main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Aftermath: COMPLETED, January 10th!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by rogue11lovesjag, Mar 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    JG15, Thank you!

JM, *shrugs* I'm evil, but am I really that evil? *grins*

~Rogue

2. rogue11lovesjag

Jun 13, 2002
    Whee!! Another post! I can be quite prolific when Darth Real Life isn't bearing down upon me. Enjoy!

~Rogue

?Twin Suns, follow me,? Jaina?s voice said over the comm, and Asisha didn?t even bother to acknowledge the order, swinging her X-wing around into a formation that she knew wouldn?t last long. ?We?re getting in between the Falcon and the Vong. Get ready to take on some skips.?

The disk shaped freighter with her niece on board soared into the middle of the X-wing and clawcraft formation, and Asisha held her position waiting for the skips to get in range.

?Twin Suns, engage at will, but remember our first priority is to protect the Falcon,? Jaina said. Briefly, Asisha wondered if anyone else in the squadron resented the fact that they were protecting Jaina?s family. She knew they didn?t. The squadron was too loyal.

?Break off by shield trios,? Jaina said, and then Asisha couldn?t listen anymore as the skips decided to follow the Falcon through the starfighters.

She had no intention of letting them. Sharr?s X-wing turned to port, and her clawcraft followed, as did Kaira?s. The sisters instinctively knew what the other was going to do?the only problem was keeping up with Sharr, who was jinking and juking back and forth, but with not nearly the agility that the clawcrafts were blessed with.

Asisha rolled to starboard, allowing a skip to fly through where her starfighter had just been, firing off splinter shots to overwhelm the dovin basals, as Kaira fired full blown blasts, and the skip exploded.

Sharr dropped his X-wing underneath the clawcrafts, turning a circle around their horizontal axis, firing lasers, stitching a hole in the side of a skip that then veered out of control into it?s wingmate. ?That?s three down and about a million to go.?

?At least the three are gone,? Kaira said.

?How far is the Falcon from the Rebel Dream?? Sharr asked.

?If we can keep these skips off them, two minutes,? Kaira answered.

Asisha glanced upwards from her threat board, which was nearly overrun with enemy signals, and felt her heart jump to her throat.

Masses upon masses of coralskippers were racing from the Vong frigates, and more were launching. They were going to be outnumbered at least five to one. Cursing to herself for being such a fair-haired fool to get herself out here, she forced herself to calm down. All she had to do was make sure that the Falcon got back to the Rebel Dream. Then she could fight like she needed to, with reckless abandon until every last one of the Vong here was destroyed.

The Falcon shook as plasma fire hit again on the port bow, and Threepio?s squeals of terror were really starting to get on Han?s nerves. Leia was in the back with Cherith, comforting the child, but he wished she was up here in reach to shut Threepio off.

?Our shields are down on the port side, Captain Solo!? Threepio chattered. ?If Colonel Fel doesn?t get that skip?oh my!?

Jag?s clawcraft dropped back into position and Han glanced through the viewport at the starfighter. ?Quit fussing, Threepio. He?s a better pilot than everyone but me.?

?Oh, that?s quite comforting,? Threepio said.

?Why don?t you calculate the odds of us getting out of this or something?? Han said, trying to coax every last bit of speed out of his beloved ship, wishing more than ever that Chewie was around to help out.

?I already have,? Threepio said primly. ?The odds of first surviving until we get to the Rebel Dream, and then the battle are nearly 946, 571 to 1.?

Han rolled his eyes. ?Great.?

?How long until the reinforcements get here?? Wedge asked his comm officer.

?It?ll be an hour before the Peregrine gets here, the Wookiee forces will be here in ten minutes, and the Kazmera will be here in thirty minutes.?

?Good,? Wedge said, scanning the threat board.

?We?re getting a distress signal from Kessel,? the officer said. He listened to the message with intense concentr

3. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    u updated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeah yeah yeah

that was so so sos os so sos ososososososossososososososos great

4. rogue11lovesjag

Jun 13, 2002
    Why, thank you!

~Rogue

5. rogue11lovesjag

Jun 13, 2002
    Well, an up for the heck of it.

~Rogue

6. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Yeah, it definitely sounds like you're going to be evil and kill someone off. ;) My guess is Asisha, defending the Falcon, which would make the ending a bittersweet one to say the least. Although maybe I'm reading too much into it. :p Great posts, rogue! I hope to see more from you. :)

Jae Angel

7. -Trickster-

-Trickster- Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 12, 2003
    Oooo!! I didn't realize until JUST NOW that there were updates!!! *cheers* So, is there going to be another one soon?

8. rogue11lovesjag

Jun 13, 2002
    NJ, Me? Evil? Kill someone off? I can't remember the last time I killed someone off.

Oh, wait, yes I can, I killed Shawnkyr, didn't I?

Okay. I promise I will not kill someone unless it is absolutely necessary to story development, and as we're almost to the end, and I am determined that this WILL end happily, it is unlikely that someone dying will happen.

Seriously injured on the other hand...[evil_grin]

-Trickster-, I have to update my Rogue Squadron story, and the fanfic challenge, but then, this one will be an update, and I will tell you that I am having to restrain myself from writing on this one...which is irritating, because I really don't want to update the other ones. :D

~Rogue

9. -Trickster-

Oct 12, 2003
    Lol, that's okay. *pitches tent to remain on thread*

10. rogue11lovesjag

Jun 13, 2002
    And here we find the extent of my evilness. :) Enjoy!

~Rogue

Asisha Fel jerked her clawcraft to port, out of the way of her sister?s flight line as Kaira ducked underneath to fire at the top, blowing the coralskipper apart with a proton torpedo. The blast rocked her starfighter, and she held onto the stick a little tighter, stabilizing her flight.

She could hear Sharr curse softly through her comm system. ?I?ve taken a hit to my left engine.?

She glanced out her window, and her heart nearly stopped as fire leaped out of the engine, then was just as quickly extinguished by the vacuum of space. ?I?m losing power,? he said, the barest trace of controlled panic edging his voice.

Sharr?s astromech droid sent her the true information?every power system in Sharr?s fighter was failing in rapid succession.

?Sharr, eject!? she cried, just as his cockpit shattered with the force of the ejection seat thrusters.

?Rebel Dream, we have an EV pilot. I?m sending his bearing to you. He?s heading off in the direction of that Yuuzhan Vong frigate.?

?Twin Suns Eight, we read you. We?ll get someone out there as soon as the bad fighting shifts to a different area.?

Anger rose up from the very tips of her toes to the top of her head. ?Either you get here now, you?re going to lose him.?

?We can?t send a medship in with that much action, Lieutenant!?

Cursing, she shut the comm channel down, and set off towards the drifting ejection seat. X-wing pilot suits were only designed for a few minutes out in space. Maybe ten, twelve minutes, and then the ejection seats systems would fail, if they weren?t already from the damage Sharr?s X-wing had sustained.

A coralskipper was circling the ejection seat, and Asisha coldly opened fire upon it. ?You?re not having him.?

Her threat board pinged, and she glanced to find the Kazmera had just jumped into system.

?All fighters, regroup around the Kazmera,? her uncle?s voice ordered.

She gritted her teeth. She had no intention of going anywhere. She fired again at a coralskipper getting uncomfortably close to Sharr.

?Twin Suns Eight, return to the Kazmera,? her uncle said again.

She shut off her comm, ignoring the commands coming from the Rebel Dream.

Kaira heard her uncle command her sister to return, heard no response, not even an acknowledgement. Checking her threat board, the blip marked as Twin Suns Eight was blowing coralskippers away, too far from the Kazmera, and with a sudden pain to her heart, Kaira realized what Asisha was doing. When the Rebel Dream refused to come get Sharr, Asisha refused to leave him.

?Jag,? she said, flipping her comm unit to her brother?s command frequency. ?Jag.?

?I?m a little busy right now, Kaira.?

?Jag, either you get over here or you make the Rebel Dream send an evac shuttle, because if you don?t do one or the other, Asisha?s going to get herself killed!?

She didn?t hear from him for a moment. ?Kazmera, requesting an evac shuttle at the sight of Twin Suns Eight. Seems our Rebel friends can?t go get their pilot. Do you mind??

?Roger, Spike Lead. We?re dispatching a shuttle immediately.?

Her clawcraft shuddered with the plasma fire, and she fired back relentlessly, refusing to give Sharr up to them. She kept firing at the insistent coralskipper, then rotated along her vertical axis to fire off a warning shot at his friend.

She barely saw the shuttle through her viewport, when she fired again, relief overtaking nearly every part of her body, too late to destroy the coralskipper that rammed her tiny fighter.

?My stars,? Wedge said, leaning over the sensor console. ?Is this what I think it is??

His sensor officer nodded her head, a smile spreading over her face. ?It?s Shimrra?s ship.?

?He?s got to be the one directing the battle, then,? Wedge said. Maybe that?s why we?re losing at the moment. ?Send a message to the Kazmera. We?re going to concentrate all our fire on h

11. JAGSGURL15

Jul 21, 2003
    Great JOB

12. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Oooh, I missed an update.

Both post were great. [face_devil] cliffies though. ;) :p

13. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Wow, great post! :eek: Looks like everyone is screwed, but at least Asisha is finally showing some feelings for her man. [face_mischief] I wonder what he's going to say when he finds out about her, if he's not already aware of what she did. :p

And sorry I haven't replied sooner. [face_blush] Work = teh evil, but I have the next three days off! :D

Jae Angel

14. rogue11lovesjag

Jun 13, 2002
    JG15, Thank you!

JM, But cliffies are so much fun to write!!

NJ, Looks like everyone is screwed, *cracks up* Yeah, pretty much. Don't worry...I'll be nice.

Maybe.

~Rogue

15. -Trickster-

Oct 12, 2003
    Omg...that was an awesome update! Please say we're not going to be left wondering abotu the mortality rate of the heros!

16. rogue11lovesjag

Jun 13, 2002
    Trickster, only for a few posts...I'm almost done with the battle..(thank heaven)..and I promise to let everyone know the fate of our heroes. ;)

Hint: Sharr isn't even scraped. Be worried for Asisha.

~Rogue

17. rogue11lovesjag

Jun 13, 2002
    Ladies and gentlemen, I have an announcement.

After this post here, there is only *1* post left.

Yes, you heard me correctly. I've finished the story, and the rest of it will get posted on Saturday when I get back from New Orleans.

As for this post, enjoy!

~Rogue

Anja found herself on her knees, a rough hand yanking her hair, keeping her head up, unable to see where her blaster had fallen when she had reluctantly surrendered, only to have her captured officers killed anyway.

She felt like vomiting. She?d seen people die before, but this was different. She would have emptied the contents of her stomach, had the sudden fear not risen up into her throat instead, a bitter taste she?d not felt since she was outrunning enemies back home.

The raspy sound of leathery skin grew louder, and Anja wished the blast door was just a little smaller and the Hutt would get stuck.

The ugly face of the Hutt appeared, and Anja straightened her back as much as the hand in her hair would allow. ?Well, look what the gurrcat dragged in.?

The Hutt laughed, a sound that put fear into most reasonable people?s hearts. ?I would not make jokes, Gallendro. Your wit will not save you, only prolong your suffering.?

?Will it really change anything all that mush?? she shot back.

The Hutt chuckled. ?Not really. I had and still have every intention of watching you die. But do you know how you?re going to die??

?Why don?t you enlighten me?? she said, her sarcastic tone more venomous than usual.

?Spice withdrawal. You?ve experienced it before. Each time you have spice, withdrawal occurs faster. What time did you have breakfast??

A piece fell into place, her cook?s special seasoning. ?A few hours ago.?

?Ah. Unlike the spice you used to escape me before, the spice that has been added to each of your meals has been pure. You should begin to experience withdrawal in a few hours.? Bilya laughed again. ?And then, the withdrawal symptoms will kill you, and I will watch.?

There had been few things more frightening in the Rebellion than a Star Destroyer, armed to the teeth, bearing down upon their enemy. Now, Wedge Antilles watched the Yuuzhan Vong coralskippers desperately fight against the path of destruction that the Kazmera was wreaking through their lines.

?What in the Corellian hells is he doing?? he muttered to himself.

?He fights as a man seeking revenge,? a gravelly voice said behind him, and Wedge turned, surprised to see Nilgit Lah standing behind him, a bewildered security officer behind the Vong warrior. ?He means to destroy the Supreme Overlord himself.?

?He?s going to get himself killed,? Wedge said, flipping to a different view. ?There?s a heavy cruiser between him and Shimrra.?

?Perhaps I can provide some assistance in that matter,? the warrior said.

Wedge only took a moment to consider. ?Do it.?

?Destroy that infidel ship,? Anil Anor ordered, watching the blaze bugs move across the tactical display.

?Sir, he is not faltering,? the weapons officer proclaimed. ?Our dovin basals are taking heavy damage.?

?Then shoot him down!?

?Our plasma cannons are not working! They?ve been??

?What? Answer me??

?They?ve been sabotaged!?

Fury was evident across Anil Anor?s face. ?Who could sabotage?who would?Find them and kill them! Now!?

The weapons officer stood, and fell, his body draping across his console, a throwing amphistaff buried in his back, a Shamed One grinning behind him.

?Too long have we been denied our place. Glory to our redeemers, the Jeedai!?

?Sir, the cruiser is moving away. She?s-she?s going to ram the other cruiser!?

Admiral Nuruodo looked up from his screens. ?We will not question our good fortune. Continue towards the Overlord?s ship. Signal the fleet. Ahead full.?

His red eyes glittered. ?The shards of your ship shall be my daughter?s legacy, Shimrra. You shall never take another father?s daughter from him again.?

?General! The admiral is calling for t

18. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    Up!

Well, Wedge has heard a lot, hasn't he?

19. JAGSGURL15

Jul 21, 2003
    Great JOB!!!!

20. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Wow! :eek: So Kyp saved Anja! Yay!!! :D And Asisha and Sharr aren't stuck in space anymore! Double Yay!! :D

Whatever happened to the whole dread Jaina was feeling about something bad happening to Cherith if Kyp wasn't there to help her? Did that turn out ok too? [face_hopeful]

I can't believe this is almost done! :) Then you'll probably finish up Rogues and Remnants soon too! Then what will you do? Viggies? :D

Jae Angel

21. -Trickster-

Oct 12, 2003
    EVIL HUTT! *growls*

*shudders* What a horrible way to die...spice withdrawl...*shudders again*

At least Kyp saved her. ^_^

YAY FOR WEDGE!!

*tears for the injured Fel-child*

Edit WAIT! Today's Saturday! Didn't you say you were back today?

22. rogue11lovesjag

Jun 13, 2002
    Pelranius, he has now!

JG15, Thanks!!

NJ, Everything with Cherith is okay. :) As for Rogues and Remnants...I'm having a hard time finishing it, and, unfortunately, school will have started by the time I finish it, so I've failed that resolution, but this one is finished, and the next post will be later tonight.

As for what I have planned next, I'm thinking about a Karrde story. :)

-Trickster-, Today is Saturday, I got in about 12:30 this morning, and am mostly back. :D Anyway, the post will be up later this evening.

~Rogue

23. rogue11lovesjag

Jun 13, 2002
    This is it, ladies and gentlemen, the last post of Aftermath, and the last post of a trilogy that has been a year and a half in the making. I cannot thank everyone who has read, commented and lurked enough for sticking with me through this. Some of you have been here since the beginning. Some of you have jumped in here in the middle. All of you, thank you.

But I would be remiss if I did not take the time to personally thank two of my very best friends and most loyal readers:

Inyri, you have been one of the most wonderful friends I could ask for. Your stories are constantly a source of inspiration for me, and your cheerful messages and chats always bring a smile to my face. Thank you so much for sticking with me through thick and through thin and all the sizes between.

NJ, you came in here about half way through, and have kept me in stitches ever since. I have laughed so hard, I cried at some of your comments. More than once, you have thwacked Darth Writer?s Block for me, and you do not know how much I appreciate it. Your messages and chats keep me laughing all the time, and I am so glad that we have become friends.

For the last time, everyone, here is your post. Enjoy.

~Rogue

?You are, quite possibly, the most reckless human being I?ve ever met.?

Anja Gallendro snorted. ?You should talk, flyboy, walking straight into Kessel that way, not to mention killing a very powerful Hutt. I was just sitting there, Durron, not running in, lightsaber blazing, ready to take on the galaxy.?

?First of all, I?ll take you back there if you like. And secondly, my lightsaber was not on, when I walked into that office,? Kyp persisted, a look of mock offense on his face.

Sitting up in her bed, in the medical wing, Anja glared down at him in his position, sprawled out in the chair beside her. ?Get you feet off my bed.?

?Your feet are on the bed, and it?s not like you?re going to be here much longer. Once Cilghal checks you out, you can leave.?

?And not a moment too soon. My nurse has a terrible bedside manner and I will be only too glad to get away from him.?

?Not happening,? he said, levering himself upright. ?This nurse makes housecalls.? He winked roguishly at her and she rolled her eyes, and they fell into one of many uncomfortable silences since they?d returned.

?Anja,? he said, his voice quiet. ?I chose you.?

She barely knew what to say, and blurted out instead, ?What does Jaina say about it??

?Nothing really,? he said. ?I think she?s still a little pissed with me about it. Doesn?t really matter. What matters is what you have to say about it.?

His green eyes met her gaze, and wordlessly, she reached out to him. He sat on the edge of the bed, pulling her into his arms.

?I say I want this,? she said. ?Now and forever.?

?I?m glad to see you?re feeling better,? Wedge said, looking down at a bashful looking niece, one who looked like she was expecting a dressing down for her behavior. ?Four days in bacta is a long time.?

Asisha nodded, staring down at her hands, folded in her lap. ?I was pretty stupid, wasn?t I, Uncle??

Wedge perched himself on the foot of the bed. ?Well, smart isn?t exactly the word I would use to describe what you did, but under the circumstances, I think we?ll let it go?under one condition. You promise me never to do anything like that again.?

She smiled and nodded. ?I promise.?

?Your father would have been here, but Cilghal finally kicked him out to make him go get some food and sleep. But there?s someone else here who I think would very much like to see you.? He inclined his head towards the door.

A blond head looked around the side. ?May I come in??

The smile vanished from Asisha?s face and she nervously adjusted the cream-colored headband holding her long hair back. Wedge reached forward to pat her hand. ?I?ll let you two have some time alone.?

He nodded to Sharr as the young pilot stepped into the room. ?Hi.?

Asisha suddenly became very interested in the tips of her hair. ?Hi.

24. -Trickster-

Oct 12, 2003
    OMG! That was such an the story! *tears* It's actually over! I can't believe it! And it was so awesome!

25. JAGSGURL15

Jul 21, 2003
    *BUrsts in to tears* This was so awesome.... I cant believe its over!!! NOOOOO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.