main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Star Wars After the Awakening Part II: The End

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sinrebirth, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Lady Belligerent

Lady Belligerent • WNU Adoptions Coordinator• star 7 VIP - Game Host

Jan 29, 2008
    IC: Jaina Solo
    depths of the Ravager

From the moment she’d been on the ship with the wanna be Jag, Jaina had felt like she’d woken in an alternate universe. Why didn’t her mother reply to her comms?

Everything was odd, like this mostly empty star destroyer. What was it doing here and why was Ben here?

’Suck it up,’Jaina told herself, ’or you’ll burn out.’ Besides, she was sharper when she was angry...and Ben had her beyond angry. This was personal now. She’d planned on stopping him before, but stopping him alive.

Thoughts flashed through her mind as she’d slowed her drop slightly, and she’d been mindful of the tram wreckage her brother had so thoughtfully pushed after her. A section had managed to score an opening in her flight suit, but it was minimal.

Cappie had brought Jaina’s X-wing in beneath her and she’d landed hard against the fuselage. Her gloved fingers slipped around as she’d struggled to get a firm grip, and Cappie’s erratic maneuvering didn’t help.

Once Jaina had a firm grim she had pulled herself up and into the pilots seat. “Search for an exit,” she shouted back at Cappie. She wasn’t even sure he’d hard her since the canopy had sealed shut quickly behind her. Once she’d donned her helmet and connected herself into the controls she was able to speak to the little droid behind her. “Great job, buddy,” Jaina told him as she glanced over their situation. “Let’s see if we can lose these clowns,” she said as she’d taken the x-wing into a steep dive.

Her clever droid had thoughtfully brought her weapons system online, so once Jaina neared the lowest section of the destroyer, Jaina brought them around a large conduit and reversed her path with laser cannons blazing.

Text scrolled across her display indicating what the least destructive exit route would be. “Qualify that, Cappie,” Jaina replied, “least destructive to the destroyer or to my X-wing?”

Tag: Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  2. Darth Kronos

Darth Kronos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 2, 2016
    IC: Jak Dexter and Adjunct Reige - The Star Yacht's Command Lounge

Jak took the short time he had to briefly survey the Star Yacht - the cruiser, of Naboo royalty, the squad would be using for their mission. One he didn't fully understand. Were they going to capture the defectors or simply kill them?

Reige's voice, beckoning him to the "command lounge" interrupted his thoughts.

Jak followed him into the command lounge, for his private briefing, and, just as soon as Reige began his small speech, a fact suddenly made itself obvious: no one there respected him. So far, every person there had felt the need to refer to him as his title - not even that. It was more of an occupation - and it offended him more than it probably should have. Even Hux, who had, at the very least, used his real name, felt the need to force in some title, as if to make him less human and more akin to one of their mindless Stormtroopers. In his not-so-humble opinion? Just skip the worthless titles and simply use his name. Sure, some would argue that that would be reserved for friends, and Jak definitely didn't consider any of these people friends, but it was far superior to people solely referring to him as "Hunter" all the time.

In short? Jak was a simple man. A simple man with simple beliefs - bluntly stated.

He was so wrapped up in his offended feeling, he barely heard Reige inquire about his previous employers.

"I require fifteen percent up front," he said bluntly, trying his hardest to show authority and leverage. And probably failing. "And I'm not budging," he quickly added.

"As to my previous employers.... They aren't friendly people, that much I can say. Our group never really had a name. We always dealt in the shadows. Made it easier to hide from the authorities that way. If they are there, waiting for us, me," Jak chose to ignore Reige's comment about Snoke using him as bait to attract his former employers. "then they'll probably be blending in. Sending hidden signals to each other when a target was in range. I never actually personally witnessed this, though. I always stayed far away and provided sniper support. Beyond that, the detals aren't important."

Jak knew he would be in the front lines after that sitrep. If his former employers were there, then the First Order would need every bit of leverage they could get. Jak provided this with his inside knowledge.

Jak stood, slightly slouched and arms at his sides, and waited for Reige's reply.

Reige nodded. He has instructions to make the payments. ‘Agreed. Fine.’ Reige was more interested in the rest.

‘Sniper support? Is that your preference and speciality?’ Reige expected Jak was not a fan of being bait, so perhaps if he dangled the possibility of him staying back, in a support role, he would be able to entice him to be more agreeable to when Reige offered him more work later on.

"It would be ideal, yes." His voice was filled with hope and anticipation. "I'm not experienced in close quarters combat. At all"

And he wasn't. But he was also exaggerating. To become a member of his secret bounty hunter group, one had to prove themselves. Sniping alone, while essential, would not have gotten him a role within it. He knew the basics and could, at the very least, defend himself if need be.

But Jak was trying to underplay his skills. Only because he wanted to avoid any semblance of front lines fighting.

Reige looked thoughtful. He was a straightforward man, but Gilad had insisted he become more than that. An Admiral needed political gusto as well as military. ‘Fine,’ he said. ‘I’ll see what I can do for you.’ Reige said that honestly. He would see what he could do.

‘I mean, a bounty hunters word is his bond, so how can I not reciprocate?’ Reige smiled, and all together out-of-character moment in light of the situation.

Jak allowed a pleased expression before he returned to his neutral state. The First Order were all about protocol, clearly, and something like that, even small, could irk them.

But Reige had a similar reaction to Jak. He even smiled. Which was odd. Especially for a high ranking First Order official. Jak had expected for them to be unmoving, unflinching, overly serious blocks of stone, unable to be cracked - something he was not used to - so when he noticed it, a slight hint of puzzlement could be seen before he shook it off.

Or maybe it was all just a trick to gain his trust. He couldn't really tell.

"Very good," he said. It was all he needed to say.

Reige nodded, taking on-board the facial tic, and schooled his own features. More First Order zealot, less Imperial Remnant Order-with-a-Personal-Face. New regime and all.

‘Very good,’ Reige said, returning the sentiment. ‘I leave you to prepare yourself for the mission. Clean your guns, or some such.’

There was that First Order formality he was expecting. Couldn't express more than one human emotion for more than five seconds, now could he?

"Will do," he replied, leaving the command lounge without waiting for another reply, thus concluding the conversation.

TAG: Sinrebirth (Halle Dray Darth_wanderguard)

-----

IC: Luna - The Black Hole Establishment

Luna's vision was now clear. Her hearing had returned to normal (she now heard more than a high pitched ringing), and she no longer felt like vomiting. Somehow, miraculously, that stun blast from the Black-Armored Woman had helped Luna out of her hungover state and into a more sober state. Not completely, obviously, as her head still pounded (likely due to the hangover and the stun blast), but she still felt much better. As if she regained her basic motor functions.

She heard the Black-Armored Woman threaten her, something that sent a tingle of fear through her. Luna's eyes followed her and watched her pointlessly threaten the Other Woman before sitting back down and introducing herself. Luna did not meet the Other Woman in the eyes. After their standoff before, she thought it would be best if she didn't even acknowledge the Other Woman's existence.

So, the Black-Armored Woman was called the Benefactor. A code name. Likely for a bounty hunter (certainly a frightening thought).

And then the Benefactor mentioned she knew of their defection from the First Order, which shot of terror through her spine.

A frightening question: was she sent there to kill Luna?

The Benefactor suddenly asked the two questions that Luna did not know. The highest ranking First Order officer she had met in person was General Hux.

Another frightening question: or was she sent there by the Resistance to probe her for answers? Answering anything, even something small, could have disastrous consequences.

Yet another frightening question: or was this all a test set up by the First Order? To see if she was still loyal. A second chance. A refusal of that chance resulting in death.

Doubt and paranoia consumed her reply. "I don't-," she spoke through heavy, frightened breaths and her voice shook. She was already sweating profusely from fear. "I don't know anything."

An obvious lie, but what else could she do? Tell the truth?

She couldn't afford to take that risk.

Any risk.

TAG: Sinrebirth QueenSabe7

Sinrebirth and Lady Belligerent like this.
  3. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    OOC: A new character slices his way in!

Norin Durame

Nomad Son, Unknown System

The aging cybernetic visage of Norin Durame stared once again into a viewscreen as he filtered through the information coming through. Had it not been for the fact that his eyes were cybernetic replacements, the constant exposure to the glare of electronic viewscreens would have ruined his vision a long time ago. Back to more important matters though, is that the information Norin was filtering through wasn’t something he necessarily looked at, but information that he listened to. Information obtained through shadowy means. Information obtained by slicing into the computer systems of a nearby Resurgent-class Star Destroyer utilizing the long range sensors of his own ship, hidden from view parked behind an asteroid.

It was very dangerous work, because with the slightest mistake he’d be detected and then he’d be staring down the forward batteries of the First Order’s finest. Very dangerous work indeed, but it was well worth it, and Norin was very good at what he did.

Now that the prideful grin has been wiped off of your pitiful faces,” began a voice coming from an audio recording, “I think it would be appropriate for you to bear witness to exactly what is going on here. You see, the Galaxy does not want you here. You claim to be the successors of the Galactic Empire, but you sow chaos and disorder. You claim to bring order, but you seek to dismantle the peace and order the galaxy already had in the first place. You serve a lie. A lie the Galaxy can see right through.”

Norin grinned but then immediately winced as a very loud thud resonated in the recording, creating a fair bit of distortion.

“Today is only the first of many events marking the fall of the First Order. Maybe if you weren’t just a cheap knockoff of your predecessor you might stand a chance, but the Galaxy isn’t afraid of you. No, quite the contrary actually. The Galaxy is like a fire wasp nest, and the destruction of the Hosnian System was merely the act of hitting the nest with a stick. The act with which you sought to intimidate us into submission has only incited us to strike back with vengeance. A thousand fire wasps can take down a clestradon, and you are but a little womp rat.”

“Wait a minute,” commented Norin, “I think I know that voice...”

“Alas, today you might realize the error in your ways, and take this opportunity to turn your back on the First Order. You are galactic citizens, after all. You should stand unified with the rest of the galaxy. Not some idealist military junta that was doomed to fail from the very beginning.”

“Yes, I most definitely believe I’ve heard that voice before. He’s grown up so fast...”

“But you won’t, because we won’t let you. No, we’re going to send you back to the First Order, because after all, they are but a sad copy of the once ‘mighty’ Galactic Empire, and your failure will be properly rewarded. Get them into the escape pods.”

“Thank you Leonias, for that wonderful speech. Oh man this is just exactly the kind of morale boost the Resistance needed… one that also demoralizes the enemy.”

Norin’s fingers flew across the keypad in front of him, downloading the voice recording as he simultaneously activated the built in commlink inside his Borg Construct Aj^6 implant to contact his co-pilot droid.

“Beta, prepare a jump to hyperspace as I get this broadcast ready. Double jump back to home to make sure nobody follows us. Synchronize with me and make sure we make the jump within a millisecond of the broadcast being sent.

BE DWEEEEP!” replied the droid in confirmation.
    Tag: Sinrebirth;

Sinrebirth likes this.
  4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Duke Praxon
    Hyperspace, aboard the Millennium Falcon

Did they do a bad thing?

It sounded like such a simple question out of context, but Praxon knew it had a duel meaning and that the ramifications were pretty stiff for both. It was the sort of thing that put his reputation on the line, a real moral dilemma that had him questioning his very beliefs. Was he willing to accept that reality?

He met Wyn’s inquiry with silence as he narrowed his eyes and stared at the blue tunnel of hyperspace outside the viewport. For a moment, it appeared as if he was deliberately ignoring her, but upon closer inspection, there were obvious signs – the subtle way in which his thumb tapped the arm rest, the uneasy shifting of his right foot – little things that Wyn would be able to pick up on after spending years together with him as close associates and partners. It was a clear indication that he was contemplating an answer.

“If you mean stepping into the shoes of a Republic hero and trying to live his life in order to fool others, then yes, we did a bad thing,” he asserted as he brought his hand down in a sweeping arc to vent his frustration. “That’s the very thing your reporter friend warned us about. I don’t care if it was at the insistence of General Organa; who are we to rewrite history? It was wrong. The guy was dead, and yet…we brought him back to life.”

With a weary sigh, he slumped back into the seat and ran a hand through his tousled hair. He was spent, and he didn’t want to deal with this anymore. He needed closure. “How could she be so callous?” he muttered under his breath as his mind began to wander. “He was her husband…”

Shaking his head in disbelief, Praxon pushed that thought aside and finally returned his attention to Wyn. “But something tells me you’re referring more to our escape,” he noted matter-of-factly. “In that case, no…it wasn’t bad. After everything I just said, this was the least we could do. We can’t live a lie, Wyn.” He smiled sadly and rested his hand on her leg to offer some reassurance. “This was the right choice.”

TAG: Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth likes this.
  5. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    IC: Vale Sera
    The Black Hole, Coruscant – Lower Levels

Vale was nervously eyeing the inebriated woman that had almost landed a head shot just moments before, watching as she slowly came to with the aid of the mysterious masked figure who had also been responsible for the other’s unconsciousness. Her gaze scrutinized the unidentifiable redhead, wondering as to their motive for interjecting when they did, still quite unsure what to make of this whole mess she had so willingly stepped into.

Kriffing idiot, she chastised internally, still absently fingering the ring that hung around her neck. Remaining on her feet, her heart was hammering away in her chest, her breath catching as the stranger in black addressed both women.

“I'm the Benefactor. Yes, code name, but I've used a lot of them over the years. I had a Ryn pick you two up, and sent along a tip. First Order defectors, both of you?”

Vale’s eyes went wide and she reflexively took a step back though she betrayed no other emotion, continuing to listen and think simultaneously. What was this one getting at?

“Seems to tidy for me. What's Snoke up to now? Or is it Ben, attempting to live up to his grandfathers name and acquire a mischievous side?”

The former lieutenant took another half-step towards the curtain that separated this increasingly unsettling encounter from her freedom. This… Benefactor… was asking all the wrong questions and for what purpose? Idle chit chat about the daily going-ons of the First Order?

She stifled an incredulous giggle and straightened. No, they were here for information – hopefully some morsels of value – and then they would silence the source.

Her hand was still wrapped tightly around her blaster, a finger resting over the trigger. Again she looked to her would-be companion, the older female looking a bit worse for wear, but seemingly processing the severity of things just as she was.

"I don't know anything," she responded with a voice that shook.

“And I have no idea what you’re talking about,” Vale spat in hushed tones. The brunette knew she might have an impossible time escaping and was it worth her life? The memory of her husband’s? No, it wasn’t. However, if they were going to demand answers from her, then she would sure as hell do the same of them.

“What is it you want, exactly? Why don’t we establish that first?”

TAGS: Darth Kronos Sinrebirth

6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Immortal Mod-King of the EUC, RPF and SWC star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Chapter Four

What does this First Order benefit the Moff Council? We entered this alliance because we thought we would have control of our destiny again, that it was purely a matter of subjugating the military class to our numbers anew. Instead we have a Solo dictating to us behind a mask, our members and worlds used as bait for their traps, and a shadowy Supreme Leader that we've never actually met as our Head of State?

Moff Sarretti, in private, to the surviving original eight Moffs.

IC: Princess Leia
    Esfandia, Rosa, hangar

The medical droid rolled in and carted off Kodo into the bay, ignoring the confrontation. Bre spoke up, and went to go, but Kyp lightly held her shoulder with the Force, requesting she hold. The entire group did not respond, starting.

And then, Bre’s point about the Holocron influencing them seemed to break the moment though. Goran rolled his eyes. ‘Yeah, Susular, I know, but you could have given me chance to tell Mand’alor. He’s on the level, Boba.’

The bounty hunter lowered his weapon, and Kyp did the same with his. ‘Fine. Let’s prepare Slave I.’ He turned, and cast a look at Leia. ‘I’m starting to wonder if it was worth hooking up with you, General Leia.’

Leia gave a look of ice at the Mandalorian. ‘Susular, Goran, into your fighters, please. We’re about to jump. Corona’s, preflight.’

Argen cleared his throat. ‘I don’t know if that’s such a good idea, Princess. It has trap written all over it. That shadow thing tried to take a chunk out of the Rosa, and I don’t know how it will go.’

Leia turned her glare on him, and the spacer simply held his hands up, palms out. ‘Okay, okay. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.’

The General went to gather her things and head to the Slave I. Kyp watched her go, and then glanced up to Bre while BB-8 mournfully tweetled and rolled after Leia. With a Force empowered hop he joined Bre on the higher level. He eyed the Holocron, which was now inactive. ‘Nothing good can come of that, but I cannot make you hand it over.’ The Jedi Master’s voice was gentle. ‘But gather your things, we’ll be needed on the Slave I.’ Fred watched expectantly.

The Holocron was inactive, but Bre’s blood still stirred. Uncomfortable within her, almost.

Leia marched aboard the Mandalorian Firespray and settled into the copilot seat, ignoring Fett as he setup. She moved to assist in preflight, and Kyp shook his head. ‘I’ll see you aboard. Snoke is interested in you, so you have to be careful. But I sense...’ Kyp’s eyes unfocused. ‘I sense your presence will be important.’ He leapt down and headed up the ramp of the Firespray, taking a seat in the cargo bay-come-passenger bay.

Argen headed back to Cassie, ignoring Damask’s innocent-not-really enquiry as he poked his head out of his room. The Shadow-included malfunction had trapped him inside, apparently. The spacer grimaced. ‘Key in the coordinates. We’re going. General’s orders.’ He glanced at the readout, and spoke over the intercom. ‘Hyperspace in 10 seconds. Arrival will be fifteen minutes after that.’

Lysa, watching with Rhoen, keyed their private channel. ‘Leader, specific orders for me?’ Her tone was light, as if they’d not just watched Boba Fett, Kyp Durron and General Leia Organa spitting at each other. Her father wouldn’t be pleased. ‘Presently I’m thinking I should just stick with you.’

Goran stepped on with Susular. ‘Sorry, vode. I didn’t expect things to get quite so hairy so quickly. You did what was right.’ He hefted himself into his ships cockpit. ‘Fett will thaw. He isn’t as bad as he seems.’

In the hangar bay, BB-8 tootled. Kyp nodded. ‘Yes. Jaina is in danger. Ben too. I can feel it in the Force. Praxon did what he had to, but there’s more at stake than Leia is letting on.’

The Jedi Master pursed his and indicated silence. Bre might have caught that last, if she was just boarding, or she might not.

Aboard the wreck of the Ravager, Unknown Regions

Cappie tweetled. Less destructive to us, you mean. A display showed a position where she should be able to use the torpedoes she had to punch through to one oft the hangar bays and out of the ship.

The display was punctuated by her fire finding a TIE Interceptor, but just as swiftly an explosion was blown into the central area; the area was more than massive enough for her to accommodate a dogfight, though Cappie was careful to warn Jaina that she did not have infinite fuel. She passed one of the Interceptors, which was way out of position to turn about and slammed into one of the immobile cargo trams, but behind her was just as suddenly three TIE fighters - the new, modern ones, complete with shields. Black and red, the SF variant was large enough to accommodate gunner and pilot, and mount mag pulse weapons. Three of them would be an issue for any X-wing variant, but in these tight confines the speed and manoeuvrability of the design was negate - but of course Jaina had a lot of obstacles to dodge; other trams, cranes frozen mid-way across moving massive containers, and the like.

Between her and the target painted by Cappie was a crane high across the space, and a tram at a middling level. The TIE pilots cut their fire beneath her, intending to try and force her up into either of the obstructions, as she felt the Force reach for her like a massive fist, not seeking to shake the X-wing but cloy at it, as if she was suddenly losing power -

This was not something that her big brother could do.

TAG: galactic-vagabond422, @Mitth-Fisto, Darth_wanderguard, Ktala, Lady Belligerent
    ---
    IC: The Benefactor
    The Black Hole, Coruscant underworld

Vale and Luna seemed fairly determined to prove their innocence. The Benefactor huffed, debating reaching for her mask and removing it, revealing green eyes and red hair set on a relatively pale face, paler than most, however.

But no. She had no reason to trust these two. Similarly, it seemed, they had no reason to trust her.

She looked from one to the other, ensuring that she was poised to act against them. He legs she kept uncrossed, so she would be able to push the table up as necessary. “What I want,” she said, testily, her tone apparent even through the mask. A calming breath. “What I want is to ensure the First Order never, ever does something like Hosnian Prime ever again.”

“I want to break it. The galaxy was pretty neat and tidy after the War, and now the First Order seems determined to push us into another wave of violence that is all chaos and no order. First Luke goes into hiding, and then -“ She took another calming breath. “I want to end this war. If you two really are First Order defectors, that just so happened to be in the same hovel hiding, then I believe you. The Force does things like this.”

The Benefactor shrugged, and placed her blaster on the table. Trust was hard for defectors. She knew; she’d been cut loose, three decades ago, when the Empire was still coming to terms with having lost the war.

She allowed the edge of the Emperor’s Hand, that edge which had kept her alive for these long years, to fade, and she summoned up her empathy.

“But I need you to level with me, and I will level with you. I will share things, get what you know out across the DarkNet. I work for Talon Karrde, and he is hooked into the Resistance, into the surviving Senators, and the Smugglers Alliance. I really am your best chance to defect if you want - Force, if you just want to hand over what you know and run, like FN-2817 did at Takodona. Fine. Do that.”

There. She had said it.

Hangar 1138, Underworld, one block down from the Black Hole

It had otherwise been a relatively uneventful journey for the Millennium Falcon. Wyn had allowed the sympathetic hand to her to let her drop her guard. It was easy to relax while an autopilot took over. Even the snatched hour of sleep had been very interrupted, so she suggested Praxon and her grab some sleep for the journey from Esfandia to Coruscant.

Arriving had taken up much of their time piloting and so forth, and the Falcon’s droid minds made a typical landing all the more complicated. But they were down, having been allowed past Coruscant’s impressive defence grid thanks to one of the alternate identities for the old YT-1300 - the Longshot.

When they were settled, Wyn cast an eye around the hangar. One of the shadow hangars in the depths of Coruscant’s underworld, far below the City line, it was occupied by two other ships, with space for a third, totalling four. One was a yacht of some design that seemed oddly familiar, as if Wyn had seen it on the Holovids once before. Sleek and seemingly well armed, standing outside it was a single stationary figure, cowled robe up, a circular hat to his head, effecting a lean against the yacht. It took Wyn a moment to recognise that the humanoid in his cloak was as tall as a Wookiee. Muscle, then.

The second vessel was an aged Skipray blastboat, with marking stripped from it in all manner of way. Odd. But, also not, in these depths where criminal met civilian more often than not.

Wyn mused aloud. “Strange place for a sponsor to consider a meeting.” She flipped up the contact. “An agent of one Talon Karrde, on behalf of the Coruscant media and film association. Ring a bell to you?”

She glanced at their chrono. They were to arrive after Happy Hour, and the patrons were escorted out with the, well, escorts. So they had a minute or two before they were due - a short walk across the walkway to the Black Hole.

In orbit

The fourth berth to the hangar below had already been paid for by the First Order, by circuitous means that were probably unnecessary for the boss of the Black Hole. Money was money, and nobody cred much beyond it being legal tender.

Of course, it was not exactly clear what galactic currency was now, what with the First Order having destroyed the Senate, but Coruscant had kept to Imperial credits for many a year as its unofficial coinage, especially what with the Imperial world becoming the formal capital of the New Republic after Warlord Zsinj was defeated, in the months after the Battle of Jakku.

However, Stele was not focused upon that. They were still several light years out, and Hidax had ignored his jab and simply sat with him. Similarly.Reige had left Jak be, gnawing on his own insecurities.

Taral, however, had responded to Sava’s nervousness with a smile beneath his helmet, but a full chuckle emerged. “You’re way out of your depth.” With a salute, the man stepped out. “Ma’am, I appreciate that Inferno Squad is a big responsibility, but you need to sort your head out. You can have the cargo bay.”

With that, Taral stepped out,leaving Sava to her own insecurities for the rest of the trip. It was a bit of a non-exchange, as if Taral was arrogant enough to consider himself better than her, which was oddly haughty for a faceless Imperial Remnant stormtrooper. But Taral simply prepared himself and checked his weapons over in the meantime.

Reige stepped out to the cargo bay as they entered orbit, Stele sending a signal to them all to convene in the cockpit. Stele spoke up. “Coruscant, the former capital of the Empire and New Republic.” They saw a network of battle stations in orbit, Golan mark III’s. Each had the power to take on an old Star Destroyer, and a pair would give a newer one a hard fight. “After the Battle of Jakku the New Republic attempted to rotate the capital, but ended up settling the executive branch here, moving it from Chandrila. After the defeat of the Crimson Empire, the Senate also settled here, and by and large the two remained here until the Yuuzhan Vong arrived. The capital moved to Mon Calamari and then Denon, and then eventually to Hosnian Prime.”

Stele paused, the man debating the surge of emotion within him. Taral, beneath his trooper helmet, seemed to twitch, even as Reige pulled an unhappy expression which he immediately schooled. Stele was sure that the others would have an opinion on the First Order killing a trillion individuals and the New Republic Senate and First Fleet in one blow, but Stele allowed them their moment as he transmitted codes.

“Now we shall see if the money we paid for them was worth it...” Reige murmured. The former capital was not a pushover, and never would be. Branching out to become a shipyard world as well as an economic hub, it remained a key planet in the galaxy, and as the nexus of several hyperlanes it was forever Triple Zero - coordinates 0,0,0 in the Galactic map.

“Shuttle Well Travelled, out of Ansion. Carrying repair crews out of work since a Republic contract on the comm relay there came to an end.” Stele muttered.

They were nearing one of the kilometre long stations as they transmitted their codes. Stele slowed carefully, so as not to seem as if they were attempting to rush the blockade. “If you have any gods you pray to, perhaps you could about now.” Reige said, wry.

TAG: Darth Kronos, Halle Dray, Darth_wanderguard, QueenSabe7, HanSolo29
    ---
    IC: The Community
    Rhen Var

The Kyber crystals were sentient, not in the way the Shard were, perhaps, but in the same manner the tsils or meltmassif were. And they understood that Victus had used their kind to kill. He had brought them to the second Eye, and they had augmented the modifications he had made to it to turn the vessel into a massive meditation sphere. He had used those amendments to pool the efforts of the Shadow Vanguard to crush a Star Destroyer, killing nearly forty thousand crew members.

The collective mind of the Kyber crystals judged that act one of War; a war they did not invite, a war they did not start. A war they must fight, for the collective to survive. To teach the Empire, the Imperials, the First Order, the Sith, to never interfere with their natures again. The Jedi had understood, making Legacy Worlds such as Jedha off limits to exploitation. That had not stopped first the Separatists exploiting Kyber crystals from Dathomir, Mygeeto, Christophsis and Utapau, and with the Jedi gone the Empire had pillaged Jedha, Ilum and a dozen other former holy sites. The New Republic had sought to recover the crystals and return them to their groves, and had similarly pledged to return the tsils to their homeworld after the Death Seed Crisis, but the Kybers had early on acknowledged that they were too widespread a community, and too long an abused one, for the Jedi to successfully return them all. Thus they had allied with Victus, a former Shadow Guard, who had seen the wastefulness of his Emperor after Scarif, after Alderaan, and slowly turned away from such excesses.

But then he used the Kybers to scry for the face of his enemy. The High Inquisitor who had escaped the Solusar’s on Dantooine and returned to his kin. The community wavered. This was not war; this was a personal excess, a moment of using the crystals solely to strike down a foe from one end of the galaxy to the other. Ignoring the sheer impossibility of such a feat, the community collectively grew worrisome; it was an act of personal malice, even as Yuuzhan Vong warriors flooded the innards of the Eye, even as other warships tangled with the defences the asteroid. It would not end the immediate danger they were in.

The community demurred. It was a necessary act to defend the galaxy. But was it? The Shadow Vanguard had been the personal effort of Victus. But they had not intervened when the Dark Empire emerged; had not defended their fellow Tsils; had not stepped into defend Coruscant as it fell to invaders. They had just gathered their strength, to the point that they had not even intervened to defend Hosnian Prime. At which excess they did not respond to did they see that they were not defending the weak, but simply being hoarded?

At which point did they realise Victus was using them to achieve his own goals?

The crystals decided.

Out-system

As Leonias and his immediate kin erased their foes, the High Inquisitor Tremayne felt the response of the man. He had opened himself up as a conduit to Victus, to enable a link to be formed and used as a weapon. As impossible as the distances were, it was the sentiment expressed that amused Tremayne.

The act of breaking a Kyber crystal was one of immense struggle. If you failed, they could strike back and destroy you. If you simply drive their consciousness into defeat, they could betray you at the worst possible moment. It took a true master of the dark side to bring a crystal to heel, to wound it so that it bled the purest of crimson.

And so, to the observer, when it briefly appeared as if the Rhen Var system acquired a second sun, it did not surprise Tremayne. For Leonias’ purposes, it would be as if his contact was severed, and his connection with Victus would briefly be filled with the abject terror of thousands of individuals and then vanish, causing him to briefly blackout. Tremayne smiled softly, and when he was sure Leonias was conscious, spoke anew, taking in his stride the complete loss of his task force.

It was a calculated excess.

The Dagger’s systems chimed briefly. It had tracked Tremayne to the edges of the Chandrila system; and identified the encryption used to mask his voice and even supplied a name of the war criminal, one of few listed under the Bastion Accords as a threat that remained in existence.

‘You are alone now, my friend. Come to me, and together we shall strike back at the First Order. I sought to come to terms with your friends, and they are now gone. Together I can complete your training and bring true peace to the galaxy. My master awaits.’ A pause, for dramatic effect. ‘I offer you an opportunity, Colcha.’

Chandrila

Admiral Drayson watched as Vincent Mikaru’s ship dropped into low orbit, and promptly vanished. The Force near Myna’vera rumbled with a sudden disappearance; a void. Something had shifted, and even the spirits of the tomb were silenced. Even Force-mute Droma twitched, his tail thrashing.

As he lowered himself down into the tomb after the Twi’lek, he spoke out, calling after her. ‘Are you alright, Myna? Something strange is going on.’

Sure enough, she had fallen through into a deeper level than prior excavations, and she stepped into a room which was more cavern than construct. In the centre of the chamber was a statue, holding what seemed to be an axe or spear of some kind - mechanical lights flashed on in the room, briefly, illuminating a corpse impaled on the same - but also showing at the base a stone formed book with a glowing cube within it, which shone even when the lighting system shorted out anew and left the two of them in darkness. Droma clumsily, loudly, landed behind her, stepping into the dark to stand beside the Twi’lek.

But there was also a growl. A trio of them. Different octaves, all distinct. Dark side creatures, usually present at Sith tombs. Tukata, stirred by the brief flash of illumination from their slumber in stasis, and as the glow panels shifted back on, the three massive hounds now stood between Myna’vera and Droma and the statue base, and what could only be a Holocron nestled in the book of stone.

The first of the three - the smallest hellhound - leapt forward, and Droma dove in one direction, away from Myna. If they could separate its focus, perhaps -

En route

His message dispatched into the ether of the broken HoloNet, piggy backing through the network of First Order communications, and even being dispersed across the DarkNet, the speech of Leonias Colcha made him all the more known, and many acknowledged his call - if they could here it.

Beta had judged that the New Republic would convalesce over its historic capital, Chandrila, where the Chancellor and Senate had first gathered after the Emperor’s death at Endor. While Coruscant might align with the First Order or New Republic, Chandrila would be rebel through and through. It was inevitable that the Resistance would be there, and, in all likelihood, Colcha eventually, too. Other like minded organisations would gather, and a fleet come into being, one which could hopefully smash the First Order for good.

Rumours abounded of the Resistance being driven from D’Qar, and then from Yavin 4, with what little Beta has been able to pickup from the shortlived access to the FO network.

General Leia Organa was completely absent from known space, implying the leadership of the Resistance was following a more direct course to end the war - but how, they had no immediate inkling. Snoke was at Eshan, at Yavin 4, at half a dozen places at once, and nowhere, all at once.

Beta exchanged databytes with Norin.

What is the plan?

TAG: @LordTrekie, @Kev_Mas-Colcha x 2
    ---
    IC: Sponsor
    Debris of a Library

Bron Dooku was shamelessly naive. But he had his sincerity, and his presence... and the Sponsor could only smile, slightly, a jaded one but a smile nonetheless, concealed behind her face-mask. Leaping from cover, her red hair flowing, she fired a bolt that took one of the assailants in the face.

Sponsor nodded to herself and rushed forward, hoping Bron could at least distract the others even if he was not, likely, a practised shot - but Sponsor would not be surprised if Bron had hidden depths even here. His droid friend at least did something useful; it reached for a book of some age and crashed it across the helmet of one of the soldiers, the binder snapping and as much dust flowing from the ancient manuscript as pages; throwing a cloud of paper into the air from the point of impact -

Suddenly bolts pierced many of the pages as one of the troopers opened up in full, his double handed blaster rifle keyed to full-automatic fire. The scholar-droid went down, throwing himself towards Bron and her, and she clenched her teeth as she shot another guard.

Another, outside the immediate cloud of paper and fire, drew a bead on her, and though her battle instincts screamed at her as to the danger, she had to rely on Bron for a moment while she narrowed her green eyes and shot through the hail of blaster fire as she launched to hide behind another piece of masonry.

She best not lose Bron saving a worthless droid, she darkly reflected. It would not go well.

TAG: LelalMekha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Leonias Colcha
    Silver Beacon, Deep core approach

Victus was gone. While Leonias mourned for the lost comrades that fell with him, he rejoiced for the removal of one he likened to a slavemaster controlling him in the same way the Emperor controlled his father. Leonias was free to do as he wished now, and now his plans could finally be set into motion.

Just then, the Silver Beacon’s system chimed briefly, as it completed an decryption of the Force messages that kept bugging him.

As Leonias learned of the mysterious Inquisitor’s location and identity, a grim look formed on his face. He knew he shouldn’t confront him, but his very location was the one location in which the Resistance would most likely gather. His very presence put every single bit of his plans in jeopardy. Leonias was about to reach for his comms to contact his squadron before he was immediately interrupted by another message from the Inquisitor he now knew as Tremayne.

“You are alone now, my friend. Come to me, and together we shall strike back at the First Order. I sought to come to terms with your friends, and they are now gone. Together I can complete your training and bring true peace to the galaxy. My master awaits.” A pause, for dramatic effect. “I offer you an opportunity, Colcha.”

“Despite the fact that I must thank you for eliminating an obstacle from my path,” Leonias replied, “The opportunity you offer me is one of another kind, Tremayne. When my father was freed from the grip of Palpatine, Cronal sought to take him for his own. He resisted, and so will I.”

Leonias then continued to do what he was doing before being unceremoniously interrupted, and sent a squad-wide communication.

“Crimson Dagger Squad,” began Leonias, “We are alone now. As of just a few moments ago, our friends at Rhen Var have disappeared, and we can assume them all to be dead. Now is not the time to mourn for their loss, but to set forth our plans into action. We begin Operation Sunrise, effective immediately. Eliminate the gravity mines blocking our exit, then proceed to Thyrsus. As soon as you have met up with Reaper and gathered our forces, rendezvous with me on Chandrila and be prepared for battle.”

As the Crimson Dagger squad fired upon the mines and destroyed them, Leonias made the hyperspace calculations to make the jump to Chandrila.

Soon after, the last gravity mine was destroyed, and Leonias pulled the hyperdrive levers, sending him towards Chandrila, and the Crimson Dagger squadron followed suit with their jumps to Thyrsus.

------

Norin Durame
    Nomad Son, En route

“What is the plan?” came the message from Beta on the viewscreen, translating his binary chirps.

“Set course for Chandrila,” replied Norin, as he stroked what little was left of the fur on top of the head of his cyborg Nexu, Captain Fluffles, “Lets just hope your calculations are correct, and that the home of Mon Mothma will be the point at which all Resistance activity converges..”

“Dweeeeep!” chriped back the BT-1 Assassin droid in affirmation, and the YV-560 class light freighter was hurled into the blue sea of hyperspace.

Tag: Sinrebirth;

8. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Rhoen Aquilla
    Rosa

Rhoen stood arms crossed near his X-Wing just letting the conversation…argument…whatever it was continue. It was not a place for him. Between the General, three mandalorians, and Bre there was really no place for him to interject. Orders had been given, a plan put in place he had all he needed.

Well now that Seven was at his side he had everything.

"Leader, specific orders for me?" he looked over to her hearing her light tone seemingly unfazed by the conflict playing out before them. "Presently I’m thinking I should just stick with you."

"Yeah," he replied, "With the general putting herself in harm's way we'll have to stick as close as we can to her as well. I don't like this, I don't like her taking such a risk. If we lose her I fear this war might be lost." His worry was in his voice. "Come on, we're about to jump, let's get ready." He turned around to do one last check of his fighter then jump into the cockpit.

TAG: Sinrebirth, Mitth_Fisto, Darth_wanderguard, Ktala, Lady Belligerent

9. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    IC: Bron Dooku
    Debris of a library
    Bron started striding slowly, holding his cape in front of himself over his left arm. Although armorweave did provide a degree of deflection against blasters from mid- to long-range, it wouldn't stop a bolt from short-range. Bron might have been naive, but he was no fool. Courage and nobility aside, he knew his limits. Whoever his savior could be, she certainly was a far better warrior than him, and it was only logical that she should take the lead in a situation like that.

The scholar tried to remember what Weapons Master Durane had told him so many years ago. He could see him as if it had been yesterday, a jovial, thick-trunked man in an improbable burgundy suit. Don't aim, he'd said. It'll only cause you to shoot behind. Just think where you want the bolt to go, your brain will do the rest all by itself. Back then, it had sounded so counterintuitive, and it still did. But it worked back then. And it obviously still did. With a shriek of surprise and irritation, the Borgin trooper he'd targeted let go of his rifle. In a moment of grace--and utter, solid luck, Bron had managed to hit his shooting hand.

Now would have been the right time to take the trooper down for good, but the scholar had never actually killed a man before. He got ready to shoot again, hoping that the bolt would hit a leg. Dassid, however, sort of did the job for him. In his panicked run to get away, the droid roll-bumped into the wounded trooper, causing him to fall flat on his back. Taking advantage of his droid assistant's unvoluntary act of heroism, Bron took cover behind what had been a milky larmalstone statue. He was still at mid-range, but had obviously absorbed a bolt or two, judging by burnt marks on the armorweave and the hissing sounds his cape was making. Meanwhile, Dassid darted to take cover behind him as well.

10. Ktala

Ktala Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Belila Gambros (Bre)
    The Rosa Hanger

Bre stood, holding the Holocon by the cloth she had used to tie it up. She didnt want to touch it. She wanted to get rid of it. She had turned to leave, but felt a slight bit of pressure on her shoulder.

With a smoldering look, she look over towards Kyp. She growled softly, but held her place.

Bre didnt understand what was being spoken between the hunters. But after Kyp lowered his weapon, one of the hunters spoke. ‘Fine. Let’s prepare Slave I.’ He turned, and cast a look at Leia. ‘I’m starting to wonder if it was worth hooking up with you, General Leia.’ The general responded with a look of ice at the Mandalorian. The General then issued other orders as well. ‘Susular, Goran, into your fighters, please. We’re about to jump. Corona’s, preflight.’

Jump?? Jump where, Bre wondered.
    Oh yeah, they still chasing tall, dark and scary.

Argen cleared his throat, and then stated the same thing that Bre had just stated. But the look the
    General gave him, he simply held up his hands, and then quickl walked away. BB-8 mournfully tweetled and

rolled after Leia. Bre looked over at Fred. The two droids really seemed to have hit it off well. Kyp joined Bre on the higher level with a powerful leap. He eyed the now silent Holocron. ‘Nothing good can come of that, but I cannot make you hand it over.’ His voice was gentle. But she did not like his implications. What made him think she WANTED the cursed thing?? It came from Snope. It was part of his trap. Bre rubbed her arms. She could still feel it. An echo. Why was Snope so interested in her? Almost
    obsessed. It was annoying. It made her angry. She felt like he was definitely coming after her directly. Never a good thing. Kyp interrupted her thoughts. ‘But gather your things, we’ll be needed on the Slave I.’ Fred watched expectantly.

Bre opened her mouth to complain...loudly. But instead suddenly snapped her jaws shut, without saying a word. She was angry. Why?

"That...feels wrong." was the only thing Bre could say, as she worked to contain her feelings. Kyp shook his head. ‘I’ll see you aboard. Snoke is interested in you, so you have to be careful. But I sense...’

Kyp’s eyes unfocused. ‘I sense your presence will be important.’ He leapt down and headed up the ramp of the Firespray, taking a seat in the cargo bay-come-passenger bay.

Bre growled softly. She then gave a deep sigh. "Come on Fred. Guess you and BB-8 can continue your chatter. She then leaned down, and patted him gently. "And thanks for that saved, by the way." she laughed softly. Then turned back to head for her room, to grab her items. Being volunteered to help is one thing. Being bait to try to catch a dangerous, insane shadow is something else. And that is what Bre was feeling at the moment.

She headed for the Firespray vessel. As they neared the ramp, she could hear BB-8's bleeps.. And then she heard something else.

.... 'Praxon did what he had to, but there’s more at stake than Leia is letting on.’

Bre stomped on board, passing Master Kyp with a glare as she found a place to sit down, and place her bundle. Bre then held out the wrapped up Holocron she had attached to the end of a piece of metal she had found. "Once we launch, can we shoot this into the nearest sun? I dont think we should give Snope another chance to attack us with this thing." She was annoyed. She missed her bike. She had no idea what was the plan. What they were supposed to do?

How typical.

She rubbed her arms once more. She then closed her eyes, as she tried to meditate.

TAG: galactic-vagabond422, Sinrebirth, Kahn_Iceay, Darth_wanderguard, Lady Belligerent, Mitth_Fisto

11. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Susulur Dha'tra
    Esfandia, Rosa, hangar

The medical droid rolled in and carted off Kodo into the bay, ignoring the confrontation. Bre spoke up, and turned as though to leave, but she stayed. The entire group did not respond, starting. Aruetiise. This wasn't worth stopping over. Things would be resolved between him and Mandalor soon enough, one way or another.

And then, Bre’s point about the Holocron influencing them seemed to break the moment though. Goran rolled his eyes. ‘Yeah, Susular, I know, but you could have given me chance to tell Mand’alor. He’s on the level, Boba.’

The bounty hunter lowered his weapon, and Kyp did the same with his. ‘Fine. Let’s prepare Slave I.’ He turned, and cast a look at Leia. ‘I’m starting to wonder if it was worth hooking up with you, General Leia.’

Giving one slow nod to his Mand'alor, back or front didn't really matter. He knew his Mand'alor would be keeping a closer eye on him from now on. As for the comments being made Susulur had to agree wholeheartedly as he chuckled silently inside his bucce, although the action did cause his shoulder bells and chest plates to wobble and shake from the action.

Leia gave a look of ice at the Mandalorian. ‘Susular, Goran, into your fighters, please. We’re about to jump. Corona’s, preflight.’

Argen cleared his throat. ‘I don’t know if that’s such a good idea, Princess. It has trap written all over it. That shadow thing tried to take a chunk out of the Rosa, and I don’t know how it will go.’

Leia turned her glare on him, and the spacer simply held his hands up, palms out. ‘Okay, okay. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.’

The General went to gather her things and head to the Slave I. Kyp watched her go, and then glanced up to Bre while BB-8 mournfully tweetled and rolled after Leia. With a Force empowered hop he joined Bre on the higher level.

Leia marched aboard the Mandalorian Firespray following after Mand'alor. What he wouldn't give to be a flit gnat on the wall of that cockpit! Ah, it still left him with a smile as he walked toward his own crafts location. Kyp leapt down after having words with their shape changer and headed up the ramp of the Firespray, lucky barve.

Argen spoke over the intercom. ‘Hyperspace in 10 seconds. Arrival will be fifteen minutes after that.’

Nodding at that Dha'tra began doing some stretching exercises as he stood underneath his ship, letting some of the time slip by.

Goran stepped on with Susular. ‘Sorry, vode. I didn’t expect things to get quite so hairy so quickly. You did what was right.’ He hefted himself into his ships cockpit. ‘Fett will thaw. He isn’t as bad as he seems.’

"Eh, he is just a man with a past. You don't get to be Mand'alor without one." with a slight twist of his neck and roll of his shoulders he aimed his wrist whip up to his signaled fighter which had opened it's canopy at the properly coded signal. Launching the cable from his gauntlet he let the combination of his rocket boots and winch hoist his body up to the fighter, where he began pulling himself inside upside down. One handed flicking switches until he powered up the limited artificial gravity and inertial dampers to keep himself from falling straight back out to the hanger floor that now was above him, well it was a relished challenge as he could think of no better test for his healed bone. Well, besides outright pounding on it with a beskar laden fist.

TAG: @Hanger bay Peeps, Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth likes this.
  12. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Duke Praxon
    Hangar 1138, Underworld, one block down from the Black Hole, Coruscant

As soon as Praxon emerged from the interior of the Millennium Falcon and stepped down onto the permacrete surface of Coruscant’s underworld, he frowned. This was not what he had imagined when Wyn first pitched the idea of a job proposal. Even with fair warning, nothing could prepare him for the sense of foreboding and the general lack of care that permeated the area like a disease. It was far from the lavish lifestyle he had lived for most of his life, and for a brief moment, he began to question Wyn’s motives. Was her judgment waning? Was this really a good idea?

Tugging at the collar of his leather coat, he studied her profile as she surveyed the scene. He had since traded Solo’s wardrobe for something he was more accustomed to – a dark shirt and pants, expensive leather coat, a pair of regular shoes, and his customary shades to complete the assemble. It wasn’t a huge departure from what he had worn earlier, but at least he had the peace of mind knowing that he was no longer clad in the clothes of a dead man. That thought still sent shivers down his spine. How the hell had they convinced him to do that, anyway? It had been a ludicrous idea from the start! If anything, it only reaffirmed his position to jump ship and leave it all behind.

But now?

Well, this wasn’t exactly the trade-off he had been hoping for…

For the moment, he slid the eyewear down over his face to hide his disdain over the unfolding situation. He noted that Wyn was watching a shadowy figure milling around a pair of ships resting on the opposite end of the hangar. The figure’s solid mass was hidden behind a bulky cloak, which only added to his unease.

“Are you sure this is the right place?” he grumbled with a sigh. He made it rather apparent that he was not happy with these arrangements. It was the classic elitist attitude of the over-privileged, but Praxon either didn’t seem to mind, or failed to recognize the slip.

“Strange place for a sponsor to consider a meeting,” Wyn seemed to agree as she checked the contact on her datapad. “An agent of one Talon Karrde, on behalf of the Coruscant media and film association. Ring a bell to you?”

Praxon only stared at her, his reaction safely guarded behind the dark shades concealing his eyes. In fact, yes, the name did ring a bell…and it was shady as hell. It was no secret that Praxon had an obsession with vintage starships and had procured a sizable collection over the years. On his many excursions to the Outer Rim to follow-up on leads for the latest item in his collection, he recalled a few of the more reputable dealers casually mentioning Talon Karrde on several occasions. He had never felt it necessary to pry further into their conversations, but now he found it all rather curious. Was there a connection?

“Maybe,” he replied cryptically as he reached up to rub a finger over his chin in thought. “I might have heard the name a few times, but I can’t place it…” He shook his head. “Better get back to me later on that one.”

Licking his lips, he then nodded in the direction of the bar. “We better get moving. Maybe it’ll help jog my memory.”

He offered a small smile, a conciliatory gesture for his terrible mood, and began striding through the murk with his hands shoved deep into his pockets.

Gods, how he hated this place…

Sinrebirth likes this.
  13. Halle Dray

Halle Dray Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    IC: Sava Boutros

Sava sighed as she primly sat on an overturned packing container. So much for a good impression, she thought to herself.
    No doubt Taral now thought she was incapable of such a responsibility.

Remember your training, Sava. Remember how you had to work harder than anyone in the Academy.

She let her shoulders slump and buried her head in her hands, trying to hold back the tears. Some days she wished she could go back to
    her desert home and relive her childhood. But she couldn't go back and Sava knew she couldn't live with the embarrassment of messing up a mission.
    This was her chance to prove her worth, to honor her parent's effort in getting her admitted into the First Order Academy, and to possibly move up in the ranks.

Standing up and brushing off her black, sleek pants, Sava drew a few deep breaths and smoothed her hair. Reevaluating her priorities, she took a walk around the ship.
    This Reige fellow was odd. She had some doubts about his connection to the Moff and her father, especially since her father had been a scavenger. What was more odd was that General Hux had used someone from the Remnant. She'd have to watch her back. He seemed like someone who wanted to control all aspects of the mission.

Hidax, she wasn't concerned about. He was a good fighter and he had been willing to work with her previously. Jak and Stele, she didn't even know. She hadn't spoken a word to them. Perhaps to find them would be her first goal.

TAGS: @Darth Kronos @Darth_wanderguard @QueenSabe7 @Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth and Darth Kronos like this.
  14. QueenSabe7

Mar 23, 2001

Vale listened intently as ‘the Benefactor’ began to speak once more. She remained as she was, on edge and standing by the curtain that separated the booth from the rest of the establishment, though she allowed her finger to slip from the trigger of her blaster. Betraying a touch of impatience in their tone, or something close to it, the masked stranger then threw out a mention of the atrocity that was Hosnian Prime.

The former lieutenant’s knees nearly buckled on the words alone, her free hand reaching out to the wall at her side for support. She could feel the tears welling in her eyes and she turned her head away from the others, a mixture of shame, guilt and sorrow causing her cheeks to flush and a lump to form in her throat.

“I want to break it,” the assumed female said.

Vale wanted to grab this person by the shoulders and shake her, shouting into their unseen face that she desired that very same thing! No matter which side you swear allegiance to, no one should have that kind of power, to snuff out entire systems from existence in simple seconds. It hadn’t bothered her as much as it should have, in the events leading up to Starkiller’s inaugural use, but having such a personal connection to the tragedy in her husband had finally brought it home for her.

The mere thought of the unthinkable amount of lives lost on that day was enough to make her ill, and she nearly was, swallowing the bile that risen in the back of her throat as she continued listening.

“But I need you to level with me, and I will level with you...”

The brunette composed herself, brushing a few loose strands of hair back off her face and - with visible reluctance – slowly holstered her weapon. She had taken in the Benefactor’s offer and mulled it over, considering her options though not like she had any others. Here she suddenly felt extremely exhausted, a permanent heaviness that had increased in pressure over the last few weeks. She hadn’t been sleeping well, if at all, and the combination of all the other tumultuous emotions she felt at every minute of every day made it as if she carried the entire galaxy on her shoulders.

Vale could not fathom actually aligning with the Resistance, but maybe… just maybe… helping others in some small way would ease this constant pain she was in. A selfish reason to share intel? Yes. But it was the only reason she could use to go against everything she had ever known.

“I don’t know much…” she began but stopped. She didn’t know much and she wouldn’t share everything. She needed leverage. She didn’t know who in the kriff this ‘Talon Karrde’ character was or what he did to gather information to share with his cause.

I really am your best chance to defect if you want.

Those words rang as true to Vale and they were all she clung to as she made the decision to be honest.

“I need help.” Her reddened eyes searched the black mask as if she could actually see the woman’s face beneath. “If you can guarantee that, then… I will… help you.”

Something in her mind told her this was the right move, but in her heart and in her gut she felt like she didn’t even know herself anymore.

TAGS: Darth Kronos Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth and Darth Kronos like this.
  15. Darth Kronos

Jan 2, 2016
    IC: Jak Dexter - Aboard the Finalizer, in orbit above Coruscant

Jak sighed as Reige abruptly left the command lounge, leaving Jak completely alone, standing in the middle of the overly polished and fancy room like a moron, before exiting the command lounge. He soon entered his personal shuttle, grabbing his various weapons - a sharp knife, a small pistol, his automatic rifle which he slung around his neck and body with a sling, and his sniper rifle, his primary which also had an optional sling attached to it. He did not actually polish his weapons because he wasn't a narcissistic little womp rat.

A signal was sent to him, telling him to make his way to the cockpit of the cargo bay.

As he made his way there and entered the bay, he had eyed a girl seemingly wandering aimlessly around the ship. And, unless he was mistaken, which he often wasn't, she was trying to refrain from bursting into tears. Jak briefly made eye contact with her before returning his gaze to his front.

Once Jak arrived in the cockpit, the one that was apparently called Stele started the debriefing. It wasn't much of one. Reige had simply decided to spew pointless history about Coruscant - pointless history that Jak already knew. From the switch of the galaxy's capital to the Hosnian Prime connection. An act that was, in his opinion, one of the worst atrocities the galaxy had ever seen. Outright slaughtering billions, if not a trillion people just to prove to the galaxy just how tough they were. It was hurting innocents without a purpose.

He had contemplated refusing the offer because of that fact. But, obviously, he had accepted it because the Starkiller Base had been destroyed. The First Order surely wasn't moronic enough to try it a second time, right? They would surely learn from the sins of their predecessor.... Right?

He hoped so.

Jak lazily leaned against the wall, hiding his disdain with a formal and neutral expression, and held his rifle, tip up, like a walking stick.

Reige mentioned preying to their personal gods and Jak just had to internally scoff at the very idea of it. While Jak certainly believed in the concept of the Force existed, history said so, he did not believe for a second that there was some all-powerful being watching them from afar.

He readied his weapons as the ship landed.

TAG: Sinrebirth Halle Dray Darth_wanderguard

-----

IC: Luna - The Black Hole Cantina, Coruscant

The situation did not go as Luna had expected it to. The Benefactor, instead of taking her and the Other Woman to the First Order for ransom money, spoke against the military organization, mentioning the Hosnian Prime system incident in the process. Words that instantly sent a pang of guilt into her heart. The thought of the billions of innocent lives all looking at the reddening sky in terror before their undeserved deaths plagued her. It had been plaguing her for a little while. Sleep was a rarity. Even if she was one of a few that was "just following orders," it did not do anything to make her feel better. She had had a choice then, and she chose to take the lives of those countless people. As did everyone else who had been in the control room at that time. But those people died during the Resistance's assault on the station. She didn't.

Luna blinked away tears as she listened to the rest of the speech. Her words asked for trust. The Other Woman, with some consideration, accepted her offer. An offer that, to Luna, seemed too good to be true. If she trusted this stranger, she could end up getting captured and sent to a First Order prison - with a woman she had tried to drunkenly murder not half an hour ago. The Benefactor refused to even remove her mask. Hiding her face was not reassuring.

But, if she refused, what then? Would she just stay in this ****hole and drink herself to death or wait for First Order Stormtroopers to find her? Even if she was aged, Luna could not run for the rest of her life. The Benefactor made an offer that could potentially save her life.

She replied to the Benefactor shortly after the Other Woman did. "All I want is safety from the First Order. If you can get me that, I'll give you whatever you want."

She would have left it at that, but there was still a nagging feeling in the back of her mind.

Lack of trust.

She needed some form of reassurance.

"I'd feel better about this if you'd remove your mask," she said, trying not to sound demanding.

Despite her precautions, Luna had made a decision that defied all logic. A decision she had discarded a few moments earlier.

Luna had taken a risk.

TAG: Sinrebirth QueenSabe7

Sinrebirth likes this.
  16. Lady Belligerent

Lady Belligerent • WNU Adoptions Coordinator• star 7 VIP - Game Host

Jan 29, 2008
    The Sword of the Jedi
    Ravager

Jaina had piloted various ships through the Maw, and through conditions much worse than this maze of obstacles. Her father was probably the greatest pilot in the galaxy...well, Jag was pretty good too, but she didn’t want to think about him. The main thing was that piloting was in her genes with or without the Force.

Her confidence was strong, she could get out of this chaos.

Chaos didn't bother Jaina, she embraced it, she was the chaos.

She pulled the yoke back and banked a hard turn away from an approaching service vehicle that was probably wishing they weren’t in her path, but they didn’t have long to think about it because the TIE that had been on her tail smashed into it.

Jaina checked her display to figure out what her next target should be when she felt the engines quiver. “Cappie?” But she didn’t have to finish her question because the droid was already scrolling his own questions across her display.

“Oh, no you don’t,” she muttered and reached out with the Force. This wasn’t her X-Wing’s engines, and this wasn’t something Ben could do. Her anger blazed at her wayward brother and there was no need to bother concealing her presence. They clearly knew where she was.

“Cappie,” Jaina whispered over a secret connection, “load up Dad’s emergency kit.”

The droid answered back with a soft reply, “woooooo.” Jaina meant business.

“Keep this for an emergency,” Han Solo had told his daughter when he insisted she have it stowed in her ship. “You can never tell what kind of trouble will find you, and we Solos seem to be a magnet for trouble.” Thinking of his lopsided grin made her smile, but the tremor of the bomb moving to a weapons rack reminded her that this was probably what Han Solo had meant by trouble.

Jaina quickly decided which direction made the most sense and took her X-Wing into a nose dive. She pressed a button to release the missile and watched it whisk past her viewport. Cappie was squealing, but she had to keep her concentration on that bomb to apply kinetic energy at the exact moment -

Cappie had taken the controls so that Jaina could guide the missile. They had used similar tactics before, except this time Jaina had no idea what sort of explosive her dad had given her, but someone extremely powerful was playing cat and mouse with her so it was time to play her skifter.

She triggered the detonation just as it hit a main support column that supported the center most section of the lower putter hull. Cappie was giving the engines as much power as he could spare and still keep shields up. Which helped but the blast had been intense.

Jaina was blinded for several minutes from the sheer white brilliance that had engulfed them. It was impossible to see, but she had the Force to be her eyes when she grabbed the yoke and took back control of the fighter.

Tag: Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth likes this.
  17. Lord_Trekie

Lord_Trekie Jedi Padawan

Jun 27, 2016
    IC: Myna'vera
    The Depths of Hell, or just the Tomb of the Barsen'thor

While Droma was busy making himself a target to these dark-side force beasts, Myna calmly drew her holstered 3A, took aim, and waited. While it was certainly nice to have his attention grabbing distraction, she'd have much rather had Dee down here to help, but whether he knew it or not, he had made this a much fairer fight just by being here. Once the beast gave her enough of its neck she quickly squeezed the trigger twice, sending the shots into it and dropping it to the ground. If it wasn't dead already, it would be soon.

No sooner had she fired her kill shots than she was un-slinging her pack and pulling out the spare X-30 she kept as a backup. Of course by the time she had done so the two larger beasts had made up their mind to slowly advance towards her. Myna had never been sure exactly how sentient these things were, and certainly never cared, but this was definitely a chalk up on the pretty smart column, since they weren't going for the seemingly weaponless Droma. She took enough time to make sure her pack was closed before kicking it off to the side so it hopefully didn't get trampled. Once that was out of the way she started methodically firing shots into the ground in front of the pair of Tuk'ata. Given the structural state of the caverns above her that might not have been a terribly well thought out plan if there was somehow another chamber below, but it kept them from charging at her for the moment.

After what seemed like an eternity she stopped firing with her off-hand, and against her better judgement, tossed the X-30 to the Ryn. When he didn't immediately start firing at the Tuk'ata advancing on her, she started to worry. Maybe he was a terrible shot, maybe he was going to shoot her instead. So when he actually started firing the blaster just a moment later she nearly jumped out of her skin. He'd just needed to wait for them to move forward a little more. He seemed to severely wound one of them before the other lept at Myna.

She tucked down and rolled as far to the side as she could, but still got hit in the side pretty good as the beast charged past her. Wincing in pain as she raised her blaster hand she pumped a few shots into the wounded one to try and finish it off before turning her attention to the last one that seemed like it couldn't make up it's mind who to try and eat. Unfortunately for Myna she was closer, so it tried to make a short leap that would have it land on her if she hadn't managed to tumble backwards. Of course now she was in too much pain to do anything more than breathe for a moment, so she expected to be Tuk'ata food in mere moments. Luckily for her Droma was more useful than she gave him credit for, having picked up a few large-ish rocks to throw at the beast to distract it from eating her.

Having drawn it's attention gave her enough time to raise her pained arm and start peppering the beasts hind legs, it took far too many, between her now less than stellar aim and the beasts somewhat singular focus, but she finally crippled it just as it was about to try and jump on the cornered Droma. Of course it was still trying to crawl towards the Ryn, but he was able to move to the side now, and give her a better shot at it's neck, which she took in earnest, only stopping when she drained the power cell on her blaster.

The Tuk'ata seemingly dispatched for the moment, she turned her attention to the Holocron. Taking a moment to retrieve her bag, she carefully used it to scoop up the artifact, doing her utmost to not physically touch it. "Lets get out of here..."

Tag: Sinrebirth Kev-Mas_Colcha?

Sinrebirth likes this.
  18. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Immortal Mod-King of the EUC, RPF and SWC star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Chapter Five

What do you mean that Officers Aquilla and Dunter have not been accounted for, Corona Three? What is this I hear from Captain Genkal that they've joined some Hit Squad chasing Snoke into the Unknown Regions? I'm going to have Aquilla's hide when I see him next. Abort that, I'm coming for you.

General Wedge Antilles, to Corona Three, intercepted transmission.

---
    IC: Natasi Daala
    Aboard the Chimaera, one light minute out

While Kyp smiled at Bre and promised her that they could shoot it into the sun when they arrived, or just space the thing, and while BB-8 and Fred tugged her bike aboard, someone else was ruminating on something else entirely, though Snoke was definitely on her mind.

They had three hours left before being authorised to depart; to abandon the dying hulk of the Ravager. While positioned here, Admiral Daala had ruminated on her orders. Not used to following direction for some time, it was a perplexing feeling to trust a chain of command for so long.

She had fought the Rebels long after the Galactic Concordance had been signed - for she had not been present when it had been. But the treaty had robbed her of legitimacy before she returned to the Empire, having spent years hiding in the Maw, watching over the think tank of scientists responsible for fine tuning the Death Star, for designing the World Devastator, and so forth. Legitimacy had not concerned Daala, just practicalities. Reunifying the Empire by gassing warlords, she had fought even when Pellaeon and his Remnant signed their own addendum to the Galactic Concordance; the Bastion Accords. Reorganising her forces into the Second Imperium, she had fought on, alone, and lost more conclusively than ever before.

If anything, the Yuuzhan Vong War had given her a change to recover. And recover she had; acting to defend worlds that the New Republic could not; would not. A fleet emerged from the new support, and new membership, and they intervened in the Meridian Sector, at Esfandia, and at Mandalore, defeating the invaders and preparing for the battle which would end the Republic. In those shadows they found true purpose, and the discovery of the First Order - a potential boon to their cause.

The first step was here; the defanging of the First Order. Once the Resistance was put on the path to end the Knights of Ren and Snoke, they would make their next move. The Empire Reborn would be assured.

‘Admiral, there is an explosion aboard the Ravager.’

‘On-screen.’

The probes left behind immediately showed the detonation, and then a cruciform shape emerging, silhouetted by the gout of flame and the black-hulled X-wing clearly damaged. Behind it came two TIEs; Interceptors. Hardly the ordinary First Order fare but decent enough. Swallowing her surprise at a Jedi X-wing being present and pursued, she snapped orders. ‘Jump in the Spite and order it to block the enemy escape. Have the Scylla prepare to jump and have its pilots ready their ships.’ A chorus of acknowledgments and a Scimitar-class frigate jumped, with her sole Victory-class Star Destroyer readying to jump.

‘Trigger the gravity mines. I don’t want anyone escaping.’ It would take a few moments for the gravity wells to generate, and the frigate, which appeared before the X-wing and TIE pair, would keep them more than busy.

All of a sudden, however, a freighter of some size emerged from hyperspace. Data pegged it as the Rosa. Daala bristled. ‘Have the Scylla jump now - ready the rest of the Maw Fleet.’

More acknowledgments but Daala tuned them out. Who could this be, in the depths of the Unknown Regions? The Hit Squad that was foretold?

Wreckage system

When the Rosa arrived, there was a moment when the systems flared and data streamed into the Slave I, and to the X-wings and Mandalorian fighters. Argen came across the comms. ‘Super Star Destroyer wreckage dead ahead!’

‘Launch, launch!’

Lysa kicked her ship up and rushed forward first, even as Boba Fett upended the Slave I and rushed out - roughly tossing Kyp and Bre in the cargo bay; even as something in Bre seemed to echo - a vibration in her heart, no, in the Force around her. A connection, forged somehow, between her another in the system.

Someone Dark.

Jaina would see the frigate arrive in her path, and then the freighter; sensing her mother, Kyp Durron, and others she did not know well but some Force users - but she would also be beyond the reach of the grip which had been draining her power. Shortly after, X-wings and Mandalorian designs around what could only be Slave I. While her astromech tweeted that their stealth coating was too damaged while emerging from the Destroyer, it also screamed about another four TIEs, these one fighters, emerging from another point on the Destroyer; a hangar bay on the lower levels.

Fett tweaked his ship to head to their location, even as the frigate strobed fire at both the fighters and Firespray - several bolts coming close to Rhoen in an attempted convergence. Two of the newest TIEs veered to finish the job while he was boxed in, but one adjusted its course to tangle with Susular once it’s pilot realised the hangar of the Rosa would naturally result in the Mandalorian interfering with the effort I take out Rhoen.

Argen sharply came across the comms, naturally opening a channel to Jaina to include her, even without knowing her identity - ‘We have something big coming in. I need to know if Snoke is really here, or if we need to go.’ Another moment. ‘I have gravity mines powering up too, here.’

A Victory Star Destroyer appeared, out of position from the engagement due to the quickness of its jump, but rapidly compensating - and with twenty four Preybirds launching from its hangar; but them and the Destroyer were nearly five minutes from range, though the gravity mines were likely merely two or three.

Argen hissed. ‘Anyone? Are you coming back to me before we’re trapped or am I bugging out?’

The answer of whether Snoke was here or not was an easy one. Leia fixated on the Ravager, passing Jaina’s presence with a affectionate wave, but was unable to get a full reading when something else reached out for her, full force - her son, seizing at their natural connection to overwhelm her for a moment. Her throat caught; he was reaching for her. Kyp sensed the moment but found that he, too, was being swaddled by something powerful. Whatever it was, it focused on Kyp but also sought to impress itself upon Susular and Bre, acting against all Force users here with a terrible malice and miasma.

Fett growled across the comms. ‘Someone let me know if Snoke is here or not, or I’m bugging out.’

Leia managed to utter, ‘Ben,’ but could not add much else; Kyp’s eyes were closed, almost bugged out. But Bre - Bre, who had faced the Dark Lord of the Sith on Yavin 4, who knew his sense more intimately than even Susular, would feel the resonance - not something exactly the same, but definitely similar to that of Snoke’s from beforehand. The Holocron became gleeful, amplifying the abilities of those focused upon the Slave I... making it all the easier for Kylo Ren and Snoke to act against Leia and Kyp.

To anyone looking at the distance between the Destroyer wreck and the Slave I in the Force - if Jaina was not too busy with the two fighters doggedly following her even as Goran strafed the frigate to keep its other guns busy, or Susular could deal with his fighter buddy swiftly enough - it would be as if a massive chain was connecting the two.

None of them had much time.

—-
    Dreams

Kodo was quietly but assuredly operated upon by the cadaverous medical droid, but his mind was not silent. The landscape of his dreams was a blackened, flaming area, pitted with corpses and debris.

It was where his life had turned a corner. It was the remnants of the Jedi training facility which Kylo Ren had destroyed. Bodies of Jedi Padawans and even Knights were present - slaughtered where they had stood, armed or otherwise.

‘So this is where it happened.’

Kodo was joined by a black cloaked figure. Not Kylo Ren; he had a cape, yes, and a black uniform, but it was the cut of a military man, including the helmet which obscured his features. No hood adorned him as it did with Kylo, but he still stank of the dark side. ‘Call me Judicar. I would judge you today.’

A ripple of amusement. ‘Snoke and Kylo Ren are here. You are but one pivot point in this narrative; but you could be one of the Eight Protectors. Curious, no? That someone so dedicated to destruction may be one foretold in the Scrolls of Zildrog.’ A dark chuckle.

A hilt inlaid with black jewels hung from his belt as the man stepped, hands tucked behind his back and with a slight stunt forward. ‘I suppose it depends on whether you have been irrevocably twisted by that.’ He nudged his head up. Hanging down in the sky, pointed downward, with the upper half swaddled in black clouds, was the red Holocron.

Electricity coruscated across its surface, and glowing light along its seams. ‘The Holocron in your mind.’ Judicar confirmed. ‘Built of this moment. It comes to this question; what would you have done different when you stood as what you believed to be the sole survivor? With all your power, and all your growth?’

As he spoke, Kylo Ren, flanked by First Order troopers, stepped from the smoke surrounding the academy, surveying the destruction. Luke Skywalker was in the middle of the thickest of the flames; his light was gone, for all who knew of him. The grove of trees surrounding the academy had been cleared back by the fire troopers, and Kodo was indeed precisely where he remembered being; the first explosions of the attack had flung him into the forest, and he came too looking at the impossible conclusion. Unbeknownst to him, Bre would be doing the same on the opposite side of the Academy in a few hours, but for now she, too, was indistinguishable due to being unconscious.

That amusement filled the Force again, as Judicar continued. ‘With all your brokenness?’

—-
    Bowels of the Ravager, Royal Quarters

Kylo Ren, once Ben Solo, once the son of Leia and Han, once the brother of Jacen and Jaina, once the nephew of Luke and Mara, once the cousin of Ben Skywalker - stalked into the depths.

The majority of the surviving crew were gathered here, in the auxiliary bridge and command areas. There were hundreds of injured men and women lining the hallways, most unable to be cared for by overextended services, and Kylo Ren and his retinue paid them no heed.

Once, one burned crew member grabbed his ankle as he strode passed, and Kylo simply looked at the offending hand and one of his troopers shot it off, a clean shot through the wrist. Their pace was only mildly delayed, and Kylo did not have time to enact true and painful justice.

In all likelihood the individual would die in the next few hours. It was fair to say most if not all of the wounded survivors of the engagement would. Probably most of the healthy crew too.

But one could not.

Two would not.

Kylo Ren stalked his way to the Royal Chamber. He nodded to the crimson guards defending the room. They were deferential, but wary, folding their weapons across the entrance the moment that Ren entered, preventing his seven surviving troopers from following. Even then, two guards followed Kylo into the chamber, as walled with red as the armour of the men that protected it - the room was replicated on various command ships of the First Order. Starkiller Base has one, which had never been occupied; the Supremacy also has one. All was red save for one gold-robed man in the room, sitting on his golden throne, flanked by two more guards.

Supreme Leader Snoke.

His visage scarred, he gestured to his disciple, speaking gravely. ‘You come telling me of your sister, no doubt.’

Kylo Ren resisted the spike of anticipation that filled him. More than two weeks after the death of Han Solo, opportunity arose for him to pass through the challenges that the light draped upon him. ‘Leia Solo is here. With others. I can feel them in the Force.’ A pause, a heartbeat, an exhalation, a moment, and then yet one more betrayal of his family. ‘Jaina Solo does not know that her father is dead.’

Snoke smiled, a wicked expression that carved across his cragged face. ‘Does she not? Here I had thought that Rey would prove a useful tool of her anger... but perhaps we can use it against the Sword of the Jedi...’

Kylo Ren said nothing.

‘And snap it... and mother in tow.’

TAG: galactic-vagabond422, @Mitth-Fisto, Darth_wanderguard, Ktala, Lady Belligerent
    ---
    IC: The Benefactor
    Booth

Both Luna and Vale spoke eloquently, but seemingly her identity was a deal breaker for one. Understandable... but difficult. The Benefactor took a deep breath. It had been weeks since she’d allowed herself to be that woman. But today she had to be.

If someone had sensed her in the Force, for example, she’d feel very much like just one thing. One word. One sensation and desire surrounded her.

Destruction.

Assassination.

With a breath, she let it out. Reaching for her mask, she went to answer, and then felt a shiver in the Force. As if something had changed. Was it tied to her decision to unmask? It was not a warning in the traditional sense, just a general acknowledgment that something was to change. Or was it just her anxieties? She’d tried to keep herself hidden in the Force as best as possible for the last few days -

Shaking her head slightly, she closed her eyes as she tugged her mask free, opening them and showing her green irises. A chiselled but not sharp chin showed on her pale skin, and save for the bags under her eyes from a lack of true sleep, she looked like the person she spoke as. ‘My name is Mara Jade Skywalker. Luke is my husband. I’m trying to track down my sister-in-law and her children, but the Resistance has gone underground since they were discovered on D’Qar. To do that, I need to have a better idea of what the First Order has planned next -‘

The shiver became a presentment, and she knew hat she had to check, now. Placing her blaster in the centre of the table, and reaching for her mocked up flashlight, she looked out the booth, stepping outside the privacy curtain, with a firm. ‘Wait a moment.’

She looked, and saw the improbable. Han. Walking in with some woman she didn’t know. But just as likely to be a troublemaker, no doubt. She’d thought she had sensed something has happened to him a couple of weeks back - around the time that the Force seemed to resonate, just before Starkiller Base ripped a hole in it - but she wasn’t as close to him as another Force user, so perhaps it had been something else. She went to speak, and was distracted by a warning that shot down her spine -

It was about half a second afterwards that the barkeep reached beneath the bar and drew out a pair of rifles - and not a second after that, the other booths had their privacy curtains drew back, revealing another four men, looking like typical members of any underground gang, but with their positions on opposing sides of the room and the barkeeper presenting a backdrop -

She ignited her lightsaber and leaped towards him; even as all five of her foes opened up with fully automatic fire. Even with the potential cover of the tables in the centre of the establishment, which themselves were a handful of steps from Han and the other woman, there was not a lot to protect any of them, and a single Force user would have no hope of defending against five different angled shots - as she spun, the Force told her that two doors by the upper balcony opened and another two heavies, these ones both Aqualish, emerged from the rooms and targeted rifles down - that was seven shots now.

Damn.

She realised that most of her chances of survival laid in the legendary Han Solo luck, or in Vale and Luna... assuming one of them didn’t grab that pistol and use it on the other.

From Praxon’s perspective of course, he simply walked through the smog of the underworld of Coruscant, with Wyn conscious that this was not ideal but also aware that they needed something to get themselves back to normality. Of course, that didn’t last long - the establishment was cleaning up after some kind of ‘happy hour’, if the amount of scantily clad women and men sniggering amongst themselves as they left the place was any indication - not that they were openly clad, but the way they casually allowed their overcoats to swing while flashing smiles at passerby’s was enough for Wyn to put the two facts together. She hoped Praxon didn’t as he already had a dour view of the meeting place.

They were barely through the double door, Wyn scanning the tables and the booths on either side of the room - as well as the two sets of stairs framing the bar that led to a balcony of rooms - before that uneasiness evaporated into panic. A woman in blazing red hair was rushing them, deflecting blaster fire with a lightsaber, the woman shouting the one thing they didn’t want to be hearing.

‘Han! Drop!’

—-
    Across the way

Stele took their shuttle carefully through the orbital ring without any concern. Their codes were clean, and Reige swore that he saw an escort E-wing waggle it’s wings in some kind of pilot code. Stele spoke up. ‘He’s wishing us well. Must have been briefed as to our import.’

The trooper Taral did not comment, much as Hidax had remained silent for some time now - since Phasma spoke to him last. Reige knew that he’d been tossed to the wolves when the battalion at Takodona failed to secure BB-8, but that had not made him tractable. Sava seemed uncertain, and Jak uncaring. Using him as bait for certain elements of the Crymorah gang - who had refused to align with the First Order, and had stepped into the void caused by the bounty war against Black Sun - seemed unnecessary for a mission already complicated enough, but it had been Snoke’s personal order that Stele, Taral and Jak be added to Inferno Squad.

Why those three?

Reige refocused.

As they went on, Reige leaned over and tapped sensors. There were more ships in the hangar bay with them.

It was occupied by three other ships, and with them filling the last slot, it would total four. One was a yacht of some design that screamed well armed, while standing outside it was a single figure, cowled robe up, a circular hat to his head, effecting a lean. Reige projected the display so they could all see it. The second vessel was an elderly Skipray blastboat, with markings stripped from it.

However the third vessel was a YT-1300. Reige tensed. ‘The Falcon? Here?’ He pulled up his datapad, keyed an instruction in. A security feed appeared beside the hologram, and it rewound. Reige explained as it did. ‘The local government is trying to play both sides and avoid an invasion - it has bequeathed us with all manner of access codes, but it’s a given that if it became common knowledge they’d abandon us. Same with the orbital grid - we could hardly announce ourselves after Hosnian Prime.’

Sure enough, however, it showed what could only be Han Solo making his way out of the YT-1300, with a woman in tow. ‘Incredible. I heard a rumour that he was dead - but clearly not if he’s here.’ Taral seemed to twitch at that, gripping his blaster tightly. No doubt, Reige thought, wanting to kill the famous smuggler turned General.

‘He may be here to meet the defectors.’ As he spoke, the video continued to rewind, showing a sole female exit the yacht, with her big colleague seemingly stomping to the ships side before leaning there - a guard and watch. Reige frowned. ‘And we have this element to hand to. Bystander, or threat?’

Stele spoke up. ‘We need to move. Less politics and more action, Vitor,’ the pilot was referring to Reige by his first name. As he spoke, the recording went further, and showed six individuals leaving the blastboat with rifles to hand - armbands showing the symbol of the Crymorah, the particularly vicious brand of crime that Jak historically associated with, but at the same moment as the recording reaching that point -

An explosion shook the shuttle and it tipped over, and someone particularly spatially aware would realise the explosive had been placed under the shuttle, tipping a hole in the bottom of the ship which did not quite reach through to the deck -

-the shuttle was barely listing to its side before what had been the floor boomed with a loud noise, and then a second boom saw the bottom of the shuttle; now the left wall, facing the other three ships in the hangar, caved in, as the big thug that had been by the yacht punched through the damaged ‘floor’ - revealing that beneath the cloak was in-fact a YVH-1 battle droid. The droid appeared to be a skeleton encased in bright metal, eyes closing red. Reige reacted, drawing a pistol before he could say much else, a shot going wild as the YVH-1 slapped aside the pistol. ‘Remain calm -‘

Behind the droid, two more men appeared from the blastboat, rifles to hand, one of them shouting at the battle with the droid. ‘Jak! We know you’re in there!’

Stele hissed to himself. In the gloom of the upturned shuttle, Taral was not apparent, perhaps buried towards to the rear of the shuttle, but Sava, Hidax and the others would be unturned and upended but mostly fine - albeit imperilled and their mission already going as well as could be expected in the circumstances!

TAG: Darth Kronos, Halle Dray, Darth_wanderguard, QueenSabe7, HanSolo29
    ---
    IC: Admiral Hiram Drayson
    Chandrila orbit, going down the well

It had been a day of unlikely events, with more to come, and Drayson felt the inconsistencies piling up. He had not yet decided whether to join the security detail for the tomb of the Brae’senthor in person and pursue Vincent Mikaru, as well as check-in on a recently arrived archaeologist team which was working the ruins. But then sensors had lost track of Vincent and his ships’ commanders were ‘unable’ to tell Drayson what the reason was.

This would require his own eyes, no doubt.

Then more arrivals - a shuttle from Eshan carrying Aden Kya, a known Jensaarai that had fought with the Jedi at the Battle of Yuuzhan’tar, requesting permission to head to the tomb, and while Drayson granted it, he could see a Force quest beginning and the drama associated. Whatever was in the Tomb needed to be resolved or neutralised before it affected security on Chandrila - the First Order was coming, and the brief respite they had here could not afford to be disrupted. Any energy diverted to the Tomb was that which was not focused on the coming battle. To get to Coruscant the First Order had to advance on Chandrila, and capture of Ord Mantell was the first step in that action.

Sensors had periodically caught the echo of something on the edge of the system, but they could not pinpoint it and nor could X-with scouts locate it. It was likely they were First Order probes - though in reality it was the personal launch of High Inquisitor Tremayne - but Drayson knew he was on limited time.

His assault shuttle and a half X-wing and half E-wing squadron were deployed shortly after Kya made for the planet, with his forces split in three. The mixed flight escorting his shuttle and the other flights each escorted a K-wing bomber, one of the most powerful ships in their bomber arsenal; even if it was surpassed by the B/SF heavy bomber, which Drayson considered an update of the B-wing in his calculations.

Kya promised not to approach the Tomb until Drayson had cleared the security of the location, and the guns on the Mon Mothma tracked Kya hitting low orbit some kilometres away from the Tomb but Drayson expected the Jensaarai to make a run for the Tomb the first chance he had - Force users were prone to disregarding simple chains of command, to the point that Hiram had absently enjoyed the time without them being prominent, as a former Intelligence Director who loathes loose cannons.

And then two more arrivals threatened his calm, and Drayson cut loose. ‘Newcomers, this is Admiral Drayson. You are to accept the escorts approaching you now and join me on the surface as you have now entered a military zone. Any deviation from these instructions will result in my authorising that Star Destroyer in the middle of my patrol line blowing you up. If you attempt to flee, I will release my corvettes to pursue you and drag you back him by tractor beam. Admiral Drayson out.’

As he spoke, he directed his E-wings and K-wing flight to approach the ship of Leonias Colcha, while the X-wings and K-wing flight peeled off to approach the ship of Norin Durame. While Leonias had his own internal commentary to take on-board, Norin had Beta and BT-1, both who took a dour view of the response.

Beta scrolled a message across the board. ‘Highly strung military men make for poor listeners. Scanning for new arrivals, though.’

The assassin droid tapped a few commands into the displays; not its forte, but it doubled as crew member for Norin, and pulled up a brief record of the latest arrivals from the nearby satellite grid - basic ship arrival information was free on Chandrila even in a military crisis, one side effect of their ‘democracy first’ concepts.

A Jensaarai had filed a flight plan to Coruscant but diverted here from
    Eshan... a tooled up ship had passed through the blockade line after an inspection, carrying a Twi’lek archaeologist... and a small task force under the command of some commercial magnate by the name of Mikaru had arrived shortly before... as to the other ship, as BT-1 had taken the colloquial use of ‘newcomers’ by the Admiral to refer to two ships rather than a ship and its occupants plural, which would be an assumption by the Admiral and his bio - which Beta supplied to them both wordlessly - implied a great deal of black ops if the number of redacted lines from his public service record after the Dark Empire War was any indication, and such an assumption would not be in keeping with such a personality type.

Beta found the ship that matched the latest recorded vessel of Leonias Colcha by a factor of 98% - the 2% give being the result of what could be recent blast damage or simply the use of the passive scan involved - and also the Imperial Star Destroyer Mon Mothma, with a commissioning date halfway through the Vong War but a record of combat longer than most Nebula-class Star Destroyers that had formed the New Class just after the said Dark Empire War.

Their escorts, however, were approaching, and BT-1 expressed some envy of the sheer firepower a K-wing held. The X-wings were simply the latest blue trim interactions of X-wings, which were old in comparison to the T-70s, but nothing the Chandrila Defence Force had to command post-dated the Vong War - and Admiral Drayson pre-dated it all, as a veteran of the first Civil War.

Depths

Droma was winded, and it took more than one deep inhalation to calm his nerves. Tukata? On Chandrila? In a Jedi tomb? What was... he shook his head.

Myna had come through, and then some, though she could see the graze on her clothing on her side, potentially revealing a bruise later on. As Droma glanced around the tomb for clues, she gingerly took the Holocron from the stone book - it was shaped like a cube, but the corners were not points, instead as flattened triangles and glowing blue-green. Not a typical Jedi Holocron, and not a typical Jedi tomb - in point of fact the ‘cron has a kind of scratched writing to it, which would defy immediate understanding unless you had been to the worlds of the Stygian Caldera, a hyperspace sinkhole in the Esstran Sector.

As she took it and stored it in her bag, which had survived the skirmish unscathed, the shaking of the room began, and the axe bearing statue began to tip. On its weapon was indeed a body, and a fresh one at that, in some kind of red tunic, a hilt dangling from his waist. ‘Mistress?’

One of her droids called down - they had not been idle while Myna and the Ryn fell deeper. Splicing together two cables, they had extended the depth they could reach, and offered it now. When Droma went to follow as the cable was lowered to Myna, he felt a clamping pain around his ankle and glanced down. ‘What?’

The first Tukata, the one shot in the neck, was clearly dying but refused to let go of life. As Droma went to reach down and prise his foot free, the statue toppled and smashed not into, but through the floor. Droma dropped with a cry, and Myna would have a mere moment to grab the proffered cable and leap up.

The droids would raise her immediately, but similarly she would not arrive to a team positioned to support her in going back down, but an eight member Alliance team with weapons levelled at her and a man in an Admiral uniform to hand, just finishing a comlink call. ‘Myna’vera, I am Admiral Drayson of the Chandrila Defence Force - you are charged with destruction of a place of natural beauty in Chandrila and possession of illegally armed droids.’

‘I have what can only be your compatriots on their way to down to the surface under guard. Care to explain?’

TAG: @LordTrekie, @Kev_Mas-Colcha
    ---
    IC: Sponsor
    Library wreckage

Dassid and Bron had done a kind of double act on one foe even as the Sponsor had shot down another - the Sponsor reflected upon the luck of the shot against the gun hand of Bron’s foe, even as she watched the gunner fall and knock himself out on some jutting stone. No blood was evident, and she reflected that the Dooku had a squeamish side - she could not remember her first kill, all those decades ago.

It was cute, almost, how naive Bron was.

Grimacing, she reflected that was another point in his favour even as bolts fired by the gunship skipped across what was left of the area. ‘Come on,’ she snapped, rushing to Dassid and uprighting him, while laughing on to Bron’s wrist. ‘We need to go!’ She went to run, tugging sharply on him, and her grip allowed for no argument. The bolts closed even as Dassid followed, and she grimaced, throwing aside her blaster and reaching for her holster.

Fine.

Igniting the lightsaber therein, she deflected a shot that neared them. ‘Yes, I know, I’m a Jedi!’ The Sponsor shouted over the tumult. ‘But I don’t have time to do introductions!’

With a gesture of the fingers on her hilt, she ripped aside one of the tipped statues and revealed a small entrance. Relatively concealed, it was clearly a secret way - ‘Monks used to use this to enter the Library when it was a Temple.’ She glanced back to check Dassid had made it in before she gestured again, toppling the entrance. She released a breath. ‘Sorry Dooku, but we were out of time to fight with them.’

‘My yacht is this way - on an entrance by the mountain side. Luke knew about it from his own visits here with the monks.’ She paused. ‘We have a bit of a trek to get there though. So if you’re going to get your questions out of the way, I’d do it now. You’ve probably guessed, but I may as well do it formally.’

‘My name is Mara Jade Skywalker, and I need your help to find my husband.’

TAG: LelalMekha (combo)

19. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Norin Durame
    Nomad Son, Chandrila orbit

“Newcomers, this is Admiral Drayson. You are to accept the escorts approaching you now and join me on the surface as you have now entered a military zone. Any deviation from these instructions will result in my authorising that Star Destroyer in the middle of my patrol line blowing you up. If you attempt to flee, I will release my corvettes to pursue you and drag you back him by tractor beam. Admiral Drayson out.”

Almost immediately after coming out of hyperspace, Norin immediately found out how bad the situation he had gotten himself into and immediately started regretting making that jump.

Beta chirped as he scrolled a message across the board, translated from droidspeak. “Highly strung military men make for poor listeners. Scanning for new arrivals, though.”

“Yeah I know…. Don’t remind me again why I don't get along with other organics. Too unpredictable, with those unprogrammed emotions.”

The assassin droid tapped a few commands into the displays; not its forte, but it doubled as crew member for Norin, and pulled up a brief record of the latest arrivals from the nearby satellite grid - basic ship arrival information was free on Chandrila even in a military crisis, one side effect of their ‘democracy first’ concepts.

A Jensaarai had filed a flight plan to Coruscant but diverted here from Eshan... a tooled up ship had passed through the blockade line after an inspection, carrying a Twi’lek archaeologist... and a small task force under the command of some commercial magnate by the name of Mikaru had arrived shortly before... as to the other ship, as BT-1 had taken the colloquial use of ‘newcomers’ by the Admiral to refer to two ships rather than a ship and its occupants plural, which would be an assumption by the Admiral and his bio - which Beta supplied to them both wordlessly - implied a great deal of black ops if the number of redacted lines from his public service record after the Dark Empire War was any indication, and such an assumption would not be in keeping with such a personality type.

“Alright, now what about that other ship that came in with us?”

“My scans indicate that the vessel matches the description of the Silver Beacon by a factor of 98% - the 2% being the result of what -”

“Leonias…” interrupted Norin, staring blankly as his AJ^6 cyborg construct brain implant did some calculations, “Looks like things just got interesting. But we now possibly have a way out if things go awry.”

“The escorts are approaching, sir. While I would like to sit here and admire the sheer firepower of the Koensayr Manufacturing BTL-S8 K-wing assault starfighter, which I do envy to a large degree I might add, I would not like to risk being targeted by such a magnificent armament.”

As Beta finished his statement, Norin’s calculations completed.

“Judging by Leonias’ combat effectiveness and the fact they haven’t quite fired upon us yet, I’d say we have a 72.5% chance of survival if we simply comply with their orders - the 27.5% being the result of Leonias’ tendency to try his luck with foolish heroics in response to being threatened.”

Norin then concluded as he patched through a reply, sending the Admiral his New Republic identification codes as he did so, which if Drayson still was with the Republic as he hoped, would give him proper intelligence clearance, help alleviate some of the unpleasantries and allow him to offer his assistance with little questions asked. It was a calculated risk, one that had the small possibility of him ending up captured by an unforeseen enemy, but judging by their use of New Republic assets and the presence of Leonias in the system it was one he was willing to take.

“Admiral, this is Agent Norin Durame of the independent vessel Nomad Son. We have received your instructions and accept your escorts.”

------

Leonias Colcha
    Silver Beacon, Chandrila orbit

“Newcomers, this is Admiral Drayson. You are to accept the escorts approaching you now and join me on the surface as you have now entered a military zone. Any deviation from these instructions will result in my authorising that Star Destroyer in the middle of my patrol line blowing you up. If you attempt to flee, I will release my corvettes to pursue you and drag you back him by tractor beam. Admiral Drayson out.”

Leonias frowned as he received the message. He did not like being threatened, but at least they didn’t start firing immediately like the last time he popped out of hyperspace.

“I knew it wouldn’t be easy. Still, at least they appear to be the faction we’re here to help rather than the one that wants us dead. Beacon, do a scan of that other ship that came in with us, if you would. It looks familiar.”

“That’s because it is familiar, Leonias,” replied the Beacon through the telepathic link, “Its transponder matches that of the Nomad Son.”

A smile began to form on Leonias’ face.

“Just like old times,” he thought to himself.

As the escorts rapidly approached Leonias’ modified TIE Mangler, he gave his response.

“Understood, Admiral. I’ve got some things I need to discuss with you once we meet.”

Tag: Sinrebirth; Lord_Trekie;

Sinrebirth and Lord_Trekie like this.
  20. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Susulur Dha'tra
    Rosa, hangar / Wreckage system

When the Rosa arrived, there was a moment when the systems flared and data streamed into the Slave I, and to the X-wings and Mandalorian fighters. Argen came across the comms. ‘Super Star Destroyer wreckage dead ahead!’

‘Launch, launch!’

Susulur watched as one of the resistance fighters rushed out first, and so in turn he would allow the other to follow. He was a merc first in this situation, better to let the paid soldiers die heroically and mop up whatever was left then to himself. Boba Fett upended the Slave I and rushed out, surely a sign of the pressures of being Manda'lor. Lead by example. Which of course meant it was his cue to deactivate the mag-clamps and punch it out of the hanger bay.

First thing to ping on sensors was of course the Super Star Destroyer, which at one optically zoomed image had obviously seen better days. Next was the four TIEs, these were chasing one fighter that was semi-registering on his HUD, almost like an image that just didn't want to resolve properly. Still it was one that he knew.

Fett tweaked his ship to head to their location, even as the frigate strobed fire at both the fighters and Firespray - several bolts coming close to Rhoen in an attempted convergence. Two of the newest TIEs veered to finish the job while he was boxed in, but one adjusted its course to tangle with Susulur once it’s pilot realised the hangar of the Rosa would naturally result in the Mandalorian interfering with the effort I take out Rhoen.

Idiot move, as Susulur was not heading away from the TIE but in the general direction of it. Argen sharply came across the comms, naturally opening a channel to Jaina to include her, even without knowing her identity - ‘We have something big coming in. I need to know if Snoke is really here, or if we need to go.’ Another moment. ‘I have gravity mines powering up too, here.’ That wasn't good. Still he was slewing for an angle and as soon as he was lined up he squeezed the trigger, the G's of the maneuvers challenging his inertial compensators so that he was rocking in his seat as though riding a living beast that was bucking to gain position. A sensation that spread a smile on his lips even as he felt the Force lapping at him like a predator.

A Victory Star Destroyer appeared, out of position from the engagement due to the quickness of its jump, but rapidly compensating - and with twenty four Preybirds launching from its hangar; but them and the Destroyer were nearly five minutes from range, though the gravity mines were likely merely two or three according to what his readings were now that he had been clued in on what to look for.

Argen hissed. ‘Anyone? Are you coming back to me before we’re trapped or am I bugging out?’

The lapping sensation he was not the focus of, but he could feel it. Like a hungry beast trying to swaddle him into a cocoon from which to easily feed from by something powerful. Fett growled across the comms. ‘Someone let me know if Snoke is here or not, or I’m bugging out.’

As he gained position again he took the time to look. Manda'lor demanded an answer, and he would give it to him. As he took that look it was as if a massive chain was connecting the two. Fett's ship and the other.

None of them had much time. "Likely Manda'lor. But if it's him. He has a lock on you, on Jetiise." Gritting out those words he turned from his finished prey to join Goran in straffing the assaulting ship. A quick missile snapped off at a moments intuition of a target. This was not a good situation. Not a good field of battle. "Awaiting orders."

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422, @Sinrebirth, @Darth_wanderguard, @Ktala, @Lady Belligerent

Sinrebirth and Kev-Mas_Colcha like this.
  21. Darth_wanderguard

Darth_wanderguard Game Host star 6 VIP - Game Host

Apr 26, 2005
    IC: Kodo Prine
    Combo post with Sinrebirth

For a moment, there was nothing but heat and flame. Then Kodo opened his eyes to a hellscape. One of broken bodies, and burning fragments of the temple in pieces on the ground.

‘So this is where it happened.’ A voice came from behind, and a man in black stepped up to stand beside Kodo. ‘Call me Judicar. I would judge you today.’

Kodo was silent and calm - not at all like his feral waking self had been. Out there, his psyche was broken in half. In here, there was clarity. “Judge me then,” he said, somewhat dismissively. His eyes were fixed on the burning temple in the distance.

‘Snoke and Kylo Ren are here. You are but one pivot point in this narrative; but you could be one of the Eight Protectors. Curious, no? That someone so dedicated to destruction may be one foretold in the Scrolls of Zildrog.’ There was a vein of dark humor running through the man.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Kodo shook his head, and continued to watch the flames.

‘I suppose it depends on whether you have been irrevocably twisted by that.’ The man gestured upwards with his chin and his eyes, and Kodo looked up at the holocron hanging in the sky.

‘The Holocron in your mind.’ He explained. ‘Built of this moment. It comes to this question; what would you have done different when you stood as what you believed to be the sole survivor? With all your power, and all your growth?’

He paused. Up ahead, Kylo Ren stepped from the smoke.

‘With all your brokenness?’

Kodo watched, as devoid of fear as he had been since he had watched this same production in the flesh. For his lack of fear, he didn’t feel brave. He didn’t feel anything.

“I was a child,” the Kel Dor answered, his voice and stomach and chest hollow. “I did the best of everything I could do, with what I was given.”

Judicar nodded, almost sagely. ‘That you did. Every decision you have made was the best you could.’

A pause.

‘But was it the right one, I wonder. How to judge that? Is a decision which is the best one you could have made the right one?’

The cloaked man stepped forward, hands in his pockets. ‘I believe you have been through enough, Kodo. More than your share - more than is fair.’ Another pause, pregnant, as another ripple of death filled the Force.

‘Darth Plagueis would make you his Kylo Ren, Kodo. Why is that, do you think?’

“I don’t know,” Kodo replied, voice monotone. “If I did I could have changed his mind. But what about the Kylo Ren he already has?”

Judicar seemed grave. ‘Exactly so. What about him? Why replace what he has? The man formerly known as Ben Solo drove Luke Skywalker into hiding, and dropped a bomb on the Solo family. He singlehandedly undid the galaxy, it could be said.’ A flourish of his hands, reaching up. ‘Imagine - imagine if the ‘Big Three’ - Han, Leia and Luke - had focused on this threat from the start. Would we be where we are now?’

A surreptitious tilt of the head as he drew his hands down, hunched his back and slyly turned towards Kodo, and one could almost imagine the all but sadistic grin behind the mask. ‘Where would you be?’

“I would have taken his place,” Kodo said, then paused. “Is that what Snoke thinks will happen now?”

~~~

IC: Bruturus Hidax

Bruturus Hidax despised political chess matches - not least of all because he wasn’t good at them. Not that he lacked the necessary talent. He just hadn’t the refined aptitude of one who often practiced. A feedback loop, of sorts.

It was his unwillingness to play these kinds of games that led to his being scapegoated for Takodana, and almost assuredly he would be scapegoated again as soon as he was ripe for it. This whole mission had been an annoying game of power dynamics and silent strategizing since the moment it began - not at all like the kind of battle he enjoyed.

That kind of battle, however, had not been long in coming.

With a bang, the shuttle started to list. Then a second and it upended, rolling onto its right side. Finally the sound of ripping metal and distant voices. This was what Hidax was good at. There was no more peaceful place than chaos.

Reorienting himself and hitting the floor, formerly known as the ship’s right wall, he crawled prone toward the cockpit where the ruckus could be heard. A YVH-1 battle droid accompanied by two men had punched a hole in the ship, blasters brandished. Too bad blasters are hard to aim in close quarters, especially when what you’re aiming at is moving around a little bit, he thought.

Jumping to his feet, Hidax brought his riot baton to bear, crackling with energy, and dashed forward with all his might as if to shoulder tackle the droid. He knew better, fortunately. Just before contact would have been made he pivoted and brought the baton forward, aiming to smash into the droid with enough force to move it over if not damage it. That part would come next if it had to, but for now he needed to get someone off balance.

TAG: Sinrebirth, Halle Dray

Sinrebirth likes this.
  22. Halle Dray

Halle Dray Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    IC: Sava Boutros

"What the varp!" spit Sava quietly, as she was thrown backwards and to the ground. The metal side of the ship was ripping with a loud screech.

Obviously some sort of pawn in this game, Jak was wanted by these men and droids. Scrambling up to her feet along with Hidax, Sava pulled her small blaster pistol out of it's holster and began to fire at the men. Hidax was going after the battle droid with a riot baton and Sava remembered the baton Taral had given her.

Reaching behind her into her utility belt where it was stashed, she activated it and brought it down, hoping to catch one of the men in the neck.

TAGS: Sinrebirth Darth Kronos Darth_wanderguard

Sinrebirth likes this.
  23. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Rhoen Aquilla
    Rosa, Esfandia system

"Launch, Launch" the order came over loud and clear. Rhoen moved to take off but, Seven beat him to it speeding away before he could make his exit. He followed close after nearly taking a few bolts from the imperial frigate. He rolled as much as he could watching the lances of energy just fly past him. Looking at his scopes he saw four TIEs launch from the destroyed SSD. Two broke off to move towards the young captain. Right away he set his shield to double front to ward off any pot shots that might come in.

As the pair of eyeballs came closer one broke off heading towards Susular. Good one-on-one favored him and his X-Wing.

"We have something big coming in." Argen called out over the coms, "I need to know if Snoke is really here, or if we need to go." A pause. "I have gravity mines powering up too, here." That complicated things cut off their escape. Then things got worse, at the edge of his sensors a large vessel appeared, by the size and shape Rhoen would say a Vic Star not the biggest thing in the Imperial fleet but, still more dangerous that what they had in system. However it was still far out of the system it would take time for it to come into range. Time they could use to escape or, find their target.

"Anyone? Are you coming back to me before we’re trapped or am I bugging out?"

"Someone let me know if Snoke is here or not, or I’m bugging out."

Everyone was waiting for orders waiting to know if their objective was here. Rhoen snapped his S-Foils into attack position and fired off a quick burst of lasers to spook the onrushing TIE. Gave a glance to the debris littering the space. They could use that for cover they were more maneuverable than the Preybirds swarming out of the Vic Star at the edge of the system. However he wasn't going to do that until he had orders, stay or pull back those were not his orders to give.

"General, orders?" He said over comms letting off a burst laser fire at the TIE coming towards him. He had to deal with him and form up with Seven.

"Seven," he continued swapping over to their private channel, "Got a lot of bandits coming in, I'll finish up with my dance partner and join you. Take cover in the wreckage we can out maneuver the Preybrids in there. We're going to be cutting it close I'm not sure we're staying here for long. If the order to bug out comes down, we follow it, and get out of here."

He had two plans, one for staying the other of leaving, both were ready to go once his orders came in. If those orders weren't given, what would he do then.

Simple, work with Seven to survive until a decision was made. If it wasn't made soon though, he might just take matters into his own hands.

TAG: Mitth_Fisto, Sinrebirth, Darth_wanderguard, Ktala, Lady Belligerent

Sinrebirth and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  24. QueenSabe7

Mar 23, 2001

Vale felt utterly defeated and somehow… dirty. This wasn’t an outward sensation – though she knew her appearance was severely lacking for an officer of the First Order.

Former, she corrected herself. Former officer, turned… rebel spy?

The wary brunette nearly became sick once more, choking back the bile that threatened to surge up her throat. This was the basic idea that made her unclean on the inside, like she would never be rid of the filth she had just willing stepped into. The Resistance was a stain and now she was a part of it, for better or worse.

‘I'd feel better about this if you'd remove your mask,’
    Vale’s companion challenged the woman known as the Benefactor and she found herself wishing the same. Perhaps seeing the face behind the featureless wall that separated this stranger from her prey would indeed ease some of her discomfort.

Yea, doubtful,
    she scoffed internally but she was curious nonetheless.

Concentrating on the masked assailant as she finally revealed herself, Vale was subtly startled. A female with striking features, namely her green eyes. In stark contrast with her crimson locks, they practically shone like jewels.

‘My name is Mara Jade Skywalker. Luke is my husband,’ the redhead began but the former lieutenant had stopped listening. Skywalker - a name that held a massive weight unlike any other. Already having a long list of questions, she had half a mind to start asking the many new ones that had instantly flooded her mind, but before she could get a word out Mara had suddenly stepped out from their little private corner. She had seemed… distracted.

Turning to follow due to having no other direction, Vale halted at the threshold just as an abrupt flurry and a flash of light set off beyond. They were accompanied in quick succession by a volley of blaster shots, to which she dropped low without hesitation. Her clammy grip on her own weapon tightened in reaction, her breath catching in her chest.

What in the blazes was happening now?!

Vale peeked out from the curtain to gain an understanding of the chaos and saw Mara with lightsaber in hand, taking on four, no… five gunmen. She then took in a pair of strangers at the far end of the cantina; male and female was all she could discern before a shot whizzed directly overhead to slam into the back wall of the booth. She gritted her teeth and got off a trio of shots back in the direction of the nearly fatal one that had been aimed for her.

“Care to help some, Lady??” she shouted over her shoulder at the other woman still sharing the space with her, name still unknown. As was her current level of sobriety…

TAGS: @Darth Kronos @Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth likes this.
  25. Darth Kronos

Jan 2, 2016
    IC: Jak Dexter - Hangar of the Black Hole Establishment

Jak had remained silent throughout the remainder of their journey, sitting in a corner by himself and spinning his blaster pistol to distract him. When he felt the shuttle land, he suddenly stood up and made his way closer to the sensor screen. He uncomfortably watched the screen as more and more suspicious-looking ships land; including what certainly seemed like the Millennium Falcon. Despite Han Solo's supposed death, here he was, walking with some woman who was clearly not General Leia. Their job only got much more difficult.

Of course, very much unlike most in that shuttle, as Jak swore he saw a Stormtrooper's fist clench around his blaster's handle as he saw Solo appear on the sensor screen, Jak did not have a hatred for the man. He didn't even have a hatred for the Rebellion. It was simply indifference.

While Reige and Stele discussed Solo and all other potential threats, Jak's attention was suddenly grabbed by an arm symbol that he was all too familiar with. Two serpents with curved bodies intertwining with each other to symbolize connectivity. Or something like that. Jak found the whole idea to be pretentious. When he saw those armbands, his eyes went wide with shock (truth be told, he had lied when he told Reige that the Crymorah gang was nameless. In hindsight, it probably wasn't the greatest idea because it created a lack of trust between him and his employers).

"Son of a b-"

The shuttle was suddenly upended. It flipped onto its side, and Jak collapsed onto the shuttle's wall, which was now the floor. He groaned and grunted with every movement as he tried to stand himself up through all of the chaos, grabbing his fully automatic rifle, which was the only blaster that was within his reach. Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed the others already fighting back, Sava (was that her name?) and some other officer using batons to defend themselves. Jak half crawled and half ran to the cover of a nearby wall, which was actually the floor, and pressed himself against it as hard as he could. He breathed heavily, and he was already beginning to sweat.

"Jak! We know you're in there!" a man with a familiar voice shouted. It was hoarse and barely audible over the sounds of battle.

It took Jak all but five seconds to figure out who this person was. He shouted above the sounds of the distant blaster fire and yelling. "Trax?" He scoffed. "Long time, no see, huh?"

"Cut the banter, Jak. We both know how this will end!"

"Yeah," Jak primed his blaster in such a manner that Trax could clearly hear it over the chaos. "I guess we do."

There was no reply from Trax.

"You know," Jak continued. "You should just walk away... Let bygones be bygones. I don't want to have to do this!"

A short pause before Trax spoke again. "You stole 50,000 credits from us. I can't just let that go! You completely deserve this!"

That's it, you moron. Keep on talking.

"It's time you pay the c-"

Trax was not able to complete his sentence because Jak had pushed himself away from his cover and unloaded on him. A kid, no older than twenty, was caught in the crossfire; he wore the Crymorah arm band. Clearly a fresh member, likely on his first mission. He probably joined for the same reasons as Jak did.

He sighed. He couldn't waste time.

He continued to fire upon anyone who pointed a blaster at him, not looking at anyone long enough to discover their identity.

TAG: @Sinrebirth @Halle Dray @Darth_wanderguard (@HanSolo29)

-----

IC: Luna - Black Hole Establishment

The Benefactor complied with Luna's request, much to her surprise. She fully revealed her crimson colored hair, her hazel green eyes, her pale face, and her stern expression. It didn't take much for Luna to see the history within that expression.

Her name only revealed more.

Mara Jade-Skywalker. Husband of the infamous Luke Skywalker.

While Luna didn't know much about her, she did know her history with the original Galactic Empire and the threat level she had against the First Order. Hell, just the surname Skywalker had immense weight behind it. All her life, she was told to hate the Skywalker family for throwing the galaxy into constant chaos; that ending the Empire was a detriment to peace and order; that the First Order mimicking the Empire was necessary because of that. But after Hosnian Prime...

Luna shook her head and returned to reality. She continued to listen to Mara Jade, searching through her memory of First Order plans whenever Mara mentioned them, but found herself distracted. As did Mara and the Other Woman. What did they see that Luna didn't?

"What's going on?" she whispered, her breath rate increasing just as her heart rate rapidly quickened. Did the First Order find them? This quickly, no less? The anticipation was killing her.

Laser bolts suddenly fired off in their direction, and Luna immediately his behind the table for cover. A bright glow of violet caught her attention, and she saw Mara, in the middle of it all, holding a lightsaber, completely without cover. The Other Woman used her personal blaster to defend herself, seemingly firing wildly into the chaotic scene in front of her. Shouting and blaster fire smashing against walls or other people filled her ears. All other sounds were drowned out from the chaos. Her level of sobriety probably had something to do with it as well...

One voice, due to the distance, cut through it all: the Other Woman's call for action.

Luna would have ignored her and stayed hidden, but even Luna knew that would not keep her safe. Not for long, anyway. The private room only had one exit, and it was right in the line of fire. If whoever starting the shooting found her - Luna didn't see any Stormtroopers or First Order symbols, so she assumed this was a typical bar fight or gang war; she allowed herself some relief at that - Luna knew that they would not be merciful.

And so she grabbed the pistol that was near her - thankfully - and fired through the doorway and into the chaos, checking her fire, as much as she could considering her sobriety, to make sure she didn't accidentally kill Mara.

However, she did not move away from her position of cover even once.

TAG: Sinrebirth @QueenSabe7

Sinrebirth and Halle Dray like this.