main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends After the War Book One- My Heart Will Go On (completed)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Boba_Fett_123, Mar 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boba_Fett_123

Boba_Fett_123 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    STAR WARS
    My Heart Will Go On

Dramatis Personae

with the New Republic,
    Jaina Solo
    Jag Fel
    Kyp Durron
    Jacen Solo
    Luke Skywalker
    Mara Jade Skywalker
    Han Solo
    Leia Organa Solo
    Admiral Ackbar
    Winter
    Tahiri Veila

with the Yuuzhan Vong,
    Supreme Overlord Shimraa
    Oninmi
    Nom Anor

unaffiliated,
    Boba Fett

Special Thanks to Celine Dion, George Lucas, James Cameron, Timothy Zahn, Kevin J. Anderson, Rebecca Moesta, Walter Jon Williams, Tom Veitch, Lawrence Kasdan, Dave Wolverton, Leigh Brackett, R.A. Salvatore, and Aaron Allston.

2. Boba_Fett_123

Aug 6, 2002
    Night, Mon Calamari

JAINA

I'm sitting outside, in the cold. It stinks like low tide; in fact, it probably is. But none of that matters. Because I'm leaning against Jag Fel. Something, somewhere, nags at me, telling me I'm making a mistake, to detach myself from him. But I've given that up. The war is over, practically, and we've won. I don't have to worry about death, or losing anyone else. I look up at Jag, and he kisses me. I kiss him back, and lean down toward the roof. I look past his face for a second, and see the stars. I kiss him again, more passionately...and it becomes more...

JAG

It's quiet. I feel a nudge; Jaina is looking at me. I bend down to kiss her, feel her lips against mine. I bend her down against the roof, as we kiss more, longer, harder. I reach around her, groping. And we cross a line...

KYP

An undescribable surge in the Force

I awake with a start. Jag and Jaina...no. Jaina would never. But I'm sure...Aw, I don't know. It could be nothing.
    I get out of bed anyway, get changed, and head outside. And a shirt lands on my head. Fel's shirt. Oh boy. I go back inside, and toss the shirt in a dumpster, go back to sleep.

LUKE

A blast in the Force. Mass destruction. I awake, with a start. sweaty. Mara beside me stirs as well. "Did you feel that?" she asks.

"Yeah," I reply groggily. "What was it?"

"It felt like death...but it wasn't...".

And it clicks. Like death, but not...

"Conception!"

MARA

"Conception!" Luke exclaims. Where the hell did that come from? "Conception?" I ask.

"Yeah! Like death, but not...the opposite of death, birth...".

"Yeah, some guy just ended the youthful years of his life, so?"

"Why would we have felt it if it was just 'some guy'"

And for once in his life, Luke half made sense. "Jaina?"

He nods.

LEIA

A jolt in the Force.

I wake up, startled, and having no idea what I felt. But I'm sure it was Jaina.

"Aah!". From Jacen's room. I get out of bed and run to him.

"You felt it too?" I ask.

"Jaina's pregnant," he says, to my complete surprise. "Jag."

Still recovering from shock, I wake Han.

HAN

Leia prods at me as I open myeyes. "What?", I groan.

"Sit up. I have to tell you something."

"Can't it wait?". I'm really not in the mood.

"No," she says. "Jaina is pregnant. Jacen and I felt it through the Force. Luke probably did, too." Now I'm awake. And pissed.

"She WHAT?! Where is she?!"

Rather than wait for them to tell me, I go to look.

WINTER

Ackbar is not doing well. It's all I can do to keep him concious.

ACKBAR

I have precious little time left. Soon, I will forever leave this galaxy. I have...done my part. Now, I struggle to open my eyes and speak. "Winter..." I sputter. The sound is almost not there, but she comes.

"What is it?" It's so...lovely how she is...so concerned...with me.

"This is my...final hour. I can hardly...think without pausing, let alone...speak. Leave me...here, alone. Go...tell everyone...goodbye...for...me..."

I close my eyes again. I feel my heart stop, my gills close. Winter leaves, I can hear her. I am dead. My brain will soon cease to function. But, we have already won...

ONE MONTH LATER

JAINA

Uh-oh. Big uh-oh. I didn't get my period.

JAG

The HoloMessenger buzzes. It's Jaina. "Hello?"

"WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO ME??!!"

"Oh no, you're PMSing."

"That's exactly the problem Jag. I didn't get my period!! You got me pregnant!!"

Aw, damn.

KYP

I walk past Jaina's quarters. And Jaina's inside having a seizure. I open the door. "What's wrong?"

She's screaming at a little image of Jag. "YOU GOT ME PREGNANT!"

Oh boy. I close the door.

HAN

I hear Jaina from outside, see Kyp open the door, close it, and walk away. She's talking, scratch that, screaming to Jag. I open the door. "Turn it off. Now."

She's clearly scared. Good. "Yeah?" What, is she hoping I didn't hear? Everyone on the Outer Rim heard!

"What did you do?"

"I didn't do-"

"Don't

3. Boba_Fett_123

Aug 6, 2002
    JAG

The war is worse. But I think I have a way out. I've been locked in my father's home for eight months. He has been taken away by stormtroopers. The Imperials want our shipyards. My clawcraft is hidden underground. If I hurry, I can get to Jaina. If I hurry.

LEIA

With Ackbar gone, defending against two enemies will be extremely difficult. Perhaps impossible. Drayson, Rieekan...We've lost our best tacticians. I don't know what we're going to do.

LUKE

"Thanks, Leia,". Great. Now I have to assemble an army of Jedi to defend the Chiss. I can' do this. It's not possible. "Always, with you, it cannot be done." I turn to see Yoda. "How did you get here?" I ask.

"One with the Force, I am. Need help, you do. Hesitant, you are, to attack. Against the Code, it is. Rubbish! Attacking this Empire, wrong it is not. Do. Or do not. There is no try."

I'm going to do. I pull out my comm and key to Tionne. "Assemble the Jedi."

JACEN

Uncle Luke's call to arms was the last thing I expected. When I got there, his news threw me for a loop. A New Empire? Why? In the middle of the war? What did they want? I had no chance to ask; already we were boarding a transport to the Unknown Regions. And I knew they could never be answered anyway.

MARA

When Luke told me about the Empire, I hit him. And I told him he wasn't funny. Then he said he was serious. And any red hair I had left turned grey with the rest of them. What nutball would do this? I opted to stay with Ben, Jaina, and little Jag. I wanted to be with my son. Now, I'm going to say goodbye to Luke. I walk up to him, kiss him. "I'll miss you," I say. "Come back."

"Provided I live?" he asks.

"No; regardless."

JAG

I can see my ship from here. I'm almost out. The stormtroopers are not paying me any attention. I can escape. I crawl over to the ship. I open the hatch, trying to make no noise. A stormtrooper turns. I grab the blaster from in the ship and shoot him. He falls. And now I've made a spectacle of myself. I jump in and close the hatch, activate the blaster turrets. I shoot at the troopers, and they go flying. Without bothering with a preflight check, I take off. I need to get off this planet, with or without money. And I don't care what Han thinks. If my love for Jaina isn't enough...I can always do what he did.

KYP

Since no one else is here, I've been helping Jaina out. Mara's been here too, but she has enough to worry about with Ben. I opted to stay behind because I wanted to help Jaina. And, maybe, because Jag isn't here.

JAINA

I'm beginning to wish I never met Jagged Fel. This baby is more trouble than he's worth, most of the time. But he's so little! I could enjoy if Kyp weren't trying to take Jag's place every other minute. He walks up to me, kisses me on the cheek. "Need any help?" I slap him.

"Aunt Mara?" I call.

"Yeah?"

"Could you take Jag? I don't want him to learn any new words!"

Mara walks in. "Have fun", she says, smiles, and takes Jag outside.

I turn to Kyp, and slap him again. "I don't know who you think you are! I had a freaking baby with Jag! Where do you get off thinking that you can do this?!"

"Well, you know, Jag's probably dead..."

"Get out!" I kick him. "Get the hell out!!"

And I kick him, quite literally, out the door. Mara walks in. "Did you enjoy yourself?"

"Yes, actually. I wonder whose turn it'll be to slap him next?"

LUKE

We've just pulled out of hyperspace. And walked into a nightmare. It's as though time has gone back 30 years; Chi is surrounded by blood red Imperial Star Destroyers. TIE Fighters adorned in silver streak to the Chiss planet. Our X-Wings pour toward the Star Destroyers. And several of them jump to hyperspace.

"Han, what was that?" I yell.

Han runs to the cockpit of the Falcon. "No ship can jump that fast, they must have known we were coming."

"There's more than enough Star Destroyers there to take us out. They can't be running."

"Then where would they be going?"

I hang my head low. "I don't know."

4. Boba_Fett_123

Aug 6, 2002
    JAINA

Every night in my dreams
    I see you
    I feel you
    That is how I know you
    Go on

Jag runs from his ship, collapses. He is motionless, unconscious, perhaps...dead.

Far across the distance
    And spaces
    Between us
    You have come to show you
    Go on

I see space. Jag and I, we are alone. Peaceful. At rest.

Near
    Far
    Where ever you are
    I believe that the heart does
    Go on

Once
    More
    You open the door
    And you're here in my heart and
    My heart will go on and on...

I stand at a funeral. Jag's. The baby is home. Never will he meet his father.

You're
    Here
    There's nothing I fear
    And I know that my heart will
    Go on

We'll
    Stay
    Forever this way
    You are safe in my heart and
    My heart will go on and on...

TAHIRI

I watch as they carry Jagged Fel's dead body away. As much as I want to pass the buck to someone else, I feel it my responsibility to inform Jaina. And if I'm this upset...I can only imagine how she will feel...

JAINA

I wake up with a strange feeling. The unsettling dream...It didn't seem right. Maybe I was just worrying. The commvid beeps. Tahiri, transmitting from Chi.

"Jaina Solo." I brace myself, though I'm not sure why, exactly.

"Jaina...I have...news. About Jag."

"What happened?"

"He was shot down on Chi. He told me to tell you that he loves you, always. I'm so sorry."

In this moment, I lose every ounce of the control I so pride myself for. I break down in tears, uncontrollably. Tahiri signs off, knowing she can do nothing. The love of my life...dead.

"Aunt Mara!"

Mara walks in. "What's wrong?" She rushes over to kneel beside me. A dark rage fills my eyes, and I push it back a little, allowing some to remain.

"Watch Ben. I'm going to Chi."

She stands with me. "What happened?"

I say over my back, "Jag's dead."

BAL

We enter a secret chamber on my Star Destroyer. A shelf is in the far corner. "Give me the Essences, Sol," I say. Sol gives me six containers filled with an emanating blue gas--the dark energy the Emperor's body expelled at Endor, his spirit. These containers have been hidden since his death; his former clones died because they did not have this. I soon will be unstoppable. I set four back on the shelf, and give the other two to the clones. "You know what to do." As I close the door, I hear glass shatter. They will truly be the Emperor's clones.

---------------------------------------------

BOBA FETT

Jaina Solo leaves her room. "Don't go to Chi," I tell her. She spins around, see's me, and draws her blaster.

"Give me one good reason not to kill you right now."

"I can help you get revenge."

Jaina puts the gun away. "I'm listening."

"There's a huge bounty on the head of the leader of the New Empire, Bal Serinus. But I can't take down a Sith by myself. I need your help. Come with me. I've placed a tracker on her Star Destroyer. It will be easy to get to her."

Jaina extends her hand. "I'm in," she says as we shake.

MARA

It's been four months since the battle on Chi started. Reinforcements have been constantly leaving Mon Calamari. I stand outside with Ben and Jag, one in each arm. Kyp was forced to leave to Chi. Soon, I'll have to go, too. I wish Jaina hadn't left. I look up into the sky, and pray for Luke to return. From inside, the holovid beeps. Someone's calling. It's Luke. "What's wrong," I start immediately.

"I'm coming back. Get inside."

"Why?"

"The Death Star is coming."

JAINA

I never thought I'd be working with Boba Fett. But here I am. We sit in the Slave IV, silently. I'm not even sure if Fett's awake. I figure I may as well drift off as well...No idea how long this trip will be...

LUKE

We arrived just ahead of the Death Star. We being me, Tahiri, Jacen, and Kyp. We had three hours to prepare before the Death Star showed up. Now, its four Jedi against a moon-sized battle station. Pretty good odds.

BOBA FETT

We arrive at

5. Boba_Fett_123

Aug 6, 2002
    Wow, I got such a feeling of nostalgia from reading that thread again.

6. Boba_Fett_123

Aug 6, 2002
    EDIT: Cleaned up markup codes and formatting. Turns out I did a lousy cut and paste job. [face_blush]

7. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Thats an...interesting story.

8. Boba_Fett_123

Aug 6, 2002
    :confused: Well, if you liked it, the sequel is here, as well, but it's not finished yet. Did you like it?
    :confused:

9. Boba_Fett_123

Aug 6, 2002
    I changed the Vong plotline to suit the recurrence in Book Four. Read again if you want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.