main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx After the meeting on the 12th...

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by LORDPARSEC, Sep 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LORDPARSEC

LORDPARSEC Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Hey all. I know I've already posted this idea before but I thought since I got no response that I'd try again. Nathan (JediHunterAlpha) and I are in the upcoming play, The Water Children at MCC. We have a show the night after the meeting on the 12th. It starts at 7:30 and is a relatively short play and only costs somewhere in the vacinity of ten bucks (I think less actually). If this sounds like something to do, cool. If not, thats cool too. Our shows never sell out so you can get tickets at the door an hour before curtain.

LP :D

2. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    .............Hello? ..........(cough).....

LP :(

3. Kirana_T

Kirana_T Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2002
    Hi

I'll try to come to your show. :)

4. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    YAY! ...not that I was trying to make anyone feel bad. No one has to come if they don't want to. But thanks for coming!

LP

5. Diesel_Dave

Diesel_Dave Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    How long is it?

6. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    It's relatively a short show. It's in two acts and each act is roughly 50 minutes. So including intermission, you're looking at about a two hour show. I also wanted to drop the synopsis in here again because of the nature of the show. Here it is:

Megan is an out of work actress that accepts a job in a comercial for Life Force, an anti-abortion group. Megan, having had an abortion and being a staunch liberal, is conflicted about the job. She complicates her life even further by dating Randall (LP), the organization's executive director. They try to put aside their personal beliefs, but events and people won't let them. Then Megan learns she is pregnant. To get away from it all she goes to Japan, where she about the shrines to the mizuko- the "water children". While at the shrine, Megan finally makes peace with herself and comes to a decision about the child she is now carrying.
    The Water Children addresses the issue of abortion with humor and sadness. For mature audiences.

The play runs October 10, 11, 12 at 7:30 and a Sunday Matinee at 2pm on October 13th.

LP

7. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Just wanted to throw this one back to the front of the boards since the show opens in a week! It's looking like a great show. Hope you guys can make it.

LP

8. jupitertronic

jupitertronic Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2002
    i'll try my best to be there. :)

9. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    Thanks Jupitor... We had a great rehearsal last night with lights and sound. We'll be ready to open on Thursday thats for sure. I think we're getting written up in a few newspapers too. Though I dont know which ones. See you guys there!

LP :D

10. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    .....(Cough!)..... Excuse me.....

LP

PS. Sorry... just bored today.

11. LORDPARSEC

Feb 5, 2002
    OPENING NIGHT!!! Hey all, The Water Children opens tonight at MCC! Just another reminder!

LP

PS. See above for details!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.