main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit After the NJO ended, where did you expect the EU to go?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DigitalMessiah, Aug 30, 2013.

1. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
  2. HWK-290

HWK-290 Jedi Padawan star 2

Jul 29, 2013
    This is all I got out of your post.

Thank you for the thinly veiled insult and the juvenile playacting.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to hit Ignore and return to reading Rain of Gold.

3. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    Hey, I like flowery language as much as anyone but I guess I have to admit that I'm a fan of trash and I secretly want the Expanded Universe to consist of nothing but trash. I've been found out!

*reads dhalgren*

Zeta1127 likes this.
  4. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I am pretty sure I have never agreed with anything Sniper Wolf has ever said, and his attitude isn't helping.

5. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008

yeah i did not even get that much out of your post because that type of blue hurts my eyes

6. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    You know, Sniper, for someone who claims to be a "newspaper and literary editor," you have a habit of writing unnecessarily long, rambling, confrontational, unsubstantiated and altogether poorly constructed posts. Any profession editor (I can't claim to be one, though I did work closely with a few in grad school) would tear you to pieces. Either you're so blind in your own superiority to everyone else in this forum that you consider us all plebeians, or you're just a troll throwing out words to make yourself sound smarter. Either way, I'll never read one of your posts again. Consider yourself thoroughly ignored.

I think that the idea of the NJO being followed up with another grand, sweeping series right away is flawed. That's not what the era needs. Post-NJO calls for smaller character-based novels, or a trilogy or duology, written by a single author, that tackled a small story and focused on continuing the construction of a new generation of heroes, including Ben, the Horn kids, Zekk, Raynar, Jag and Jaina. Jacen could remain absent, maybe mentioned a little but never seen. Han would retire, Leia would follow suit (but still take the occasional Jedi lesson on the side), and Luke would become the new Praxeum's Yoda, the wizened old master that even the smarmiest of the new recruits respect.

In short, the post-NJO I see as the most logical and flowing from the NJO itself is nothing like what we got, where the big Three have to save the galaxy again and again and the new generation of heroes has been whittled down to the point where you can count the worthwhile characters under the IU age of thirty on one hand.

Alixen, Jedi Ben, DarthJenari and 3 others like this.
  7. DarthJenari

DarthJenari Jedi Master star 4

Dec 17, 2011
    Ah Sniper, there's really only one proper way to respond:

8. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    Pretentious wall of text is pretentious.

9. Alixen

Alixen Jedi Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Cynical_Ben put it better than I could. The sheer arrogance behind that post almost had my jaw drop, though sadly i'm so jaded by the internet it didn't quite happen, and really I wouldn't even know how to approach a proper respectful reply.

10. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    good enough. lets move on then. I understand that Disney is probably going to abolish the eu that we know, but i do like the idea that they seem to care about continuing an expanded universe of some kind. I have some hope that Disney is going to bring us some good things down the road.

i am worried about the films however. How high of quality will they be? Will they make Luke into some old man with little power, or will they treat him properly as the grandmaster he is? It is the films that have me worried even more than the EU. That said, i don't want to lose the NJO. or Thrawn trilogy.

11. xx_Anakin_xx

xx_Anakin_xx Jedi Master star 4

Jan 9, 2008
    If they bring back Anakin Solo, all is forgiven.