main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT After Yoda and Mace, Who Is #3?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darkslayer, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Who was the third most powerful Jedi in the PT? Was it Ki-Adi-Mundi? Plo Koon? Anakin? Obi-Wan?

2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I don't agree with the stated order but since it's how you frame it, I'd say Dooku.

3. Darth Zannah

Darth Zannah Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2014
    i'm not really sure but I'd have to guess that it is Ki Adi Mundi or Plo Koon...

CoolyFett likes this.
  4. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Most powerful is Plo, highest-ranking is Mundi

Rabs likes this.
  5. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    In rank? I'm not sure. Someone on the Jedi Council, Mundi? Plo Koon or Shaak Ti perhaps?

Most powerful in terms of strength? Anakin is ROTS, but before then, I'd say Koon, Mundi, and Dooku when he was still a Jedi.

6. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    In power? Wisdom? Seniority? Command? Seriously, what do you want them ranked on?

Dak Oolron likes this.
  7. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    Anakin was the most powerful Jedi in the PT.

8. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    In terms of battle skill I think Dooku could beat Windu, and Obi-wan I think could beat Windu also.
    If Yoda and dooku battle longer I don't know who would have won. I would give Obi-wan 3 perhaps.

9. Among the Clouds

Among the Clouds Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2001
    In terms of sheer and unbridled power, I would say either Ki-Adi Mundi or Plo Koon. Anakin had the potential to become the most powerful, though I don't know that he was quite there yet at the time he ended up in the suit.

10. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    My impression is that Mace and Yoda are both about equal in standing, and essentially the co-leaders of the Jedi Order. After that you might have varying levels of seniority, and I'd imagine Ki-Adi-Mundi would be one of the higher ranking members of the Council, given that he's the most outspoken after Mace and Yoda. Either that, or perhaps everyone underneath Mace and Yoda are also co-equals with each other.

Not sure what the official stance is.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  11. hairymuggle

hairymuggle Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 28, 2014
    My brain automatically came up with Obi-Wan, because the three of them were always huddling together (AOTC, and ROTS). I don't think that Obi Wan was the most powerful, but he's definitely someone who was totally reliable and had their complete trust.

12. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    In terms of actual dialogue, Ki-Adi Mundi. He's the only jedi other than Yoda, Mace or Obi-Wan to ever speak during a councl meeting. He also seems to talk in every single meeting, and is a bit Big-Headed (pun intended). His power makes him an insufferable know-it-all.

darklordoftech likes this.
  13. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Either Plo Koon, Ki-Adi Mundi or Shaak Ti. Though it appears Mundi is the third in rank of the jedi council.

CoolyFett likes this.
  14. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In the EU, in TPM - he was the lowest-ranking member - still a Knight - but with a promotion to Master in progress but not quite complete.

15. Chancellor Yoda

Jul 25, 2014
    So, who do you think is the third ranked council member? Forgot about that detail about Mundi being a more recent member. Now I'm leaning more towards Koon, Shaak ti or Obi-Wan even?

16. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    yoda
    obi
    anakin
    mace
    in order of power and defeat.

17. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    A 'detail' no longer valid.

18. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Maybe Shaak Ti? She's the one that oversees Kamino (in both the EU and TCW), she's the one that bodyguards Palpatine in the EU, when Grievous arrives on Coruscant, and she's characterised as "the most cunning Jedi (Obi-Wan's) ever met", in the ROTS novel:

"Anakin, he was defended by Stass Allie and Shaak Ti. If two Masters could not prevent this, do you think you could? Stass Allie is clever and valiant, and Shaak Ti is the most cunning Jedi I've ever met. She's even taught me a few tricks."
    Anakin assumed he was supposed to be impressed. "But General Grievous—"
    "Master Ti had faced him before, Anakin. After Muunilinst. She is not only subtle and experienced, but very capable indeed. Seats on the Jedi Council aren't handed out as party favors."
    "I've noticed." He let it drop. The middle of a space battle was no place to get into this particular sore subject.
    If only he'd been here, instead of Shaak Ti and Stass Allie, Council members or not. If he had been here, Chancellor Palpatine would be home and safe already. Instead, Anakin had been stuck running around the Outer Rim for months like some useless Padawan, and all Palpatine had for protectors were Jedi who were clever and subtle.
    Clever and subtle. He could whip any ten clever and subtle Jedi with his lightsaber tied behind his back.
    But he knew better than to say so.

19. Chancellor Yoda

Jul 25, 2014
    True, though I still can't quit make out who would be third. Ah the heck with it, for me Mundi seems the closest IMO.

20. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Jedi Knight Fett and Dak Oolron like this.
  21. Chancellor Yoda

Jul 25, 2014
    Didn't know that, interesting, always thought Yoda was always the master of the order, going by the EU at least.

22. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    He was the Grand Master of the whole order - but sometimes others "were elected to lead the High Council".

Jedi Knight Fett and Dak Oolron like this.
  23. Chancellor Yoda

Jul 25, 2014
    Oh, sorry I thought you meant the whole order when talking about Mace stepping down.

24. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    It is a rather odd naming convention, to have a Master who is just "elected leader of the High Council" gain the title "Master of the Order" as a result.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  25. enigmaticjedi

enigmaticjedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 2, 2011

Which is weird because in ROTS Anakin says "Put me on the council and not make me a master? It's never been done in the history of the Jedi. It's insulting!"

As for the OP, I thought the chain always went like this: Yoda >= Mace Windu > Anakin >= Obi-Wan > Everyone else.

Since the movies are the primary canon and since no one else was implied to be more powerful than Anakin and Obi-Wan (besides Mace and Yoda), it seems to follow that either Anakin or Obi-Wan would be #3.