main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"After The Fire" (Kyp vignette, K/J songfic)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Dantana Skywalker, Oct 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Author's Notes: This story is kind of the flip-side to "All That I've Been Living For".

A brief part of this story was taken from a Keanu Reeves fanfiction I wrote in 2001 called "Elysian Fields Burning", under the handle BuffyX. The story is currently available at "Keanu Reeves - The One" (http://keanureeves.gq.nu). Just in case you ever read that story, it's not plagairised. When I thought of the scene in question, this was what I saw, so I used it again and modified it for the situation.

The song is "The Flame" by Cheap Trick.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"After The Fire" by DantanaSkywalker

Another night slowly closes in
    And I feel so lonely
    Touching heat freezing on my skin
    I pretend you still hold me

It was dark now, shadows falling across the floor and the walls, like jagged tears in the very fabric of the universe. The air was chilled in the room, all of the old-fashioned windows open to the night air.

He could imagine she stood by the window, as she had done before, somewhere else, wrapped only in a diaphanous gown, her slender frame silhoutted in the starlight.

"I love looking at the stars. Half the time, though, I'm imagining flying among them."

His breath curled like smoke, showing in the moonlight. It occured to him that he might want to pull the windows shut, maybe stoke up the dying fire in the fireplace, but he couldn't move. He was afraid that if he tried, he would shatter into a million pieces.

Like his heart had done.

Kyp Durron huddled under the covers, trying to force sleep to come. He was afraid, though, to let it. He was afraid to dream. He knew he'd see her face, feel the illusory touch of her, the husky sound of her voice. He dragged the covers closer, shuddering.

"Kyp? Honey, quit hogging the blankets."

He groaned and rolled over, burying his face in his pillow. He'd come here to get away from the memories. But everywhere he went, she was there with him.

"I'll never leave you. You know that, don't you? Forever, that's us."

She'd lied, though. She'd left him. And he hadn't been able to do a thing to stop her.

Kyp turned his face to stare at the wall. The shadows shifted like wraiths, and they scared him. He sat up and dug his fingers into the black locks that hung in unruly waves around his head. He needed a haircut. It had been months since he'd even thought about it. His mind had been elsewhere.

"I can't decide if I like your hair better long, like this, or shorter. You're sexy either way, so I guess it doesn't matter, right?"

A draft slid over his bare skin and he shivered. Tossing back the covers, he stumbled out of bed, pulling the blanket with him, and over to the fire, pulling the windows shut with the Force. Kyp collapsed on the floor by the fireplace, and sat hunched over, drawing the blanket over him as he used a strange metal implement to push at the still-glowing embers. He tossed in a handful of kindling, then a few small logs.

He felt like he was going crazy, hearing her voice, imagining her touch. He couldn't sleep any more, and it was taking its toll on him, both physically and mentally.

The fire grew and spat sparks, but none of them reached him. The heat gradually caressed over him, taking away some of the chill that filled him.

He closed his green eyes and curled on the floor.

He dreamed of her.

I'm going crazy, I'm losing sleep
    I'm into too far
    I'm in way too deep over you
    I can't believe you're gone
    You were the first
    You'll be the last

Jaina Solo glanced behind her, dark, silken hair sliding around her shoulders as Kyp walked into the room. "Hey."

He tugged her into his arms, wrapping his arms around her tightly. "Hey."

"You look serious."

"Just realising again how much I love you. I don't want to lose you."

She smiled, then rose on her toes to kiss him. "I'll never leave you. You know that, don't you? Forever, that's us."

"Yeah. Forever. Jaina, I . . .

2. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    wow Dana. that heartwrenching. I like it . . .

3. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    *Sniff* WAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!

No!! That was so sad! :(

4. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    ::sniff:: That was so beautiful.

Good work Dana.

Jez

5. LadyMairead

LadyMairead Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    *sniffle* Oh so sad. But beautiful, as always.

6. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    sad... but I like.
    It makes me want more... which is cruel, because it's a vignette (what does that mean anyway?).
    Please write more anything and everything Dana!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Runaway_Shadow

Runaway_Shadow Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Ai! That was good! :_| sad but very good!

8. Deneveon

Deneveon Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    *cries* that was beautiful!!!

9. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    dana?...i don't know if you realised this, but that moved me to tears...*sniff*...that was so beautiful...

-JSD

10. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Wow. You guys liked it? I'm kinda "Eh" about it, but if you guys like it, I guess it's okay. I think dying of pneumonia's kinda dumb, but my cousin almost did last winter. I considered having her bleed to death after miscarrying, but decided against that.

Did any of you read the story I mentioned in the notes? It's funny, but not. The family the main character's got is a total caricature of my family. Here's the link, if you wanna read it: Elysian Fields Burning. It's kinda long, 89k, which is what, 30 pages? Beats me. I know you guys like my writing, so this is something non-Star Wars that I did.

Dana

11. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    Dana, please fix! I want to read you non-SW fic, and I tried that link and it said I didn't have permission to go there :(

12. SpacedOutAnna

SpacedOutAnna Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2002
    Dan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was WAY too good and WAY too sad......... :(
    It almost made me cry cause I'm already in a super emotional state. But awesome. You really are the queen on angsty vignettes! I'm gonna go read Aftershock now and it better be happy or I might just have to write a really sad for one of my fics!

Anna

13. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Grr. Okay, here's what you do to get to Elysian Fields Burning:

1. Go to http://keanureeves.gq.nu.

2. Click on the pic of Keanu sticking his tongue out that says "My Hero" under it.

3. When the window pops up, click on "Downloads".

4. Click "OK" on the box that pops up.

5. Go to "Fanfiction".

6. Go to "General Fanfiction".

7. Click on "Elysian Fields Burning".

That SHOULD work. If you have any problems, I'll see about e-mailing you the story.

Dana

14. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Ooooo! I missed this one. Wonderful viggie. Up!

~~Jilly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.