restoration of the Jedi Order? These are the big ones for me.

And on an even more personal level, did Luke ever fall in love? Did he ever have a child of his own? I'd like to think so, but either way, I'd like to see that story told, too.

And what about Leia? Han? Did Leia begin training in the Force, stay involved in her vital political role, or both? Did Han continue with a military career, or resign his commission following Endor? Were the couple married? Did they have any children at this time?

I know that a lot of these questions can be answered in the ST we are getting, but more than a simple "yes" or "no," we could see how the answers to all of our questions were developed over time. Story-wise, there's so much fertile ground to explore, and considering the large gap between trilogies, so much room to work with. I just can't see how Disney/Lucasfilm could not want to capitalize on the period?

I suppose the natural question to ask is "live action or animated?" Myself, when there's the option, I generally prefer real flesh and blood actors, but of course, in this case, there's a rub. In order to tell any story in a live action format (and still focus on the OT heroes), you'd almost certainly need to recast. Am I over the moon about seeing anyone but Mark Hamill in the role of Luke Skywalker? No, I can't say that I am. But could I learn to live with it if it meant having these stories told? Yes, I believe that I could.

But that said, I wouldn't balk at seeing these new stories brought to life via animation, either. Lucasfilm have produced some splendid SW animation over the years, and if they were to go this route, we could all still have Luke, Leia, Han and all of the rest without the need to adjust to new faces. Not only that, but Mark and Carrie have proven themselves wonderful at bringing other characters to life with their voice acting talents. Maybe they'd consider voicing their most iconic characters, too?

I'd take that in a New York minute!

19. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    I would love a live action series "Rouge Squaldron " set either immediately before ANH or between ESB and ROTJ, so you can avoid a recast of Luke. Wedge should be recast because the actor is an arrogant, thankless *BEEEEP*

20. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
    Thrawn, Akbar, Boba Fett, Wedge... Imperial loyalists on the run. Boba's escape from the Sarlacc. The battle for Coruscant. Tie Interceptors battling A & B-Wings. YES PLEASE. Plenty of stories yet to tell.

21. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Has JJ even confirmed that Thrawn was a character within the last 30 years after ROTJ?

22. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    If there is ANYTHING they pull from the EU Legends to use, I would hope it's Thrawn. A brilliant leader, tactician, and Lead Badguy who didn't use the force in any way, now THAT was refreshing. Just leave out the salamanders.

Revanfan1, Redimet, mcgo and 2 others like this.
  23. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I know nothing about the salamanders?

24. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Where did he and his two friends go after the shuttle landed on Endor?:confused:

Redimet likes this.
  25. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    They were tragically erased from the continuity.

Redimet likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.