main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Aftermath I: Shattered Pasts (Post-NJO, all characters) - UPDATED 11/10/03

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by lightsaber_wielder, Mar 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lightsaber_wielder

lightsaber_wielder Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2002
    Okay, I'm now happy to announce that this story has been re-started! :) It still has the same title, though most of the plot will be fairly different from what I intended with the original version. I feel that this version will be better, and more in touch with the later NJO books. So, without any further ado, I give you:

Aftermath I: Shattered Pasts

DRAMATIS PERSONAE (Still being updated)

Lumiya; Dark Lady of the Sith (female human)
    Luke Skywalker; Jedi Master (male human)
    Mara Jade Skywalker; Jedi Master (female human)
    Han Solo; captain, Millenium Falcon (male human)
    Leia Organa Solo; Jedi Knight, New Republic diplomat (female human)
    Jacen Solo; Jedi Knight (male human)
    Jaina Solo; Jedi Knight (female human)
    Raynar Thul; former Jedi (male human)

PROLOGUE

Jacen Solo leant against the wooden railing that bordered the platform he was standing on. Far below, in the darkness between the enormous wroshyr trees of Kashyyyk, a deep roar came from a hunting predator, breaking the silence in the night air. Above, the star-spangled night sky watched over the calm planet below, providing a beautiful setting for the evening.

Jacen was pondering, musing over the events of the last few weeks. Inside, he felt great relief that the war with the Yuuzhan Vong was over, and that an entire military victory was not needed to defeat the alien invaders. He?d been searching for a philosophical answer to everything in the past four years, and his recent fight with Onimi had granted him such a deep connection with the Force that he was disappointed it would most likely never happen again.

The pain that the war had caused everybody, though, could never be undone. First, Chewbacca had been killed on Sernpidal. Later in the war, following billions of deaths, Jacen had lost his younger brother Anakin to the Yuuzhan Vong, and had then been captured and tortured himself ? an experience that, although benefiting him in the end, he would not enjoy a repeat of.

Finally, it was all over. The galaxy, for the most part, could rest in peace, and the survivors would have to work together to rebuild the damage done.

Jacen turned as he felt somebody with a strong Force connection approach. He knew her, had known her for years?

?Tenel Ka,? he said without turning around. ?Or should I say Queen Mother Tenel Ka??

The Hapan Queen laughed and came up beside him, resting her right arm on the rail beside Jacen?s clasped hands. ?Don?t worry about formalities her, Jacen. The war?s over and, for the moment, anything other than peace doesn?t matter. And besides,? she continued, glancing at him, ?friends don?t need to be formal with each other.?

Jacen smiled and continued to look forward. ?So, I guess you couldn?t sleep either??

?I could if I wanted to ? but I felt you out here by yourself, and I needed to talk to you. The last few years have been really very hectic, which means we haven?t had much time for long conversations or the like. I missed you Jacen ? you were my best friend, and losing you was just as bad as losing my mother.?

Jacen frowned, confused. ?You didn?t lose me.?

Tenel Ka shook her head. ?No, I didn?t lose you to death. You were captured, though, and the worry I felt while knowing we couldn?t rescue you until we came up with a plan ? it was horrible. Then, when we reached Hapes, I felt you die. I felt the blaze of agony that preceded the vacuum you left behind after you died.?

She turned towards him, her eyes sparkling with tears. ?Then you came back ? you weren?t dead after all, and all my hopes were inflamed again. But you weren?t Jacen anymore. At least, not the Jacen I knew. You changed.?

Jacen smiled grimly and took her hand. ?War tends to do that to people. You?ve changed too ? you?re much older now, you?ve experienced much more, and you?ve grown in your understanding of the Force. I felt that at the knighting ceremony.?

?True, but I don?t carry the scars of war that you do. The worst that happened to me was the death of my mot

2. lightsaber_wielder

Jan 24, 2002
  3. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Luyima sounds very dangerous. Luke never seems to get a break.

4. lightsaber_wielder

Jan 24, 2002
    True, but, from where I'm thinking of going, Luke's not going to be deeply affected by her reappearance anyway...

5. Daughterofflame

Daughterofflame Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2003
    HHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMM...............

Where did my reply go??????!!!!!!!!

Oh well. I'm replying now.

:D :D :D :D :D

More soon??????????!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.