main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Aftermath: COMPLETED, January 10th!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by rogue11lovesjag, Mar 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    Well!! Here we are, ladies and gentlemen! I know I meant to have this up last night, sorry about that. This is the sequel to Maelstrom and The Eye of the Storm. Both of these are on the new boards. I have a whole bunch of other stuff that I've written that's on the old board, it's in my bio. I am going to repost my Kyp/Anja vignettes over here.

Anyway, a short synopsis. The main thing is that Jaina has coerced the Chiss into joining forces with the New Republic by secretly leading the Vong to Chiss space. The Chiss Parliament has now voted for the Chiss forces to return home, and Leia and Han are on Csillia with Syal Fel, trying to convince them to decide otherwise. Jag and Jaina have had a baby in all of this, named Cherith.

Kyp Durron has been lately, trying to keep Anja Gallendro from getting killed and ending up falling in love with her at the same time. They just escaped the clutches of Bilya the Hutt who was supplying spice to refugees. Anja, being Anja, did something stupid, and Kyp had to go rescue her. Bilya was smart and had ysalamiri, and to escape, Anja became addicted to spice again. Kyp healed her afterwards. They're on their was back to Kubindi.

And Shalla Nelprin is in the hands of the Peace Brigade. She was the channel for the Vong finding Jaina, leaking the information under the orders of Iella Antilles. Right now, only she, Iella, Wedge, Jag and Jaina know what's happened. She's now in the hands of the only survivor of the Peace Brigade ship she leaked the information to.

That being said, here's the first post of Aftermath. Enjoy!

~Rogue

Aftermath

New Republic Base
    Kubindi

It was the new delight of his day for Jagged Fel to return to his quarters and see his wife and daughter waiting for him. Usually, Cherith was napping and Jaina had the lights turned down low.

It was that case today as he opened the door. Jaina was sitting up in a chair, studying a datapad, probably statistics for Twin Suns. She smiled when she saw him.

?Love, don?t you ever rest?? he asked quietly.

?Of course not,? she said. ?I wouldn?t be a Solo if I did.?

He leaned down and kissed her. ?I thought your name was Jaina Fel now.?

She grinned. ?It still doesn?t mean that I rest.?

Jag took a few steps over to Cherith?s crib and peered down. Her impossibly blue eyes stared back at him. ?Well, someone?s awake,? he said, gently reaching down into the crib to pick her up. ?Did you have a good nap??

Jaina laughed suddenly. ?What?? he asked.

?You?re rocking back and forth,? she said. ?I think it?s something all dad?s do. I?ve seen my uncle do it with Ben.?

Jag shrugged. ?I guess so.?

?She?s getting hungry,? Jaina said, and Jag gave the baby to her. ?It must good to have a Jedi for a mom.?

?Must be,? Jag said, as Jaina settled down in the chair he had stolen from the Kazmera for her. There was a Chiss analyst without a chair up there, but they would have to get over it. His wife needed that chair more than they did.

Sitting down on their bed, he propped his feet up and enjoyed his family?s company.

?I am so glad to be off that ship,? Anja Gallendro said, disembarking from Fenig Nabon?s ship. ?If that Ghitsa repainted her nails one more time, I think I would have killed her.?

Kyp Durron laughed. ?I think Fen would have done the job for you.?

?How does she put up with that woman?? Anja asked.

?I don?t know, but she?s put up with her as long as I?ve known her,? Kyp said.

She sighed. ?How did I get myself here? Stranded, no ship??

?Far be it from me to tell you I told you so,? he joked. She smacked his arm playfully.

?You better not,? she threatened.

He swung her around by her arm. ?Or what??

She gave him a mock glare. ?I?ll have to hurt you.?

?I don?t think you can,? he smirked.

?I can make you shut up,? she

2. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Yeah! I loved it!

Keep writing!

3. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    wow. great postie rogue. nice start, and i like jag's sisters. they seem cool.

-jj00

4. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Hehe, Jaina and Jag are so cute! :) And yay for Kyp and Anja! :D The little part about Ghitsa the ditza painting her nails was funny too! ;) Eagerly waiting for more!

Jae Angel

5. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    aw, an excellent start! i cannot wait for the next post! :D

6. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    good start

I'll try not to fall behind on this story as I did to Eye of the storm (the story before this).

7. Saber-of-Light

Saber-of-Light Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Great post, Rogue :) Nice thread :p

8. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    Wonderful start Rogue! I had to read this before writing my own post. :p

~Inyri

9. Jedi_jainafel

Jedi_jainafel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!Yay!!!!!You got the Sequel to Maelstrom and Eye of The Storm!!!!!!

You did a very nice job if i say so (as usual!!)

nina

10. rogue11lovesjag

Jun 13, 2002
    Wow!! What a response!!

TKL, The first response! Thanks a lot!

JJ00, I'm glad you liked Jag's sisters. I had a contest last story in Maelstrom to name them.

NJ, I love Ghitsa. She's the "valley girl" of Star Wars, only a little bit more wily.

jags_gurl Thanks! And I love your new icon!

Jedi_Liz, Thanks a lot! I loved the new post on your story too!

SOL ;P

Inyri, What? You're reading before you're writing your post. *pushes Inryi out of thread* No, go write your own post! That's more important! :D

JJF, Thank you much!

Since I'm battling with Darth Kmart this week, I'll try to have the first post Of Rogues and Remanants up. And if anybody sees starkrusher, TJF, JJQ or hawkbat, will you please tell them that this is up now? Thanks!

~Rogue

11. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    Starkrusher is hardly ever on anymore. :_| and I haven't seen hawkbat since sometime last week. If I see any of them, I'll pass ur news along, Rogue.

Oh, and I'm awaiting that Rogue story rather eagerly. When is it set?

~Inyri

12. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    There's a lot of that spring break going around lately. ;) I'm sure everyone will be back soon! :)

Jae Angel

13. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    that was great, rogue!

14. starkrusher

starkrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2002
    Hi Rogue! Sorry its taken me so long to get here. I've been really really busy with school lately. Anyway, great start. The part with Jaina and Jag and the baby was soooo cute. At first I was slightly disturbed that Jaina and Jag would have a blue-eyed baby. I was thinking, "uh-oh, has Jaina been a might bit busier than we expected." However, you will be greatified to know that after further research, it IS possible for a brown-eyed mother and green-eyed father to have a blue-eyed child. Jaina would have to have a brown-brown and a blue-blue and Jag would have to have a blue-blue and a blue-green. At least, I think that's what it was but its been a while since I've done a punnette (sp?) square and dont feel like brushing up on my bio talents right now. We will sufice to say that your Cherith's eye color, although extremely rare, is not impossible. Jaina was not sleeping around. *lets out sigh of relief for Jaggiepoos sake* Anyway, great start! Can't wait for more!

~Mandie

15. Saber-of-Light

Saber-of-Light Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    LOL at mandie's comment! :p genetics is cool. :p And it's called a Punnett square, apprentice. :p

16. starkrusher

Sep 4, 2002
    Whey can't you edit your messages anymore? This sucks! Um...oh yeah, I just realized that Jaina would have to have a brown-blue and a blue-blue. Thanks for the spell check Master ;)

17. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    ooh...nice thread ;) great start rogue! j/j stuff was cute, k/a stuff was :cool: and jag's sisters sound cool (arrgh...i'm sounding like a broken record :p )

*waves at starkrusher* haven't seen you around for a while...

~TJF

18. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    I've seen blue eyed children happen with my aunt, even though she has hazel eyes like me. Her husband has blue eyes, and her mother had blue eyes. Therefore, two of her kids happened to get the recessive gene and have blue eyes.

I hope when my boyfriend and I have kids that they'll have blue eyes. EVERYBODY in his family has blue eyes, and I'm sick of my ugly, muddy olive green eyes. I wouldn't wish that on a kid! :p

But anyway, yeah it's possible for Cherith to have blue eyes. ;)

Jae Angel

19. rogue11lovesjag

Jun 13, 2002
    *grins*

Mandie, most Caucasian babies are born with blue eyes. They don't turn colol until they get a good deal older. :p

~Rogue

20. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    LOL, I was born with almost transparent grey eyes. If that's what you mean by blue. But great research! I never thought of that fact. Perhaps babies with lighter colored eyes would have blue eyes upon birth. I don't know as I haven't had anybody tell me I ever had blue eyes. :p

Jae Angel

21. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    love it again rogue. cant wait for more!

22. rogue11lovesjag

Jun 13, 2002
    I have sort of bluey grayey eyes. They sort of change from day to day. Don't know why.

~Rogue

23. Jade_Fel_Horn

Jade_Fel_Horn Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    Great start on the new story!

As for the eye discussion, I have sort of blue-green eyes and they change depending on what I am wearing or the mood I in.

24. starkrusher

Sep 4, 2002
    OH! Its all so clear to me now! I guess I was thinking that the kid was little older which would be why I was assuming that her eye color was blue for real. Which, the more I think about it wold be really difficult. I mean, what are the chances that Jaina, a brown-eyed person with two brown-eyed parents, get Three recessive blue genes?! The chances are definitely slim, although, not impossible. Afterall, her grandfather did have blue eyes, and Padme's parents most likely gave her some recessive blues (that would make sense because of Luke, right?). I'm really not sure about any of this but I think I need to take bio. I mean, for heaven's sake! I'm talking about genes on your fic1 So sorry. No more gene talk!

25. rogue11lovesjag

Jun 13, 2002

*laughs*

The cat is boxing with my mom and trying to catch her pen as she writes. Bad thing.

Well, we've talked about genes on this thread, calculus on Inyri's...Darth Real Life somehow manages to intrude up on the forums! AHHHH!!!

Yeah, I'm feeling goofy today.

Anyway, as soon as I find the next post and write the rest of it, I'll have it up!

~Rogue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.