main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST After seeing TLJ, are you as excited about seeing Ep. 9 as you were about Ep. 8 after seeing TFA?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Nerdling, Dec 24, 2017.

?

After seeing TLJ, are you as excited about seeing Ep. 9 as you were about Ep. 8 after seeing TFA?

1. I was slightly excited about TLJ, but now I'm very excited about Ep. 9

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  2. I was pretty excited about TLJ, but now I'm very excited about Ep. 9

15 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. I was slightly excited about TLJ, but now I'm very pretty excited about Ep. 9

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I was very excited about TLJ, and I'm equally excited about Ep. 9

50 vote(s)
    23.6%
  5. I was pretty excited about TLJ, and I'm equally excited about Ep. 9

6 vote(s)
    2.8%
  6. I was slightly excited about TLJ, and I'm equally excited about Ep. 9

2 vote(s)
    0.9%
  7. I was very excited about TLJ, but now I'm only pretty excited about Ep. 9

11 vote(s)
    5.2%
  8. I was pretty excited about TLJ, but now I'm only slightly excited about Ep. 9

18 vote(s)
    8.5%
  9. I was very excited about TLJ, but now I'm only slightly excited about Ep. 9

38 vote(s)
    17.9%
  10. My level of excitement has fallen so much I'm not sure I even want to see Ep. 9

71 vote(s)
    33.5%
  1. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013
    This is silly, Bowen. A lot of people are here because they still want to talk about the OT and the PT. Just look at how busy those forums are. There's far more activity in the PT forums than on the Rogue One forum, and R1 was released a year ago, while the PT was released 12 to 18 yrs ago. Also, some people are here b/c they're into the lit or rebels etc.

2. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    I'm not excited to see Episode IX. Maybe J.J. will come up with something to lure me back, but as of this point I'm going to have to relegate the Sequel Trilogy to the dustbin of history. I'm actually forced to say that the old EU post-RoTJ was better than this, and that's something I never thought I'd say.

Perhaps it can be saved... but the amount of work that J.J. needs to do just to close the trilogy is enormous even before the backlash made it clear that he'd be asked to roll-back some of the choices Rian Johnson made. The First Order/Empire must be defeated, the Resistance/Rebellion victorious, and Kylo redeemed or killed.

I almost think we need an anthology movie or novel to get Rey a decent teacher between VIII and IX, this self-taught stuff is really hard to buy.

3. guittarjedi

guittarjedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2002
    I'm never watching another Star Wars in a theater ever again. Star Wars is no longer a big event movie for me. I'll wait for Redbox or library rentals from now on.

4. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    Glove of Darth Vader..... should have adapted that! ;)

5. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    I voted "My level of excitement has fallen so much I'm not sure I even want to see Ep. 9" though it really doesn't matches my position. I want to see Episode IX, but I'm not excited by it ("slightly" excited is even too strong). I don't consider TFA and TLJ to be good Star Wars movies (neither from a story or a character viewpoint), but perhaps I'll get slightly more excited as the date draws near, who knows?

Ren Kylo and Darren_Saw like this.
  6. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    *Wretches* There are some things that one should not speak of about the old EU. Still, I stand by my view that the post-RoTJ EU (at least up until the end of the Vong War) was better than the Sequel Trilogy has proven to be.

7. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    I voted for "I was very excited for TLJ and now I am only pretty excited for IX". IX dampened by anticipation but that's because I am skeptical. I am hopeful as I said about what JJ can do but he is only human. I like to come up with theories but I don't want to do that now.

8. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    The thing is with JJ we can expect a Luke ghost cameo and he won't be allowed anything substantial, which would be for me the most important point to be brought back to IX. Nothing what happens to the new characters does interest me now, but finally that Luke is handled in a respectful way and to show what he is capable of. Yeah I have little hopes, but soon is new years eve, so you can have wishes. [face_sigh]

9. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Sure, of course!! I just meant the fans who are literally saying “I’m done with Star Wars” and they still come back to complain. There’s so much SW for us all, my only point was that we can all find part of the franchise that makes us happy I hope? I don’t read any comics or novels but I’m sure they are great for many people. Maybe some people aren’t going to like the movies anymore, I don’t know, but perhaps the live action TV show will be more their thing.

I just can’t put myself in the shoes of someone who spends days, weeks, even years complaining about how “horrible” movies are that other people find to be masterpieces. I hated Fantastic Beasts, it was the worst blockbuster I’ve seen in years, but I’ve never once went to a Harry Potter forum to “make my opinion known.” From what I understand many of them love it and I envy them - I wanted to love it too. The last thing I would want is to make them feel bad for loving the movie though or go ruin their good fun. I have my fun - it’s Star Wars.

10. Steve McGarrett

Steve McGarrett Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 1, 2017
    I'm well and truly on board still. Loved TFA. Really enjoyed TLJ. The latter was slightly jarring in parts but I think it needed to be after TFA stuck so closely to the formula. I can see how this film could have dimmed the excitement for some, but not me. I chose option 4.

11. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I probably won't even see IX.

ChildOfWinds likes this.
  12. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Okay.

13. SWITS

SWITS Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 7, 2015
    For the past 2 years I had built up a lot of high expectations. I was very excited to see The Last Jedi, but was very disappointed after seeing it. Sure, there was a few very cool scenes that I really loved, but overall as a 2nd movie in a trilogy, it really didn't add much to the story. It subtracted from the story. And made the story less exciting overall. It went directions that I found to be the boring route, instead of going the directions that could've built upon the lore in exciting ways.
    But after seeing the movie, I feel like JJ is in a no-win situation. All expectations for me now, are very low. I'll be very surprised if I actually fall-back in love with Star Wars again with Episode 9. Episode 8 really knocked my love down quite bit. My hope for the future of Star Wars films does not look so bright anymore.

ChildOfWinds and Shadao like this.
  14. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    I'm a little less excited for IX. VIII packed so much into one movie, and now I'm confused a bit to where IX will even go. If anyone cares, I was probably a little more excited for VIII than I was for VII.

Darth Nerdling and Frank T. like this.
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I am equally as hyped.

KembaSkywalker likes this.
  16. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
    Very excited and equally excited

17. MadBoomBoom

MadBoomBoom Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 1, 2017
    Not a fan of J.J abrams but I honestly think J.J Abrams did a better job directing than Rian Johnson. So Episode IX should be better but not by much. J.J gave us a lightsaber duel and what about Rian? Where is it?

18. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    We'll disagree. I'm someone who does not have a lot of love for the Thrawn Trilogy. I read it, and beyond, but it felt empty and lifeless (and silly) to me. Luuke. What was he thinking!?

19. AussieRebel

AussieRebel Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 2, 2005
    Not even remotely. I'm happy with the 6 film Lucas saga as is.

20. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    If I weren't sure most people are going to change their opinion on the latter half of this question by the time the first teaser for Ep. 9 appears, I would agree. But yeah, not being sure if you want to see the next episode doesn't say anything good about you as a Star Wars fan, even if you didn't enjoy the previous film.
    If you didnt enjoy Ep 8 that doesnt mean you're not a true Star Wars fan, but you're no fan if you're on the fence about seeing the next episodic movie. At that point, you're just a general movie goer.

21. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Give me a trailer or plot summary or something first.
    Agreed.

22. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Been reluctant to come back to these forums as I'm weary of both the gushing over Episode VIII and the bashing of it. [face_tired] I'm still on the fence about how I feel, much the same as when I saw Rogue One. R1 has since grown on me enough to be enjoyable, though it's definitely not my favorite. Jury's still out on VIII.

That being said, I am nowhere near as excited about Episode IX as I was before seeing VIII. I'll see it, but only because I'm curious to see how Leia is going to be handled with Fisher gone, hoping to see Rey be something other than perfect, and of course wanting a Force ghost Luke. Beyond that, though...

23. Too-Gon Onbourbon

Too-Gon Onbourbon Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 23, 2016
    Fine and dandy. Maybe hang out in those forums rather than dumping bile doing missionary work for hate, uncertainty, and disillusionment where you supposedly have no interest?

24. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    I’m very excited about IX. Especially with JJ back.

25. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Um, that’s kinda rude. To me, true Star Wars has to adhere to what George laid out. In my view, this trilogy isn’t doing that. I like 7/9 films and all 6 of the ones done by the series’ creator, how am I not a fan?

Darth Nerdling and ChildOfWinds like this.