main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:VIC After thoughts of Episode III

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Obi_Frank_Kenobi, Jul 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi_Frank_Kenobi

Obi_Frank_Kenobi Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    I first saw Episode III at 12:01am May 19th, watching that movie for the first time was something I cant explain, it was truely amazing:D That day I went to school and didn't shut up about it all day. Over the next week or so I started reading reviews of the movie and what others had thought of it, and I a found a review which I read, and quickly dismissed, it bascially said that epiosde III was like a 2 hour computer game...so on, and i thought to my self that that was ridiculous. Over the next week I could not stop thinking about how good the movie was, though when I went to see it again everything changed. After 5 minutes of so I didn't want to watch it[face_talk_hand] , I just wasn't enjoying it, and after I got out of the cinema I had a totally different view on the movie. I can watch the original trilogy over and over, same with Episodes 1 and 2, but 3 was different, I just couldn't. And thats when I draw a line to the review I read. Episode III is like a computer game that you can only play once, it wasn't as solid as the other Episodes, it didn't have the depth. But depth? Sure the story line has depth, I nearly cried three times! When I think of the first time I watched it, I think how damn good the movie is, but every time I watch it it gets far worse, unlike the original trilogy. Can any one relate to what I am saying? Or am I just really lost:confused:

2. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    Nope.
    you're lost.

Go watch Star Trek, you closet Trekkie......

3. Obi_Frank_Kenobi

May 19, 2005
  4. SithLord-Mixo

SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 21, 2002
    I like it the more i see it but it still lacks total emotional punch for me.

5. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    Agreed, the more I see it the more I like it.

6. Xanakh

Xanakh Jedi Grand Master star 1

Mar 1, 2002
    You nearly cried? Haahahahaha... u r ghey.

Just kidding. I got a bit sad when the troops capped Ki-Adi-Mundi, cos he's a great character and the way that part of the Order 66 montage was done was good. I was laughing ten seconds later at the lameness of Aayla Secura's death. Wave your hands in the air, like you just don't care! Amy Allen should use some of the money she received from her cameos to get acting lessons.

I was also sad when the credits began rolling. End of an era and all.

7. Obi_Frank_Kenobi

May 19, 2005
    yeah, I might give it some time and watch it again and see what I think[face_thinking] I'll probably watch the whole saga through which will be fun:)

8. southern-princess

southern-princess Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2005
    I love it more each time. And each time I see it I make another connection. Something else reveals itself to me. And watching the other 5 episodes again reveals further things. And I did cry (but not the first two times - because I wasn't breathing then and you can't cry if you are not breathing) But after the 13th time I've learnt 'control' and I wait till I get home to cry.

I will be very sad when I can not longer see it.

Anyway, must fly, I have a date with destiny.

9. Xanakh

Xanakh Jedi Grand Master star 1

Mar 1, 2002
    I only saw it once at the cinema, on premiere night, then paid a visit to my go-to guy for my own copy. It's not piracy... he just has a time machine, and goes forward to when the movies are released on DVD and brings some legitimate copies back to our own time to sell. Yeah. That's what he does.

10. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    I Love it more and more each time, BUT I do know that you can really feel that way about a movie if you have something else on your mind whilst you're in the cinema. EG: knowing you should be somewhere else or thinking about something thats bugging you like exams or an argument etc...

I watched ROTS when I knew I was supposed to pick someone up soon after, and I was pushing the envelope for time, and I found myself thinking "HURRY UP AND END!"

then I slapped myself for thinking such blasphemy and moved on.

11. DarthBlac

DarthBlac Jedi Youngling

Jul 28, 2005
    Well guys I have to say after now watching episode III 3 times I have found several things that just dissapointed. And although I am lifelong fan of Star Wars I have found the growing lack of quality scripting for key people to be really frustrating. Visually the last 2 episodes have been totally increadible, but several things have bothered me in episode III.

1/ Lack of use of Mace Windu .. I was really expecting him play a larger role who has such a cool persona as Sammule Jackson and gives him such sparse and poor dialog to work with?. " I sense a plot to destroy the jedi " Surely George could have done better?. There is several other Jedi who also deserved to play larger roles and instead becamme just background props. I would really like to have seen Kit Fisto, and perhaps some female jedi in action like Luminara and Barris Offie.

2/ Lack of real sense of drama and desperation in Anikan turning to the dark side.. again this just needed better development and a more compelling concept than him trying to avoid a bad dream coming true. I felt it just needed a more compelling event to unfold, something which could have looked to involve the Jedi order and Obi Wan. I would have also added a scene where Anikan confronts Darth Sidious about his promise of the darkside being able to stop death?. I would think it would have been obvious Anikan would ask after all he turned to get that power?

3/ The scene at the end when Padmae gives birthe Luke an Leia and then dies from a broken heart?. It seemed too hurried as if it was just squeezed in as an afterthought, when really it was one of main aspects of the story.

Overall I love the film but could have been much better..I have to say Ewan McGregor as Obi Wann was the best pick of the bunch in every film and even laden with average scripting managed to be the stand out for me everytime.

12. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

May 23, 2005
    Well, They can't have Everything in it dude. It IS Primarily about Anakin at the end of the day!

Just be glad Jar Jar said one line!

13. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    Its kind of sad that many people have to base their positive feeling of Ep3 on simply how bad the first two were.

But it was still a solid flick, sure, not as good as Empire, but I'd go as far as say that it and ROTJ are equal.

14. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

May 23, 2005
  15. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    Good work son.

16. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

May 23, 2005
    With the Prequels, one thing that not many people understood from the beginning, is that it's going to be a different time, so it's going to be a different kind of film each time.

People were looking for the used future stuff like rusty, blocky ships and scoundrels etc.. But this time period is like the Renaissance period. Everything is crafted instead of Mass Produced and Punched out in an assembly line like when the empire is around. The Empire's reign is like the Industrial Revoloution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.