main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST After ROTJ and Before Episode 7

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Ubraniff Zalkaz, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I think a new X-wing series would be amazing, a smuggler story here and there would be fine...but I don't necessarily want a whole thirty years' worth of just those stories. We need a good number of stories with Luke, Han, and Leia, too. Maybe one or two Kyle Katarn-esque characters who end up learning the ways of the Force on their own, and the story isn't directly tied to the main story until after VII, or something.

2. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Disney can make more money if that void is filled with literature instead of a TV series (little profit margins methinks). If they start down the literature road and eventually decide on a series they will have to tread carefully so as to not have the post-ROTJ series contradict the new EU.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    I always thought a star wars show that featured different characters and stories and places each week or whatever would be cool, Star wars Tales-ish

4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    That would be interesting.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  5. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    Odolwa:
    Sure, but again, if there are no Jedi and there is no Force usage for over 25 years of story-telling, I wouldn't really feel that I was reading or seeing SW stories. Sprinkling stories about all different kinds of characters between "mainline SW stories" that involve Jedi and the Force would be fine and add variety. However, having ONLY those kinds of stories because Luke was missing for 25 years or more and there were no other Jedi in the galaxy, would be disappointing and frankly, boring pretty quickly, in my opinion. ​

"There is no passion…there is solely obsession.

6. Odolwa

Nov 12, 2013
    Oh, I wasn't meaning it had to be set in that timeline. But i agree with you, I'm all about the Jedi and Sith and the force.
    If they made a show with different stories though, I wouldn't be opposed to each story being in a different time either, Could get into jedi adventures one week, sith the next, underworld stuff after, etc. Quantum leap style. Could end up confusing though. but eh.

7. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    Didn't TCW already kind of do this?

mratm23 likes this.
  8. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Don't break my heart.

9. Odolwa

Nov 12, 2013
    Yes but with same group of people and timeline. I'm talking random people and stories from all across the galaxy and timeline. If that makes sense.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  10. Redimet

Mar 2, 2014
    Oh I see! Well its not a terrible idea but it would get confusing.

11. mratm23

mratm23 Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2014
    You're talking about a cartoon type show right? Time jumps and crap like Lost or something wouldn't go well with kids.

12. Odolwa

Nov 12, 2013
    Hey in my head a show that has a new story and people each episode sounds interesting. But yes, could get confusing. And kids? I dont know about kids these days, but when i was young every cartoon didn't make sense as far as the story went, was still entertaining.

13. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Part of the problem with a fill-in-the-gaps type of show is that you can encounter timeline disrupting things similar to the above mentioned Yoda / Sith connection. I'm thinking specifically of Star Trek Enterprise. It started out promising. Lots of developments that needed to be explored. But, then, at some point they ran out of stories that were big and explorable. I know I dropped out when they brought in a Borg. "Hey! If that character is there, then why do they not know about it... then?" It can get very messy. Retcon's all around.

I do like the idea of the multiple-POV show being explored above. TCW did solve the problem of limited character-development time by utilizing the same four or five sets of characters over again with a few peppered in for diversity.

I did take a moment to look at Star Wars Rebels. The character sketches give me shivvers. Doesn't Ezra remind you of the typical Disney hero? Sorry if you folks are Disney animation fans. It just seems to me that they get to be very formulaic.

darklordoftech likes this.
  14. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    All I ask is that it is true to Star Wars, and to the personalities of the characters. We can't have the main character a hermit for 30 years that is for sure

15. Redimet

Mar 2, 2014
    What if Thrawn was introduced in Rebels but at the end of the show before just before ANH Tarkin or even the Emperor exiles him and his fleet to some remote corner of the galaxy as punishment, and then in the show between 6 and 7 he comes back to fight off the Alliance.

16. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    What if Thrawn isn't Thrawn but is actually Palpatine?

17. Redimet

Mar 2, 2014
    Spoilers for Son of Dathomir:
    You have been warned so no complaining if you don't want to be spoiled. With the knowledge that he survived the comic book series could we see Darth Maul as the main antagonist of this era? Without the Emperor or Vader that would leave him as the most powerful force user next to Luke. Without the Emperor to overpower him maybe he takes action and is the main antagonist of the new cartoon series?

18. Count Zero

Count Zero Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2014
    I would not look for it until well into the ST. But sooner or later they are bound to merch that era.

19. Redimet

Mar 2, 2014
    Oh yes I think when Rebels is done that is the next tv show.

20. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    It would be better to cover the time between 6/7 after 7 comes out, maybe even after 8 comes out.

Think about "Cloak of Deception." It's a book that's set before 1, but it does a masterful job of fleshing everything out and setting things up. Why? Because the author already knew what happened in Episodes 1 and 2, so it had a direction.

Then think about the original (pre-TV show) Clone War novels. They did a horrible job of depicting the war. Why? Because those authors had no idea what was going to happen in Episode III (besides the obvious), so they had idea of what direction the Clone Wars should be going on. As a result, the war didn't really have much of a direction, and those books ended up getting overridden by the TV show.

Redimet likes this.
  21. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    Hopefully Disney and Lucasfilm will continue to take their time and not rush projects.

It will allow the story group more room to make sure everything fits. There is plenty of time to let the franchise grow slowly.

The release of Episode VII surely be accompanied by related comics and books, not just the adaptations.

The thirty year gap after RotJ?

Animated series, movies, comics and books following the Big 3 and sidekicks. Same to cover the back stories of the new characters.

I think the first animated series would follow any Solo or Skywalker children in adventures with their parents - to capitalise on the popular and success of the new characters and movies (which will hopefully be the case :))

If the Empire/Cold War rumours are through this would be an important aspect of such a series and could spinoff it other series - an Alliance special ops/mission impossible type team, "Imperial" spies living in Alliance territory (The Americans without the "you know what" ;))

Stories following a following soldiers from training through combat (expanded Domino Squad type), a starfighter Squadron (X-Wing), the crew of an Alliance cruiser tasked with patrolling the border with the "Empire".

I'd like to see a post-ANH animated series following Luke and company, but in a way that connects to the comics and books of that era - maybe animated specials or straight to iTunes/Netflix movies. The period could also cover some of what I said above - a certain special ops team or a Rogue Squadron series of specials separate to Luke's adventures with Han and Leia.

Maybe an animated miniseries or comic series to cover the time between Empire and Jedi. Like SotE.

And keep covering the Dark Times.

The important thing is not to rush it or let it get bloated and cripple itself.

Redimet likes this.
  22. Kraven Head

Kraven Head Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2012

That crazy rumor last week and Han and Chewie at the command of a Super Star Destroyer and IA being at the helm of the Falcon... if this is remotely true, I hope JJ properly explains how the Alliance got their hands on a SSD and what made Solo give up his ride.

Redimet likes this.
  23. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    Who is IA?

24. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Not even Rebels covers the whole 19 years between the PT and the OT, let alone 30 years of whatever is between ROTJ and Episode VII. If anything, we will get someting that covers 5-7 years before the ST. Not much more I believe.

25. mratm23

mratm23 Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2014
    Maybe if it were only like 3-4 groups cyclying through the season. It takes a while to get your characters appreciated and set up within an episode. Especially a 20-40 minute one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.