Beyond After the War Book Four- Complicated~ Kyp kissed Jaina!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Boba_Bunny_123, Apr 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Boba_Bunny_123 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I've been at this what for what seems like forever, and it still seems like I'll never finish. 8-} No, really, I love doing this, and I love writing in general. It's a lot of fun for me to post, because I don't know what's going to happen, either. I have an extremely rough outline of major events, and that's it. So even I'm surprised by a few things. So, I leave you with this: "Is every other person in this galaxy named Solo?" Tsavong Lah

STAR WARS

COMPLICATED

DRAMATIS PERSONAE

Shira Brie
    Kyp Durron
    Baron Soontir Fel
    Mitthraw Nuruodo
    Cal Omas
    Gilad Pelleon
    Mara Jade Skywalker
    Anakin Solo
    Jacen Solo
    Jaina Solo
    Han Solo
    Leia Organa Solo
    Tenel Ka Solo

Quarang Lah
    Harrar
    The Yuuzhan Vong Remnant

Special Thanks to: Avril Lavigne, the usual list of authors, especially Kevin J. Anderson and Rebecca Moesta, George Lucas, and my readers: DaughterofYubYub, lordmaul13, and Jedi_Liz , along with anyone else I forgot. Your opinion really does matter!

-----------------------------------

The Hapan cruisers flooded into Mon Calamari's atmosphere. Prince Isolder, Tenel Ka Skywalker's father, had safely made it offplanet. Tenel Ka knew her grandmother had not been so lucky. And though she felt bad for thinking so, she could not help but think that Ta'a Chume would not be all that missed by the majority of the galaxy.

Isolder gripped his daughter in a firm embrace, thrilled to see her alive. Hapans disembarked from their cruisers, mingling with each other, hoping to find family. Some did. Some did not.

"We have no choice!" Cal Omas sat down, exhausted. The council before him looked emptier than it should. So much death had come, between the Vong, the New Empire, and now...this. "We must declare war on the Chiss!"

Leia continued to counter Cal's argument. "The Chiss Ruling council may not realize--"

"They haven't answered! It is a sign of guilt!" He paused, and gazed at each face: Leia, Mara, Kyp, Jacen, Kam, Kenth, Triebakk, Isolder--as ruler, he finally joined Hapes with the Alliance--Kre'fey, Sien Sovv. "It will come to a vote."

Leia said no, predictably. Mara, "Yes", same for Kyp. Jacen and Kam each said no, Kenth said yes. Triebakk hesitated, and grunted an affirmative. Isolder, Kre'fey, and Sovv all agreed with Cal.

Omas stood. "Then it is decided. Mara, get me the Chiss Council."
  2. lordmaul13 Jedi Master

star 4
    I wouldn't care to be on the Chiss council right now.

lordmaul13
  3. Boba_Bunny_123 Jedi Knight

star 1
    No, the Chiss COuncil isn't a good place to be right now. But Mitthraw already told us they're oblivious...

New post tonight.
  4. Boba_Bunny_123 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Up. I hope to post soon.
  5. Boba_Bunny_123 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Finally, a new post!

-----------------------------------

The Chiss Ruling Council gathered, none quite sure why they had been called. All, however, noticed the absence of Lankr-Mitthraw Nuruodo. The assembly of shriveled, old Chiss watched as Cal Omas' gigantic face appeared over their heads.

"Rulers of the Chiss," came his booming voice. "Mitthraw Nuruodo has committed several criminal actions that violate Alliance law, including the destruction of the Hapes Cluster. We have tried to contact you several times, to no avail. We--"

Shana Lanrini, the head of the council, interrupted Omas. "We are not held responsible for the actions of renegade Chiss. This held true 22 years ago, and it still holds true today. We thank you for your concern."

She terminated the connection.
  6. lordmaul13 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmmm. I don't think that was the way to handle it Shana.

lordmaul13
  7. Boba_Bunny_123 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Now it gets good...

---------------------------------

Shira Brie left the loft bed, and turned off the Holonet in disgust. "Mitthraw!" she called. "Get in here."

The elderly Chiss entered. "You saw?"

Shira grimaced. "The Alliance is after you. We're not safe."

"Don't be ridiculous, Shira. We're in the Deep Core; we're quite safe. The Vong haven't bothered us yet, and the Alliance won't bother them."

"The Jedi can trace the Force. They may be able to detect me. Especially Jade."

"Please, don't bother me with that ancient religion. The Force is meaningless psychic power, nothing more."

Shira stared him down. "The Force is much larger than that, Mitthraw. Much larger."

On Chissia, the new home of the Chiss military after the attacks on Chi, police Lancets poured out from the hangars. Baron Soontir Fel met with Shana Lanrini outside Hangar I. He had been in Mitthraw Nuruodo's captivity for several weeks, but managed to return to Chissia after Mitthraw and Shira's escape.

"I can't believe we ever harboured such weapons," Fel said to the Chiss woman. He turned to face her. "Why wasn't I informed?"

"The Council ordered those weapons destroyed. Unforunately, the members at that time did not forsee Mitthraw's actions, and charged him with their disposal. He hoarded them for his own use, probably out of anger for our ban of them during Thrawn's campaign."

"Idiots." Shana did not react. Fel scowled. "That includes you. Why the hell would you disconnect Cal Omas? What did you think that would accomplish?" He composed himself, visibly at least. "As head of Chiss military, I'm declaring the Chiss Ruling Council incapable of action. Until further notice, I control this system, and it's further course of action. You're dismissed." He pointed to the door, and Shana Lanrini, unable to fight protocol that she herself had approved twenty years ago, left in shame.
  8. lordmaul13 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, idiots. I mean *whatever* you do don't make sure the weapons of mass destruction are actually destroyed.

lordmaul13
  9. Boba_Bunny_123 Jedi Knight

star 1
    --------------------------------

Cal Omas called Leia Organa Solo to his office. "Leia, I need to speak with you." He gestured to a chair. "Please, sit."

Leia took a seat opposite the Councilor, and immediately began to speak. "Cal, if this is about Anakin--"

"I assure you, Leia; it is not about Anakin. Not entirely, anyway." Cal paused and took a breath. "I want you to go on the mission."

Leia was now completely confused. "Me? It's a Jedi strike team!"

Cal smiled. "And as I understand it, you are a Jedi."

Leia stood up, shaking her head and arms negatively. "No. No way. I'm not a Jedi; Luke hardly trained me." Realisation dawned on her. "How did you know I was trained at all?"

Cal motioned for her to sit again. "Your brother came to me, shortly before the New Empire Crisis. He said he'd had a vision, in which all this death and suffering was ended. He said, for that to come to pass, Leia must be a Jedi...He also said, that for that to come to pass...He would have to die. He knew you would listen to me, so he asked me to tell you that you must allow Mara to finish your training. You must go on that mission, and become a Jedi!"

Leia stood again, this time angrily. "It's not that simple, Cal! I can't become a Jedi in a few weeks, I--"

Cal interrupted her again. "You're already more than halfway there. Just let Mara add the finishing touches. The way Luke was talking, it could mean the end of the galaxy if you refuse."

TWO WEEKS LATER

Night fell on Mon Calamari. Rain poured down from the heavens, and electricity sparkled as water droplets struck the ignited purple lightsaber lying on the ground.

Jaina Solo stood at the top of a small mountain, taller than normal because of low tide, staring down and out at the jetties protruding from the beach. The rain soaked her hair, plastering it to her scalp, and her jumpsuit clung heavily to her body.

In mere months, her life had come to a screecching halt. Her uncle and boyfriend...no, husband...both dead. Her brothers and mother off on a wild goose chase. Her father working with the military again. She had nothing left to live for; there was nothing happy in her life.

So she was going to jump. Simple and neat, ending all her problems right then and there. She mentally braced herself, and prepared to leap.

"Jaina, don't!" Jaina spun around to see Kyp Durron rushing toward her.

"Why shouldn't I?" She yelled over the storm. A bolt of lightning crashed over the ocean, and thunder boomed so loudly Jaina thought she would bowl over.

Kyp reached the hill, and took Jaina's hands. "We still need you," he breathed. He embraced Jaina. " I still need you."

Jaina was taken aback. "What are you--"

Kyp flicked a string of wet hair out of Jaina's eyes, and kissed her passionately. The rain beat against their faces, and matted their dark hair to their heads. Jaina normally would have pulled away and beaten Kyp to a pulp. But this time, she allowed the kiss. Allowed it to take her away.
  10. Boba_Bunny_123 Jedi Knight

star 1
    If "Kyp kissed Jaina!" won't attract readers, then I don't know what will...

8-}
  11. Boba_Bunny_123 Jedi Knight

star 1
  12. EBrooklynW Jedi Knight

star 1
    it Might help if you provided links to the previous stories in the series. :)

~EBrooklynW
  13. Boba_Bunny_123 Jedi Knight

star 1
    You're right.

Book 1

Book 2

Book 3

Books 1 and 2 were reposted from the classic board, and you're reading Book 4 right now.
  14. Boba_Bunny_123 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Alliance Transport Ackbar Ship Log
    ID: Leia Organa
    Password: *********

Mon Calamari Time, Republic Year 1055, Day 291

I don't know why I ever agreed to this crazy mission. The funny thing is, if Luke were alive, I would have refused immediately. Something about his death just made it impossible for me to say no. And Cal said he was serious. "Leia. Let's get started."

LOG OUT Time 21:56, MCT

SCIENTIST LOG, Clak'dor VII Time, Imperial Year 55

LOGIN: Lomilar
    PASSWORD: ************

The new weapon is coming along nicely. The schematics provided by the Chiss have allowed for easy construction. I've been promised a lot of money for this weapon. One hopes that I will have something to spend on...and that I will be alive. My employer is slightly eccentric..."Lolimar!"

"Yes, Miss Brie."

"Knock off the crap. You have one standard week to finish this weapon. The Alliance is hot on our tail; Omas' latest press release says he'll stop at nothing to catch us."

"And you want to blow him up first. This weapon won't reach Mon Calamari from here."

"Trust me. Now get to work."

See what I mean.

LOG OUT Time 11:17, C7T
  15. lordmaul13 Jedi Master

star 4
    Mmmmhmmmm.

Kind of vague.

Might be time to get the heck out of Dodge... I mean Mon Cal...

lordmaul13
  16. Boba_Fett_123 Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't get it...

But remember, Shira lets her anger dictate her actions. Mitthraw's the brains.

17. padme-96 Jedi Master

star 4
    i promise i will read this when i find the time
  18. Boba_Fett_123 Jedi Master

star 4
    You won't need a lot of time. My stories are relatively short.
  19. Boba_Fett_123 Jedi Master

star 4
    -----------------------

"Well, where do we start?"

Mara sat at the head of a long conference table, addressing the rest of the strike team: Anakin, Tahiri, and Leia.

"We could always try Coruscant," Tahiri chimed in.

"Or the Deep Core," Anakin added.

Leia shook her head. "They'd be crazy to go anywhere near either place. I don't--"

"Ahh!" Mara yelped in agony, and slumped back in her chair, unconcious.

Jade...Come to me, Jade. We have a score to settle. After your team is out of the way, this galaxy will suffer for it's wrongs. Then, the true---

Mara's eyes snapped open. "Ebaq Nine. Go to Ebaq Nine."

Leia, now kneeling near Mara, looked doubtful. "Mara--"

"No. Shira reached to me. She wants a duel. The dark side...It's strong again."

Soontir Fel was decidedly less than thrilled. "Shana!" he screamed. "Get in here!"

Shana stepped into the office, trying to be nonchalant, but failing. "Yes, Baron General?"

"Why did the Alliance send out a strike team without contacting me?"

Shana slumped noticably in her chair across from Fel. "Perhaps they want nothing--"

Soontir's voice was low and deadly. "Did you send an ambassador to Mon Calamari?"

Shana squirmed around. "No," she said sheepishly.

Fel scowled at her. "Get out. Tell the Deputy General to get his ass in here and take over for me. I'm going to see Cal Omas." He paused. "And tell the Council it's been dissolved. You're of no use to the Chiss species."
  20. padme-96 Jedi Master

star 4
    well i've read them now.
    your stories may be short but so is my time and i read lots of stories., but i like this one
  21. lordmaul13 Jedi Master

star 4
    What are you saying Fel? Are you saying self-serving politicians are of no use to anyone? It's like the old saying: If pro is the opposite of con then what is the opposite of progress?

lordmual13
  22. Boba_Fett_123 Jedi Master

star 4
    Thank you all. New post soon, possibly tonight.
  23. Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'd say that the "Kyp kissed Jaina" helped to bring in readers. I love kyp and even more i love it when kyp kisses jaina. Sweet story. i'll have to read the first three books later.

Jez
  24. Boba_Fett_123 Jedi Master

star 4
    Jaina paced about in her room. What had just happened? Kyp Durron just kissed her...and she thought she'd liked it! The way her stomach fluttered whenever she...

No. Don't even think it.

You love him.

Stop! Listen to yourself, you're crazy! Repeat: You do NOT love Kyp Durron.

I am completely in love with Kyp Durron.

That's not what I said! What's wrong with me?!

Nothing's wrong. You love him.

Stop saying that! You do not love Kyp Durron. It makes absolutely no sense at all, and all nine Corellian hells would freeze over first. But regardless...

It looks like you love Kyp Durron.
  25. Boba_Fett_123 Jedi Master

star 4
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.