main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

After The NJO

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JediStryker, Oct 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediStryker

JediStryker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 5, 2000
    Are Luke and the OT gang gonna be gone? They're already pretty much being phased out, and Ben's place in the future has been pretty steadily predicted here. Is that something we want? I am happy to see SW go on, but it's sad to see my favorite characters being placed on the back burner as it is. For them to be phased back to secondary characters in the future is an odd idea. What do you think?

2. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    To quote a famous Jedi Master: "Always in motion the future is." What Luke saw of Ben's future may not be the actual future.

3. LordCroesus

LordCroesus Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2001
    I just hope that there won't be any "Vong Remnants" or anything like that. Really hoping they go back to a more traditional-type of theme, at least for a little while, with the same sort of villains everybody knew and loved before introducing any more super-planet-killing-duper-genocidal races.

4. JWK

JWK Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    Take some time after NJO, say 10 years+, like they did after Bantaum, And make it about rebuilding the Jedi order fighing organized crime, like the Black Sun.

5. RogueJaina

RogueJaina Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2001
    I would like to see people dealing with the aftermath of the war, but these books tend to skip those parts of the story. Usually they're not even dealt with peripherally. I understand the reasons behind that from a storytelling point of view, but from an obcessive fan's point of view, it sucks...

6. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    "Take some time after NJO, say 10 years+, like they did after Bantaum, And make it about rebuilding the Jedi order fighing organized crime, like the Black Sun."

Do you mean ten years of no books, or you want the story to start ten years later? I definitely agree with rebuilding the Order and some crimefighting. Get the Jedi back to what they were originally about.

7. ron corless

ron corless Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 1999
    I think that the next series should take place two years after NJO and it should
    deal with the rebuilding of the galaxy
    and the Jedi expanding into thousands
    and returning to it's former glory.

There could be small civil wars in various
    parts of the galaxy and the Jedi could battle
    space pirates and orginizations like Black Sun and occasionally fight alien races from
    the Unknown Regions and perhaps the Jedi
    could venture into the UR. I'm dying to know
    what's in the UR. I hope we see it in future
    NJO books. If not we'll see it in post-NJO
    books. The Jedi could even fight against
    rebellions like in The New Rebellion.

And of course I would like to see Ben's
    growth into adulthood and become a Jedi.

8. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    Stand alone stories about Jedi on missions. Dealing with crime, pirates, or other Jedi that turned dark. I would like to see less of the multiple book story lines. 1 to 3 books is ok I guess

9. Baron_Fel

Baron_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    I was thinking about skipping Ben's training and start a couple of decades after the NJO.By this time there would be two galactic goverments;a new and improved New Republic without a Bothan leader;and the Chiss Empire,an alliance of the Chiss and the Inperial Remnant.The galaxy is still rebuilding itself and the Chiss have developed a technology that allows them to travel outside and into other galaxies.And Ben is the leader of the Jedi sent out into the first galaxy.

10. Yuuzhan_Commando

Yuuzhan_Commando Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 11, 2001
    *sigh* the Chiss. A group of Blue skinned alians from the UR. An interesting concept. The UR should be the new enemy, no one knows how big it really is, right? for all we know there could be a disc-planet being floated on a Giant Turtle. We don't know yet, but when it does happen I want it to involve Chiss and the UR. I dun want any Impirials at all.

11. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    The chiss are the future of the EU. It will be about them, of course because Vision of the Future says so.

12. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Funy you should propose that storyline Ron, it is the kind of thing I was hoping for after HOT.

A more micro look at war in place of the macro focus as it were.

Jedi Ben

13. Quiwan

Quiwan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    I would like to see a series start near the end of Ben's training and then go from there.

But no chiss, I'm so sick of them. One chiss(thrawn)was made way too powerful, smart (and unbelievable) by a crappy author (zahn) and suddenly the whole race is better than everyone in the galaxy? I could do without that.

14. killfire

killfire Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    After the NJO I want
    1) main characters that are neither force sensitive nor überpilots

2) a little more science and less religion

3) a replacement for the X-Wing

and I don't want

4) any more super children

5) relationships for everyone (let's face it ... some people are happy alone)

6) another superweapon like a Galaxy Fryer

7) any Sith, Chiss or Vong

15. LordCroesus

LordCroesus Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2001
    Other than Exar Kun, have they actually done much with the original Sith? I see the whole lot of the dark jedi and wannabe-sith, but none of them are up to par... Something involving the Sith, the original Sith, could be very good.

As for the Chiss... Mixed feelings about them. If they bring them into anything, they'll have to show them as not perfect... The only ones we've actually seen so far are Thrawn and his Household Phalanx, it's quite possible they're a microcosm significantly different from the rest of their race.

The Vong should be integrated into the SW Universe after NJO, and then essentially forgotten except in passing. I'm really getting sick of them.

16. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    Stories set long before TPM would be great. A thousand years of Jedi have to have some interesting stories. Dealing with the original Sith would be interesting. I know some of the comics had been set in that time. I need to get my hands on some of those.

17. BoutyPunkrAurra

BoutyPunkrAurra Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 21, 2001
    i too am saddened that luke han and leia are being placed secondary. but i also enjoy seeing new faces: their children. isn't that what happens kinda in real-life? when the parents have carried out their legacy they hand it over to their kids? but i hope they arent lost totally....

18. IronParrot

IronParrot Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 2, 1999
    I could always do with another paperweight.

19. Baron_Fel

Jul 28, 2001
    If they have Chiss they should be dumbed down a bit.It won't look good for them to be as tacticaly smart as Thrawn.If there are any Chiss there should be Imps.

20. LtSticks

LtSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    The way the Del Rey are going, i don't really think there'll be that many characters left to base books on

21. Jedi_Jade_Skywalker

Jedi_Jade_Skywalker Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2001
    Everytime I finish reading a NJO book I wonder what's going to happen in the future.
    It's always interesting reading stories where Jacen, Jaina, etc play the main parts but I don't want the old ones to fade away. I also worry about the original characters being killed off in futre novels, after all, they did kill Chewie.

22. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    I suppose that they?re going to go eventually.

Though if I were Lucas, I would want to be the one to decide how my characters finally went bye-bye. I would like to see him write a synopsis of what happens to the OT characters after the NJO, and then let the authors incorporate Lucas? vision into their novels.

23. JediMasterBigHungry

JediMasterBigHungry Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2001
    I would like to see the entire GFFA on the brink of annihilation. And right before the republic is on the brink of extinction, then the Jedi come up with a way of destroying the Vong and reclaiming the galaxy, with Kyp dying in an act of self-sacrafice to deploy the weapon that destroyes the Vong. Then, the books after the NJO would be about rebuilding the galaxy and the Republic with the Jedi being the saviors of the galaxy.

24. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    I'd really like to see the Solo kids continue their training, but I also think it would be good to have another smuggler in the family. That's been my hope for young Skywalker all along. He'd be like a son to Han. I mean, all Han's kids followed in Luke's footsteps, it would be nice to think that someone's going to be around to take Han's place. It's 'cind in Ben's blood too, Mara being a smuggler and all. Anyway, I hope the future books don't rest solely on Ben, we've been led to believe that Anakin is the next chosen one, and I'd like to see that prophecy fulfilled.

25. Baron_Fel

Jul 28, 2001
    I don't completely think the original characters will fade away,and it's probably safe to assume that all the seniors will bite the dust.But when they do,I hope it is writen well and their deaths will be fitting.Example;if Wedge goes out,I hope he would go out in a blaze of glory.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.