main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

After Thanksgiving SW sales -

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Darth_Cephus, Nov 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Cephus

Darth_Cephus Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 2002
    Post here if you know of any big sales going on this week.

MR is having a sale starting wed. morning. Here's news from Rebelscum:

Master Replicas Holiday Sale
    Master Replicas has kicked off a huge sale, including free shipping*. Too many items to list here. Starts 11/23 at 9:00 AM PST, ends 12/8. (edited). Domestic US, others get a credit.

The Target in my neck of the woods will be opening at 6am on Friday. I hope they stock up on SW stuff that's been missing of late.

2. Jedi_Riibu

Jedi_Riibu Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I was in Target tonight and there was a large supply of the Ultimate Lightsaber kit on display. I'm guessing they'll have that on sale.

3. SithAboveAll

SithAboveAll Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005

same here. i refuse to go shopping on black friday.

4. Darth_Phineas

Darth_Phineas Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2004
    Same here, brutha. Same here.

5. SithAboveAll

SithAboveAll Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    my girl is tlaking about getting up at 5 and going out. i'm luck "have fun". pass on all those lunatics. though i will be going that weekend to see if anything new is left. i dont really need much though...

6. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    I had to work one Black Friday for a retail store and it was one of the craziest days to have to run items from store to store, what was ridiculous was that the stores I worked for weren't the type to have Black Friday price cuts, so I had to fight the traffic and people in and around the malls with nothing to show for it except high stress and a lot of frustration! I didn't even get a chance to make use of being so close to stores to get any of the good deals!

I plan to have a nice day away from the stores on Friday.

I can't believe that there are actually stores opening at 0500, before long, there will be stores opening at midnight for Black Friday sales!

7. Siths_Herald

Siths_Herald Minnesota CR, MNFF Co-Leader star 2

Jan 5, 2004
    The Wal-mart near me doesn't have to open on Fri. They'll already be open since they are open 24hrs tomorrow!!

C'mon people. This holiday retail crap is just getting rediculous.

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    You can check out a list of sales here on Rebelscum.

9. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Not much I need or want from that sales list. I doubt I will even go out this year. I did last year and did good as far as clothing went lots of a.d.i.d.a.s. stuff for next too nothing. That was a good day.

10. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999

CompUSA
    Star Wars Battle Front II (PSP) $49.99

That's hardly a Sale [face_plain]

11. Darth_Cephus

Aug 6, 2002
    I'll probably be up at around 6:30am. I love the madness of it all. :D

12. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    No, you need to be up before 5, if you want to gurantee the Best deals!

Walmart, Best Buy opens at 5
    Target opens at 6

Which store you going?

13. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I'm going to brave it. I'll hit Wal-Mart, Kohl's, K-Mart & Target for sure. I dread it more than a trip to the Dentist, but it must be done.

[face_chicken] Happy Thanksgiving! [face_chicken] ( I know it's a chicken. It's the best I could do)

14. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Do stores in the US open at midnight after Christmas?

Stores here are going to be open for 90 hours straight or some ridiculous thing like that.

15. -HD-YaebGinn

-HD-YaebGinn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 31, 2005
    any proof on these? especially the k-mart one? cause I would not like to go a long way for a fluke or something.

16. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    So what is black friday then???Is it just like the new years sales for one day after thanksgiving or do the sales go on all weekend?

17. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    Black Friday is what retail workers refer to the Friday after Thanksgiving as. It is the biggest and busiest shopping day of the year in the US (thus, if you work in retail, your day is guaranteed to be hell). It is the traditional kickoff to the Christmas/Holiday shopping season. A lot of stores open rediculously early to offer super special deals that last for only a few hours. And you have to get there right when they open if you even want a chance at getting what you're looking for. It's chaos, but if you're willing to weather it, you'll get some VERY good deals.

18. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    Oh right I understand now too bad they do not have that here. I think they might aswell call it "scalpers friday" they need something like that here to get rid of all those peg warmers we have on the shelves.

19. -HD-YaebGinn

-HD-YaebGinn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 31, 2005
    where was this info acquired? there is nothing on the kmart website.

and does the sales listed on rebelscum last the day, or just a few hours?

20. Jedi_Riibu

Nov 14, 2001
    All of the specials are in the store's respective circular. All of the websites I've visited, including Kmart, have their circular viewable on the website.

21. Darth_Cephus

Aug 6, 2002
    The Target in Costa Mesa, CA.

BTW, the Target newspaper circular for So. Cal stores lists the LEGO Millenium Falcon on sale for $49.99, reg. $89.99. Also the Hasbro Ultimate Lightsaber is down to $22.

22. The_Wookie_Girl

The_Wookie_Girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2005
    Thanks for posting the link! :)

Rebelscum didn't mention on that list that the K-Mart 2 for 1 SW Hasbro figures deal is only good from 6 AM to 11 AM.

To add to that list:
    Media Play will have all calendars 25% off. A RotS calendar is shown in the ad. :)

23. Darth_Cephus

Aug 6, 2002
    Instead of going to Target at 6am, it was more like 6pm. [face_plain] So I head over to the SW aisle and not one single action figure on the pegs. Not even a Neimodian warrior. :(

24. JediMasterKobe

JediMasterKobe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    Local San Diego-area Vons stores had Darth Tater advertised in a newspaper insert for about half its retail price.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.