main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books Aftermath: Life Debt (Book 2 of 3) by Chuck Wendig on July 12, 2016

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TheyMightBeGeeks, Oct 10, 2015.

1. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Really? Hmm...Its possible Snoke is the thing at Jakku that the Emperor wants.

Remember in Empire End one of the big story plots of the Emperor getting his revenge on worlds after his death.

It's Possible Snoke is the ultimate revenge a creature that will destroy the Galaxy he tried to rule.

Or Rax is Snoke one of those two.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  2. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    My biggest thought is Rax hasn't shown any Force powers off yet. I suspect he's Force Sensitive or the Emperor would have pushed him out of his shuttle's air lock then and there but I don't think he's a Dark Side ancient wizard like Snoke seems to come off as.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  3. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

That's possible.

My biggest thing to why Rax is Snoke theory (Despite the Book trying to hint or point you in the direction or misdirection :p) But according to some behind the scenes stuff it was said at least in their heads Snoke was once handsome before he went full on Dark Side.

Plus it's also possible Rax could find himself getting a full on Force Boast in Dark Side powers through other means, but who knows.

Or Rax is the body and Snoke is a spirit that takes the body.

vncredleader likes this.
  4. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    This has been my favorite theory, mainly because I really like the idea of Snoke having been sealed away on Jakku.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  5. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I remember when I first saw Snoke, my biggest regret was the discovery he was a hologram and not actually a twenty-foot-tall giant alien.

6. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

I mean, he could be a twenty-foot-tall giant alien...

7. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Or maybe the hologram made him look smaller and he is really a 40 foot long monster.

Rax, Vthuil and Revanfan1 like this.
  8. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013

The final battle of Episode IX will actually be a World of Warcraft-style combat between Luke, Rey, Kylo, and Finn vs. Snoke. :p

Or, if he actually is 20 feet tall, it would be more the equivalent of Gandalf vs. the Balrog. Which would be pretty insane.

vncredleader and Vthuil like this.
  9. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015
    You know, Palpatine is the kind of guy who hates rivals and wants to eliminate anyone more powerful then him. Digging up and reawakening some ancient Sith Lord sealed away on Jakku is not in-character for him. Digging up some ancient Sith Superweapon on Jakku, reactivating it and then luring the bulk of the Rebel Alliance / New Republic Navy into the firing zone is. :-B

Especially since they mention the planet used to be lush before going the Tatooine route, along with the planet's ''enlightened'' ruler disappearing about the same time a thousand years ago. You know, right about the time the Sith went underground and the Galactic Republic was founded. [face_thinking]

Jedi Ben and Revanfan1 like this.
  10. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013

Perhaps the "enlightened" ruler, Snoke, is in stasis alongside his superweapon, and Palpatine just planned to kill him as soon as he found the weapon/tomb/whatever. Maybe Rax doesn't even know Snoke is down there, and sort of unleashes the beast? Or he does know about him, and decided he'd be a good replacement for Palpatine.

Karl0413 likes this.
  11. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Eh, Palpatine would dig up an old Sith Lord for knowledge if he could.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  12. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    Yeah, I tend to think something along these lines. No way does Palpatine actually want Snoke running around the galaxy, but that hardly rules out him being down there.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  13. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015
    These Rax and who is Snoke discussions also make me think of the ending in Lost Stars. Where we saw what's-his-name being a Lt. Commander in the starfighter corps, hiding in some nebula with some other fleet and Thane Kyrell's brother. This was post-battle of Jakku. So obviously the empire didn't completely split up after that.

Rax have purged people before, such as the imperial future council, being power hungry competitors. He has also appeared as a man who does not fail, and is a real puppetmaster. Those do not tend to lose a battle so quick, unless it's on purpose to rule out the weak. The First Order soldiers were "trained from birth" I think, definitely better than regular stormtroopers. The Galactic Empire effect also faded, so maybe he thought something new had to arise. He has pointed out significant importance for Brendol Hux, despite not having any resources or specifically good rank. He is of course father of Armitage Hux of the First Order. I wonder what part Rae Sloane and Brentin will play, though.

As for the team, I hope they all won't die. Not because it's sad, but more expansion in their characters will be good and not just kill them off like a simple solution. It doesen't make it a "messy EU", I call it in-depth.

14. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    I am pretty certain that if Snoke is connected to Rax it is cause he took over Rax.

15. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013

Well Snap, at least, will definitely survive. :p

But yeah, I hope they don't go with a "kill 'em all" route.

R1 did that already and I don't think I could handle it twice in under a year. [face_laugh]

Jedi Ben likes this.
  16. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

My response is in the quote but my editor is having problems

17. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    As to Palpatine, I would consider what he would do had he known about Abeloth.

Simply put, he would have left plans for her to be unleashed in the event of his death.

It's revenge, pure and simple, I'd say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PCCViking , JediFett10 and Jedi Ben like this.
  18. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    You realise you're all heading in the direction of a SW / Thundercats hybrid, right?

19. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Me?

20. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Hmm, I wouldn't put it past you to extend your continuity splicing to entire other realms / franchises! ;)

21. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    We do have several uncharted satellite galaxies...

Force Smuggler likes this.
  22. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    Palpatine was interested in Jakku for a long time, though. It can't have originated as - or even been primarily, given his personality - a revenge plan like Operation Cinder.

I can live with that.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  23. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    A bit late there JB.

From another thread.

Fan-fic!

24. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Especially if Snoke does this

25. Darth_SHOT

Darth_SHOT Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 11, 2004
    No way Rax is Snoke. Even if he is, there's no way Lucasfilm is going to blow the lid on the sequel trilogy main villain in a book that comes out almost a year before the second movie.

They'll probably introduce some kind of McGuffin that exists on those vaults on Jakku, leaving the way open for VIII to explain the Knights of Ren and Snoke.