main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

After seeing the trailer for THX-1138, Im convinced hes made extensive changes to the CT

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by ScoobyDooku, May 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScoobyDooku

ScoobyDooku Jedi Youngling star 3

May 23, 2002
    Seriously. When does he find time to do all this? After seeing all that added f/x to the Lucas film that least people care about ( Even though its a great movie ) Im convinced hes made every aesthetic and editing change possible to these new STAR WARS dvds. I mean why not? he can, so he will. If he added trains and elevators and crowds and factories to THX, trust me hes done it to NEW HOPE> On another note, Its cool to see this different "adult" side to Lucas with the cool box art, cool website, etc. Cant wait to see what happens after STAR WARS, even though i dread the end of what i love so dearly.

TLJ Edit: See my post at the end :)

2. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I am fine with the changes for THX (btw, it looks freakin' awesome, beautiful transfer too) but I have much more sentimental attachment to SW. In fact, I haven't seen THX 1138 yet so I don't have any sentimental attachement to it :p But I do there from the AICN people (who hate the SW SEs) that they don't think any plot things have been changed. That's the thing I hated about the SEs. Scenes that changed characters or altered the entire meaning of scenes... no no. I'm not stressing about upcoming OT DVD changes, though, because I'm not buying them.

-sj loves kevin spacey

3. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    The THX 1138 trailer was impressive. I liked the original version quite a bit, but I think this new version may make me like the film even more.

It does make it seem more feasable that Lucas has done more work to the OT. If that's what he wants to do, then I support it 100%. I wish all artists had the rights that Lucas has been able to gain for himself.

4. Lukes_Lightsaber

Lukes_Lightsaber Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    I saw THX once, and really wasn't impressed by it. I'm glad GL's filmmaking and storytelling techniques improved over the years.

5. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    This thread will probably get locked up, but what
    the heck! Wow, he changed THX huh? Well, that is
    an interesting development. (It also comes out a
    week before the OT DVD!) I always hated THX, but
    I love that car Robert Duvall drives at the end.
    I also love the sound FX of the motorcycles the
    storm tro... I mean those funny cop type thingies
    ride.

I'll watch it for the commentary and the doc's and
    also the new FX. Should be neat to get an insight
    into a pre Star Wars GL. Who knows, we might be
    getting that Special Special edition after all
    boys and girls.

6. Turkilma

Turkilma Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 23, 2001
    Could someone please provide the link to the trailer ...

Thanks

7. GreenGreatWarrior

GreenGreatWarrior Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2003
    Its on the official site...

Clickie

I haven't seen THX yet, I wanna see it though. The trailer looks amazing! I will see this if it comes out in the cinemas over here in the UK, if not then I will just get the DVD.

Owen ;)

8. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    "This thread will probably get locked up"

Correct :)

For further discussion of changes to the CT go here. They brought up the movie in there already, and are sick of discussing Vader/Anakin, anyway ;)

For discussing THX1138, go here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.