Aftermath: How the interview went....

Discussion in 'Arkansas' started by Jaira, Jun 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaira Jedi Master

star 4
    I am letting locokarma handle all of the Twisters stuff since I'll admit to pretty much being in the dark about it most of the time. However, other upcoming events that I wanted to let you know about: Boo at the Zoo and the Susan Komen Race for the Cure. I am working on Boo at the Zoo as I type this, and the race is a go if we can get at least 10 team members. Each member will have to pay $20 to enter. Both of these events are in October, the race is on the 9th, Boo is towards the end of the month.
  2. ChaseKeJac Jedi Knight

star 1
    Outstanding! I'm in for Boo at the Zoo since I've been up there the last 2 years anyways with my son. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help.
  3. Jaira Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay, I have been travelling pretty much non stop for the last two months. However, I am back on the job!![face_skull]

Anyhow, I have a meeting with the reporter tomorrow morning at 9am. If any of you want to participate, let me know.

If you have anything that you want me to mention to him, let me know.

I know it is last minute, but I just found out myself.

Also, Tracy, me, and I think Jacob, are going to be on the radio again, so the same goes for that. If you have anything you want us to make sure we mention, let one of us know!!!
  4. Kynstar Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Good luck with the reporter tomorrow! I'd join you if I wasn't playing 'commander's secretary' most of this week. [face_frustrated] But that's part of the job I guess...

Do tell how it goes!!
  5. ChaseKeJac Jedi Knight

star 1
    If I can helpwith the reporter stuff or anything on the radio. I have a degree in Mass Media and have worked on and off in radio for 8 years. I'd be glad to help.

Let me know if I can help with Boo at the Zoo.
  6. RedHanded_Jill Jedi Master

star 4
    what radio station are you going on? i used to go on pat lynch's show a lot as a guest but since he went the internet route i havent been in front of a mike in a while.
  7. Lavenderrose73 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey, 9am tomorrow morning? I could be there. If you get this and want me there, please let me know. I may (or may not) watch a movie at my neighbor's tonight, but I keep my computer on when I'm home and awake and I get notified by Incredimail within a minute of email deliveries. As for Boo at the Zoo, if there isn't a definite date, can we make it on a Fri., Sat., or Sun.? Otherwise, I won't be able to go because of class. I just took my Humanities final this morning, so now I only have Ecology at 4-7pm Tu. and Th. until August 10 (actually, the 8th, since I'm taking my final one class day early due to acting class at Excel Model and Talent). ;)

Lavenderrose73 @};-
  8. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Jaira:

Doesn't the team have to be Women? I mean the guys can do the "Mile of Men" but, they can't walk in the event.

They might make an exception for the group or perhaps need crowd control or something like that?

I'll see what I can find out?

Bacon
  9. Lavenderrose73 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Oh, is this a walk too? We don't have to run? If that's the case, and if it's in the morning (won't have class till 6pm), ...oh, and if it's at the riverfront off of Broadway or somewhere close like that, count me in!

@};-

...Oh shoot, did I post this in the wrong place? I just started replying without thinking about which thread I was on.
  10. Jaira Jedi Master

star 4
    ChaseKeJac - Thanks for the support!!! I'll let you know if we need any help. And I'm still working on the Boo at the Zoo stuff.

RedHanded_Jill - I'm thinking the radio station is 94.4. That will be tomorrow at 1, so everyone get your radios ready!!

Lavender - Boo at the Zoo is only on the weekends, so that shouldn't be a problem. :) Thank you for offering to come along this morning, I didn't see that until just now. Sorry. [face_blush]

Everyone: Don't forget to buy the Sunday Arkansas Democrat Gazette this weekend! The interview went well, we were there for about an hour, I guess. The reporter (Kyle Brazzel) was a nice guy and asked some good questions. Hyperspace Police was able to meet us there and keep my pregnant brain straight, thank goodness. (And, yes boss, we mentioned the other groups, the disclaimer, and the websites!!) Hopefully, it'll all come out good in the paper. Thank all of you for your help and support.
  11. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    And we told him we'd hunt him down if he made us look like a bunch of goobers.

Juz kidding...Well, I did tell him that...and I hope that he knows I was kidding...

Anyway, he seemed ok to me. But, we'll have to see how it turns out when he puts it in the paper.

(Told you that you'd beat me to posting it.)

Lets hope that this is the beginning of a beautiful media relationship.

12. Lavenderrose73 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey, I hope it all goes well.

@};-
  13. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Do we know what section in which the interview will appear[face_thinking]

Just curious.:confused:

Guess we should have asked him?

Anybody need a paper on Sunday? I'll be making a run to get one and if you can't make it out...I could grab you one.

Bacon
  14. Jaira Jedi Master

star 4
    I think it'll be in the 'Lifestyle' section. I'll check...
  15. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Gah woman.

You're messing with my evil plan to have my name as the last "poster" on every thread at once...

Hee Hee Hee

Just kidding.

I wish these stupid forums had spell check. It would make the backspace button on my computer (or this computer) have a much more relaxing lifestyle.

Hee Hee Hee

[face_pig]
  16. Jaira Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry. I'm always on the computer these days. Anyhow, this is from the e-mail Kyle sent me: "either for a Style section feature or for a column I write in the Sunday High Profile section"

I'm guessing since it is in the Sunday paper, it will be the Sunday High Profile one.
  17. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Not what they usually have in the high profile....That would be cool to be in there with all that stuff.

I just figured with an idea I wouldn't have to go through the whole freakin paper to find the thing.

You evil computer using woman.

I'm just nervous and sitting at and internet cafe using a strange computer...it feels like I'm cheating on the other one.

Talk to you later
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.