main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga After the Loss(Obi-Wan's thoughts-short)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Thermal, Dec 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Thermal

Darth_Thermal Jedi Youngling

Dec 22, 2003
    I had shed tears. It had been two days since our confrontation. I had blamed myself dearly for everything that had happened that day. But if I hadn't have stepped up to him, he would have surely killed her. I at least saved 'one' life, and that is the only thing that makes me feel good, although it is difficult to feel good now.

I lost everything; my fellow Knights, my closest friends, my title, my promise to my former Master. I cannot sleep, and I find myself sitting at night on the dark sand until the Suns set, thinking about everything that had happened in the past week; how it all vanished before my eyes. In my head, images of them dying flash and I feel disturbed greatly. How I wish I could go back and hand over the little boy to Master Windu for training. I had failed Anakin and my fellow Jedi in the order, but hope remains in my heart, for I now see a vision of a young bright face, the sunlight reflecting off his head as I carry him in my arms to his new home. That was the only time I had smiled since Anakin and I had fought.

The child reminded me of him in a way, but only on the outside. I knew someday he would grow to become strong, and I was there to make sure of that. Master Yoda had given me a direct order to watch over this little one, and I was not to let him down. After all, he was a rank above me and he had saved my life. I as well wanted to see this child grow and become what Anakin could not, to have the feelings Anakin did not, to think like Anakin could not. I shivered at the thought of him becoming his father; that was unacceptable. Because I had failed his father, I knew I could not train the boy. I will watch over him and keep him safe from harm, but when he is ready I shall take him to Dagobah, and there he will learn from the wisest. He is our last hope.

2. Darth-Ander

Darth-Ander Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2003
    Good job of expressing Obi-Wan's feelings of guilt. loss, failure and hope, Darth Thermal. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.