Lit Aftermath: Empire's End (book 3) by Chuck Wendig

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi Ben, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Charlemagne19 Chosen One

star 8
    It's all the Tatooine air.
    Vialco likes this.
  2. EzraSnoke Jedi Padawan

star 2
    Despite all the negatives of Chuck Wendig's Aftermath, Mister Bones is a most inspired character creation. Easily my favorite star wars character.
    PCCViking likes this.
  3. JABoomer Jedi Master

star 2
    Finished Empire's End a few weeks ago. I wanted to make mention of how fitting it was for the Emperor to create a kill switch on the Empire so that if for whatever reason he was deposed, no one could rise up and rule in his place. Very fitting given how he ruled the Empire, always pitting his top people against each other. I also really enjoyed the Emperor's celestial stations and his push to explore the unknown regions. I thought this was handled well, as they didn't give much away or go into detail, but it is very fitting for the character.

The battle of Jakku provides a realistic explanation for how the Empire could collapse so quickly after Endor. I sure there were some warlord factions and I hope these get elaborated on, but having the majority of imperial forces essentially self destruct makes the New Republic's early success more believable.
    EzraSnoke, Vialco, Stymi and 3 others like this.
  4. Shadowrain10 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I would be very surprised if it wasn't elaborated on in the future.
  5. BigAl6ft6 Force Ghost

star 6
    I would say the Emperor's focus on the Unknown Regions may well end up being Snoke-related. Or Snoke adjacent.
    Dawud786 likes this.