main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

After seeing Yoda unload some whup-ass in AotC, are you expecting more out of Luke in the NJO?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Fire_Light, May 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Anakin16: "Valyn, I had no idea you were so hopelessly optomistic."

Oh, I'm an optimist at heart. :D ;)

Kier: "See?"

Oh, shush. :p
    If I didn't display arrogance, then my posts would never be half as interesting as they now are. ;)

2. Resolute

Resolute Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2002
    Well, considering Yoda likely had 5 times the midi-chlorians of luke, I'm not expecting anything so spectacular.

But Yoda was undoubtedly the best part of Episode II. No Question.

3. starwarsfannumber1

starwarsfannumber1 Jedi Master star 2

May 6, 2002
    Where do you get that Resolute? I though Anikan had the most and Luke had more than him.

4. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Resolute: "Well, considering Yoda likely had 5 times the midi-chlorians of luke, I'm not expecting anything so spectacular."

Um, where does it say how many midis Luke has? :confused:

5. JediStryker

JediStryker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 5, 2000
    I have noticed that people around here take people busting on their favorite thing VERY personally. Like, if you dis Star Wars, you must therefore be insulting them. Ignore them and move on.

:D

A good swordsman will never strike until he knows the strike will kill. Otherwise, you're expending your energy just to hit your opponents sword. At least that's what my friend told me (he was an instructor in my karate class, he taught swordplay or something, never liked swords, they don't compare to a good M16 on your shoulder ;) ).

Valyn, you have been a great guy here on these boards, and I often forget that you're technically a newbie around here. Don't listen to that stuff (which it's obvious you aren't) because it's obvious who the 'dumb' person is there. :D

6. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Midis are just a indicator of potential of power, they don't give power. According to the official site, one can have high potential and not have high midis, but oftent times if he does have high potential the midis will be high.

7. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Well, considering Yoda likely had 5 times the midi-chlorians of luke, I'm not expecting anything so spectacular.

Anakin had more than Yoda. It seems to me that Luke is right up there with Anakin, possibly stronger, but if not at least right around his level/\.

But Yoda was undoubtedly the best part of Episode II. No Question.

Bah. Yoda was okay until the end, at which point he completely ruined his credibility. And for me there's no question that the best part of the film was Natalie Portman's body. But that's a whole other discussion.

8. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    I posted this in PM with Valyn and I'll post a variant of it here now...

Are you guys taking into consideration that we might have seen things through Dooku's eyes? Perhaps we saw an aberration in Yoda's fighting style. Maybe he IS the least flashy fighter in the galaxy after all. I mean, consider the fact that Yoda trained Dooku. He probably thinks he knows every trick up Yoda's sleeve. Maybe NOBODY has seen Yoda fight the way he did, in which case, leaping and spinning like he did would be the ultimate surprise attack.

JMA

9. Jedi_Zanza

Jedi_Zanza Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2000
    Meh, anything Luke does in NJO will not equal the coolness of Yoda in AOTC for me.

I wish they had kept that scene the way I heard it was originally; with Yoda a second away from giving Dooku a close haircut before he pulled over the pillar. Then there wouldn't be so much debating over this. Second, I just plain don't want to see a realistic fight on film. That would be boring. I don't know anything about swordplay, but in essence, for the normal moviegoer, a realistic swordfight would be pretty boring, right?

10. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    well, considering that midis are only a indicator luke could have 3 midis and still be as powerful as dear old dad. Midis only indicate potential according to the official site. According to it one could have low midi count and still have a very high potential. But someone with high potential often times has a high midi, but not always. So there is no way to really know if luke has high midi and high potential, or low midis and high potential. Midis aren't really that important going by what the the official site says.

If they were important lucas would have discussed the ins and outs of midis in AOTC. I am beginning to think that they won't show up again in ep 3, as well.

11. ILLUMINATUS_JEDI

ILLUMINATUS_JEDI Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Yoda didn't have enough time to finish the job. Nuff said.

He still would of beat Dooku.
    One Cut Scene was when Dooku had 2 Sabers against Yoda and Yoda still lived and even managed to get one saber out of Dooku's hands.

SO DON'T DIS-RESPECT THE MASTER!

:D :D :D :D :D

12. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    I just felt like I was watching Teek in a Yoda suit instead of Yoda himself. Then again, considering how awful I thought the movie was, I'm clearly in the vast minority here.

13. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    Yeah, I got my head bashed in somewhere else for saying I liked Spider-Man better than AotC. :D GL just can't make 'em like they used to be. The Originals will always be the ultimate SW movies, IMO.

14. Jedi_Zanza

Sep 16, 2000
    ...you what?

(promptly bashes JediStryker's head in)

15. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    :eek: Ow, not again!

<Thwip!>

Swings away to safety. ;)

16. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

JMA,

Are you guys taking into consideration that we might have seen things through Dooku's eyes? Perhaps we saw an aberration in Yoda's fighting style. Maybe he IS the least flashy fighter in the galaxy after all. I mean, consider the fact that Yoda trained Dooku. He probably thinks he knows every trick up Yoda's sleeve. Maybe NOBODY has seen Yoda fight the way he did, in which case, leaping and spinning like he did would be the ultimate surprise attack.

You ARE joking, right?

17. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    Maybe it wasn't Yoda at all. Maybe it was Tom Cruise in disguise!

18. Kier_Nimmion

Aug 9, 2000

[face_shocked] :D LMAO!!! [face_laugh]

Same height. Yoda's better looking, tho'!

19. Jedi_Zanza

Sep 16, 2000
    Crafty 'lil bugger..but I'll get you yet!!!!!

(a Republic gunship lands behind him with a full complement of Clonetroopers. He gets into the pilot's seat and chases after JediStryker, guns and rockets blazing.)

Anyway, I suppose that you guys that didn't like Yoda's fighting style didn't like Darth Maul's either?

20. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    Better actor, too. ;)

21. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    You ARE joking, right?

?[face_plain] No, not in the least, and frankly I'm a bit confused as to why you would see it as such. *shrug* Yoda is older than any other living Jedi. Why is it so hard to believe that he had an ace up his sleeve, that no other Jedi of the time had seen? Not sure how this could be seen as a joke, unless you yourself were joking....

*thoroughly confused*

?[face_plain]

JMA

22. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    Stryker-sense...tingling...

Uh-oh. No amount of webbing is gonna get me outta this mess. :)

23. Kier_Nimmion

Aug 9, 2000

JMA,

Yoda is older than any other living Jedi. Why is it so hard to believe that he had an ace up his sleeve, that no other Jedi of the time had seen?

Except that Dooku WASN'T surprised by Yoda's tactics, and even had the wherewithall to collapse that pillar down on top of Obi-Wan and Anakin, thereby gaining the upper hand and escape, which is what he wanted to do in the first place.

And I would have expected Yoda to have an ace, as you say, up his robes, instead he did 1:30 of pointless bouncing and hopping that would have made Gremlins director Chris Columbus proud. Yoda did nothing.

24. Caine

Caine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2002

Mastadge -

Did you post your thoughts on AotC elsewhere which you could refer me to? I'm curious...

Did you just find AotC too flashy with respect to the battles?

25. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    He really didn't. It would have been better if Dooku had taken a bunch swipes to no avail, and then Yoda knocked him down with one and told him it was over. Then Dooku could have knocked down the pillar or something. The way it happened made Yoda look like a weaker swordsman than Dooku, if anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.